Jamaican Me Hungry
73 State St.
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
Jamaican Me Hungry
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (843) 727-0040
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome
- Catering: Private parties, birthday parties, wedding parties, bachelor & bachelorette parties, anniversaries, book clubs, and more! Call (843) 727-0040 to discuss menu options. Vegetarian menus available.
A word from Jamaican Me Hungry
Still looking? Haven't found authentic Caribbean food? You're about to experience a new wave in fine Caribbean cuisine. Discover "the next generation, the all new bona fide Caribbean dining experience". Your palate will be awakened to rediscover a culinary pride that has now influenced the world. Caribbean cuisine may have come late to the world's culinary scene, but it has proven to be one of the most buoyant additions. Come enjoy a taste of the Islands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jamaican Me Hungry reviews from OpenTable diners
- What happened!onalarkVIPDined on 3/22/2014Made reservation through open table. Arrived with my guests to find the place closed. Had to scramble for another place. Not cool!!! Open table needs to police their clients better
- They werent openOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014We made a reservation and got there to find they were not even open.
- Not what I expectedDaren812Dined on 10/12/2013The place is too small. Food had flavor just over cooked and dry. Not at all what I expected from the other reviews.
- It was restaurant week andKellyVIPDined on 9/14/2013It was restaurant week and we were the only ones in the place on a Saturday night. I'm glad we gave it a try but I won't be returning. Food was very bland with no flavor or spice. Portions were also very small.
- Okay but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2013My wife and I were excited to go to Jamaica me hungry and have some good Caribbean cooking. The service was a little slow even though it wasn't that busy. We only got 1 drink all the way through and aren't offer any top ups, even though I was drinking water. The food was good on the whole, but the quality of the meat 30's terrible. Good experience but we wouldn't be in a rush to go back
- Fun place, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Fantastic island experience in downtown Charleston! No doubt a return trip is in order, and yes they have enough dining ware! Was with another couple who had spent some time in Jamacia and said that the food was very authentic. A must visit for something a little different in Charleston.Special Features:
- NDSC Meet UpNDSCdiningoutDined on 3/9/2013It's a cozy, romantic little place. I would've never known it was there if not told by a friend. It's a place where you probably would'nt run into people you know. I plan to dine there again. Quite an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did not have a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013I did not have a good experience at this restaurant. My party of four came in and there were about 10 people already seated and they took up almost all of the space in the restaurant. There wasn't enough menus for 14 people. In fact, we had to wait until the other customers were finished with their menus. My brother stated that we probably would have to wait until they finished eating so they would have enough plates and utincils to feed us. We waited about 15 minutes after receiving our menus before determining that my brother probably was correct in his assessment. After waiting an additional 10 minutes, we left.
- Great dining experience andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2012Great dining experience and friendly service. Highly recommend the curry goat.Special Features: