Jameson's Charhouse at the Glen
2601 Navy Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jameson's Charhouse at the Glen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jamesons-charhouse.com/index.html
- Phone: (847) 832-9000
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Juan Ruelas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jameson's Charhouse at the Glen
Since 1990, Jameson's Charhouse has offered the finest quality hand carved steaks, chops and fresh seafood. Our newest location at the Glen Town Center is as warm and inviting as the service that has made us who we are today. We look forward to providing you a memorable dining experience utilizing the freshest ingredients available in all of our dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jameson's Charhouse at the Glen reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (27)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DannyDined on 11/18/2014had our annual 6 man golf dinner; great food and place to have itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedDJGotaasDined on 11/18/2014Very pleased with great service, reasonable pricing for quality and quantity of food, and their complimentary recognition of our special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGirlsVIPDined on 11/7/2014Had wonderful service and a great meal with our grandsonSpecial Features:
- The Perfect Place for A CelebrationBabycakes23Dined on 11/7/2014My husband, son & his girlfriend, daughter & her boyfriend, and I went for a dinner to celebrate birthdays, new jobs and the purchase of a new house. We had a drink at the bar while waiting for all of our party to arrive. The bar is beautiful, the drinks delicious and some people choose to eat there. We were seated shortly after and had the most delicious dinner. Everyone loved their meal choices. The filet mignon was tender and cooked perfectly. My husband and son loved the grilled shrimp. My son's girlfriend loved her chicken marsala. It was very busy. The waitress was great. We love the decor and the atmosphere at this Jameson's location in Glenview, as opposed to the one in Skokie.Special Features:
- Good but not very goodgkonieDined on 11/7/2014For our anniversary, we wanted some good steaks. I ordered the 24 oz Porterhouse "MEDIUM" and my wife ordered the 20 oz Bone-in New York Strip. The cocktails were good. The hot bread was hard. The soup was delicious. The salads were just right. Now, the steaks. Both came out with baked potatoes and broccoli. We started eating the steaks and they were "good but not very good" because they really were not "MEDIUM"...more like medium well. We did not want to make a fuss so we just took them home to doctor up later...something we should not have to do. Coffee was very good and the dessert was interesting. On the way home, we both commented about the condition of the steaks. Maybe we should have mentioned it to the server.Special Features:
- Nice evening with friendsSusanGDined on 11/5/2014An enjoyable and relaxing evening. Nice environment to visit with friends that I had not seen in awhile. Everyone loved their entrees, we happened to all have fish that night. Ample wine selection and delicious dessert!Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotVeggieloverDined on 11/2/2014The waiting area is very good, not on top of diners, 'alley way' keeps the colder air from blowing into the dining rooms. Service is good but spotty. There is no vibrancy to the dining room. The slabs of dead meat on display as you walk in are a turn off, especially for those who are not carnivores. The food is not anything special, simple, mostly down to earth menu, nothing that distinguishes it from other restaurants. Portions are generous without being overly ample. In the summer the outdoor area is protected from the street - thats a plus.Not enough veggies choices and no veggie plate.Special Features:
- A little bit of everything!ssadsdhtVIPDined on 11/1/2014Really nice menu, good food and great service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Dine at JamesonsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Tried Jameson's Charhouse out and found it to be a pleasant place to dine. A lot of choices from appetizers to steak. The wait staff was friendly and the manager was very polite and engaging. Had a great glass of Argentinian Malbec. There were only two draw backs -- the crowd was a little old and the restuarant was noisy. But we made a reservation that day and were seated and served immediately.Special Features:
- DisappointingSoozDined on 11/1/2014I know this restaurant has a good reputation but I think they are overpriced for the quality of food. My salmon was not prepared as i asked for and was a small portion for the price. The vegetable accompaniment of asparagus consisted of 3 overcooked pieces. Our friend's Greek style pork chops were undercooked, sent back and then came covered in a brown gravy - not Greek style. Probably the best part of dinner was the bar service before being seated. Nice martini!Special Features:
- Excellent all American foodBoyceDined on 10/27/2014There is something for everyone no matter what you want. All food is well prepared and tastes great. Nice peaceful place to enjoy a family or friends get-together. The Bar is a great place as well to watch a game.Special Features:
- lindaDined on 10/18/2014have been to this restaurant for many occasions, have never been disappointed in the food or the service. The lemon drop martinis are great and the prime rib just as excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014Great restaurant and staff was superb.... Best waiter I have had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentAndrea83Dined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I had an amazing experience. We were treated like royalty. We were out celebrating our 6 months dating anniversary. The wait staff and manager were extremely nice to us. At the end of our meal, they gave us a free desert for celebrating with them. Awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- genoVIPDined on 9/20/2014had to ask for bread/ Dinners served to some while others waited/ Uncoordinated dining experience
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014Very family oriented - we knew this and went there about 8:00 so there were more adults. The food is good; We all had steaks. Very reasonable prices.
- MediumOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014I have been to other Jameson's and found them to be betterI would recommend this to a friend.
- 50-50eatoutoftenVIPDined on 9/13/2014My wife's entrée which was salmon was quite good. Mine which was prime rib was served cold. They tried to reheat, but prime rib does not reheat well and ruined the serving. Salads were good. One soup was good and the other was cold. Entrée course served too fast. Not the best meal we have had at this restaurant. Saved face by removing the charge on my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Liver and onions not good before they were much more tender must have changed quality. Server brought us soup before appetizer, not very good at remembering who ordered what. Also a few weeks ago we went to mount prospect location horrible service, we were the only people in the place and out took over one hour to get our food, and when we asked the waitress why it's taking so long she said with an attitude, talk to the manager, instead of saying I'm sorry let me check what's going on, not good, I will not go back to that location again, we were there for my sons birthday and it was not pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- basic foodLike2eatitalianVIPDined on 9/8/2014good basic food. American menu. What we really like is that entrees come with soup, salad and sidesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to dinner there after the movie Saturday night at The Glen...probably will be the only time we go...my husband ordered a Ketle One vodka, straight up with blue cheese olives, with a glass of ice...it actually is listed as Jameson's special martini on the menu...both of us ordered filets medium rare..they arrived medium..not the best tasting but when the bill came, we had an additional charge of $2.00 as an "up" charge for the glass of ice...we complained but was told this was their policy..never have been charged an "up" charge before even in the finest dining establishments..have dined at the Jameson's on Dundee Road in Arlington Heights several times and had the best of meals and service
- ExcellentchicocherylDined on 9/5/2014Food is great, the restaurant is comfortable and beautiful. Prices are reasonable and you get a lot for your money,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pglippsDined on 8/30/2014The ribeye steak was cooked to perfection and the macadamia nut crusted fish my wife had was to her very selective liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water bathOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our party of four were seated in a large booth. A bus boy spilled a tray holding four glasses of ice water all over us and the entire table. NO BIG DEAL. Our waitress , Cassandra was very apologetic. Andy,the mgr, also the same. Cassandra was very very efficient pleasant and professional. The meal was great!Special Features:
- Attentive serviceDmcd2Dined on 8/29/2014We have enjoyed eating here as the food is always good and the service attentive. We enjoyed the walleye and the seafood pasta ad both were high quality. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Don't get the ribsCompreVIPDined on 8/28/2014My ribs were not good. Hard to get them off the bone. The bread was fantastic though.
- Ask for Jeffrey - he's the best!CookieMamaDined on 8/24/2014Our waiter, Jeffrey, was fantastic! He was attentive, knowledgeable and made our dining experience very enjoyable. The food was outstanding and the prices fair. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an exceptional meal at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNewbieDined on 8/23/2014Even. though there are several Jameson's Charhouses around the area, this is the only one that I have ever visited. The waiter we had was new ane had to go back and ask about every special request that we made. One of our companions asked for cheese on the vegetable that was served. The waiter asked, and was told that it was not possible; even though cheese is served on their onion soup. This seems to be quite illogical to me. The rest of the dinner was excellent. The waiter tried very hard, and was very attentive. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Just OK, NOT greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Thought we'd try Jameson's Charhouse for the 1st time. Food was just OK, nothing really great or memorable. Jameson's doesn't hold a candle to Wildfire for food quality.
