Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jaleo.com/
- Phone: 7026987950x
- Hours of Operation:
Paella Lunch: Daily I 12PM - 4PM
Dinner: Daily I 4PM - 12AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Culinary mastermind José Andrés & ThinkFoodGroup bring the authentic flavor of their award-winning Spanish tapas restaurant, Jaleo, to Las Vegas with a concept re-imagined to include the city's excitement. A perennial favorite in Washington DC, Jaleo restaurant was one of the country's first successful tapas restaurants, setting the standard for Spanish cuisine in the U.S. for almost two decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (191)good for groups (118)hot spot (107)special occasion (81)vibrant bar scene (42)notable wine list (41)romantic (38)great for lunch (34)late-night find (31)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Jaleo does it againfoodhobbyistVIPDined on 8/30/2014Intro to tapas was at Jaleo in Washington D.C. It was great then and still is. Did the one in Arlington (Crystal City) VA also. No disappointment there either. Now the experience of wonderful tapas continues in Las Vegas at Vegas prices but worth it. Like tapas, Jose Andres and his staff are masters.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Food was very good, great dishes for sharing and tasting different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spanish Food We've Had in U.S.ReillysluckDined on 8/29/2014We ordered the tomate fresco, Escalivada catalana, and Jamón ibérico Fermín, to share. All were very good. I highly recommend the Escalivada which melts in the mouth with a wonderful mixture of flavor. The tomate fresco was nice but nothing special. I order the lunch special. the Gazpacho was creamy and unique-in a good way. The salad was refreshing, and the Paellas was amazing. It had so much flavor, great texture, and exemplified why Spaniards are so proud of this dish.Special Features:
- reviewVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch here. We tried the Restaurant Week menu and we had a great meal. The Gazpacho was outstanding. The salad was good, the paella was very tasty but I wished there was either seafood or sausage in it plus the rice was a little too toothy to my liking but flavor was great. The dessert was fabulous. Servers and staff were great. Overall we have found a new place to dine when in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- CandicaneDined on 8/26/2014Jaleo was superb. We love the DC location and we're not disappointed with Jaleo Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Great spot to discover in Vegas. The food and service was very good!Special Features:
- DisappointedSpainForRealDined on 8/25/2014I am from Spain and was really looking forward to Jaleo when we vacationed in Las Vegas. The server began to explain what a paella is. I told him I was from Spain so he did not need to explain. Annoyed, he responded that they were only offering vegetable paella. I have never heard of vegetable paella, as it is always served with some kind of protein. We ordered our tapas. The food was good, but the service was awful. Despite the restaurant being almost empty, our drinks were not delivered until our second plate was served. We were done with our last plate for 10 min before the waiterh showed up to take our plates and offer additional tapas. He didn't even offer coffee or dessert. Definitely not worth it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014It was a little loud but we were given a great table. The food was excellent. Our first server was extremely helpful and then went home so we got a second server that seemed less than pleased to be working. As a server and bartender for over 20 years, I was definitely soured by the second waitress however I would without a doubt go back.Special Features:
- Tapas elevated!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014Once you enjoyed the offerings at Jaleo, you will realize what you have been missing when eating what passes for tapas at your neighborhood restaurants. From the elegant presentations to the nuanced pairings of ingredients, this is a truly fine dining experience. If you have never had iberico ham, you simply must order it at Jaleo. It has a flavor and consistency that justifies its price ($60 or more per lb.). Jaleo is in The Cosmopolitan, so the crowd can be loud and boisterous. A midweek night might be best for those who would like to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Jaleo!bonmanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Yummy Spanish Tapas... everything was delicious! Went here for Restaurant Week and the courses kept coming and coming. All dishes were delish! The surrounding clientele were all beautiful people... Nice environment. Staff were very friendly and serviced us quickly.Special Features:
- Awesome Dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing. Our server had great knowledge of the menu items, but lacked great interpersonal skills. The rest of service was amazing and efficient. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:
- New to Spanish cuisine?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014My friend was - she fell in love with the absolutely amazingly delicious food that Jaleo served for Restaurant Week! She loves the ambiance and can't wait to return. The layers of flavors were outstanding in each dish!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Amazing food, great service and got to see chef Jose Andres at work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LauxorDined on 8/20/2014It was our second time eating at Jaleo and it was just as we remembered, great. We brought more people with us this time so we tried even more. Everyone was very pleased. Our server was fantastic and even noticed our vegetarian theme and adjusted a dish accordingly. We will definitely be eating here again when we return in February.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie in vegasBrn2eatVIPDined on 8/18/2014I go to vegas 4 times a year. I always try new restaurants on and off the strip. In my 20 years of going to vegas as you could imagine I have had many great meals. jaleo has now taken my number 1 spot of beat meals. Oh my I can't stop thinking about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meal!LadydiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a very pleasant dinner trying two of the 3 paellas and sharing appetizers with a friend. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Jaleo @Cosmopolitan Las Vegas- WoW2MukiesDined on 8/17/2014One of the few restos tried living up to and in some ways surpassing the associated hype. The food, which should be the raison d'être of any resto was incredible. The salmon tartar cones were amazing as were the mouthwatering sliders. We started by sharing a cheese plate & ham plate both excellent in value and taste. Coupled with a pitcher of white sangria things really rolled. Some of the more traditional tapes plates were very well done w/the chef's unique presentation style, but the recommended specialty ones are not to be missed. Different paellas are made at times and available on a first come first serve basis. So amazing twists and takes on Spanish food. Tasty beyond belief. Not inexpensive but well worth it if budget allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potato chipsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014We've eaten before at the Jaleo in DC and we were excited to give this outlet a try. The setting is very nice and the service great but the food overpriced. The server warned us about the patatas bravas but we honestly didn't think they would be so bad. They were literally Lays potato chips with the traditional brava sauce. I'm all for reinventing familiar food but this was too much (and came off as lazy). The rest of the food was hit and miss. Deserts were great. Final verdict, nice food but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Out of the ballparkLaRubiaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lunch of champions at Jaleo. Not cheap, but oh so good, and a fabulous break from the frenetic pace of Las Vegas. We started with perfect gin & tonics (how do they get those round ice cubes so clear?) and snacked on the pan con tomate (last-meal quality), anchovies, and olives two ways before splitting a lunch feast - salad, gazpacho and paella. I adore every incarnation of Jose's gazpacho, but this one is my favorite - tomato-y and creamy without having cream in it. I loved the chicken and mushroom paella with aioli - my only quibble is since they serve a smaller portion of a gigantic pan, you don't always get those lovely crunchy bits, but I managed anyway. Great service - can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very fun eveningLeonievSVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food, varting from very cool new dishes to great quality classics. Definitely try the Porron with cava, that will definitely lead to some laughs. Try the hams, the special olives and the gambas, the rest was awesome too but these were amazing. The desserts are great too, especially the flan!! Oh and the G&TS was awesome too. I really loved this place! It is quite pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food...DarlingJHDined on 8/9/2014Waiter was uninterested at best! Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Every course we ordered got better and better. Our waitress was amazing, had great wine recommendations, food choices, and was super cool. The food itself was delicate, flavorful, and perfectly executed. The paiaia and eggplant stood out. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ding ding ding! Paella!!!gastrointentionalDined on 8/8/2014This is a great place for tapas and paella. We ordered a lot of different menu items and they were all fantastic. The service was great with multiple servers watching over us even though it was a full restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedJanzaDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Jaleo in the past and enjoyed it. That was not the case on this occasion. The hostess stand staff had attitude and our waitress was condescending, rarely came by to check how we were doing, and when she finally stopped by and we told her we didn't like one of the items, she did nothing about it.... didn't offer any replacement or take it off our bill. Won't be going back to Jaleo.Special Features:
- Just PerfectRichDined on 8/2/2014Ate at Jaleo with friends on a Saturday night. From start to finish everything was tremendous. The menu can be quite daunting for a first timer but our server was very helpful. We asked her to recommend our menu and she said to "leave it to her." What followed, in perfectly timed presentations, was a great sampling of small plates and paella. Don't miss this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative & delicious Spanish tapasHfromVanDined on 8/2/2014I had a birthday dinner at Jaleo during my Vegas trip. 2 of us ordered 5 dishes, a bottle of wine, and dessert & coffee. The portion was small and a bit pricy. BUT I will come here again. Their food tasted super! Our server was very helpful and kind. Overall I love this place and strongly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great service, the sangria was fantastic. Our waitress Patricia was fabulous, she recommended 3-4 dishes per person, just right for dinner. Lamb chops were esp. good but need to order more than one serving(only get 3 small pieces)Special Features:
- Good food, but...2dineforDined on 7/27/2014The food had soul, but the service didn't. It felt like we were being rushed through the dinner, so the next tourists could take our spot. After advising our waitress of the fish allergy at the table, she went on to recommend some of the seafood items on the menu... hello? Were you listening? Portions were small but very tasty. Cheese plate was comical... two wafer thin slices of cheese for $10?? Enough for one bite each. Really? The rest of our plates were great. Loved the omelette, and the rabbit Paella was the highlight of the night.. The room is stunning with the giant wood-burning fire pit stealing the show. Go for a visit, but manage your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spanish Food ExperienceTravelingDiVIPDined on 7/27/2014Incredibly delicious tapas restaurant featuring a variety of choices. Absolutely one of my favorite Vegas dinner experiences. Energetic - especially when a paella is finished. Would go there again & again.Special Features:
