960 Main Street
Walpole, MA 02081Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jalapenosweb.com/
- Phone: 5086602860
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm Bar is open till 1:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will bring the fiesta to you
- Private Party Facilities: Semi Private room from 20 to 60 ppl
- Private Party Contact: Ricardo Dorronsoro 5086602860
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons every Thursday Night
- Special Events: Salsa Lessons every Thursday Night
A word from Jalapeno's Grill
Authentic Mexican Cuisine with eat-in restaurant, margarita and tequila bar and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jalapeno's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- pookieDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times and the food is always reliably good. Unfortunately this last time the food wasn't hot and one member of our party had to have his meal sent back to heat up. Hopefully it is just a time slip up.Special Features:
- Wonderful MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Jalepenos is an excellent Mexican restaurant. The fresh made salsa and tortilla chips are superb. Wide selection of authentic dishes and a large drink menu. Fajitas with chicken and shrimp were delicious. Service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughLMF1VIPDined on 8/1/2014My friends and I were looking for a good, authentic Mexican spot in between Rhode Island and Boston (a meet in the middle type of ordeal). We hit the nail on the jackpot finding Jalenpenos. From being asked where we wanted to sit (no restaurant EVER does that) to our waitress refilling our chips & salsa without even asking to the delicious meal all 6 of us had, there truly isn't anything negative I can say about this place. I will highly reccommend it to anyone in the future and am already looking forward to my next vist. Thank you Jalepenos!!Special Features:
- Third time was NOT the charmktclarkVIPDined on 7/17/2014Been here b4. First was good, last was ok so we decided to give it another try. Arrived to an empty restaurant. Waitress may have been handling the entire dining rm; took forever to get drinks and when our apps arrived the guac was good but our queso fundido was a congealed mess w cheese and oil separated. Tried to dish it up and it was one giant ball of oily cheese. I know what queso is supposed to be and the menu even said "...creamy cheese..." Waitress said, "...you must of misunderstood the description." Didn't offer to take it back or even give us a new one. Entrees were ok. Mango salmon was dry and the mango salsa very mushy. The margaritas were just ok. All in all, a disappointment. This should be a n'hood gem given it's location.
- A Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/20144 of us went to Jalapeno's Saturday night and sat in the bar area for the first time, usually we sit in the restaurant part. The waitress was one of the best we've ever had anywhere, friendly, chatty, knowledgeable, the margarita's were excellent, as was the food. We've been there many times, and will continue to do so, it was all around outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...goingoutDined on 6/7/2014Been here twice now and both times food was excellent (all meats were cooked perfectly even a nice thick NY Sirloin was medium and flavorful!) but the staff is a little off. They're not overly thrilled to be there, when you ask a question they don't really answer it, example: "whats the difference between these two sauces? Ones red and the other is green." Yeah, the menu says that but??? And no, the red is not hotter, the green is. If that's not an issue for you then go - food is authentic and very good. Also - Bar side is very loud for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Jalapeno's Grill reviews archive.
- great overall MexicanKristiVIPDined on 5/2/2014We were almost ready to settle for one of those MANY chains in the area. This is a great find in the boondocks! What luck to find a decent place to eat way out in Walpole - and GOOD Mexican and great Margaritas no less! We will be back on our next pass through ----Special Features:
- Always good food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2014Always good food and great margaritas. The waitress forgot to bring our appetizers, but took 5%off our bill for her error. Not bad I suppose.
