Jake's Stonecrab Restaurant
514 Via de Palmas
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Jake's Stonecrab Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jakesstonecrab.com/
- Phone: 5613471055
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pnm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Craige Elmer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Group sales, special events, and catered functions are all arranged to satisfy the specific requests of our clients. Jake’s can handle parties from 10 - 150, and offers indoor areas as well as private balcony and terrace dining.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining facilities servicing 10-80 patrons inside. Outdoor covered private terrace and balcony areas for 10 -70 patrons. Inside & outdoor areas can be connected by opening french doors to service parties up to 150 persons.
- Private Party Contact: David Leschen 5613471055
A word from Jake's Stonecrab Restaurant
Jake’s is recognized as the premier restaurant in Palm Beach County for seafood and of course STONECRABS. Jake's is an attractive, warm & inviting destination with indoor, outdoor balcony & terrace dining, featuring fresh seafood delivered to our kitchen on a daily schedule. Famous for "ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT" crab every night, Jake's offers Large, Jumbo, and Colossal Florida Stone Crabs traditionally complimented by specialty items like hash browns, fried sweet potatoes, creamy garlic spinach, followed by simply the best home baked key lime pie, and NY style cheese cake served anywhere! Recognized by the NEW YORK TIMES, Jake's is "Where to eat" "If you go" to Boca Raton. The owner David Leschen began his training in Joe's Stonecrab Restaurant, learning a respect for traditional service of one of Florida's most prized treasures. Jake's staff represents over 40 yrs of experience. Their unparalleled service as well its unique dishes will make your visit a special event, not just a meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's Stonecrab Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013I decided on Jake's because of reviews I read, I had Jakes fish fry meal. I was very disappointed, the food had no seasoning, and was overcooked.
- Very good Mahi with carrot/gingerLala1dinesVIPDined on 5/5/2013Very good Mahi with carrot/ginger salad! Only a few diners on Sunday night. Fairly expensive (Mahi at $26 was one of cheapest entree's on the menu; desserts about $14).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okAndreVIPDined on 5/1/2013The stone crabs were great but the other food was lacking. It was also crazy expensive!
- Expensive, but food was excellent!MikeDined on 4/28/2013The food was wonderful and the service was good too. Expensive place and I would mainly go here for special events unless they had some sort of summer discount special. Best shrimp I have had in a long, long time.Special Features:
- Our reservation was honoredmisterhowardgDined on 4/27/2013Our reservation was honored on time and were were seated immediately. The attentive staff was knowledgeable about the menu and "specials" as quite helpful this being our first visit to Jake's. My predinner cocktail an unusual order (Perfect Manhattan) was really "perfect".Special Features:
- We've been driving past thisLouieMVIPDined on 4/17/2013We've been driving past this place for years and decided to try it. Won't return. Neither my wife or I cared much for our entrees. Unless you want stone crab claws I wouldn't go there.
- Excellent as alwayswarrottjrDined on 4/5/2013This was our third visit to Jake's, excellent as always. For the first time we tried their "Giant" shrimp cocktail. It should have read "Humongous" on the menu. We never saw such giant shrimp in our entire lives. And it came with enough seasoned and dressed greens for a salad as well. The stone crabs were scrumptious as usual and the fruit tart was delicious. Everyone should put Jake's on their Bucket List!Special Features:
- The restaurant advertisedluvfood43VIPDined on 3/30/2013The restaurant advertised and even had signs outside promoting all-you cat stone crabs. When we asked the waitress she said that they were not available that night. The lobster I got had no sides with it and was a messy female. When I asked the waitress about it, she claimed it was the last available lobster. This was at 7 in the evening. At the end of the meal the waitress asked me to pick a dessert for my Birthday. I did that and than was charged for the dessert. That was cheap for a restaurant where the bill for the 4 of us approached $250. I would never go back and told all my friends about how poorly we were treated. They did everything they could to spoil my Birthday.
- beautiful Florida evening,goodbadDined on 3/29/2013beautiful Florida evening, chose to dine on the terrasse. We were a group of four and we're able to easily communicate. Waiter attentive. Many fish choices on menu. all dishes nicely presented.Special Features:
- terrific dinner. Filet wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2013terrific dinner. Filet was excellent, as were the stone crobs!Will return agin.Special Features:
- Chose Jakes from reviews onRickVIPDined on 3/28/2013Chose Jakes from reviews on Open Table. Upon arrival, there were very few tables full and I was worried. I was pleasantly surprised that the food was decent. I would not consider Jakes an 'upscale' steakhouse. They stressed (a little too much for me) the stone crabs. I fell for the pressure and ordered them. I was disappointed. I don't like fighting for my food and I ate shells which I don't like. I didn't enjoy them. I ordered the surf and turf. The lobster was rubbery. The filet was good but had a sauce on it that I didn't care for. Wife had a pasta which she said was good. I might give this place another try but there are other places in Boca I would try way before I returned.Special Features:
- The stone crabs are wonderful.AAAAVIPDined on 3/22/2013The stone crabs are wonderful. We love the sweet potato fries dipped in orange marmalade.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/16/2013The prices for the Stonecrab dinners are prohibitive, which is a terrible disappointment. There are no Stonecrab appetizers, at any price. I ordered a shrimp dish and specifically asked if the shrimp were large. I was told yes. They were not. The tenderloin steak was not tender at all. Not a good experience.
- We love Jakes and this timeGingVIPDined on 3/16/2013We love Jakes and this time sat outside - it was perfect, comfortable, and quiet. Exellent food and service as alwaysSpecial Features:
- good service didn't like food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I brought my 1 year old daughter and I like how they paid attention to her and her needs.good atmosphere and service but food was not very good. I heard the crab was good there though next time I'll have that and not fish.Special Features:
- Jake's Stone Crab is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Jake's Stone Crab is outstanding. My husband and I like to go there for a special event or anytime. The stone crabs are delicious and the all you can eat special is a winner! They also have the best dipping sauce ever!Special Features:
- Great place, but don't expectCrampedVIPDined on 3/13/2013Great place, but don't expect the waitress to pour the wine!
- another lovely evening diningneverhomeVIPDined on 3/11/2013another lovely evening dining outside. two of us had the shrimp scampi, delicious served on sauteed spinach, and the other diner chose the snapper. 3 clean plates! always good service... our second visit in as few weeksSpecial Features:
- Great stone crab claws, champagne,anonVIPDined on 3/11/2013Great stone crab claws, champagne, and service made my husband's birthday very special.Special Features:
- Older crowd - stone crab wasSLevin8VIPDined on 3/9/2013Older crowd - stone crab was bland, tuna was fatty and hard, even the hashed browns were burned. Very noisy with no ambience - very disappointed.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2013I was expecting more due to the long history of the restaurant. The stone crabs were good. The appetizer (shrimp and blue crab on a potato - onion hash) was not worth ordering. It was good but I hate capers. It was overwhelmed with them Plus my partner does not like green or red bell pepper or capers and it had both. It was not listed in the description of the item on menu. The baked potato was great and almost worth the $8 price to be honest. The creamed spinach not so much. My partner had the sole that was a large portion and she enjoyed it but could not finish it. So in review good but not great. I will make the drive to Joe's in the future.
- Stone Crabs are expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2013Stone Crabs are expensive but Jake charges premium prices of about $60 per order and $10-15 for each side like potatoes and spinach. With one glass of wine expect to spend a hundred per person. The ambience does not match the high price. The main order do crabs and fish took over an hour to be served.
- Though overpriced, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Though overpriced, the food was delicious, particularly the stone crabs. Strangely, the atlantic oysters on the half-shell are sweet and plump, but not served on ice, and were room-temperature. There were no crackers of any kind. I ordered merlot wine and, without asking, was served the most expensive 1/2 glass ($12) and my wife ordered kettle one vodka and was charged for Grey Goose ($12) on the rocks. Overall a pleasant experience, but with a little more reasonableness, this could be a five-star experience.
- Fresh & AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2013We had not been to this area before & took guests. What a wonderful surprise. Gorgeous venue for shopping & restaurants & Jake's is a true gem. Absolutly everything was marvelous from the best stone crab we've ever eaten to the fish entrees & Bouillabase with a broth made in heaven. This will be a favorite. Also, loved the fact that the music was great but not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable. We triedneverhomeVIPDined on 2/23/2013Always enjoyable. We tried different menu choices this visit. Stuffed sole was gigantic but very tasty. Palm beach shrimp was also a large serving. Very tasty but couldn't come close to eating all the salad that came with.Special Features:
- One of my fave restaurants.FoodloverDined on 2/23/2013One of my fave restaurants. Even though they are noted for their stone crabs everything else is just as delicious!Special Features:
- The restaurant is nice andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2013The restaurant is nice and the food was very good, but it's just entirely too expensive and I don't mind paying for a nice meal, but this was ridiculous. This place is definitely "tourist" priced which makes me crazy since we are Boca locals. There are plenty of other great restaurants in Boca / Delray that I'd rather go to. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Overpriced and not friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013The hostes not friendly at all bartender was very nice and she should have been the hostes explained the drinks very nice. Food was ok very small for the price and lobster was overcooked.
- Although I am not certain,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Although I am not certain, I believe that jake's is a classic dining spot in Boca. I was not disappointed.Special Features:
- A wonderful restaurant..TomBDined on 2/14/2013Had dinner on Valentines Day. I hate going out that night because the restaurants usually overbook and overcharge. None of this took place and my wife and I had a very wonderful meal. In addition, I had flowers sent to the restaurant and when we were shown to our table they were sitting there. My wife was very surprised and I was relieved to see all was taken care of without a hitch. I look forward to going back.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent food and service. An excellent menu with lots of choices of fresh fish. We had the Tuna appetizer served with a seaweed salad and a calamari salad. All three items were excellent and served in generous portions (a great share item). I had the Sea Bass and my wife had the seared scallops. Both were excellent and served with tasty accompaniments.Special Features:
- Who Needs Joe's?gkhagerVIPDined on 2/13/2013Run by a expatriot from Joe's Stone Crab the iconic landmark in Miami, this place looks to take Joes menu to a higher level and succeeds. My wife and I ordered the largest stone crabs they had and while expensive (like a large lobster would be) they were phenomenal! You can enjoy a nice meal at relatively reaosnable prices WITHOUT ordering the crab, but honestly why travel to a restaurant with the name "Sone Crab" in the title if you werent ready to lay sown some big bucks? Dont travel to Miami, Joes Stone Crab has morphed into Jakes in Boca!Special Features:
- The best stone crabs- especiallyswirlesVIPDined on 2/9/2013The best stone crabs- especially for the largest sizes not available at most restaurants.
- Their bread is the best! (PlusrainbowVIPDined on 2/2/2013Their bread is the best! (Plus the rest of the food)Special Features:
- My husband and I love goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013My husband and I love going to Jake's Stone Crab. We always order the stone crabs!Special Features:
- THE PLACE TO GO for fish lovers.lov2eatVIPDined on 1/19/2013THE PLACE TO GO for fish lovers. Jakes can do anything, like broil,grill,saute or serve any fish with appropriate sauce to complement the texture, falvor and tastes. The claws and stone crabs are terrific...but the HASHBROWNS steal the show when it comes to sides. Fabulous desserts, too. The raspberry sorbet over berry pie was so special,we actually finished it (seemed enough for 4 people).Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at Jake'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/11/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Jake's but thought it was excessively expensive.Special Features:
- Rude service, don't waste your timeOBBRIANVIPDined on 1/9/2013The guy that greeted us at the door was horrible. He was yelling and screaming on the phone to someone then slammed the phone down and took it out on us. Was shocked at his demeanor that was rude and nasty. Wondering if this is just the Boca way. We got seated at a bad table that we did not want but he insisted no other table were being serviced. The waiter served us stale bread and then never showed up again. Bad experience all around. Don't waste your money.
- A great evening!BigBruceDined on 1/5/2013This is the second time I have been to Jake's. The food is great, and, the shrimp cocktail had three huge shrimp, like each one was about 1/4 of a pound (U4's.) They had the colossal stone crab claws which were out of this world. The salad was great too! Decent wine list, and, the service was first class. A bit pricey, but, worth it!Special Features:
- The waitress was nice, andjanGVIPDined on 1/3/2013The waitress was nice, and food ok. I had the boulibasse and it was a bit over loaded with the spices. Too much fish and not enough shell fish for the price. Worst, was the owner who acted like we were not important customers to him. Compared to the other tables in the restaurant where he visited them and made sure they were comfortable. He is a rude person who should not work with the public. We spent a lot of money and should not have been treated that way. Not even a "good bye" or "thank you" on the way out! Rude rude rude!