- Absolute Best in Las Vegas!DenverDinersVIPDined on 7/27/2014Jaleo is hands down the BEST restaurant at which I've ever eaten in Las Vegas. Every dish burst with flavor. Tapas at its finest. And the staff was the best. They clearly love their jobs and are proud to be part of the Jaleo experience. Do not miss having at least one meal at Jaleo when you're in Las Vegas. To simplify, our favorites were the shrimp sautéed with garlic and the pork sliders were beyond describable. And my wife said the flan was the best she's ever eaten.Special Features:
- Great foodDavisVIPDined on 7/27/2014Jaleo had very imaginative food that was well prepared. It had a friendly atmosphere that is good for date or groups. Service was good up to the end. At the end, we were handed check and rushed out by someone who wasn't our waiter; We would have liked to order coffee or after dinner drinks. Overall, quite good but not perfect evening.Special Features:
- A great variety, once againCamesDined on 7/26/2014We had the serrano fermin, three cheeses, fried chicken croquettes(?? no idea what the Spanish is), lobster and apple/manchego salad and the fried egg with caviar. All good, especially my favorite the egg and caviar. The chicken presentation in the shoe is off-putting and a little too cute almost to the point of not ordering it due to the serving container. Tried the white sangria, and prefer the red, both for flavor, and again the serving container. A full carafe of the sangria came in a large open mouth jar with a ladle, much more challenging than pouring from a decanter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaleo Honeymoon Lunch2ChefsinloveDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Jaleo, as culinarians we wanted to taste some of the recipes we tried to make in culinary school. We ordered the Pan de cristal con tomate fresco-Half a loaf of toasted, uniquely crispy and ethereal bread brushed with fresh tomato, (My favorite dish) Ensalada Verde-Bibb lettuce with tomatoes, red onions, olives and Sherry dressing, Beet and tomato gazpacho with goat cheese, Paella del día-pollo y setas silvestres -paella of chicken and chef-selected mushrooms over an open-fire, wood-burning grill, Charcuterie platter with Selección de embutidos-A selection of all cured ibérico meats and we added Hand-carved Ibérico De Bellota and Sangria for 2. Truly a great experience.Special Features:
- Worth Going!mikeshDined on 7/24/2014This was our 2nd time here- with high expectations since our 1st visit was so spectacular. Everything was excellent except the paella this time... very disappointing to have over-cooked chicken.... though rest of the dish was excellent flavor and taste. The chef had a bad start to the evening I guess. That will not stop us from going back again and again. The Spanish cured meats & cheeses are great.... the best octopus we've ever had as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeDmanDined on 7/23/2014Overall our lunch was great, we will be back, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Tapas TapasHEATHERVIPDined on 7/21/2014I had high expectations of this place & luckily was met with great food & ambience. We were most looking forward to the paella but were disappointed of only having one choice HOWEVER, when we got it, we changed our tune. Although it had no seafood, it was still packed with flavour. Our favorites of the night were the chicken croquettes - we could have EACH had a basket to ourselves. The other stand out was the Rossejat negra con cigala - Fried pasta, squid ink, fresh squid, Norwegian lobster and aliol. It was unlike anything any of us had before and we also couldn't stop eating it. It turns out what we didn't know what to expect turned out to be the winners. Pricey but we really want to go back and try more.Special Features:
- Great food but bad serviceJoseAndresFanDined on 7/20/2014While the food was great, the service provided almost spoiled the experience. We had to ask three times to be served the wine we ordered, our pitcher of Sangria arrived with no glasses. Our waiter didn't serve our food and never asked how our meal was or if we needed anything. She never mentioned the specials before we ordered even though there was a roasted pig not on the menu (which she told us about when she delivered our check). We also almost had to beg for them to take away our empty plates. Overall, the food is great but if you're going to spend so much on a dinner you expect to have great service to complement it. Unfortunately we left Jaleo underwhelmed and won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing everythingmangoDined on 7/20/2014We ordered a paella along with our drinks knowing it could take up to 45 minutes. The server forgot about putting the order in and they sold out of the paella we ordered. He blamed it on a miscommunication. The food was only so so. The garlic soup was overly salty with no other flavor (which the server also forgot and brought out a unordered gazpacho first). The paella was cold and mediocre, maybe the jamon would have better than the chicken, but I will never know. The server didn't warn us of the small portions. If we would have known, we would have ordered 2 of everything to start for our group of 5. After a few disappointing dishes we stopped ordering and left for a second dinner not at Jaleo.
- Great food and servicejbcltncVIPDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I thought the menu selection was really well designed and offered choices that fit. our different tastes. Our server Paul was very helpful and attentive, clear and insightful about the dishes and was very casual yet professional in his approach. All around a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingJoePDined on 7/19/2014Way overpriced for what you get. Have been to far better Spanish restaurants for much less cost. Food was average at best.