Jamaica Me Hungry
9501 Atlantic Ave
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Jamaica Me Hungry
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jamaica-me-hungry.com/
- Phone: (609) 522-2311
- Hours of Operation:
Every Day: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Every Day: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Nitely Friday thru Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
No Dinner Service Thursday Evenings
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Charles Regal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering is available for both on premise and off premise. Wait staff and private bartender available.
- Cross Street: E. Jefferson Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the hotel parking when available. See hostess for instructions. Street parking ia also available at meters directly in front of the restaurant when space is not available in the hotel parking lot.
A word from Jamaica Me Hungry
Jamaica Me Hungry serves a gourmet breakfast with menu items like lobster and asparagus benedict with a homemade hollandaise, jumbo lump crab omelet with cream cheese and scallions, wild mushroom omelet with red onion, garlic and cream cheese in addition to traditional American standards like eggs any style and pancakes. Breakfast meats are top quality and include hand-made 2 ounce sausage links, cherrywood smoked bacon and canadian bacon butchered in-house. For lunch, the convenient take out window makes packing something for the beach a breeze or guests can chill in the comfortable dining room where the reggae plays all day and sample something from the eclectic lunch menu like the grilled chicken quesadilla, Caribbean fruit salad with local and tropical fruit, the cuban sandwich with spicy hot pepper mustard sauce, the homemade pan-seared crab cake sandwich or the always popular 8 ounce black angus burger. The fresh cut fries are a great snack.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jamaica Me Hungry reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Very displeased.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a reservation for 8:30pm. When we pulled up in front of Jamaica Me Hungry, one of the staff flipped the open signs to closed. Very disappointing. Would not recommend to anyone.
- Good foodlove2eatDined on 8/6/2014Food was good. Service excellent. Went for the all you can eat ribs on Wed evening. We were told they were out of crab cakes and the macadamia fish. Thought that was strange as it was only 6. One of our 4 didn't care for the ribs as hers was over cooked. The meat pie and soup was very good. Family run business. Nosy atmosphere. Only a few tables so reservations a must!Special Features:
- pleasant lunchvegetarianVIPDined on 7/29/2014We wanted to see a little of the Wildwoods and looked for a spot for lunch. JMH was a little more casual than what we expected but we had a nice lunch with good service.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Jamaica Me Hungry reviews archive.
- get the ribsjgc980Dined on 7/16/2014Both the food and service were excellent. This restaurant will definitely become a staple for all return vacations to Wildwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JennVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was my first visit, so I didn't know what to expect. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted by our server and seated immediately. The lace is small, but decorated really cool; quite the island feel. Also, it's immaculate. The menu isn't very extensive, but still has something everyone can enjoy. My husband had the ribs, which were fabulous. I had the Mahi Mahi sandwich, it was delicious. Highly recommend the crab bruschetta! Will definitely go back again:)Special Features:
- Jamaica me waitEasytoPleaseDined on 6/25/2014My son and I visited recently - picked it out as a reasonable dining experience. Arrived right on time (6pm), were seated in the back of the restaurant - which is fairly cozy - and then remarkably waited 20 minutes for anyone to talk to us. Mind you - 4 servers and 7 tables seated, including us. Huh? I was ready to leave, but a nice waitress (Romanian exchange visa) asked if we had been helped, and then took over. Everything went very well after that - food was very good (except coleslaw was warm...). One other issue - didn't know it was BYOB - but wasn't drinking so it didn't matter - but if you want a brew with your ribs - better bring it.Special Features:
- A must visit while in Wildwood!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2013A really cute, clean place with great music. The waitress was great and we met the owner. It was kid friendly. They have a great selection and the food was out of this world. Ask them about their coffee mug deal! A+ will return!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2013What a treat. Fresh food and smiling friendly servers. Loved my dinner.Special Features: