Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jaleo.com/
- Phone: 7026987950x
- Hours of Operation:
Paella Lunch: Daily I 12PM - 4PM
Dinner: Daily I 4PM - 12AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Culinary mastermind José Andrés & ThinkFoodGroup bring the authentic flavor of their award-winning Spanish tapas restaurant, Jaleo, to Las Vegas with a concept re-imagined to include the city's excitement. A perennial favorite in Washington DC, Jaleo restaurant was one of the country's first successful tapas restaurants, setting the standard for Spanish cuisine in the U.S. for almost two decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Jaleo - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (181)good for groups (115)hot spot (101)special occasion (71)vibrant bar scene (44)notable wine list (38)romantic (36)great for lunch (31)late-night find (31)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best Tapas EverJamieDined on 9/12/2014We were staying at the Cosmopolitan and went to Jaleo with no expectation. We were overwhelmed. The most amazing dining experience. Brilliant food and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!FoodloverVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great fun spot to eat. I always take time out when I'm in Vegas to come here. The sangria is delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its okayDailyDinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014Service was good, but food was kind of just okay. Flavorful for some dishes, kind of bland for others. Not terribly special, and restaurant so load you cannot hold a conversation. Overpriced for what you get.
- Great Tapas BarLiteappetiteDined on 9/7/2014Upscale Tapas Bar. Food was flavorful and perfect for the light appetite. The white Sangria was delicious. If you are looking for a huge plate of food, go somewhere else. Service was great! Would go again next time in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun eveningZogbotDined on 9/5/2014Quite a variety of food to choose from. Pay attention to your server and don't get overwhelmed by the menu. Most people don't have a clue as to what the menu is about. Go with some suggestions from your server and then expand from there. Lots of really good and unusual foods. Be ready to eat foods you have never had. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Find!JemmyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Was not sure what to expect but we love Paella so we went for the Paella lunch! Wow! The food was amazing - we sat by the tapas prep station and saw the exquisite selections that were prepared with such professional care. The paella was PERFECT and we can't wait to go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodVIPDined on 9/2/2014Went for the Paellas but told they didn't have any :-( Food was Very good to outstanding and the Red Sangria and flan were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and comfortableBloominglovelyDined on 9/1/2014Enjoyed our meal All food very tasty, service excellent. Cost fairly high as dishes are small $150 + for two with very little alcohol is a little steep considering casual setting.Special Features:
- Poor service at bestFOODIEDined on 8/31/2014Wouldn't recommend the restaurant to anyone that is looking for a "true" dining experience. The service is poor at best and besides the first three tapas the time it takes to get your food is forever. During the 90min dining experience we must have seen our server for 5min top and that included dropping of the check. Had some sangria that needed extra ice thankfully we had "leftover" ice in the drink from our oldest son. Requested Dessert menu and waited 15min!!!! to get one, only then because we had asked over and over again. Expected better considering the prices that are being charged. Management walked the dining room but never once stopped by the table to inquire about our experience.
- Tasty TapasWant2eateverythingDined on 8/31/2014Jaleo was from start to finish a fantastic meal. It is a must try for anyone who appreciates fine quality, delicious food and a beautiful and fun presentation. I can not wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaleo does it againfoodhobbyistVIPDined on 8/30/2014Intro to tapas was at Jaleo in Washington D.C. It was great then and still is. Did the one in Arlington (Crystal City) VA also. No disappointment there either. Now the experience of wonderful tapas continues in Las Vegas at Vegas prices but worth it. Like tapas, Jose Andres and his staff are masters.Special Features:
- Restored my faith in tapas!SonicVIPDined on 8/30/2014Been to Spain, and never liked the food. Thought to try Jaleo for a "second opinion". We asked our server what she'd recommend, and she gave us a list of the most popular and some of her favorites. With each suggestion she described the preparation and the ingredients. We went with 6 of her suggestions. The best bite was the pan de cristal con tomate, which she told us that the bread was flown in from Spain, actually each dish was excellent and we really enjoyed our Spanish tapas experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SirDineALotDined on 8/29/2014Food was very good, great dishes for sharing and tasting different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Spanish Food We've Had in U.S.ReillysluckDined on 8/29/2014We ordered the tomate fresco, Escalivada catalana, and Jamón ibérico Fermín, to share. All were very good. I highly recommend the Escalivada which melts in the mouth with a wonderful mixture of flavor. The tomate fresco was nice but nothing special. I order the lunch special. the Gazpacho was creamy and unique-in a good way. The salad was refreshing, and the Paellas was amazing. It had so much flavor, great texture, and exemplified why Spaniards are so proud of this dish.Special Features:
- reviewVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch here. We tried the Restaurant Week menu and we had a great meal. The Gazpacho was outstanding. The salad was good, the paella was very tasty but I wished there was either seafood or sausage in it plus the rice was a little too toothy to my liking but flavor was great. The dessert was fabulous. Servers and staff were great. Overall we have found a new place to dine when in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- CandicaneDined on 8/26/2014Jaleo was superb. We love the DC location and we're not disappointed with Jaleo Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Great spot to discover in Vegas. The food and service was very good!Special Features:
- DisappointedSpainForRealDined on 8/25/2014I am from Spain and was really looking forward to Jaleo when we vacationed in Las Vegas. The server began to explain what a paella is. I told him I was from Spain so he did not need to explain. Annoyed, he responded that they were only offering vegetable paella. I have never heard of vegetable paella, as it is always served with some kind of protein. We ordered our tapas. The food was good, but the service was awful. Despite the restaurant being almost empty, our drinks were not delivered until our second plate was served. We were done with our last plate for 10 min before the waiterh showed up to take our plates and offer additional tapas. He didn't even offer coffee or dessert. Definitely not worth it.
- Great Tapasjohn1200Dined on 8/24/2014This nice restaurant at The Cosmopolitan is the closest you get to Spain in Las Vegas, thanks to Spanish chef Jose Andres; there you'll find a strong variety of tapas, surely enough to satisfy most tastes. We started with jamon Ibérico and scallops, then proceeded to 'huevos fritos con caviar' (superb!!) and the delicious 'Rossejat', a paella style toasted pasta, finishing with 'bunuelos de bacalao'. So much food for too, but we still had goat's cheese with fig jam as dessert. Ambiance and service are good, not great, but it's a playground for flavors, after all, and it definitely worths the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014It was a little loud but we were given a great table. The food was excellent. Our first server was extremely helpful and then went home so we got a second server that seemed less than pleased to be working. As a server and bartender for over 20 years, I was definitely soured by the second waitress however I would without a doubt go back.Special Features:
- Tapas elevated!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014Once you enjoyed the offerings at Jaleo, you will realize what you have been missing when eating what passes for tapas at your neighborhood restaurants. From the elegant presentations to the nuanced pairings of ingredients, this is a truly fine dining experience. If you have never had iberico ham, you simply must order it at Jaleo. It has a flavor and consistency that justifies its price ($60 or more per lb.). Jaleo is in The Cosmopolitan, so the crowd can be loud and boisterous. A midweek night might be best for those who would like to have a conversation without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Jaleo!bonmanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Yummy Spanish Tapas... everything was delicious! Went here for Restaurant Week and the courses kept coming and coming. All dishes were delish! The surrounding clientele were all beautiful people... Nice environment. Staff were very friendly and serviced us quickly.Special Features:
- Awesome Dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing. Our server had great knowledge of the menu items, but lacked great interpersonal skills. The rest of service was amazing and efficient. Can't wait to go back next time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:
