Bronx, NY 10471Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jakessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7185810182
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private catering available please call for details
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
A word from Jake's Steakhouse
Jake's is a Zagat Rated casual steakhouse in the Riverdale section of the Bronx offering the finest steaks, chops & seafood in NYC. Our staff is attentive & professional. In addition to our great food we have an extensive craft beer selection as well as a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jake's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
Jake's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (27)good for groups (18)romantic (14)fit for foodies (14)scenic view (9)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- beefeaterDined on 8/23/2014Food over priced and not as good as in the past Helps to be deaf. wait staff OK but not crackerjacks
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014All i have to say A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A PleasureMoonglowDined on 8/8/2014Great food cooked to order. Special requests are often fulfilled. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Awesome steak considering the location. Everything was cooked to perfection. We went for lunch, although parking is a nightmare, they have valet parking for dinner time only, the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining at Jake's in the Bronx. Our overall experience Saturday night was fantastic! The food, service and ambience was outstanding. I live in the Northeast Bronx and always travel downtown to dine at a steakhouse. No more Manhattan for me when Jake's is practically in my backyard and was by far better than any other steakhouse that I've recently gone to. Great job Jake's....can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- WayloVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went to Jake's twice last week. Once at the bar and once at a table. Both experiences were great. Food and service was top notch. Also, they just added lobster rolls at the bar that are spectacular. Great move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014We had an amazing T-bone steak dinner. We requested our steaks cooked "Medium' and they arrived perfect!!! The sides were delish and the creme brulee was to die for!!! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Best in the Bronx!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/9/2014The always friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and attentive waitstaff compliment an impressive menu highlighted by always-perfect beef selections. As a New Yorker for nearly seven decades, who travels the world in search of excellent meals, my sincere recommendation is that Jake's is not to be missed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Once again the food was superb and the service was outstanding! Jake's Steakhouse never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak loverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014I have been to Jakes many times and love the food. This time I was disappointed with the Porter house steak which was totally bland. I had to use the steak sauce which I have never done in the past. The soft shell crab appetizer was phenomenal, the creamed spinach and garlic mashed potato were very good as well. The servers were attentive and friendly. Overall it is a good place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstlady1222Dined on 6/15/2014I took my bf to Jake's for fathers day.we were seated wit our reservations on time.Great drinks Great food Great service. He loved his pasta.my steak was perfect. I chose local and I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to go back. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable and not crazy pricesGoodfindDined on 6/9/2014Wait staff always pleasant and since the restaurant was not crowded we lingered quite awhile without being disturbedSpecial Features:
- awfulsturpegVIPDined on 5/31/2014With a 24 rating, how disappointing. Meats were tasteless and overcooked, not worth sending back for a redo. I suppose for those who don't know better, this would do for a steakhouse in the Bronx
- Nice sceneryTeefrmBKDined on 5/31/2014I live in the area and have always liked Jake's. Took a friend there since she's recently gotten her Masters, and although I do not eat red meat, she does, and I still managed to enjoy the other fares on the menu. Really nice spot! Worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyluDined on 5/24/2014Loved the food!!! I will return sometime soon. The wait staff and hostess were accommodating and valet parking was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysGoodEatsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Went there to have steak which was great. Oysters very good. And the brownie Sundae excellent. Now back to oatmeal and greek yogurt.Special Features:
- SpectacularChrissymarines95Dined on 5/18/2014I've been to jakes so many times and have not been disappointed it is absolutely delicious I always order the wedge salad and I fall in love jakes is the place to beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014geat food. they were very accommodating patcient with my 2 young boys. we WILL BE returningSpecial Features:
- Just a Note...Tea42Dined on 5/4/2014I was celebrating my birthday with a friend. No I did not inform the restaurant. Do not want the fan fair. The food was very good. I had the surf and turf which both the steak and lobster were cooked to perfection. The sweet potatoes fries were also worthy. The service was not great. The waitress waited too long to take our orders. Even though we were in conversation it was way too long. All in all it was a good place to dine after a great Broadway show of "Kinky Boots". I would come again. The only draw back is the multiple dwelling and no elevator.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 495 reviews are from the Jake's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Excellent as alwaysMiladyVIPDined on 5/3/2014I have been here numberous of times. I have never been disappointed with the food. Dinner makes you want to come back for more. I usually don't order dessert but this time I did and was very disappointed with the Apple Strudel. Will this prevent me from going back, heck no I just won't order that particular dessert again. I would have rated the restaurant as outstanding except for the disappointing dessert.Special Features:
- Great Steak - Great ValueFirechiefDined on 5/1/2014Manhattan Steak house at suburban prices. Great bar selection of beers and the staff to matchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Everything about our experience was great. All our guests enjoyed their food tremendously. Always a good experience at Jake's. We highly recommend it!!! Nora PanzaSpecial Features:
