Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jaleo.com/
- Phone: (702) 698-7950
- Hours of Operation:
Paella Lunch: Daily I 12PM - 4PM
Dinner: Daily I 4PM - 12AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Culinary mastermind José Andrés & ThinkFoodGroup bring the authentic flavor of their award-winning Spanish tapas restaurant, Jaleo, to Las Vegas with a concept re-imagined to include the city's excitement. A perennial favorite in Washington DC, Jaleo restaurant was one of the country's first successful tapas restaurants, setting the standard for Spanish cuisine in the U.S. for almost two decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (161)good for groups (115)hot spot (90)special occasion (61)vibrant bar scene (54)notable wine list (38)late-night find (24)great for lunch (20)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good findadrieDined on 11/21/2014Delicious tapas. Will definitely be back. The cocktail list had a variety. The food menu had a good variety. The paella choices were limited to two for night. Would have been nice to have all the opt Tons listed on the menu available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatStrowbDined on 11/21/2014Our dinner at Jaleo was simply fantastic. Being new to Spanish cuisine, our waitress was more then helpful. Such a delightful evening and experience of food we wouldn't normally acquire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salud Jaleo!OinkerVIPDined on 11/20/2014We usually come here for dinner but thus time, we decided on trying their lunch menu. Our server, Jason, was personable, knowledgeable and efficient. He provided superb ingredient and flavor descriptions of our cocktails (Con Membrillo and an Estrella Lager) and the lunch menu. The lunch menu is not as diverse as dinner. But, if you're looking for a great tasting and satisfying 3-course (gazpacho, tossed greens and/or paella de día lunch or bocadillo de día) for $26 then you'll find it here! Of course, you should get a tapas plate of Jamon Iberico (ham from the famed black-footed Iberico pigs) that flavorfully melts on your palate to begin your tastebuds journey to Spain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014For all the hype, our dishes were really hit or miss. The endives were amazing, but the patatas bravas are literally a bag of potato chips dumped on a plate and drizzled with some aioli and a blandish tomato sauce. Also they clang a cowbell every so often. The restaurant is trying really hard to be hip and wild but it just ends up being kind of mediocre and annoying.Special Features:
- Follow your TastesfishyakDined on 11/14/2014Tapas style eating allows one to try different things that are outside your typical dining experience. Our group enjoyed the paella and the cheeses especially. Also, be sure to check out the drink menu. Yes, the gin and tonics are expensive, but they are really good, too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Too noisy, too expensive and not that good. Service was OK but not as advertised. There are so many other Restaurant options, suggest you try them.
- Sophisticated DiningBerkeleyDined on 11/13/2014Great variety of small plates. Blend of flavors seemed to burst open individually on the palate. Iberico hams and sausages are to savor, as are gazpacho, red peppers stuffed with melted goat cheese. Had a Tempranillo which paired well with the range of tapas we ordered. Young seemingly committed staff. Energetic ambience. A great evening. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time!OpentableuserDined on 11/12/2014After debating a while we decided to check out Jaleo - we were glad we did! The atmosphere was great, had an upscale yet approachable feeling to it. Everyone was talking and having a good time around us, the seats were comfortable and the room had a great vibe. It was busy without feeling crowded. Our server was friendly and informative, and had great recommendations for dishes to try. We ordered several items off the menu, the sea urchin, chorizo, mushroom salad and a few others. They were all delicious! If you're looking for something a bit different from your day-to-day, you should check this place out. Can't recommend it enough, we enjoyed our time here and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations poor resultsTrujilloDined on 11/12/2014We went to eat at Jaleo's with high expectations for a memorable experience, but after a $165 + for my wife and I and were bitterly disappointed. My wife ordered Gambas al ajillo, and ordered vieiras con salsa roja we also ordered spinach and cauliflower. The vieiras (scallops) come and must say they were good, but salsa roja was paprika hot which killed the delicate taste of the scallops, it was way after I finished the scallops that my wife's gambas come which were to hot for our taste. The cauliflower was good, but the spinach were salty. Then I made the mistake of ordering the presa Iberica which at 50 bucks for a few slices was a disaster, for starters it was very salty, usually this piece of meat of supposed to be tender, but it wad tough ad leather my wife took a small and she left half of it in the plate I tried to force down after all I was about to pay 50 bucks for it, but after eating 3 slices couldn't eat any more, and to make things worse they did not put bread on the table something unheard of in a Spanish restaurant.
- Great experience!YellowknifegirlsDined on 11/9/2014What a great place to experience new tastes. We left the choice of plates up to our server and were delighted with his choices. Excellent service, delicious food and a total fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding tapas-server-ambianceTaraVIPDined on 11/9/2014We had a great evening at Jaleo -Chase, our server was warm, kind and very professional - Every dish and wine was delicious - Would absolutely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATVegasLocalDined on 11/8/2014The food here is delicious. Its a fun environment, not great for a romantic meal. More for fun night out but definitely a menu that is interesting enough to engage a real foodie and most everything is delicious.Special Features:
- A real culinary experienceCheeseSoup3Dined on 11/8/2014What a wonderful experience we had at Jaleo. The service was great, they acknowledged our needs for our gluten free diet. The server made some great suggestions for us. Everything was amazing - from the jamon serrano to the paella. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Concept great, food underwhelming!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014The service, the venue and the tapas concept were all great, but the food just didn't live up to expectations...Special Features:
- Great experience!luv2exploreDined on 11/7/2014We were seated in a private room with a circular table and a lazy susan. It was a ideal set up for sharing the tapas. Though the place was bustling with activity we had privacy in our private room. The service was excellent and the food was great. Though our group was vegetarian we had enough choices .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentgourmandrewVIPDined on 11/7/2014If you've been to Jaleo in DC, you know what to expect - get the tomato bread and the Spanish meats. The paella is over-rated, but if you stick with the basics, you'll be in good shape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Spanish fareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014After enjoying afternoon cocktails and the shared lunch course at Jaleo, my Mom and I decided to try their dinner menu as we are long time fans of Spanish food having lived in Spain for three years. The tapas food did not disappoint and we were transported back to many of the fine cuisine we enjoyed during our time spent in Spain. I would highly recommend their signature Hendricks Gin and Tonic for they give it a special twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentTracyVisionVIPDined on 10/31/2014We were so looking forward to trying Jaleo based on the great reviews. The atmosphere is fine, and the service was okay. But holy smoked pork the food was a big disappointment. It was our first visit so we went with the waiter's recommendations. The pan de crystal con tomato fresco (tomato bread) was hardly "uniquely crispy" or "ethereal". It was boring toasted bread with some tomato purée. The gambas al ajillo, the "very, very famous tapa of shrimp sautéed with garlic" was greasy and the salmon with cauliflower and raspberries was a snooze. The mini pork sliders were ok once we took off the practically raw Iberico bacon. We couldn't get out of there fast enough and ended up having pizza next door at Secret Pizza, which saved the night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014Fun good food. Excellent service. Generous tapas portions. Many choices on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would definitely come back!GNOeatsDined on 10/29/2014Came in for a dinner during a girls trip and I would highly recommend Jaleo to others! I knew I liked tapas, but can be overwhelming to read all the descriptions and our waitress was quite helpful in providing recommendations for our group of 4. And not to forget mentioning, they have amazing sparkling sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for foodies visiting VegasmeloniegDined on 10/28/2014Jaleo has an open fire pit in the middle of the restaurant. If you are into charcuterie, Spanish tapas, and paella you cannot miss experiencing this Las Vegas gem in the Cosmopolitan. This place has a great bar and open dining area that has the charm of something hip and European. The food is absolutely delicious and the menu is always changing making it the perfect food adventure stop. It is great for a romantic night or entertaining business groups. The craft cocktails and bar list is as divine as the food. They cork wine. There's a hidden room in the back for private supper club dining.Special Features:
- Great fun food, served in a shoeweezy335VIPDined on 10/28/2014Jaleo is a super fun and outstandingly delicious place for tapas, especially with a group. The staff was very nice about us running 20 minutes late for our reservation, too. The menu is overwhelmingly extensive, and every one of the dishes was true to Spanish cuisine, elegant and tasty. One dish, the chicken fritters, are served in a (Spanish-designed) Camper men's shoe... even though the waitstaff promised that the mismatched shoes weren't previously worn, it's still kind of gross. Be prepared to pay $20 for one of their signature gin & tonics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!GazelleDined on 10/27/2014I highly recommend Jaleo. Very good paella, fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed with PaellamehsDined on 10/26/2014I was very disappointed with their chicken and rabbit paella. The rice was hard and burndt. The chicken was tasty. It was also expensive. My clients and I were expecting much more from Chef Jose. I would not recommend it for paella but the tapas were good. The sangria was ok at best.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014A little bit loud, but other than that, everything was fantastic.Special Features:
- Fab eve out - lotsa plates!BoobiBooVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great restaurant in a sea of great restaurants. Authentic fare served in energetic environment. Great for groups -- get lots of plates and share.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperiencePattyrheeDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant experience was a once in a lifetime opportunity for my son and me. We both enjoy experimenting with food more than our spouses or friends so we love trying new things together. The small plates are inventive, delicious and unique. This is a wonderful place to get something unusual and try a variety of different items. Tasty craft cocktails compliment the menu. The server was very attentive and helpful, making sure a member of our party wasn't exposed to items she is allergic to. The prices definitely make this a special occasion place but it will be an occasion to remember!Special Features:
- Relying on name for fameFoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We ate at Jaleo in Washington DC this past spring, and it was excellent, so we were looking forward to eating at Jaleo in LV. Service was excellent; noise was overbearing and you could barely hear the person next to you. The food was overly salted - the paella, the garlic shrimp, tuna cones, to the point where it was almost inedible. Incentive to purchase more drinks? The octopus and fennel apple salad were good. Allthough I rated food three stars, certain dishes fall closer to two stars.Special Features:
- Great Place for Groups!MMGLADined on 10/24/2014Came here for a bite to eat before heading over to see Britney perform at Planet Hollywood. They have a large selection of tapas and our waitress was very helpful by pointing us in the right direction on dishes to choose. As we were dining early and before a show we didn't want to have too much food, we ordered around 8 dishes (they recommend 3-4 per person) the amount we ordered was perfect for a small bite but we would have ordered more if we were eating later. My favorite was the Camarones Cadiz con Huevo Frito, so delicious. The portions are made to share which made it great for a group. Wish we had come with more people so that we could try even more dishes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas on the Strip!JlpolicyDined on 10/23/2014Loved the paella al dia and the serrano ham. Their prix fixe lunch is a good deal with all you get.Special Features:
- Good Experience11111MAVIPDined on 10/22/2014Really enjoyed the food. Tasty and unique. Frustrating at times to share your food but it is the tradition. Too noisy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Like a SpaniardbonmanVIPDined on 10/22/2014Been to Jaleo a few times for dinner... this is my first time for lunch. They have a lovely pre-fixe lunch menu for $26... this included gazpacho soup which was yummy, a refreshing salad, and an entree of paella. In addition, we ordered the calamari which was amazing.Special Features:
- New favouriteCalgarygirlDined on 10/18/2014Crazy amazing! Gin cocktails were to die for. Good was flavourful and each dish was uniquely perfect. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!foodforsoulDined on 10/17/2014This place rocks, not a quiet spot but good energy! The food was amazing, we ordered 6 items and shared. Lamb cooked perfectly! The sangria was pretty good but the dark stormy drink was really tasty. Finished with a nice cappuccino and wonderful flan. We will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommendScottyknickDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Excellent service! I would highly reccomend dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety and manageable portionsSwobroDined on 10/16/2014Great menu selection...all types of tapas to choose from. Excellent quality, taste and presentation. Decent wine list if a bit expensive but the Spanish Rose by the glass was phenomenal. Great for a late supper and nice way to end the day. Wait staff was very service oriented and friendly.Special Features:
- Delicious but not spicySfbaygalVIPDined on 10/16/2014Every dish was delicious, but a little mild. Five star service. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaleo - A Perfect NightLsharp03Dined on 10/15/2014My husband and I hit up Jaleo this past Wednesday night while in Vegas. We immediately loved the energy, the ambiance. Our waiter was spot-on with drink and food recommendations. Being a tapas place, settle in, order about 5 plates, and then hang on to a menu to order more. The shrimp in garlic was incredible, tiny chicken fritters (served in a shoe!) were to die for, and we finished with the cheese and fig jam. In addition to Olives, we now have a new must-do every time we are in Vegas. Paella!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasoregonwomanDined on 10/11/2014Overall we loved our food and we had great service. We had a nice table that had banquette seating. The only thing we did not enjoy was the noise level. It is fun to be in a vibrant restaurant, but the noise was at a headache inducing level and made you feel bothered instead of energized.Special Features:
- Good, but that's about it2FoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Went in expecting to be wowed. Unfortunately, the paella was tasteless, except for the overabundance of salt. The other tapas were good - iberico ham was flavorful, of course; the roasted red pepper and eggplant was nice; when the gambas finally arrived the garlic/tomato sauce was different and a good version; but, overall nothing stood out. Very extensive wine list, and a good bottle salvaged the evening. I said I would recommend above, because it wasn't a bad experience, and maybe it was just an off night. We won't be going back, however, as there are too many other dining options competing for our money when in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.