Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne
Cas Bella Building
Condado, San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marmaladepr.com/
- Phone: 787 721 5991
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Peter Schintler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jam Bistro as well as Marmalade Restaurant and Wine Bar offer full catering services of up to 1000 people.
Please contact us for more details on your event. 787 724-3969 or 787 721- 5991.
- Entertainment: Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne highlights the best of local talent on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night featuring live music like salsa, bossa nova, and vocalists as well as DJ's. Call us at 787 721 5991 to find out what we are featuring this week.
A word from Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne
Nestled away in the beautiful residential community of Condado is the hottest new restaurant in Puerto Rico. Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne is Puerto Rico's only Rum Bar featuring over 70 Rums from around the Island and World. Our menu consists of creative Caribbean and Latin influenced bistro style dishes. Menu is seasonally and locally driven focusing on regional ingredients, local farms and fisherman using lighter cooking methods. Children are welcome, and actually eat free on Sundays! The restaurant has an amazing energy and palate of citrus colors to match the white leather decor. Neighborhood favorite spot for the food lovers of San Juan/Condado. Unbeatable value, great ambience and energy has made Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne an instant success in Puerto Rico. Large groups welcome with private rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jam Bistro Rum bar moderne reviews from OpenTable diners
- Outstanding food, poor serviceTravelingMDined on 5/26/2013I had the marinated pork with potatoes and cheese and it was INCREDIBLE. The service was pretty bad though... I always expect differences in service when dining in other countries but this place was lax to the point of irritating and service was pretty unprofessional as well.
- Great selection of appetizers,marmsuDined on 5/20/2013Great selection of appetizers, soups, and amazing cocktails. Definitely try the soups! Absolutely delicious and the highlight of our meal :) The Bald Bartender is also an excellent cocktail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Food is excellent, service great and atmosphere elegant and relaxing. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic!TiminemShowDined on 5/8/2013Went there for my girlfriend's birthday, and had an absolutely amazing night! I made a reservation thru OpenTable.com, made a comment that it was for my girlfriend's birthday, and even tho I didn't personally ask for it, they staff put a candle on the dessert we ordered! Our waittress was fantastic, SO courteous, gracious, helpful AND beyond polite!!! This place is awesome and I HIGHLY recommend it!! OH since I haven't mentioned it yet, the food was superb! SUCH a great find in San Juan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013My wife and I enjoyed every piece of food we tried. The food and wine pairing special was very reasonably priced and spectacular. My wife had the pairing special while I ordered the red snapper. All soups are out of this world, specially the white bean soup. Dessert was to die for. Service was excellent as well. In summary, we can wait to go back. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation for SundayCaptainVIPDined on 4/21/2013We had a reservation for Sunday evening, but wandered in Friday evening without reservations - glad we did. First the food - we sampled 3 appetizers (two ceviches and a tuna tartar) and a caprese salad. All wonderful; the tomatoes in the caprese salad were exceptional. For main courses, we tried yucca crusted tuna (excellent), vegatable ratatouille (my wife loved it), red snapper on a bed of mofongo (teriffic) and tiger shrimp risotto (delicious). The wine list was small, but functional and very reasonably priced. Service: On Friday, our server was engaging, engaged in what she was doing and knew the menu inside and out. She gets an A+. She was a tough act to follow for Sunday's server - he was only excellent.Special Features:
- Chef's restaurant and food.kevinprDined on 4/13/2013Chef's restaurant and food. Great service and very interesting menu. Cocktails amongst the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great updated Puerto Rican cuisineDanarDined on 4/8/2013We had an absolutely beautiful meal recently at Jam Rum Bar. Every bite of food was distinctive and delicious. Our waiter was particularly helpful and responsive throughout our meal. When we next visit San Juan, we will be sure to return--this was the high-point of our dining experiences there.Special Features:
- Great food and very personableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Great food and very personable server. Hostess went out of her way to meet us outside with an umbrella, great overall experience.Special Features:
- Hip Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013We had our daughter with us and the staff did an excellent job of finding a dish that was appropriate for a seven year old. The food was outstanding. We enjoyed the fresh caprese salad and taro based soup for appetizer - both of which were excellent. Our main dishes of free-range chicken and tuna entrees were unique and cooked perfectly. The key lime pie for desert was amazingly light and had just the perfect amount of sweetness.Special Features:
- As usual, this was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013As usual, this was a great evening! Food was delicious. Staff was attentive, knowledgeable. Fabulous restaurant with a contemporary island ambiance. On a cruise to the eastern Caribbean and left the ship to specifically dine there--didn't disappoint Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Decadent Food & Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013I brought my boyfriend here for his 39th Birthday! We live in NYC and I planned a weekend getaway to the beach in PR. Everything about the food in this restaurant was absolutely amazing and DELICIOUS. The service was wonderful and you must order the special soup made from a local root and garnish it w/coconut & cinnamon! We both felt the ambiance was nice but it just needed a little push to be more in line with the decadent nature of the cuisine. We both felt the lighting was too bright and all it needed was to be dimmed and votive candles added to every table to deliver a chic, romantic atmosphere in line with the cuisine. Highly recommend this restaurant and hope they will flip the switch on the ambiance to take it to the next leveSpecial Features:
- Good food, weird atmosphereEatsoutoftenDined on 2/19/2013We found this place online before our trip to Puerto Rico, and were really excited about the menu. The menu and food did not disappoint...it was the rest of the experience that did. The rest of the restaurant was filled with other tourists, including screaming babies which really put a damper on the romantic factor we were hoping for. The service was unbelievably slow, it took 45 min to find our waitress, get the check, and to get it back. Overall, the place just add an odd vibe. We've found other places with better food, atmosphere and service that we'd recommend before this place.
- Really just so-so.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2013We had early Sunday dinner reservations (6:30) and were the only table seated at that time. Ordered drinks before our food, but our food arrived way before our drinks. Given the amount of patrons that were there, they should have the sequencing of the meal correct. The food was average. The cup of ceviche was very tart and not balanced, and only half a cup, given that the bottom half was filler herbs. Calamari was hot and not overdone with a tasty aioli. The pork quesidilla was a comical proportion for $10 (1/2 of a SMALL tortilla), although it was the best of the meal. Also had the empanadas. They were greasy, but the meat had a good flavor. Overall, disappointed with the experience and certainly not the experience of other reviews
- Seating was odd and we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013Seating was odd and we were sat too close to others when there was a lot of open space. It was one of those situations where you are closer to the person sitting at the table next to you than you are to your date. The food was great - creative and delicious. The service was also very good. The waitress spoke English - which was helpful. The cocktails were also very tasty.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Good food, excellent service. The turnovers were great, rib-eye was really juicy.Special Features:
- Excellent drinks! Excellentleeley18VIPDined on 2/15/2013Excellent drinks! Excellent service! Unique and delicious menu! Couldnt have asked for a better gem in this neighborhood!!!Special Features:
- A+Walt46Dined on 2/11/2013Very good food and service. Nice touch is chef will cater to your food preferences or allergies.Special Features:
- excellent meal, tilapia fordrdukVIPDined on 2/8/2013excellent meal, tilapia for my wife and chicken for myself, good salad nice sauvignon blanc (chile)Special Features:
- Not very busy. My ribeye wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2013Not very busy. My ribeye was great, but veges were cold. Poor by the glass wine list. Pomegranate sangria truly great! Wait staff good. Not all menu items availableSpecial Features:
- Rum selection was great andSymphonyFanDined on 1/20/2013Rum selection was great and the bartender was outstanding in guiding a rum novice like me through the choices. Very good food, creative menu with some unique flavors. Lots of local flavors, but with a foodie twist.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2013Very nice restaurant, great food,great waiter(Zachary).Special Features:
- We had the caprese and greekOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/3/2013We had the caprese and greek salads, which were very well done and amazing. Choosing a main course was hard as everything on the menu looked yummy but in the end all 3 of us went with the shrimp risotto, which was a great choice! I'd definitely go back to Jam.Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/3/2013We went to Jam on two occasions on our recent stay in PR.(mind you we are big fans of Marmalade, Jam's sister restaurant).The first time was on New Year's eve, it was a great experience. Our waitress was very personable and energetic. The food was great and so was the service. The second time around was a different story. Our waiter was not personable and didn't do much in the way of talking to us. In fact we came to find out about the specials after we had already ordered because we heard another waiter informing his table of them. The appetizer, soup and drinks were great but our main dishes, the churrasco and snapper, were very disappointing. I go to PR often so I will probably be tempted to give it one last shot.Special Features:
- Delightful. Excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2012Delightful. Excellent food, interesting seasonings, presentations. One of the top spots to eat in Condado.Special Features:
- Best white bean soup sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/24/2012Best white bean soup since Marmalade, their sister restaurant.Special Features:
- The best restaurant that IOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2012The best restaurant that I went to during my recent trip to Puerto Rico. Everything was delicious and our waiter was great. I highly recommend the beer cheese, the talapia and the pumpkin dessert. Definitely a place to try if you are staying in the Condado area and want an excellent, romantic meal.Special Features:
- A good place for a good mealworldeaterDined on 12/20/2012A good place for a good meal in Condado, walking distance to several large hotels. It is a rum bar with interesting drinks.Special Features:
- Very good is my characterizationOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/18/2012Very good is my characterization of Jam. The building housing the restaurant is spectacular, parking is impossible. The restaurant layout might could be improved and our table seemed small but then perhaps that is trending in the industry. Our food was terrific and the waiter very helpful.Special Features:
- Try the white bean truffleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Try the white bean truffle soup! The restaurant is great and the drinks are delicious.Special Features:
- Started with great service.DeejayDined on 12/13/2012Started with great service. Appetizers were great. But main course of ribeye left me longing for flavor.Special Features:
- I must admit that I do notDbrown8302Dined on 12/11/2012I must admit that I do not like Puerto Rican food. The said, this bistro had good drinks, a good ambience and excellent service and reasonable prices in the otherwise overpriced Condado neighborhood.Special Features:
- The ceviche and Red SnapperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012The ceviche and Red Snapper were excellent. Good drinks. Dining room decor was pretty plain. Overall, if you are looking for a fancy place with an exciting atmosphere this may not be your spot. If you are looking for a relaxing meal and good fresh food this place fits the bill.
- Try their signature chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/30/2012Try their signature chicken broth based soup. I think it is better than the Marmalade famous white bean soup.
- Good Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012Good food. My wife picked one of the less-requested entrees and it was delicious.
- We were visiting San Juan,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2012We were visiting San Juan, PR for vacation and were trying out different restaurants every night to sample the local cuisine. I read that Jam was owned by the same people as Marmalade in Old San Juan and this was great since we already had a restaurant picked out for our night in Old San Juan. This was a great find!! We walked from our hotel (La Concha) to Jam, it was probably a ten minute walk. You can eat outside or inside, we chose inside since there wasn't anyone eating outside. We also went on a Monday night where all of the menu is 40-30% off! The only thing that we did not enjoy was that the tables for two were so close, if there were people sitting right next to you, you could hear their whole conversation.Special Features:
- The food was amazing. ByOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012The food was amazing. By far the best meal we had while in San Juan.Special Features:
- Delicious, eclectic menu...andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2012Delicious, eclectic menu...and the half-price Mondays are fantastic!
- Food was good, beef carpaccioOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2012Food was good, beef carpaccio was a standout. Although the restaurant was empty for a Thursday night. Service was mixed at best. If you are into trying lots of different rums, this is your place as their rum list was huge.
- Excellent againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2012Second visit in a week, didn't disappoint once again. The food is excellent, the service very professional and generally it is a great dining experience. Didn't quite have the "wow" factor as much as last time, but that is almost certainly just because it wasn't so novel.Special Features: