4051 E Main Street
St. Charles, IL 60174Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pheasantrun.com/activities/dining/jambalaya.php
- Phone: 6305245005
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11a- 2pm Everyday, Dinner: Monday through Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Closed Sunday Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Josef Yurisich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar
- Entertainment: Live Bands Friday and Saturday Nights 10pm - 12am. Rock-n-Roll, Blues and Pop.
A word from Jambalaya
You don’t have to go far to experience the tastes and nightlife of New Orleans. Visit Jambalaya on Bourbon Street for distinctive Cajun/American dishes and the area’s best live entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jambalaya reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)good for groups (9)special occasion (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very DisappointedBonAppetiteDined on 10/25/2014We dined here on a Living Social deal. A "Special" menu was given where the only thing that looked good was not available which was the chicken. We then were able to go to the salad bar which was completely out of everything. We got attitude when asked to fill it up. The food was just terrible. There was no "New Orleans's" ambience during dinner - there was absolutely no music on. The band afterwards was very boring, not upbeat at all.Special Features:
- okayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Have been here a few times in past, recommender to friends – Sat. rib special, (fish fry Friday – use Pollock, fishy tasting fish – not hot) , not sure if I would be as upbeat recommending to friends as I have been in past. Salad bar far fewer items presented and lowered quality of items, ribs serve were not hot, and not back ribs, St Louis split, fries in place of baked potato. Not sure if I would return - most likely will look for options.Special Features:
- Not accomodating bar/restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Eventhough, I RSVPed for 6 at 6:00pm they said said they could only sit 4. The restaruant had open tables. When I told the manager that I had 4 more people arriving and asked if they could be seated, he said first come first come first served. Then the other people in my party arrived 15 minutes later they had to stand or steal chairs from other tables. There was a table reserved for over 2 hours before the party of 12 arrived. The manager would not let us use that table or chairs for 1/2 hour to eat the Rib buffet meal. Some of us staying at the hotel, and did not go back later for drinks as we original intended. This bar/restaurant lost a lot of money last Saturday night.
- PerfectPerfectDined on 10/18/2014My Wife and I stayed at pheasant run and made reservations here for a Saturday night. I got the Rib fest, which was only $14.99!! my wife got the blackened Chicken. Both dishes were fantastic! the meat on the bones for the rips fell clean off the bones, so I was able to use a fork and not get messy. We also got the calamari appetizer which was great as well. The Rib fest was all you could eat but after the salad bar and calamari I could only eat one plate worth. the waiter was also nice and attentive, just an all around great experience.Special Features:
- PatsyDined on 10/4/2014I thought the ribs were very good. Very good price point on the ribs. The salad bar had quite a few choices. I'd come back to try the other dishes that are offered. The noise level became quite loud once the evening went on. The service was a tad bit slow, as far as clearing off your dishes from your table once you were done with something. I would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- dinner 9/20. watch band 9/20averageDined on 9/20/2014Service was slow both at dinner and when we returned to watch the band ordering drinks. My dinner was served with curly fries instead of sweet potato fries. My drink was asked for a tall..bacardi limon diet coke and lime and it came in a small glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jambalaya - Pheasant RunPaddyHDined on 9/19/2014My wife & I ate early in the evening when the noise level was moderate. Later when the band got going & the place was jumping. Our super reasonable fish fry special included a well stocked salad bar with desert included. Our server Marissa was very friendly & got our salad plates & drinks to us very quickly. The salad bar had a huge bowl of blue cheese, another of honey-cinnamon toasted pecans, a dozen kinds of veggies, multiple dressings and fresh biscuits. The generous portion of fish & curly fries were crispy, dry of oil & tasty, especially with the homemade tartar sauce. Marissa checked in several times & offered more fish if desired. We declined for the bread pudding with bourbon sauce; delicious. Marissa produced our bill promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RibsSatisfiedSeniorsDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed delicious ribs. Covered with a great barbeque sauce, the ribs were very meaty and so tender that the meat fell off the bones. We were offered additional servings of this all you can eat special, but the first serving was so abundant that we were thoroughly satisfied and did not have seconds. We had a long leisurely meal and stayed on to hear the band. Service was prompt and courteous. Planning to return and bring our friends.Special Features:
- Amazing servicekappagirl07Dined on 8/22/2014My mom and I ate here two nights in a row. We got burgers on Thursday and fish on Friday. Both were delicious. My mom was in a wheelchair and they made sure to find a spot that was comfortable for her. They different staff stopped and chatted with us as well. It was our first time there and made it a very pleasant experience. We were telling everyone we talked to about how nice and sweet the staf are at Jambalaya. I would definitely cime back next time we stay there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkaynightoutDined on 8/8/2014I was not impressed by the food or the restaurant. There was not a lot of food choices on the menu. We had the fish fry and it was just frozen cooked fish and was not great. The salad bar is in bowls sitting on ice sideways so it's hard to dip from. We ordered pecan pie for dessert and it was more of a pecan bread pudding of sorts that just wasn't that great either. The curly fries and candied pecans from salad bar were our favorite items out of the dinner.
- Our reviewMrMrsCDined on 8/2/2014It was our first time to eat there and overall we liked the experience. The waitress was not to knowledgable of the products and prices. (We took that as her being new, maybe). What ever she was not, she did gracefully at times go and find out the correct information. Drinks were great, prices were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014The hostess was very rude. There wasn't many items to choose from. Over priced. The server was very nice and super polite He did a great job.Special Features:
- Amazing AnniversaryKandJDined on 7/5/2014My Fiance and I went out to Pheasant run for our anniversary this year, and we had a marvelous time at Jambalya. The food was tasty and was a great price for all that you get. We split the carrort lava cake and it was amazing!Special Features:
- The following 123 reviews are from the Jambalaya reviews archive.
- ShirlDined on 6/29/2014I felt the menu was way overpriced. No wonder we were the only ones in the restaurant.
- Jambalaya at Pheasant RunmarybDined on 6/28/2014Nice little restaurant to get something before the play. Menu is limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Resort RestaurantKMandoDined on 6/27/2014Now offering Friday All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry (Atlantic Whitefish) & Saturday All-You-Can-Eat Ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsDaryleDined on 6/19/2014We expected a good meal because of the reputation of the resort. What we got was a meal the exceeded every one of them! The spinac artichoke fondeaux was the best I've ever had, and I order this at every restaurant I enter. The crab cake salad was, quite simply, the best salad I've ever had! Amazing! The manager made a point to come to our table and speak to us. He was clearly very active in customer service and it paid off. The service was great! We will most definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Overall, a pleasent dining experiance. The only downside was that we felt rushed through our dishes. I had just started my salad when my soup arrived. Then my entree quickly followed.By the time I finished my soup and salad my ribs were cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outcoachDined on 4/18/2014Was nice to eat here prior to seeing a play/show. Good food and time. Very reasonable prices. Would return in the future to dine here.Special Features:
- Just okkarbear0315Dined on 3/15/2014We chose this restaurant out of convenience. We were going to the Zanies show next door. The server could have been a little more attentive since we had to flag her down a couple of times, but she was aware we had show tickets and made sure to leave us the check. The food was not hat great. I got the all you can eat ribs. The sauce was not to my liking and it was smothered on. The fries seemed stale and old. The waitress never came back to check if I needed more ribs. After flagging her down, she did bring me more and I asked for little to no bbq, sauce and it was still poured on. Would not recommend or go back.Special Features:
- Nice change of paceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014We were leary to come here with a three year old, but they had a varied children's menu and an energetic vibe. I really enjoyed the jambalaya, but was surprised there wasn't a hurricrne on the menu. The salad bar options with the all-you-can-eat-ribs was amazing. Could have been a meal in itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014Food was pretty good. Service was pretty good. Overall, I would go back and recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little dissapointingwjw222Dined on 1/22/2014looked at the menu online i was expecting the same but what we got was a very different menu. it had just a few select entrees, few salads & burgers, & a few dinners from another restaurant's menu. the jambalaya was very good which we were hoping to order but there wasn't really anything else on the abridged menu that looked worthwhile. we ended up getting the nachos off the appetizer list. they were pretty good, the gumbo soup was very good. we had been really looking forward to the desserts the most. the description of the pecan pie had my mouth watering all day, when it came to the table it was a huge letdown. it was not a pie, it was a flat, hard square with a little caramel drizzle 7 a scoop of ice cream. probably will not return :(Special Features:
- AquariusAquariusDined on 1/11/2014Overall very good dining experience just around the corner from great entertainmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We didn't like it that theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014We didn't like it that they ran out of the all u can eat ribs that is what we went there for. They didn't even have a bunch of people at the restaurant and ran out quickly.
