Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island
2172 Hempstead Tpke.,
East Meadow, NY 11554Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jakessteakhouse.com/long-island
- Phone: (516) 222-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Beberman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Jake's Steakhouse is available for Private Parties for 12-75 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for parties of 12-75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Justin McCarthy 5162228400x
A word from Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island
Jake's in East Meadow is a casual, yet sophisticated steakhouse serving the best steaks, chops, and seafood on Long Island. Complementing our excellent cuisine is our fine selection of craft beers available in our bar room as well as the outdoor beer garden. The bar and beer garden also feature an inventive menu of bar snacks, burgers, and sandwiches. Our staff is friendly and professional and we look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- lulu72Dined on 11/17/2014Lobster tails 2 bites & you are done. Too small for the price. Dessert -Fosted Devils Food Cake Donut was like eating cotton so dry. Server was great w/refills. Very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsZapcopdVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always a great meal. Who ever they have running the kitchen really knows what they are doing. Food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LauraDined on 11/8/2014Food, service, ambiance was great and we went Restaurant Week! I would highly recommend this restaurant. Will definitely revisitSpecial Features:
- Always a PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014I love coming to Jake's. The food and service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysZapcopdVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great dinner as always. Service was a little slow but in their defence they were very busy. Never had a bad meal here. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Maybe An Off NightMac3qDined on 10/17/2014We have been to Jakes 6-10 times and always had a good meal with great service. Booked dinner for two via app and upon arrival we were seated at the first table from the door with other booths and tables empty. My wife was starving so we didn't complain. Our server Julia (?) R brought our drink order and asked on her own if we wanted another table in the rear. We never asked but appreciated someone who saw there wasnt a need to seat guests near door with other tables open. My wife orderd a filet mignon which was fine. I had the beef short ribs which were a little dry and not much taste. Our side of mashed cauliflower with bacon was delicious but the creamed spinach just didnt taste right and we never ate it. Maybe an off nite at JakesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJakesDined on 10/17/2014Jakes is a very nice place, love the food, great service and very comfortable dinning room. We will go back many times and love the outdoor bar in the nice weather, love the indoor bar area in the winter very comfy and friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 10/17/2014Always cooked perfectly. Great fried calamari! Good drinks (not weak).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriserognorakDined on 10/2/2014Wanted to grab a steak with a buddy and couldn't travel far so tried this on a whim. Steak was big , tender and cooked to perfection. Flavorful au jus - didn't even pick up the salt shaker. Exceeded expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunnyluvsfoodDined on 9/20/2014Overall, the food was good, not great. I ordered lamb chops (medium), but they served them medium-well; which was a little disappointing. Our waiter, David, was very pleasant and personable. Atmosphere was nice. Would recommend if you want to go out for easy dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKeverylastbreathDined on 9/13/2014Food was ok, Filets were very good, did not like the lobster tails- smelled very fishy and did not taste fresh, very expensive for just fair food.Special Features:
- Excellent meal!livetoeatDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had dinner to celebrate a wedding anniversary and would return again for a special occasion. The meal was excellent from start to finish and the staff from the valet to the server were professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend Jakes to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth the drivesocialitedivaDined on 8/22/2014loved the relaxed Feeling of this restaurant, very comfortable environment, great energy friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's is great.TheKsssDined on 8/12/2014Food was superb. Gloria our waiter was very knowledgeable. Rib eye and T bone were both excellant. Also the Salmon was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lulu72Dined on 8/12/2014Great service & the best rice pudding:) Dinner was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's was Great!TonyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I rarely get a chance to experience the higher end of dining. So our time at Jake's was thooyughly enjoyed. Staring with the hostesses (one in training) to our superb waitress Gloria... Let me stop there. Though our meals were excellent, my wife and I both agree, Gloria is the reason for our extremely possitive review. She was engagingly entertaining. without being overbearing. She was exceptionally knowledgeable. ..and (if I may) cute too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 248 reviews are from the Jake's Steakhouse - Long Island reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014food was horrible...poorly cooked and tough...ordered portahouse for two...under cooked...raw in facct...sent it back and it couldnt be cut or chewed......$89 for that was robbery......the help was fine...efficent and friendly
- Great foodharmigDined on 7/19/2014First of all everything was delicious. The braised short rib is fall off the bone amazing. Pulled pork sliders great, crabcake ditto, guacamole terrific. Went for lunch at 12:30 on a Saturday - place was empty but it was perfect because I like quiet, no one rushed us, waiter was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014it was the first time i have eaten at jake's, and was very impressed, i will beSpecial Features:
- ZapcopdVIPDined on 7/1/2014Always satisfied with the food. Service however was a little slow on this visit. Wouldn't stop us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesome!!!SteaknWineDined on 6/28/2014Was my son's last meal before he went away to camp and he chose Jake's in East Meadow. So glad he did. We had a wonderful meal and tremendous service from our server Kirk. He was knowledgable, funny and engaging. Our appetizers and entrees arrived hot and in a timely manner. The GM, Justin, has complete control over the diningroom and makes sure that everyone feels comfortable. Of note: their bone-in NY Strip is absolutely delicious and I can't wait to go back for another. Great job Jake's. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- great waiter and managerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2014We took my son there for a milestone birthday. Outstanding food with good value. My wife and I had the $28 three course meal-appetizier(e.g. fried calamari, baked calms); main course- steaks including a nice short ribs, salmon; chicken parm; and a nice dessert. My son had the surf and turf-lobster tail and filet mignon-$48. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass and abt a dozen beers on tap including a couple of ales. Really nice inside bar and outside patio/bar area. Super knowledgeable and attentive waiter and manager(Justin). Justin bought us a round of drinks and signature appetizer. Super classy and much appreciated! We will be back and bring our friendsSpecial Features:
- NewgDined on 6/20/2014Beautiful Friday night, thought we would meet friends at the outdoor patio. Grabbed a table and waited, not only for our friends but for our beverages. It took forever to get a drink. When the drink did finally come it we horrible. Then the waiter forgot our appetizer order. ..then the salad dressing was like straight vinegar. The noise of Hempstaed tpk was loud as the trucks and motorcycles zoomed and rattled by. The table next to us was smoking....had a nice time catching up with friends but will not go back.
- PoorVertaeDined on 6/20/2014The worst steakhouse I and my family have ever experienced. Steak was very fatty, tough and improperly cooked. Service was no better. I can't say enough about had bad it was! The only highlight is that our dog enjoyed the steak grizzle and fat at home.
- windywayDined on 6/5/2014Food and service was excellent! Only real issue i had was they recently made all streets around the restaurant for residents only and the parking lot doesn't have nearly enough room for all of the customer cars so it basically leaves you with no other choice but to wait in the lot for someone to finish and leave so we could park. That made us a half hour late for our reservation...they had no other suggestions on where to park either. I dont know if they valet any other nights of the week but they had no valet when I was there on a Thursday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on dining experience123tessie10Dined on 5/31/2014Service was great,food very tasty prices a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTobettaVIPDined on 5/13/2014Four of us went out for a celebration. One person from our party had to send back his steak twice. It was very upsetting for all of us. We all order creamed spinach and it was unappetizing! Disgusting that is!
- WowMoheemDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing and the service was wonderful. I have fallen in love with this place. I love my steak rare and it was cooked to perfection. My children are picky eaters and they loved their seafood dish. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nocommunication idangerousondancefloorDined on 5/11/2014Kids did not eat free...we still had to pay for kids dessert..lack of communicationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 5/10/2014Fortunately we've been here several times so we WILL go back. This time was a bit disappointing. My shell steak special was tasteless - steak and veggies both! My husband's filet mignon was wonderful. Server (Kirk) was great.
- 4 hours of HeavenneedstogooutmoreDined on 5/3/2014We chose Jake's because it was equidistant between us and the other couple we were meeting. My husband and I were meeting our good friend's new beau for the first time and Jake's was perfect!! Our waiter, Paul was attentive but didn't hover. The food was fantastic and the drinks were potent! I had the 'grey goose Le fizz' and now I have to find the recipe to have it at home as well. We spent four hours catching up and getting to know our new friend. We never felt rushed to leave. I can;t wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood steakhouseNy18Dined on 5/3/2014Pleasant atmosphere great steaks and seafood. Save room for dessert overall great experience and service!Special Features:
- Loved the FoodTwinsMom37Dined on 5/2/2014We were drawn in due to restaurant week. I loved the food, especially the boneless short ribs, the wedge salad was good but a little too much dressing. I loved the chocolate pretzel martini. Not for everyone but if you like that type of drink, it's great. My only complaint is the service wasn't very good. We were left sitting for a while without anyone coming by. My glass was empty for a while before the waiter came back to ask if I wanted another one. Overall, though, I enjoyed it and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week winnerDSDdancemomDined on 4/30/2014Chose Jake's because it offered a restaurant week menu and is halfway between where my friend and I live. What a fabulous find. There was a huge selection on the menu, something for everyone. We had ordered fried calamari and I had mussels in white wine sauce as our appetizers. For dinner we chose salmon and chicken parmesan, which was served in the biggest portion known to man! Absolutely delicious! To dessert we chose brownie ala mode and Jake's cream pie, which wasn't what I expected. I believe that the restaurant offers a price fixe menu and I plan to return. Kirk was our server, great kid and extremely hospitable. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food some loud patronsFrankieboyDined on 4/29/2014We all enjoyed our meals at Jakes this week. All of the food was well prepared and very flavorful. The experience was nearly spoiled by some very loud people at another table. I had to change my seat so I could hear the other guests at my table. Fortunately the loud group left not long after we arrived. As far as the meal is concerned, I have nothing bad to say; everything was prepared exactly as I like it. In other words the food was a home run. The noise level was annoying.
- A Hidden GemMynewsteakhouseDined on 4/28/2014I took my Husband out for his Birthday after reading the reviews I decided to go to Jakes Steahouse. What a great decision. The hospitality was extended as soon as we entered the restaurant and it only got better as the evening progress. The food was excellent. The service great. I couldn't have found a better place to celebrate. I will definelty be returning. ( This was restaurant week and the menu has variety of great selections. Normally some restaurants are limited and don't offer great selections but Jakes didn't cut any corners). My suggestion is if you have never gone and are hesitant don't be you will not be disappointed it is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goog food & serviceEAlexDined on 4/28/2014The hospitality was excellent right from our entry to exit. Food was good too. We enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Prix fixe worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Dined on a Sunday night for prix fix prices and worth it. Would returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's SteakhouseTropsDined on 4/26/2014The food was great. Our server was very friendly. The only negative thing about the place is how long it took before having our food served to us. It was about a half hour or more & the restaurant wasn't even that busy. Other than that, it was a very cozy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysZapcopdVIPDined on 4/20/2014Excellent dinner. Been here several times including a large party. Never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.