Bronx, NY 10471Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jakessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (718) 581-0182
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private catering available please call for details
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
A word from Jake's Steakhouse
Jake's is a Zagat Rated casual steakhouse in the Riverdale section of the Bronx offering the finest steaks, chops & seafood in NYC. Our staff is attentive & professional. In addition to our great food we have an extensive craft beer selection as well as a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jake's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
Jake's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (23)romantic (20)scenic view (13)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I was shocked when my steak came at room temperature. Once requested to heat the steak it came back slightly warm but now over cooked. Extremely disappointed. The mashed potatoes were cold as well. The salad was awesome. The cocktail sauce was way too spicy that came with the 3 shrimp cocktail. The service effort was great so Jay got a 20% tip anyway. Never again and don't recommend this place to anyone.
- Steak to die for!DIVAPACODined on 11/20/2014Our party of 5 had a delicious dinner at Jake's this week. We all had steak cooked to a different temperature & all were served perfectly as ordered. The special appetizer of coconut shrimp was great as were the sides. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentTiaNicoleDined on 11/15/2014excellent ! Great Service my waiter Nasarre was incredible great food had the portor house steak for 2 and we're going back for it ...... Garlic Mash and String Beans amazing Everyone very friendly Be prepared to spend but it's worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!PattyDined on 11/14/2014I looooove the food at Jake's! The service is always on point. Could be a little pricey but definitely worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014My first time at Jake's and definitely not my last! Although I live in the neighborhood I had never tried it out and I'm glad I did. The food was excellent and the service was great. The drinks were also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/12/2014staff totally gets it....good food....good wait staff and mgr Megan always around with a smile and to ensure all is right for a good dining experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for meatTamarDined on 11/7/2014Jake's is a great local steakhouse and I've known its been around but this was my first time eating dinner. The shell steak was excellent and the chef/kitchen slices is beautifully, but still leaving it filly intact on the plate, for ease of eating. A nice touch I had not seen before. We had a bottle of Ruffino Classico chianti, spinach and baked potato - a very good place for meat. I plan to return and try the rack of lamb soon. Vibrant bar scene, nice decore with Western drawings on the walls, reminiscent of being our West. Highly recommend for meat-eaters! THey also provide valet parking which is helpful.Special Features:
- MartyDined on 11/7/2014I have eaten here before and have always been pleased by the quality of the food. I had the French dip. The bee was cooked to order and the dip was perfect: not too salty. My guest loved the viewed and the burger cooked exactly to order. The one disappointment was the service. It was friendly, but the waiter disappeared and returned well after we finished eating.Special Features:
- Exceptional food & servicegreatsouthbayDined on 11/1/2014We dined at Jake's in East Meadow for the first time on Sat night. The food and service was exceptional! The staff was attentive from the moment we entered and throughout the evening. Would definitely recommend. Prices were reasonable. The food was fantastic .. I had the sea bass (yum). Thank you for making our evening so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday wishsatisfiedtummyDined on 10/31/2014I have been to jakes a number of times and have never been disappointed. My wife and I enjoy going on halloween because its my birthday and I can only have steak several times a year so my choice is always steak at jakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Excellent service! Professionalism you find in Manhatten at fine dining. The food prepared the way I stated, medium rare! Huge baked potato, with condiments! Refills of water on a timely fashion and of course the servers, pleasant and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the steak onlyLainieDined on 10/19/2014I had the chicken Leno, it was boring - they douse 2 chicken breasts in a tasteless cream sauce - they were not really trying hard. My daughter had lobster tail - previously frozen, they were not particularly large or tasteful. . My husband had the steak / mushroom special - he also was disappointed with his meal. Also, $3.00 for a cup of coffee, well we ordered 2 cups and they brought us a small pot, and then filled the small coffee cups half way. I commented to my husband who said they must be leaving room for cream / sugar, but the remainder of coffee in the pot was not enough to fill both cups. We have been there before, and enjoyed our meals and can live with being nickeled and dimed if the meal was worth it - it wasn't this time!!!
- VCP Gemgr8pickDined on 10/18/2014This place is a hole in 1. Excellent dining. Great atmosphere. Very nice ambiance. Service was good. Definitely will return & recommend. Keep up the great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A PleasureMoonglowDined on 10/17/2014Jake's is a Bronx treasure. A restaurant that does what it can to meet special requests made at time of reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please repeat thatReluctantCriticDined on 10/11/2014Been there often food normally very good ,this time OK but not great What killed it for us was the noise level Could hardly carry on a conversation
- always excellentKkzz3VIPDined on 10/4/2014we have been here many times and Jakes never disappoints!! the steaks are cooked to perfection and the wine and service are just as good!Special Features:
- Jake's SteakhouseGeorgeVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food is always good, but a bit pricy. It's always nice to get a coupon deal.We'd eat here more often if they didn't insist on a sharing charge on an already pricy meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealFL2021Dined on 10/3/2014Second time here, and we knew exactly what we wanted, the Porterhouse for two. Our server on our first visit (who we asked for again)recommended it. It was huge, and perfectly cooked medium rare as ordered. The filet side melted in your mouth, and the strip side was fantastic as well. We also ordered a salad that was a special, peach, arugula, prosciutto, walnuts, ect which was fantastic as well. Can't wait to return. Friendly attentive staff and valet parking.Special Features:
- Nice experience!HojoDined on 10/1/2014Good meal, I had filet and Caesar salad, food was very good. Be sure to sit upstairs, it's much nicer than sitting on the first floor. Service was wonderful. My guests also enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014have eaten here several times and the food/steak has always been outstanding.Special Features:
- Steakhouse Gem in The BronxOberluckDined on 9/17/2014Went to Jake's Steakhouse with family who are big steak eaters. Their favorite haunt is Peter Lugers so that's the competition. Our waitress was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The dining area is on 3 different floors so if you have anyone who is handicapped make sure you specify first floor. The food was fantastic. The steak lovers in our group had the porterhouse for 2. They raved about the steaks and the sides. This is a great place for taking someone for a special dinner, to impress out of town family or even for a treat after a hard days work. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/13/2014We have been going to JAKES for years. It is always good but this time it was great. Steaks as good as the famouse steak houses. Miss the little garlic rolls which no longer seem to be available, maybe they will come back so watch for them.Special Features:
- Tad pricey but goodGizmo2440Dined on 9/13/2014This is my first time going to this place and it was pretty good. Me and my date had the porterhouse for two, over 40 ounces of steak, yummy. Only thing I didn't like is that you gotta pay for your sides, I guess I am used to almost every other restaurant that gives you at least 1 side with your meal, and I didn't even know till my steak arrived that it's how it worked, but then again my waitress never asked if I wanted any sides. Oh wells, was still a good meal.Special Features:
- delicious!candeeyumyumDined on 9/12/2014I went to Jake's Steakhouse w/the family to celebrate my husband's 41st birthday. My family was very pleased and loved the food. The crabcake appetizer was delicious. If you live in the Bronx and have not tried Jake's, you definitely must visit them. This is my second time and I think it gets better every time. They sat us on the third floor and the ambience is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outturtlebayDined on 9/11/2014We have eaten here before and it is always good, but this time it was outstanding. My husband had the spinach ravioli and said that if it had been an entree instead of an appetizer, he would have gladly made that his dinner. The steaks were great, our waitress was very attentive, and we all had a great time.Special Features:
- Always goodUnhappyDined on 9/11/2014Usually go to the one on Long Island but this one in the Bronx was just as good if not better. The service was definetly better then LI location.Special Features:
- Five stars all aroundBrazilFanDined on 9/5/2014Everything about Jake's is perfection. The service, dinner, drinks and dessert were all perfect in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal Great serviceFL2021Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I were looking to try something new. We made a reservation, but arrived shortly after 6pm so we really didn't need it. We were seated on the upper lever overlooking Van Cortlandt park. The server greeted us right away, and explained the specials to us. Great menu with lots of choices, but we wanted steak so my wife asked for a recommendation, and he suggested the t-bone. We ordered an appetizer to share and a wedge salad to share (which came out on two separate plates), something you will rarely see and we didn't even ask for it to be served that way. Our steaks came out perfectly med rare as ordered The meal was fantastic, no room for desert. Nice touches, great food, great service, and bonus valet parking. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- steakloverDined on 8/23/2014Hi, we were not happy with our meal service, it was our wedding anniversary, but nobody mentioned that, we sat at the bar and had a pint of IPA ale, and 1 glass of chardonnay, which came to $18.00, which we thought was expensive, when you dont get a receipt. when we went to our table we had a bottle of wine with our starters, and bread and ordered another for our main course, which never arrived untill our dinner was finished, the waitress, said "that they could not find that botlle in the celler"so we had a meal with no wine/drink. awfull. The garlic mash was so watered down, that another table long side us were complainging also, I would not return here for another meal, it was also so crowded and noisy, it was unbearble.
- beefeaterDined on 8/23/2014Food over priced and not as good as in the past Helps to be deaf. wait staff OK but not crackerjacks
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014All i have to say A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A PleasureMoonglowDined on 8/8/2014Great food cooked to order. Special requests are often fulfilled. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Awesome steak considering the location. Everything was cooked to perfection. We went for lunch, although parking is a nightmare, they have valet parking for dinner time only, the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 510 reviews are from the Jake's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining at Jake's in the Bronx. Our overall experience Saturday night was fantastic! The food, service and ambience was outstanding. I live in the Northeast Bronx and always travel downtown to dine at a steakhouse. No more Manhattan for me when Jake's is practically in my backyard and was by far better than any other steakhouse that I've recently gone to. Great job Jake's....can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- WayloVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went to Jake's twice last week. Once at the bar and once at a table. Both experiences were great. Food and service was top notch. Also, they just added lobster rolls at the bar that are spectacular. Great move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivaGShonnie703Dined on 7/16/2014We had an amazing T-bone steak dinner. We requested our steaks cooked "Medium' and they arrived perfect!!! The sides were delish and the creme brulee was to die for!!! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Best in the Bronx!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/9/2014The always friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and attentive waitstaff compliment an impressive menu highlighted by always-perfect beef selections. As a New Yorker for nearly seven decades, who travels the world in search of excellent meals, my sincere recommendation is that Jake's is not to be missed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Once again the food was superb and the service was outstanding! Jake's Steakhouse never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak loverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014I have been to Jakes many times and love the food. This time I was disappointed with the Porter house steak which was totally bland. I had to use the steak sauce which I have never done in the past. The soft shell crab appetizer was phenomenal, the creamed spinach and garlic mashed potato were very good as well. The servers were attentive and friendly. Overall it is a good place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstlady1222Dined on 6/15/2014I took my bf to Jake's for fathers day.we were seated wit our reservations on time.Great drinks Great food Great service. He loved his pasta.my steak was perfect. I chose local and I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to go back. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.