- Great ServiceJoshDined on 4/12/2014Our server was excellent. The food was outstanding! Thank you!!Special Features:
- strange seating choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014I know we could have asked to be moved but thought it was strange a couple in there mid 50s were seated next to a group of 10 that had 6 children under 8...restaurant not crowded... food always good though. Obviously did not bother us enough to move but since restaurant wasn't even at 50% capacity seemed strangeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable ServiceJoshDined on 3/21/2014We have eaten at Jalapenos many times and have always had a great experience. The service we had Friday night waspoorl. Our server did not write down our orders and had to come back several times to confirm, in which we had to correct her. We had ordered Tostadas de Jaiba but received Tinga Tostadas. When I was halfway though my delicious Chipolet margarita our server asked if I wanted another drink. I said yes, and she took my margarita away with it still being 1/2 full. By the time I realized what she did it was gone. My wife had wanted to take the rest of her shrimp tacos home, our server she said would box it up but instead threw it out. Unacceptable service!!!!Special Features:
- Great Mexican in Walpole!Bob64Dined on 2/6/2014Who would have thought that there would be terrific and authentic Mexican (not just "Tex-Mex" but the real thing) in Walpole?! Food is delicious and menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fresh mexican foodJDHueyDined on 2/1/2014They do the traditional dishes better than the tex-mex staples but for what you get, it's good, tasty and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Mexican RestaurantTheRFamilyDined on 12/24/2013What a great find! Was in Boston for one night and was looking for a resto that was open on Christmas Eve. We found Jalapeno's online and decided to give it a go. Although it was a moderate drive from our hotel (20 min~) it was well worth it. The servings are big and the food is delicious! I recommend the fish tacos and the tamales - super yummy. Plus, the waitstaff was the best, so friendly and accommodating, if we are ever in the area again we will revisit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The better Mexican food experienceBelgiumVIPDined on 11/15/2013My wife and I had a very enjoyable beginning of our weekend on Friday evening. Never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectationsBelgiumVIPDined on 7/26/2013The title says it all! We had a wonderful Friday evening. A complete experiencbe with very fresh and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was authentic andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2013The food was authentic and delicious. The drink menu was vast with some great on tap beer options. Waitress was fun and energetic. Great place to meet for a drink and have a good meal.Special Features:
- Food was very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2013Food was very good, service was average, we waited too long for drinks, and the drinks were weak. We go to Jalapenos every once in a while, and always find the food good, the service average, and the drinks weak. At least they are consistent.
- Good MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2013Good Mexican for this area. The unlimited chips and salsa are hot and fresh.
- Gone down hill!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2013We've been going to J's Grill for a few years. OMG, something has changed! What used to be a quirky little date-night restaurant that served nicely spiced almost authentic Mex food, now it seems to be more of a kid-friendly tex mex place with really BLAND food. I had the grilled swordfish special with toasted coconut topping. Sounds yummy, right... NOT! It was so overcooked it was leathery. Topping was weird: sweet creamy/cheesy... with soft shredded coconut, like the kind used for baking. No fresh shredded toasted coconut??? My dinner friends had more "traditional" tex mex fare: enchiladas, fajitas, etc. All BLAND, not spicy at all and barely lukewarm. The waiter only served us one drink each, though we all wanted another. Where was he??
- Service pleasant but slow.WEOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2013Service pleasant but slow.WE were seated promptly, got drinks within a reasonable time, but no food for 45 minutes!! An oversight,I guess. Food quite good though
- Good place for a beer but thats it!drpoirierDined on 2/2/2013I set-up reservations through Open Table for 8 of us. When I arrived and told them I had reservations for 8 they looked at me like I had two heads. An hour later I had to chase down a waitress to find what was happening with our table. Bamm! There it is a again the two headed stare. We had to wait another 20 minutes to be seated. By now we were a couple of pitchers of margaritas in (very cool pitchers for the margaritas) too bad they were not very good. I had the fajitas and thought they were good. Everyone else complained about the meal. Mostly, that is was salty. I'd go for a beer and chips but thats it!Special Features:
- We loved the warm and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We loved the warm and friendly attmosphere and the staff was very accomadating and helpful. One person in our party wanted there meal not to spicy and it came out perfect. We had four differemt dinners and everyone said it was the best Mexican food they had had in the area. Will deinitely return often.Special Features:
- Authentic Tex-Mex in Walpole.SplewisVIPDined on 1/5/2013Authentic Tex-Mex in Walpole. A good alternative to Chili's, or Magharita's.Special Features:
- The food is excellent; aJimTennisVIPDined on 1/5/2013The food is excellent; a wide variety of choices so there was something for everyone in our group of 8. While I personally enjoy the Dos Esquis on draft; I did not some took advantage of the homemade sangria and the excellent margaruitas they prepare. No complaints from our group, which is a good batting average.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We love this restaurant and have been there many times. The food is superb as is the prompt and friendly service. On New Year's Eve, eight of us shared a carafe of Sangria and Margaritas and they were delicious. I love the ambiance in the main dining area. On New Year's Eve, we were placed in the bar area which I didn't care for very much. The lights were bright, it was louder and wasn't cozy like the main dining area. However, we were probably placed there because the main dining area was full; we just booked the table the night before New Year's. Next time I would request to be seated in the main dining area. But, we all had a great time and the food, drinks and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Fish tacos were dry and flavorless.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2012Fish tacos were dry and flavorless. Very disappointing. The margaritas were good. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- A bit of a letdown after readingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012A bit of a letdown after reading all the good reviews. Found the chicken and beef fajitas dry. And sangria not fruity enough. Maybe I have become to accustomed to the TexMex chains. I would rather go to those for tastier, more value Mexican fare.Special Features:
- Best Salsa and chips in theJimTennisVIPDined on 11/21/2012Best Salsa and chips in the Boston area, and that's only the beginning. A fine selection of meats and seafood to wet your appetite and top it off with dessert. Dos Equis on draft and fantastic sangria = a happy night before Thanksgiving meal. Bring your family and friends and enjoy for any reason or any occasion.Special Features:
- Try the Lobster Fajitas!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/17/2012Finding good Mexican foods is really hard in the suburbs. There complimentary fresh chips and salsa are good. I tried the lobster fajitas and was surprised at how much lobster there was! A good local spot of burritos and what not.
- This is a nice friendly localsomewhathungryDined on 11/16/2012This is a nice friendly local place. The best thing they offer is the sangria. Comes with warm cops & spicy salsa. Food is good. Staff was overwhelmed on a Friday nite, so service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- The food was very good andDaveVIPDined on 11/9/2012The food was very good and the service was outstanding. The grilled swordfish coated with coconut was moist and very tasty. The selection of margarita's is excelled.Special Features:
- fish tacos were great withresrvationsVIPDined on 10/22/2012fish tacos were great with good sides, nice presentation; Mole is delightful. Just needs an extra side to get vegetables to round out the meal.
- Much better-than-average MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/13/2012Much better-than-average Mexican food -- very tasty and not at all greasy. It can get lively here on a Saturday night but eventually calms down. A great place in the burbs for something a little different!Special Features:
- Nice Surprise in Walpole!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2012This was much better than the usual Mexican fare -- creative dishes, cooked nicely/not greasy. Even though we visited on a busy Saturday night, we could still sit and enjoy a relaxed meal. We'd definitely check it out again.Special Features:
- Jalapeno's Grill rocks !!LoukewarmDined on 9/23/2012Jalapeno's Grill has some great mexican food. Have been there numerous times and have not been disappointed ever. I will return.Special Features:
- REAL South of the Border Cuisine !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012Very Authentic Mexican Food from both the Yucatan region of Mexico and also Oaxaca. Not your standard Tex-Mex fare. The wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly. It has a nice warm decor that makes it a real neighborhood find!Special Features:
- Best Mexican outside of Boston,bravogoodfoodDined on 9/5/2012Best Mexican outside of Boston, second only to Sol Azteca. Good salsa, sangria, mole, rice & beans. Waitress was very nice and knew the menu she just forgot to come back and finish the service :-( Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Jalapeno's is consitentlyLoukewarmDined on 7/31/2012Jalapeno's is consitently good -- good mexican food in the 'burbs.Special Features:
- Food was pretty decent - althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Food was pretty decent - although it felt like the food was prepared way ahead of time (maybe day or two). Would like to see it prepared the day of (for the dishes that require more cooking time). Service was very very good - may go back again - as there are no authentic Mexican joints nearby ( I consider Acapulco's on Route 1 as 'meets the lowest common denominator' type of food.Special Features: