105 S 13th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jamonerarestaurant.com/jamonera/
- Phone: 2159226061x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Marcie B. Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jamonera
Jamonera is a Spanish restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village section of center city. James Beard nominated Chef Marcie Turney’s menu will feature rustic, handcrafted regional fare such as: Banderillas of olives, boquerones and guindilla peppers; Crispy Calasparra Rice with heirloom pumpkin, chestnuts and La Quercia Acorn Edition jamon; Moorish Skewers of Lamb with spiced yogurt, mint and pickled chiles; and House-Cured Cecina with artichokes, fennel and amontillado sherry. Menu items will range in price from $4 to $20, spanning everything from small snacks to composed plates, all ideal for sharing. Seating at the bar is available for walk in seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jamonera reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (157)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (65)special occasion (60)hot spot (54)great for outdoor dining (35)notable wine list (27)late-night find (27)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (14)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Well worth the visitJKRafDined on 9/18/2014This was our first meal here after two visits to the bar for drinks and appetizer's. It was Restaurant Week so our expectations were lessened, but as a fan of the ownership team we were looking forward to the experience. We were not disappointed. We were seated immediately and our waiter could not have been more attentive. There is a creative mixed drink menu and a variety of bottled beers and Spanish wines. The menu choices were excellent for a Restaurant Week menu. The food surpassed expectations and there was a generous amount of it. The bacon wrapped figs and goat cheese salad were favorite starters. The main course hits were the branzino and pork loin. The bread pudding for dessert was top notch. A wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Intimate DiningKmil321VIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was excellent, every course was fabulous. The ambiance is very intimate and romantic with mostly 2-seaters, red dim lighting, lush furniture. Very trendy and very hip! Would definitely bring a hot date here!Special Features:
- Great Food! Fun Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The food was wonderful! Everything we tried had intense bursts of flavor. The portion sizes were perfect for sharing and I loved the tapas style appetizers. I loved the atmosphere, from the the front door to the intimate tables! The textures and colors were warm and welcoming!Special Features:
- higher expectationsrickersDined on 9/15/2014I was anticipating a higher level dining experience based on recommendations from friends.It was good but nothing special. Perhaps It was because we ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. I might give it another try if in the area but would not make a reservation or go out of my way. Very good service was provided to our table.Special Features:
- Great restaurantJohnGDined on 9/13/2014Loved the food and the atmosphere...tapas is great if you're looking for variety. Service was great, just enough interaction and not overbearing. Our waitress helped us through the menu as we a little unsure how many plates would be good for two people. Would highly recommend...Special Features:
- Awesomeurbanfoodie1Dined on 9/12/2014I had a wonderful night at Jamonera..the food was great. .the service outstanding. .the restaurant week menu was awesome with getting all three appetizers...sidewalk dining is only for the courageous....overall I had a great time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekTNTCVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went for the special and had a nice selection and a very reasonable price. THe food was excellent and the Spanish wine list and drinks were awesome. The place is intimate - so expect to be friendly with your neighbors at the next table. We would return if even it wasn't Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Food is amazing every timeCohoganDined on 9/9/2014I don't go around singing the praises of many restaurants, but Jamonera is unbelievable. The flavors have such depth and you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. They must have an extremely talented and detail-oriented chef!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemPhillyfoodie87VIPDined on 9/9/2014Went here for restaurant week and thought it was awesome. Great portions/food/drinks- highly recommend!Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerSuzESDined on 9/9/2014My mom and I shared a pre- theater, belated Mother's Day dinner. Every mouthful was delicious. The service was prompt, but not intrusive. We enjoyed appetizers and three additional courses. A memorable dinner and a definite return destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrisahDined on 9/6/2014This was not our first visit to Jamonera. We love that restaurant. The food is excellent and very authentic. We would recommend this to anyone who enjoys fine dining. The Sherry and Porto after dinner are also superb choices.Special Features:
- great tapasPhilly4dinnerDined on 9/5/2014Great food and reasonable prices. We loved the grilled octopus and pork flank steak. Service was great. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spot for groups81564VIPDined on 9/5/2014We especially like to go here with a group of women. There are lots of small plates that are great for sharing ( like tapis though they don't call it that) more a women's choice than our spousesSpecial Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Met a friend and feasted on numerous small plates. Nothing disappointed. Waiter let us take our time in ordering and talking as we haven't seen each other in a long time--was around plenty but never felt rushed. Will be back.Special Features:
- GREAT TAPAS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I hadn't been to a tapas place in a while but had a hankering for it and this fit the bill perfectly! Unique and varied menu there is nothing I could complain about! Except that I could not eat more! The meatballs and the octopus were particularly good. And take a chance and try the bocarones!Special Features:
- Ole, OleDrmissannVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great Spnsh food attractively served. There were so many delicious options; ate lightly because we had to make a 7:30 PM theater. Will definitely come back and try out the paella...a favorite of mine.Special Features:
- hmmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014My waitress ran my card four times for about $150.00 on the same transaction which promptly caused my bank to shut down my card. Mind you, this has never happened to me before - ever. The food was mediocre at best, but the 6$ bacon - wrapped dates were incredible. However, their wine list was amazing and that was the highlight of our night.Special Features:
- Tapas and Sangria, a great pair.SeptaeaterDined on 9/3/2014If you like small plates done really well, Jamonera is a great place to go. Their meats, on their Chef's board are especially good. As a main course, the Paella was exceptional, and the ingredients were very fresh. The sangria they serve is a mix of wine juices and fresh cut fruit. Very light and refreshing. The bar was packed, and as the restaurant is not very deep, it was a little loud. One last thing - save room for the donuts!!!!Special Features:
- The Food Speaks For Itself.JordanDined on 8/31/2014The server took our drink order. We were anticipating him going over the specials (which,in the course of the meal, we noticed on the board in the back of the restaurant).He didn't go over any of them, not even the 11-course-or-so tasting menu. No knowledge was shed on the menu. We went with the tasting menu and were working hard to keep up with all the course. I ended up asking the server to slow it down. We had made it clear early that it was our anniversary and we were in no rush. He then told me to notify him when we were ready for more food. I would think it's obvious that we'd be ready for more food when we had finished a particular course, but I guess not. Food great, service not-so-great. Maybe this is just how they do it in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid in generalCityfoodyDined on 8/30/2014We finally had our first meal at Jamonera after many attempts on making a reservation. It was worth the wait for sure. The waiter gave us plenty of time to great our friends and chat a little before pushing for the order or abandoning us. He was very profesional and the food was fantastic! Every one at the table enjoy their dishes.Special Features:
- after theaterhaverforddinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great dinner after seeing a show at the Forrest Theater. Nice selection for all of us. Some dishes (flatbread, tuna, and dessert) more successful that others (veggie tapas and veggie paella). Be sure and have the mushroom flatbread, donuts, and bread pudding. Very good service.Special Features:
- Great placeBeisVIPDined on 8/28/2014A slightly different take on tapas. Interesting and different than say Amada. Really relaxed bar. Have enjoyed every meal I have had there and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine2dineDined on 8/27/2014The food was very good. Four of us shared excellent appetizers and we all loved our main courses. The service was good and fast and we made our theater reservations on time. Waiter was knowledgable and efficient. Overall the experience was excellentSpecial Features:
- See below.JimmyDined on 8/26/2014Going to Jamonera was a delightful experience. One of my friends had been there before but for the other two of us it was a first experience. It was an absolutely delightful one! The food was delicious and our server, Sergei, could not have been more patient, attentive and helpful. Ever since I have been recommending it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experience!PhillyDinerDined on 8/25/2014There's absolutely nothing to complain about at Jamonera. The service was great, the food superb, and the portion size was surprisingly large for Tapas style. Things we ordered that were especially great and I would highly recommend: Papa Frita, Spanish Breakfast, Grilled Spanish Octopus, Pan Seared Branzino, Chef's Board, Hanger Steak Things that were good, but probably not worth the money: Berenjenas, Paella Mixta. Overall, I really enjoyed this restaurant and will surely go back soon to try the items I couldn't fit in my stomach the first time there! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent!WisteriaDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good. We especially liked the meatballs - so much we asked for a second order! The bacon-wrapped dates are amazing! The interior, while a bit dark to actually see anything, is spectacular! We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Was fine, enjoyed everything but nothing to write home about. Reasonable prices though.Special Features:
