Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island
2172 Hempstead Tpke.,
East Meadow, NY 11554Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jakessteakhouse.com/long-island
- Phone: 5162228400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Beberman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Jake's Steakhouse is available for Private Parties for 12-75 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for parties of 12-75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Justin McCarthy 5162228400x
A word from Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island
Jake's in East Meadow is a casual, yet sophisticated steakhouse serving the best steaks, chops, and seafood on Long Island. Complementing our excellent cuisine is our fine selection of craft beers available in our bar room as well as the outdoor beer garden. The bar and beer garden also feature an inventive menu of bar snacks, burgers, and sandwiches. Our staff is friendly and professional and we look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (8)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- well worth the drivesocialitedivaDined on 8/22/2014loved the relaxed Feeling of this restaurant, very comfortable environment, great energy friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's is great.TheKsssDined on 8/12/2014Food was superb. Gloria our waiter was very knowledgeable. Rib eye and T bone were both excellant. Also the Salmon was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lulu72Dined on 8/12/2014Great service & the best rice pudding:) Dinner was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's was Great!TonyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I rarely get a chance to experience the higher end of dining. So our time at Jake's was thooyughly enjoyed. Staring with the hostesses (one in training) to our superb waitress Gloria... Let me stop there. Though our meals were excellent, my wife and I both agree, Gloria is the reason for our extremely possitive review. She was engagingly entertaining. without being overbearing. She was exceptionally knowledgeable. ..and (if I may) cute too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014food was horrible...poorly cooked and tough...ordered portahouse for two...under cooked...raw in facct...sent it back and it couldnt be cut or chewed......$89 for that was robbery......the help was fine...efficent and friendly
- Great foodharmigDined on 7/19/2014First of all everything was delicious. The braised short rib is fall off the bone amazing. Pulled pork sliders great, crabcake ditto, guacamole terrific. Went for lunch at 12:30 on a Saturday - place was empty but it was perfect because I like quiet, no one rushed us, waiter was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014it was the first time i have eaten at jake's, and was very impressed, i will beSpecial Features:
- ZapcopdVIPDined on 7/1/2014Always satisfied with the food. Service however was a little slow on this visit. Wouldn't stop us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesome!!!SteaknWineDined on 6/28/2014Was my son's last meal before he went away to camp and he chose Jake's in East Meadow. So glad he did. We had a wonderful meal and tremendous service from our server Kirk. He was knowledgable, funny and engaging. Our appetizers and entrees arrived hot and in a timely manner. The GM, Justin, has complete control over the diningroom and makes sure that everyone feels comfortable. Of note: their bone-in NY Strip is absolutely delicious and I can't wait to go back for another. Great job Jake's. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- great waiter and managerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2014We took my son there for a milestone birthday. Outstanding food with good value. My wife and I had the $28 three course meal-appetizier(e.g. fried calamari, baked calms); main course- steaks including a nice short ribs, salmon; chicken parm; and a nice dessert. My son had the surf and turf-lobster tail and filet mignon-$48. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass and abt a dozen beers on tap including a couple of ales. Really nice inside bar and outside patio/bar area. Super knowledgeable and attentive waiter and manager(Justin). Justin bought us a round of drinks and signature appetizer. Super classy and much appreciated! We will be back and bring our friendsSpecial Features:
- NewgDined on 6/20/2014Beautiful Friday night, thought we would meet friends at the outdoor patio. Grabbed a table and waited, not only for our friends but for our beverages. It took forever to get a drink. When the drink did finally come it we horrible. Then the waiter forgot our appetizer order. ..then the salad dressing was like straight vinegar. The noise of Hempstaed tpk was loud as the trucks and motorcycles zoomed and rattled by. The table next to us was smoking....had a nice time catching up with friends but will not go back.
- PoorVertaeDined on 6/20/2014The worst steakhouse I and my family have ever experienced. Steak was very fatty, tough and improperly cooked. Service was no better. I can't say enough about had bad it was! The only highlight is that our dog enjoyed the steak grizzle and fat at home.
- windywayDined on 6/5/2014Food and service was excellent! Only real issue i had was they recently made all streets around the restaurant for residents only and the parking lot doesn't have nearly enough room for all of the customer cars so it basically leaves you with no other choice but to wait in the lot for someone to finish and leave so we could park. That made us a half hour late for our reservation...they had no other suggestions on where to park either. I dont know if they valet any other nights of the week but they had no valet when I was there on a Thursday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on dining experience123tessie10Dined on 5/31/2014Service was great,food very tasty prices a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTobettaVIPDined on 5/13/2014Four of us went out for a celebration. One person from our party had to send back his steak twice. It was very upsetting for all of us. We all order creamed spinach and it was unappetizing! Disgusting that is!
- WowMoheemDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing and the service was wonderful. I have fallen in love with this place. I love my steak rare and it was cooked to perfection. My children are picky eaters and they loved their seafood dish. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nocommunication idangerousondancefloorDined on 5/11/2014Kids did not eat free...we still had to pay for kids dessert..lack of communicationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 5/10/2014Fortunately we've been here several times so we WILL go back. This time was a bit disappointing. My shell steak special was tasteless - steak and veggies both! My husband's filet mignon was wonderful. Server (Kirk) was great.
- 4 hours of HeavenneedstogooutmoreDined on 5/3/2014We chose Jake's because it was equidistant between us and the other couple we were meeting. My husband and I were meeting our good friend's new beau for the first time and Jake's was perfect!! Our waiter, Paul was attentive but didn't hover. The food was fantastic and the drinks were potent! I had the 'grey goose Le fizz' and now I have to find the recipe to have it at home as well. We spent four hours catching up and getting to know our new friend. We never felt rushed to leave. I can;t wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood steakhouseNy18Dined on 5/3/2014Pleasant atmosphere great steaks and seafood. Save room for dessert overall great experience and service!Special Features:
- Loved the FoodTwinsMom37Dined on 5/2/2014We were drawn in due to restaurant week. I loved the food, especially the boneless short ribs, the wedge salad was good but a little too much dressing. I loved the chocolate pretzel martini. Not for everyone but if you like that type of drink, it's great. My only complaint is the service wasn't very good. We were left sitting for a while without anyone coming by. My glass was empty for a while before the waiter came back to ask if I wanted another one. Overall, though, I enjoyed it and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 231 reviews are from the Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island reviews archive.
- restaurant week winnerDSDdancemomDined on 4/30/2014Chose Jake's because it offered a restaurant week menu and is halfway between where my friend and I live. What a fabulous find. There was a huge selection on the menu, something for everyone. We had ordered fried calamari and I had mussels in white wine sauce as our appetizers. For dinner we chose salmon and chicken parmesan, which was served in the biggest portion known to man! Absolutely delicious! To dessert we chose brownie ala mode and Jake's cream pie, which wasn't what I expected. I believe that the restaurant offers a price fixe menu and I plan to return. Kirk was our server, great kid and extremely hospitable. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food some loud patronsFrankieboyDined on 4/29/2014We all enjoyed our meals at Jakes this week. All of the food was well prepared and very flavorful. The experience was nearly spoiled by some very loud people at another table. I had to change my seat so I could hear the other guests at my table. Fortunately the loud group left not long after we arrived. As far as the meal is concerned, I have nothing bad to say; everything was prepared exactly as I like it. In other words the food was a home run. The noise level was annoying.
- A Hidden GemMynewsteakhouseDined on 4/28/2014I took my Husband out for his Birthday after reading the reviews I decided to go to Jakes Steahouse. What a great decision. The hospitality was extended as soon as we entered the restaurant and it only got better as the evening progress. The food was excellent. The service great. I couldn't have found a better place to celebrate. I will definelty be returning. ( This was restaurant week and the menu has variety of great selections. Normally some restaurants are limited and don't offer great selections but Jakes didn't cut any corners). My suggestion is if you have never gone and are hesitant don't be you will not be disappointed it is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goog food & serviceEAlexDined on 4/28/2014The hospitality was excellent right from our entry to exit. Food was good too. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Prix fixe worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Dined on a Sunday night for prix fix prices and worth it. Would returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's SteakhouseTropsDined on 4/26/2014The food was great. Our server was very friendly. The only negative thing about the place is how long it took before having our food served to us. It was about a half hour or more & the restaurant wasn't even that busy. Other than that, it was a very cozy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysZapcopdVIPDined on 4/20/2014Excellent dinner. Been here several times including a large party. Never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Had very nice special holiday menu..service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timecarrie13Dined on 4/19/2014looking forward to going back fir the outside barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steakweaselDined on 4/13/2014Our food was very good - lamb and filet mignon were delicious - place is a little noisy but we were seated in the bar area so that could account for that - It was crowded that nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningLindarella2016Dined on 4/4/2014Nice looking restaurant. The food was delicious and everything we tasted made us happy :-) Drinks were flowing and a good time was had by all. Great double date!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitSteveDined on 3/29/2014This was our first time to Jake's and I was pleasantly surprised. Even my wife , who was only going becasue I wanted to eat steak, enjoyed her meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedIzabelaDined on 3/29/2014The food is ok, however not worth the price. Our T-bone was so and so. Sea bass special had more cheese and cream sauce than fish. Service was nice as well as decor, however this does not justify the high prices. I heard they have prefix menu on weekdays. If you want to try Jake's I would strongly recommend to try it on a weekday.Special Features:
- best food on long islandjudgefederDined on 3/28/2014Mussels- to die for, rock shrimp- not over fried. Tasty tangy delicious, the ribs? The best perfectly cured and seasoned. A littly spicy and the meat was so soft the fat was not detectable just delcious. They serve chimay blue cap which is my favorite beer of all time. For dinner the lobster tail was so tasy and fresh and the filet mignon? Cooked to absolute deliciIve been to hundreds of restaurants and im saying right now i challenge anyone to ever have a better meal. I had to ask for the chef and chef beberman came out and he was gracious enough to give me and my bud a few minutes of his time. What a meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new place for steakFrankieboyDined on 3/27/2014A friend of mine is a regular at the Bronx outpost of this restaurant. She raves about the place and it has become her go to place for a good meal out. My wife and I decided to try it and we were not disappointed. Everything from the cocktails to the desert and coffee were just about perfect. We both had the filet mignon steak. My wife had it "Jake style" (melted blue cheese and onion rings on top with a port wine reduction sauce). While she wasn't disappointed with it, she also said she probably wouldn't bother the next time. My Beef Barley Soup and my wife's mussels were both excellent. We ordered sweet potato fries and mushrooms as sides and enjoyed both. Our deserts, a brownie sundae and creme brule were very good and so was the coffee.Special Features:
- We go often...ReviewDined on 3/22/2014We frequent Jakes, and are never disappointed in the service or quality of food. Three of us ordered the Chilean Sea Bass, (in a steakhouse?) and it was fabulous. We almost always do our steaks "Jake's style". Follow up with an Irish coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu. Unique drink menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Nice menu. Unique drink menu. Knowledgeable waiter. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- The service was great. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014The service was great. My filet mignon was undercooked. Otherwise it was delicious. My wine glass and fork were dirty so the server gave us free dessert and coffee. This is my second time there and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to ask waiter what theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2014Had to ask waiter what the specials were. Had a 7:30 reservation and were out of the dessert we wanted by the time we ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.