- Go ElsewhereNeedFoodDined on 1/4/2014Service was terrible. Server said "give me a minute" whenever he came to our table. He then proceeded to take several minutes for any request. The food was cold. The ribs were really tough. Will not go there again.
- Perfect location if doingnotpickyVIPDined on 12/20/2013Perfect location if doing anything else at Pheasant Run like a play or comedy spot. Food was so-so--fish fry left after taste I did not enjoy. Excellent service, and good if you like New Orleans style cooking.Special Features:
- Before ZaniesSamtDined on 12/13/2013You'll get 20% off your bill if you have a Zanies reservation. Service was quick and a nice "house cocktail" selection. The Jambalaya was quite good and the wings very tasty.Special Features:
- dinner before the showshell823lostDined on 12/13/2013We had tickets to see the play and wanted to have dinner before hand. I looked at one of the places in Pheasant run and it was very costly and we really wanted just to eat their and relax before going into the play. then we found this place online, the food was terrific, now I cant say what the other prices where on the menu, because I really didn't look at it , I knew I was eating all you can eat fish fry for 11.99 and it came with a great salad bar and desert. the siting of the place was very relaxing.Special Features:
- night out packagehappyDined on 11/30/2013We were going to the theater at Pheasant Run. This was a great choice before and after the show. Great drink selection!Special Features:
- Quick bite before a showKimJDined on 11/30/2013A nice place to go if you have tickets to see a play while at Pheasant Run. We got the rib special offered Saturday nights only. Very nice salad bar came with the meal. We were able to get in and out in plenty of time for the play.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good salad bad ribstravelerDined on 10/5/2013The salad bar was great, but the ribs tasted like they were bought precooked and just heated and barbecue sauce thrown on.
- NOT New Orleans Food, Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013This is most certainly not a New Orleans style restaurant in anything but the decor. There are four, yes FOUR, menu selections that have anything to do with New Orleans. Jambalaya,Gumbo, a BBQ Pork or Crab Cake Poor Boy and what they call Bread Pudding but is not.Seafood in Gumbo was way over-cooked into mush. Bread with salad was stale and lacked taste. Ribs were okay but nothing special. Bread pudding was served COLD and serve-yourself style. No hard rum sauce for it either. Definitely would not go back.NOT at all what we expected.
- Ech!pdaytonDined on 8/17/2013The worst ribs in a word class resort or ghetto. Pheasant Run has gone down hill. Sorry to say that.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013The menu is very small, and has a very limited selection if you don't eat pork, but the chicken wings were some of the best I've ever had. The ambiance is slightly romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined on a Monday evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2013We dined on a Monday evening. We had the restaurant to ourselves. /the food was just O.K.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night was the fishOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2013Friday night was the fish special so I expected it to be decent. Nope. Looked (and tasted) like it sat around in grease for a while. Noticed other tables while we were walking in and their fish looked really good. We might have just gotten a bad batch. But the wings were flabby and taste-less. Pecan pie was a dry pecan cookie. Waiter tried but couldn't make up for the food.
- Great spot with great food!WeekendtravelerDined on 7/19/2013We were staying in the hotel for a weekend getaway and we did the fish fry on a Friday night. The service was great. Everyone was very friendly. The food was amazing. Big portions and from the salad bar to the included bread pudding for dessert everything tasted great. The salad bar was the best we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Gem in Western "Burbs"BillDined on 7/12/2013A wonderful place, quiet and yet very busy and the food was out of this world, had the Fish Fry and it was delicious and, wow, that Salad Bar was a meal in itself!! The Staff, especially our waitress, was wonderful and very helpful with a smile. They were very busy although of all the street construction going on at this time. Deffinately would recommend to everyone. By the way, the prices are very much in line and certainly affordable Can't wait to go back and also it was nice to use be able to make reservations ahead of time via OPEN TABLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013This place is just Okay. The food was good and came out in a timely manner but felt it was a little over priced for what we got. Staff was efficient but not overly friendly.