- 2nd time at the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/20142nd time at the restaurant. 1st time was for lunch, great! 2nd time was for Sat. nite dinner, great again. Would recommend if you want to go to a restaurant to feel comfortable, have great service, and enjoy excellent food. Steak was comparable to Ruth Cris and better than Del Frisco's. Prices are comparable as well, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2014food was good the service was awful big party in the dining room making so much noise bad experience
- maryDined on 4/12/2014The food was excellent but it was way to noisy. You could not have a conversation with the person seated next to you.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary Dinnerhl10453Dined on 3/30/2014My husband and I have just recently decided to set out and try the NYC steakhouse scene. A few weeks ago we had started with Old Homestead and while the food was really good, I much prefer the atmosphere of Jake's. When paying that much for dinner it is nice to have a quiet, relaxing scene (not feel like you are in Applebee's in Times Square). We started with the crab cake, which was perfect-most crab cakes I have had before are mostly stuffing and not much crab-not this one We both then enjoyed the surf and turf-steaks were cooked perfectly and the lobster was delicious. We finished with the creme brulee which was very tasty. We live in the Bronx so it's nice to have a place so close to home to enjoy a nice dinner. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!jtl2014Dined on 3/29/2014As a returning customer Jake's is one of my favorite restaurants. Never bad food or service and anything you need the staff accomadates you. I recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2014We had a terrific meal at Jake's. There were people without reservations waiting to be seated when we arrived. We were seated right away with our Open Table reservation. Our server came to our table right away to take our drink order and describe the nights specials. We each ordered the Filet Mignon. Both steaks were very tender and delicious. We also shared a bottle of wine and it was quite good and reasonably priced. Our server was attentive without being obtrusive. Fortunately we saved room to share a delicious desert. We look forward to our next meal at Jake's.Special Features:
- Stopped in for a Leisurely Lunch...BertDined on 3/28/2014I've been here many times-- the steaks are great! Finding a parking space can present a problem at times. I was a little disappointed on this most recent visit for lunch when the medium-rare burger I ordered was presented to me close to well-done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite mealsivf255Dined on 3/26/2014Everything about the dinner was superb! All three dishes were indescribably delicious and cooked to perfection. Thank goodness the portions were healthy because I had a delectable meal yesterday too. We were so satiated that we could not make room for desserts so I guess we will just have to go back for the desserts only!!Our resident foodie almost ate her entire T-Bone steak. I had Jakes's Filet Mignon and I am ready to go back for more...The birthday Lady had a surf and turf and could not be happier. Must not pass up the mac and cheese and it re-heats well too. Can't wait to go back!!!! It was a delightful dining experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better steaks at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014Had better steaks at this place in the past.. steak was not as tender anf fish dish was full of sand.Special Features:
- Awful.SteakEaterDined on 3/22/2014After about 20 minutes of looking at the menu, we we're tired of waiting for the waiter to come take our order. We had to call her over and ask her to take our order. The food took literally 1 hour to get to the table and the half of the food was room temperature when it arrived at the table. We went for a birthday, so we asked for the waiter to do the typical restaurant desert w/candle thing. We eventually got a 3" diameter by 1.5" high chocolate cake with a candle, which the birthday boy didn't like because he doesn't like chocolate. When we got our bill, they charged us $9 for the cake & candle, that again the birthday boy didn't like. If they were going to charge us, you should ask exactly what he wants! Overall, terrible experience.
- The food was excellent. OurBallzgotw8Dined on 3/14/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive & on top of everything. The ambiance was nice. I'd recommend the surf & turfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDyssaleighDined on 3/9/2014This is one of the best steakhouses that I have been to. My date and I ordered the Porterhouse for Two, delicious, with a lot to bring home. The Clams Oregenato appetizer was possibly my favorite part of the meal, prepared perfectly. The Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach were also wonderful. Very delighted about how good the sides were, because I have noticed most great steakhouses do not always have the best sides just focusing on the meat. It is definitely going to be an expensive dinner but 100% worth it for the food and service. Would be perfect if the entree actually came with sides rather then having to add on. $150 bill for 2 glasses of wine, 1 app., Porterhouse for Two, two sides, and 1 dessert .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jakes and Steaks by the ParkMerlinDined on 3/9/2014I had a late lunch at Jakes last Wednesday at bar and service was great with Chris. I then had the chance to have an early lunch and was then served by Daryl at the table. Both experiences are a prime example of quality food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!! SteakSaYjRMDDined on 3/8/2014Great experience!!! Steak prepared to perfection. Would definetley come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steaks are excellent.richieKDined on 3/8/2014The steaks are excellent. Very high quality especially for the price. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BronxReenieCDined on 3/7/2014Jakes has the best streaks and is a gem. The personnel in the restaurant are all friendly and give great service.It is also a great restaurant if you are tagging along and don't neccisarily like stake. They have plenty of other dishes that are just as delicious. I would recommend the Chicken Leno which is unique and delicious. Their shell stieak and lamb are also quite outstanding.Special Features:
- AFFABLE, HELPFUL AND FRIENDLYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014AFFABLE, HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY STAFF. EXCELLENT FILET MIGNONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NightWayloVIPDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed Jake's last Friday night which also happened to be the night of the Manhattan / Iona game. The place was packed with fans trying to get a bite before the game. Our dinner and service was outstanding. Even though the place was packed, nothing suffered. The staff remained attentive and the food came out PERFECT. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.