- BunzDined on 8/18/2014Good food, great waiter & bus boys lots of attentiveness. Food could have been a little hotter. Bang for your buckSpecial Features:
- DisappointedRobHVIPDined on 8/17/2014The good: the server was more than patient and reactive to requests as well as complaints from our group of 7. Bread was very good. the bad: Wait Staff Cell Phone recharging in corner outlet by our our table. Luke Warm soup all around, which when redone was better, but not "piping hot" the way you would expect soup to be served. Special of the day, Prime Rib requested medium rare. Would expect something that melts in your mouth, but beef was served too rare and was rubbery.
- Used to be greatTasmanVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sadly, Jameson's isn't my first choice for a nice dinner out with good food at a reasonable price. Now the food is just ok, the broccoli was chewy (not cooked but not raw), the lamb was something I could've made at home and would probably taste better. The sweet mash (sweet potato) was just ok. Salad was not made as I requested and soup was good but way too many peppers (chicken and rice). Overall just so, so, and if you are going to spend $30+ per person it should be something you want to eat with decent service. Probably moving this to my last choice for a steak house in the area. Oh and watch out for the booths, if someone is sitting behind you there will be a lot of back and forth with your back rest!
- Slow but steadyOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/10/2014We had a very young, new waiter. He was a bit overwhelmed and quite slow. It took at least 10 minutes for him to come out and greet us and then order taking was very slow. In the past we have had numerous experiences where the service was way, way too fast - food brought out before one was done with the first course. This was the pendulum swinging to the other extreme. Food was good as always. Fried calamari were a bit too large and slightly rubbery. Looks like they changed sources of calamari as they used to be smaller rings and more tender. Mediterranean sea had a nice, mild and well balanced mixture of artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes and onions. Grilled salmon was fresh and perfectly cooked. The rib eye was well charred and flavorful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014The wait was short but we were there early. The food was very good but the main course was served barely warm. Our server was very apologetic and offered a free desert which was appreciated. Overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome tasting food poor serviceFrogDined on 8/9/2014The food was fairly priced and was very good. Our service was slow and we had to push for it. 15 min for first water, ask for bread, waiter forgot things, etc. Maybe just a bad waiter. But it caused unnecessary stress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few blips but worth itbbfanDined on 8/9/2014Unfortunately we were told that there would be a 25 minute wait in spite of our Open Table reservation. We chose to sit in the bar area and enjoy immediate seating. A good decision!! Service was timely, the food was tasty and we enjoyed the time spent at Jameson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamisonschillyDined on 8/9/2014I have dined there many times before. This time was the exception. The server was obviously overly busy and unable to properly attend to our needs. Our food took much longer than usual and then it was not hot. One of the orders was not correct and it took a very long time to even get someone to help us. Then this person still never brought out the correct part that was missing. Another person offered to correct this and still it never came. VERY disappointing to say the least. If this would have been our first time in, it would have been the last.Special Features:
- intlgeorgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Jameson's for a long time. Got to know the hostess and manager quiet well. Just come to find out they are gone to the skokie Jameson's. The new staff is not as friendly and the management is missing. We are disappointed that the old team is gone.
- Dinner with friendsGirlsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful dining experience, food and service were excellent. Met the new manager Andy, he was very inviting , we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014This is my 4th time to visit this location and it has been good everytime. This time a poorly trained young server almost ruined our meal but other staffers came to her rescue. For 30 dollar entrees, I would expect more tenured servers. When we asked how some questions about how things were prepared, she had no clue. All in all a good place to have a decent meal. Hopefully management will see this and address training.I would recommend this to a friend.