- South Beach Vibe & LoudvegasgaysDined on 8/23/2014The energy at Jaleo has a very South Beach feel. The main dining area is very loud so be prepared to yell at your dining mates and servers. The food was creative, flavorful and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to Spanish cuisine?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014My friend was - she fell in love with the absolutely amazingly delicious food that Jaleo served for Restaurant Week! She loves the ambiance and can't wait to return. The layers of flavors were outstanding in each dish!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Amazing food, great service and got to see chef Jose Andres at work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LauxorDined on 8/20/2014It was our second time eating at Jaleo and it was just as we remembered, great. We brought more people with us this time so we tried even more. Everyone was very pleased. Our server was fantastic and even noticed our vegetarian theme and adjusted a dish accordingly. We will definitely be eating here again when we return in February.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie in vegasBrn2eatVIPDined on 8/18/2014I go to vegas 4 times a year. I always try new restaurants on and off the strip. In my 20 years of going to vegas as you could imagine I have had many great meals. jaleo has now taken my number 1 spot of beat meals. Oh my I can't stop thinking about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meal!LadydiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a very pleasant dinner trying two of the 3 paellas and sharing appetizers with a friend. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Jaleo @Cosmopolitan Las Vegas- WoW2MukiesDined on 8/17/2014One of the few restos tried living up to and in some ways surpassing the associated hype. The food, which should be the raison d'être of any resto was incredible. The salmon tartar cones were amazing as were the mouthwatering sliders. We started by sharing a cheese plate & ham plate both excellent in value and taste. Coupled with a pitcher of white sangria things really rolled. Some of the more traditional tapes plates were very well done w/the chef's unique presentation style, but the recommended specialty ones are not to be missed. Different paellas are made at times and available on a first come first serve basis. So amazing twists and takes on Spanish food. Tasty beyond belief. Not inexpensive but well worth it if budget allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potato chipsPotatoChipsReallyDined on 8/16/2014We've eaten before at the Jaleo in DC and we were excited to give this outlet a try. The setting is very nice and the service great but the food overpriced. The server warned us about the patatas bravas but we honestly didn't think they would be so bad. They were literally Lays potato chips with the traditional brava sauce. I'm all for reinventing familiar food but this was too much (and came off as lazy). The rest of the food was hit and miss. Deserts were great. Final verdict, nice food but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Out of the ballparkLaRubiaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lunch of champions at Jaleo. Not cheap, but oh so good, and a fabulous break from the frenetic pace of Las Vegas. We started with perfect gin & tonics (how do they get those round ice cubes so clear?) and snacked on the pan con tomate (last-meal quality), anchovies, and olives two ways before splitting a lunch feast - salad, gazpacho and paella. I adore every incarnation of Jose's gazpacho, but this one is my favorite - tomato-y and creamy without having cream in it. I loved the chicken and mushroom paella with aioli - my only quibble is since they serve a smaller portion of a gigantic pan, you don't always get those lovely crunchy bits, but I managed anyway. Great service - can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very fun eveningLeonievSVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great food, varting from very cool new dishes to great quality classics. Definitely try the Porron with cava, that will definitely lead to some laughs. Try the hams, the special olives and the gambas, the rest was awesome too but these were amazing. The desserts are great too, especially the flan!! Oh and the G&TS was awesome too. I really loved this place! It is quite pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food...DarlingJHDined on 8/9/2014Waiter was uninterested at best! Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Every course we ordered got better and better. Our waitress was amazing, had great wine recommendations, food choices, and was super cool. The food itself was delicate, flavorful, and perfectly executed. The paiaia and eggplant stood out. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ding ding ding! Paella!!!gastrointentionalDined on 8/8/2014This is a great place for tapas and paella. We ordered a lot of different menu items and they were all fantastic. The service was great with multiple servers watching over us even though it was a full restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedJanzaDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Jaleo in the past and enjoyed it. That was not the case on this occasion. The hostess stand staff had attitude and our waitress was condescending, rarely came by to check how we were doing, and when she finally stopped by and we told her we didn't like one of the items, she did nothing about it.... didn't offer any replacement or take it off our bill. Won't be going back to Jaleo.Special Features:
- Just PerfectRichDined on 8/2/2014Ate at Jaleo with friends on a Saturday night. From start to finish everything was tremendous. The menu can be quite daunting for a first timer but our server was very helpful. We asked her to recommend our menu and she said to "leave it to her." What followed, in perfectly timed presentations, was a great sampling of small plates and paella. Don't miss this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative & delicious Spanish tapasHfromVanDined on 8/2/2014I had a birthday dinner at Jaleo during my Vegas trip. 2 of us ordered 5 dishes, a bottle of wine, and dessert & coffee. The portion was small and a bit pricy. BUT I will come here again. Their food tasted super! Our server was very helpful and kind. Overall I love this place and strongly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great service, the sangria was fantastic. Our waitress Patricia was fabulous, she recommended 3-4 dishes per person, just right for dinner. Lamb chops were esp. good but need to order more than one serving(only get 3 small pieces)Special Features: