Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jaleo.com/
- Phone: 7026987950x
- Hours of Operation:
Paella Lunch: Daily I 12PM - 4PM
Dinner: Daily I 4PM - 12AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Culinary mastermind José Andrés & ThinkFoodGroup bring the authentic flavor of their award-winning Spanish tapas restaurant, Jaleo, to Las Vegas with a concept re-imagined to include the city's excitement. A perennial favorite in Washington DC, Jaleo restaurant was one of the country's first successful tapas restaurants, setting the standard for Spanish cuisine in the U.S. for almost two decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (158)good for groups (109)hot spot (89)special occasion (64)vibrant bar scene (45)notable wine list (40)romantic (27)late-night find (23)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014I highly recommend Jaleo. Very good paella, fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed with PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014I was very disappointed with their chicken and rabbit paella. The rice was hard and burndt. The chicken was tasty. It was also expensive. My clients and I were expecting much more from Chef Jose. I would not recommend it for paella but the tapas were good. The sangria was ok at best.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014A little bit loud, but other than that, everything was fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant experience was a once in a lifetime opportunity for my son and me. We both enjoy experimenting with food more than our spouses or friends so we love trying new things together. The small plates are inventive, delicious and unique. This is a wonderful place to get something unusual and try a variety of different items. Tasty craft cocktails compliment the menu. The server was very attentive and helpful, making sure a member of our party wasn't exposed to items she is allergic to. The prices definitely make this a special occasion place but it will be an occasion to remember!Special Features:
- Relying on name for fameFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We ate at Jaleo in Washington DC this past spring, and it was excellent, so we were looking forward to eating at Jaleo in LV. Service was excellent; noise was overbearing and you could barely hear the person next to you. The food was overly salted - the paella, the garlic shrimp, tuna cones, to the point where it was almost inedible. Incentive to purchase more drinks? The octopus and fennel apple salad were good. Allthough I rated food three stars, certain dishes fall closer to two stars.Special Features:
- Great tapas on the Strip!JlpolicyDined on 10/23/2014Loved the paella al dia and the serrano ham. Their prix fixe lunch is a good deal with all you get.Special Features:
- Good Experience11111MAVIPDined on 10/22/2014Really enjoyed the food. Tasty and unique. Frustrating at times to share your food but it is the tradition. Too noisy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Like a SpaniardbonmanVIPDined on 10/22/2014Been to Jaleo a few times for dinner... this is my first time for lunch. They have a lovely pre-fixe lunch menu for $26... this included gazpacho soup which was yummy, a refreshing salad, and an entree of paella. In addition, we ordered the calamari which was amazing.Special Features:
- New favouriteCalgarygirlDined on 10/18/2014Crazy amazing! Gin cocktails were to die for. Good was flavourful and each dish was uniquely perfect. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!foodforsoulDined on 10/17/2014This place rocks, not a quiet spot but good energy! The food was amazing, we ordered 6 items and shared. Lamb cooked perfectly! The sangria was pretty good but the dark stormy drink was really tasty. Finished with a nice cappuccino and wonderful flan. We will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommendScottyknickDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Excellent service! I would highly reccomend dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety and manageable portionsSwobroDined on 10/16/2014Great menu selection...all types of tapas to choose from. Excellent quality, taste and presentation. Decent wine list if a bit expensive but the Spanish Rose by the glass was phenomenal. Great for a late supper and nice way to end the day. Wait staff was very service oriented and friendly.Special Features:
- Delicious but not spicySfbaygalVIPDined on 10/16/2014Every dish was delicious, but a little mild. Five star service. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaleo - A Perfect NightLsharp03Dined on 10/15/2014My husband and I hit up Jaleo this past Wednesday night while in Vegas. We immediately loved the energy, the ambiance. Our waiter was spot-on with drink and food recommendations. Being a tapas place, settle in, order about 5 plates, and then hang on to a menu to order more. The shrimp in garlic was incredible, tiny chicken fritters (served in a shoe!) were to die for, and we finished with the cheese and fig jam. In addition to Olives, we now have a new must-do every time we are in Vegas. Paella!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasoregonwomanDined on 10/11/2014Overall we loved our food and we had great service. We had a nice table that had banquette seating. The only thing we did not enjoy was the noise level. It is fun to be in a vibrant restaurant, but the noise was at a headache inducing level and made you feel bothered instead of energized.Special Features:
- Good, but that's about it2FoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Went in expecting to be wowed. Unfortunately, the paella was tasteless, except for the overabundance of salt. The other tapas were good - iberico ham was flavorful, of course; the roasted red pepper and eggplant was nice; when the gambas finally arrived the garlic/tomato sauce was different and a good version; but, overall nothing stood out. Very extensive wine list, and a good bottle salvaged the evening. I said I would recommend above, because it wasn't a bad experience, and maybe it was just an off night. We won't be going back, however, as there are too many other dining options competing for our money when in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will try it againfgomezDined on 10/10/2014Service will need to be more promptly, waiter did not came by often. Level of noise was pretty high could not hear our own conversation due to booths are very closed to each others. Food was good and savoryi will go back to try more dishes to have a better comparison with other spaniards restaurants in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be creativeBCreativeDined on 10/9/2014Being a Tapas, the menu is extensive so be creative or even better throw caution to the wind and let your server choose your various plates you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal!foodieDined on 10/4/2014I would go back to Las Vegas just to eat at this restaurant. It was by far the best tapas restaurant I have been to. The red sangria was delicious! Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not comparable to DC, but still okCokerGuy29Dined on 10/3/2014I have been to the DC Jaleo and this one is ok but it can't compare to DC. Prices are higher, menu is smaller, and some of the dishes have been changed (potato chips for patatas bravas instead of fried potato pieces). Presentations were unique and interesting. It was very loud but we were there on a Friday night with several bachelor parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014This used to be my go to restaurant as a recommendation to others and as a personal favorite. This time the food was poor, service in attentive with attitude. Is this why the crowds are shrinking?
- I Love Tapas!Love4FoodDined on 9/30/2014This place was fabulous for Tapas. The selection of choices was phenomenal. We just started closing our eyed and picking our choices because we knew we couldn't go wrong with anything! I Can't wait to go back there on our next visit to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceTom189Dined on 9/28/2014Jaleo was a great place for our small group. The table was intimate. The food was great. The service was 5 star!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreBobbiedDined on 9/27/2014I've been looking forward to eating at one of Jose Andre's restaurant - finally did on Saturday, Sept 27th. I expected so much more than the food actually was. Nothing exceptional about any of the Tapas served. Don't get me wrong, the food was good but I expected a WOW! Which I didn't get. My husband and I enjoy eating at top restaurants so we know about food, Jaleo was disappointing. We've eaten better Spaniard Tapas in NYC.Special Features:
- Jaleo @ The CosmomonsterpdDined on 9/27/2014Great food & service. Jaleo delivers and definitely met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEmma263Dined on 9/27/2014Very good food and service. The best restaurant in Las VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL FOOD ADVENTUREOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014My hubby and I are not familiar with Spanish tapas, but wanted to try something new. SO happy that we chose Jaleo! It's located in the Cosmopolitan, red beaded decor and an open layout. The staff helped us pick out tasty choices, and we were delighted w/ the flavors!! I started with a cocktail, the Dark & Stormy made w/ rum ice cubes and ginger beer -SO GOOD. The Jamon Iberico, dry-cured ham from the free-range acorn-fed (only!) ibérico pigs of Spain- AWESOME. The shrimp Gambas al ajillo was GREAT. The Paella de pollo y setas silvestres (chicken and mushroom) was PERFECT. We weren’t sure how desserts would be, but my husband really liked the pan con chocolate. I had the flan with Catalan cream, and it was the BEST flan I have ever had.Special Features:
- hit and misspaullVIPDined on 9/26/2014some great dishes but very disappointed with the Paella. Big deal made of it and a big show with bells and parading it around the restaurant but it was not even close to authentic. Expected much more from Jose Andres. Seems like his focus is on other thingsSpecial Features:
- friends in townhomebrew48Dined on 9/23/2014this is a place to hang out with friends have a good couple of cocktails and tapas (bites) rather than wine and dinner, and of course the dessert and after dinner drinks make a difference. So definitely a place to go back "again" bring friends, keep that romantic date occasion for somewhere else with delicate food and a less casual ambience. This is an awesome familiar friend place to enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceBonfireandMosimoDined on 9/23/2014The food was fabulous... best of all were their signature gin and tonics. Our waiter Corinne was knowledgeable and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas to die for!!!drkimmieDined on 9/18/2014Best tapas I've ever eaten! The service was excellent and the food was outstanding! A definite repeat next time in Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Choice for Picky EatersDrkhorsesjDined on 9/18/2014Took the family here when we met in Vegas. Some folks only like Meat and Potatoes so it was good to see that they were willing to try new things and really enjoyed the 'new' foods. Loved having the choice of delicious food and someone else picking for usSpecial Features:
- Disappointingn2bspldVIPDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant has a lively environment, it is fun and a great people watching place. The server and staff were very attentive. The food was oily, overdone, and very disappointing. Although, I believe they are trying to be authentic, they have missed the mark. The best way I can explain it, is the food did not taste clean. The flavor did not mesh, most things tasted the same. Since we were in Spain this year, maybe our expectations were a little too high. I would sit at the bar next time, enjoy the atmosphere and skip the dinner.Special Features:
- great peoplechairmanDined on 9/17/2014they have a great bunch of people that care about people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Foodfun78Dined on 9/16/2014The quality of the food exceeded our expectations. We had six different dishes and one was better than the next. We also tried to of their specialty drinks, both were delicious and each had a fun and unique presentation. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgrtrxVIPDined on 9/15/2014I've been here many times and continue to enjoy each and every visit. Service this time was a little over eager but still knowledgeable and helpful. Wine list has some real gems, especially if you are willing to go a little deeper into Spanish wines. Older Spanish whites are very much a delight. Food as always was top notch... specials remain a great place to start... and you just have to try the jamon... happy pigs make happy ham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas EverJamieDined on 9/12/2014We were staying at the Cosmopolitan and went to Jaleo with no expectation. We were overwhelmed. The most amazing dining experience. Brilliant food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific end to our SW adventureAliDutiNYCDined on 9/12/20142 weeks on the road, traversing the Southwest and ending with an R&R in Vegas. We are huge fans of Jose Andres, and this meal was a treat after a long day of pool and rest. Paella was delicious, service was adequate, atmosphere inside the Cosmo is like most other Vegas eateries (read: mall-like). Try the Ferran Adria/Jose Andres "olives," and the pan de tomate is a must. Pricey but well worth it and the servers can get you on the road in time to hit an early show. FYI: If you want seating at the Chef's Table (e by Jose Andres) you need to work with the bookers well in advance. But that said, regular dining at Jaleo was very satisfying and a real treat - a highlight of the Vegas leg of our trip.Special Features:
- Always a hit!FoodloverVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great fun spot to eat. I always take time out when I'm in Vegas to come here. The sangria is delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its okayDailyDinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014Service was good, but food was kind of just okay. Flavorful for some dishes, kind of bland for others. Not terribly special, and restaurant so load you cannot hold a conversation. Overpriced for what you get.