- the perfect experience...mdevereauxDined on 8/21/2014jamonera provides an amazing culinary experience with every plate...the restaurant is beautiful stylized...the staff is amazingly knowledgeable and compliments the experience at every turn...the small plates are perfect for sharing and we were amazed at every dish...the flavors, the presentation and the combinations were indescribable and so well executed...we will definitely return and will recommend jamonera to literally everyone that we know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella and Sangria night!eaterrrrrDined on 8/18/2014My friend and I caught the last Paella and Sangria night that Jamonera did. He had been before for dinner, I had not. We did the chicken, sausage and mussel paella with a pitcher of the rosé sangria. As with the other concepts within this restaurant family, everything was stellar. I will definitely be going back for a non-promotional night.Special Features:
- JamoneraMissy2MikeDined on 8/16/2014The food was AMAZING!!! A true tapas menu with great prices!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful experience at Jamonera. The food was terrific and the service outstanding. Our waiter (Sergei) was very knowledgeable about the food, the wine and the sherries. We sampled many things on the menu and I don't think you can't go wrong. So many restaurants to try and so little time but because of the combo of food/service/ambiace - this one is on my 'return to' list!Special Features:
- Great for friendsKacsDined on 8/14/2014We went for a girls night out. The food was delicious. We are still talking about the sangria. Definitely going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!QueenCulverDined on 8/13/2014It's always challenging to choose a restaurant to entertain a customer but I would certainly recommend this one! Ambiance was homey and was very conducive to conversation. The food was wonderful -- small plates were delicious and the larger ones were perfect for sharing. The service was very attentive without being overbearing. Fantastic experience!Special Features:
- Dinner for 2temcDined on 8/12/2014I was just here last night to meet up with an good friend of mine and I'm glad we chose this spot. The food was amazing, the staff was helpful, patient, and attentive. For a smaller venue, they really utilize their space well and have created a wonderful atmosphere for dining.Special Features:
- Keep coming BackSarckVIPDined on 8/12/2014I've been to Jamonera a handful of times and it never disappoints. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the vodka passionfruit drink is one of the best I've ever had, and I could possibly eat styrofoam while drinking it and that would be fine. Luckily, the food is also superb. The buttery bread they use for many apps--like the bruscetta--is decadent and delicious. The Bacon and dates are tender and sweet and salty at once. The paella has a good amount of seafood plus perfectly crunchy soccarat at the bottom. It's romantic and cozy and dark--perfect for a date, though the bar is a good spot for a drink with a friend It's small, so I wouldn't go without a reservation. But I would go to the all you can eat Sunday night feast, date or no.Special Features:
- Great tapasSpspDined on 8/10/2014We are fans of Barbuzzo, Lolita, and we loved Bindi, this was our first visit to Jamonera. Did tapas and pitcher of Sangria. Tapas were very good, favs were duck sausage and quail egg, melon, proscuitto salad, mussels,crab manchego balls. The bacon wrapped dates were good, but too sweet for my palate, even the salty bacon did not help. The waitstaff was pleasant, beer suggestion was on the mark. The mussels were not gritty, had enough garlic but wasn't overpowering, and the bread that accompanied it was sooooo good! We had to take Bronzino and ribs home, we were stuffed. Wish we and room for dessert. All in all we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Worth Visiting - We'll be back.bimmlerDined on 8/9/2014Interesting tapas menu and good wait staff. Service is brisk, but not rushed. Informed staff and compelling dishes. My wife and I each had a starter and a main, but I could have gone for another main. My wife had the fried squash blossoms to start and the seafood paella for main - both of which were excellent. I had the spanish breakfast bite (duck sausage and egg yolk on toasts) to start and the octopus for main. The (typical for tapas) vinegar/veg sauce did not overwhelm the sweet octopus meat. Overall a great dining experience. Overlook the somewhat tight space and enjoy the affordable wines and great food. Recommended.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Well done on a busy night. The pacing was well done. The flavors popped. The desserts continued the flavor train nicely. Would love to go back for the late night menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!roserun13VIPDined on 8/6/2014Staff was extremely welcoming and was able to accommodate us to get us out for a 7:30 pm Musical at Forrest theatre. The food was tapas and was very well prepared! We all had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad start turned into great timeFoodGuyDined on 8/3/2014We had an 8pm reservation but was not seated until about 830. We sat at the bar and the bartender was extremely friendly and went out of his way to make us feel ok with our wait. Within minutes of being seated a plate came out from the kitchen as compliments of the house for our wait. The food was great, and I through reasonably priced for center city Philadelphia. I would definitely return!Special Features: