21445 West Gumina Road
Brookfield, WI 53072Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakes-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (262) 781-7995
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 5pm - 9 pm
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
4:30 pm - Close Monday- Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jake Replogle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jake's specializes in creating custom experiences in a unique setting. Our staff and 3 dining room options can accommodate your next birthday party, family celebration, wedding reception or business event. Please contact Dan Wustrack at 262-781-7995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Jake's offers three distinct private dining options. Ranging in size from the intimate Rustic to the granduer of the Great Room. The crackle of the fireplace will welcome your guests to an unsurpassed dining experience. Custom menus are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Chanclier 8779255059
- Entertainment: Entertain your guests at Jake's restaurant. We offer 3 private dining rooms plus a great patio. Our rooms can accommodate from 8 guests - 80 guests. We can even cater gatherings in the comfort of your own home.
Monday Nights at Jake's has become a tradition with "Roll Back the Clock.". We offer Our Original 8 oz Filet with choice of our famous onion rings or potato.
Looking for that perfect holiday gifts? Purchase $100 in Jake's Gift Cards and receive a $20 bonus gift card. at Jake's Gift Cards can by purchased at Jake's Restaurant, via phone at 262-781-7995, or at jakes-restaurantgroup.com.
A word from Jake's Restaurant
Opened in 1960 by Jake Replogle, Jake's Restaurant has been a standby classic American steakhouse restaurant. Over the last 10 years, Jake Jr. has elevated the offerings by updating the original American steakhouse cuisine. Jake's Restaurant offers warm hospitality and genuine service in an historic 100 year old barn with a natural burning fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Jake's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Jake's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (59)romantic (49)notable wine list (44)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- jakesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014service very slow, filets were over cook onion rings over done
- Monday Special-Always GreatRipRoryDined on 11/10/2014We hit a fabulous happy hour with Jake's fantastic cheese spread and crackers, ordered some delicious oysters,enjoyed reduced priced wine and beer,and chatted with the personable bartenders. Once we were seated our server was friendly and food was served soon after ordering. Our steaks were delicious and prepared as ordered and who can resist the haystack onion straws? Nice night all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCam42Dined on 11/8/2014Jakes is a lovely place. You always feel special walking in and the service keeps that going. Excellent food with gourmet prep and presentation.Special Features:
- Great Food and Friendly StaffLaurieDined on 11/7/2014I'm visiting from NC and was pleasantly surprised with this find on UrbanSpoon. Amazing food. If you enjoy steak, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite restaurant for yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Jake's, as we always do. The service and ambiance were excellent, and the food was fabulous. We tried the lobster special, and it was prepared perfectly. One of the things we like about Jake's is that they have vegetables available as side dishes, and they always have a very nice wine selection. Jakes has made some changes to their menu over the years and it competes well with other fine dining spots in the Milwaukee area. It is a guaranteed delicious meal with attentive, competent service, in a comfortable, nice-casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal...goofy4foodDined on 11/7/2014Had a spectacular evening out with my wife as we experienced Jake's and its wonderful seasonal dishes. The squash soup and scotch eggs were incredible as was the rest of our dinner.Special Features:
- Dine in BrookfieldBrianDined on 11/6/2014Excellent as always and we loved the combo for the Dine in Brookfield event! Rob was a great server and everything was perfectly prepared. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short Ribs were great butTedVDined on 11/6/2014I wish they had more options for sides. The brussel sprouts were not as good as they used to be. I also think a salad should be included with the meal - you pay $30 for a dinner and if you want a salad, it replaces both of your sides.
- REVIEWOkeyDokeyDined on 11/3/2014The food was decent this time, the service was decent. Thats all there is to say about this time.Special Features:
- Jake's Excellent SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The steak is the best in Wisconsin in my opinion. The bar leaves something to be desired. I can't afford $10 for 4 oz. of wine. I don't understand the over priced bar. Apparently they don't want you to sit at the bar drinking. They serve the wine in a big, beautiful wine glass with less than an inch of wine in the glass, seriously. The food is very expensive. I don't mind the $49 for a steak but I think they could give you a potato with the meal. how much is a baking potato in the grocery store? 50 cents maybe. That was a shock, only a salad included with a fifty dollar steak dinner. We ordered the mushrooms and onion rings, they are fabulous and worth the money. All in all, fantastic steak and food. The bar prices are ridiculous.Special Features:
- I've had better food for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014For the price that was charged the food was not that great. My filet vaguely tasted like liver. The double baked potato had very large chunks of unmashed potato in them. However the onion rings and drinks were very good. I would have had a much better meal at a local restaurant called Boulder Junction for about 1/3 of the cost. Their steaks are excellent. HOWEVER - they do not have the nice atmosphere or music that Jake's has.Special Features:
- Friday fish fryHarleyDined on 10/24/2014While the service was most attentive, we found the menu to be overpricedSpecial Features:
- CorpDinerDined on 10/21/2014Great Food, excellent service, comfortable atmosphere, nice place for a Corporate group or romantic dinner for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Their steaks are the best and and the onion rings have been so for many years. The wait staff is seasoned and always attentive to your needs. There just isn't a better all around restaurant on the west side of Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Already planning on returningcon10t777Dined on 10/20/2014A friend invited me to Jake's to take advantage of their steak special, but once we got there and received the glorious descriptions of their fare, we upgraded without regret. In fact, because of Ryan's knowledge of how the food was prepared, I was motivated to try something I would usually avoid (and he was right . . . it's the first time I've enjoyed Brussels Sprouts!) Service was impeccable, warm and friendly. I'm already planning on inviting my DH to join me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Big DealDisappointedDined on 10/20/2014The special $13.95 tenderloin was not close to 8 oz but it was good. We were served our drinks and within a few minutes of ordering our food, it arrived. There was no time between to even take a few sips of our drinks and they were weak, small and expensive. I doubt that we will be back. It was just a fair dining experience. The menu did not even list the Monday night special. We had to ask for it.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Jake’s was warm and inviting from the moment we walked in until the time we left. The staff, especially Tina, our waitress, was wonderful: engaging and attentive but not intrusive. The food was wonderful, I had the Trio and it was fabulous and I would definitely order it again. We don’t get out as often as we’d like and this was a great way to spend our time and money. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freddyDined on 10/14/2014the food was very good but the drinks were a bit priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening!PianoladyDined on 10/13/2014My husband & I were celebrating our 30th anniversary. Shortly after we sat down, we were delivered 2 glasses of champagne! What a wonderful touch! The food was hot, delicious, and a good value for the quality received. Our server was wonderful, we felt valued and appreciated. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Old restaurant with a very old menu. Will never return. The restaurant needs to get into the 21st century in terms of what restaurants are serving today..
- Saturday Night DinnerFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...seating & service bad!PoptartDined on 10/11/2014Service was horrendous!! Our "table" was a micro booth shoved in a corner & EXTREMELY uncomfortable for 2 people! I've never seen an arrangement like that before & hopefully won't ever again! We were bumping elbows & couldn't even look at each other unless we completely turned our head to the side. We took turns positioning our legs so 1 of us could stretch them out to keep the blood flowing. Bartenders were clueless but that was managements fault for throwing new employees on the floor on a Friday night with absolutely no training! People complaining drinks were horrible. My diet coke was so watery I could see through it! Refills took forever! Only good thing was great steaks. I'm sure I can find those someplace more comfortable next time!Special Features:
- Go for the steakFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Went on a Friday. Nice crowd in all dining rooms and the bar area. The ambience reminded me of a cozy supper club. Our server was very attentive, but over-marketed some of the side items (my "life-changing" brussels sprouts and sweet potato were just meh). My steak and the scallops (my date shared a bite) were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 10/10/2014Tasty fish fry is a great dinner. Service is always friendly and timely. We had a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!GastroDined on 10/4/2014Jake's never disappoints! Their expanded menu gives a nod to current trends, yet maintains their standard -and excellent- fare.Special Features:
- Gra18Dined on 10/4/2014The French onion soup is superb. I had the duck with an orange sauce that was very tasty.Special Features:
- Disappointed- Long time customerKTGtownDined on 10/3/2014Jake's reg for yrs. - steaks & standbys still great. However, in the past 3 years the prices have really gone up - 2 sides w/entree but 2 veggie optns- the favs (asparagus/salad not included) Wine servings small -$10 / 5 oz. Ambiance is very crowded/chaotic no table covering- waiters were understaffed and ill-prepared for Friday night. We were able to get a reservation no problem but they could not seat us until 40 minutes after our time and then at that time we had to wait 15 minutes for drinks, waiter forgot to put in appetizer order and food was even later. The host did offer us free desserts after asking how our meal was but I am just really sad that things have fallen off to such a large proportion. Not sure that we will be back.Special Features:
- Jake's - a Jack in the Box...JohnnyBDined on 10/2/2014A pleasant surprise that is! The steaks were among the best we've ever had...and we eat out a lot and love steaks......We have a more "mundane" palette, but the menu items seemed to have wide enough variety to please everyone! We had eaten out the same week at Fox and Hounds and another steak place....they paled by comparison even though the pricing at Jake's is quite a bit higher...if you want great food, Jake's is the place to go!Special Features:
- Best Steak1401Dined on 10/2/2014This was the best steak that we have ever had. Enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:
- donloiDined on 9/27/2014Excellent choice for our 57th wedding anniversary. Good food, good service!Special Features:
- Monday special!BrianDined on 9/22/2014Such a great deal! Jake's always delivers a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for the qualityDogsLovedLeftoversDined on 9/20/2014The food was okay, but given the price, the steaks should have been great. There were a number of other groups around our table who had cell phones that were continually going off and were very disrupting, especially given the closeness of the tables and the small dining room (which was rude and inconsiderate). Tables are very small, especially for our table of 4. It was our first time back in many, many years and we believe it will be our last.
- FabulousRkatDined on 9/20/2014Anniversary dinner at Jake's did not disappoint. From the truffle honey bacon wrapped chestnuts to to excellent wine recommendation by Jake's wife to the fantastic ribeye for two, this place is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice, good food, great atmosphere, can't wait to come back again when the fireplace is litSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOkeyDokeyDined on 9/15/2014Steaks were above average, drinks were a bit below average, tables need covering, ie tablecloth, not a bare table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night SpecialLindaDined on 9/15/2014Jake's has one of the most reasonable tenderloin specials in town...would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- JakesmikeDined on 9/13/2014a long time patron of Jakes, we looked forward to going, after this last visit we are rethinking that. Seated promptly and greeted warmly. drinks were ordered along with appetizers. this was when things began to go south. the pace of the meal was just too fast, before we even got half way through our appetizer, the main course arrived. Dinning companions plates had very nice presentation, while mine was just meat with potato thrown on the plate.With the waitress seeming to hurry us along once we finished, very comfortable. we were at the table an hour from seating to when the manager asked us to move to the bar. I understand the need to move us if the place was packed, but it was not. In all ,food was great but speed of the service too fastSpecial Features:
- This place is okDinner4TwoDined on 9/12/2014The last few times that we have been to Jake's, the food & service have been disappointing. A place that charges like a 4-star restaurant ($150-200 for two people on average) should have 4-star service, and not consistently over cook their steaks. This time, our server had too many tables to take care of and was visibly frazzled. Left us to sit for 15 minutes at the table, forgot our drinks, read through specials on autopilot, etc. The food is always pretty good (minus the over cooked steaks). Hoping this place can turn it around though, it has potential if they can tighten up the service.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary at Jake's...againCityVinnyDined on 9/12/2014We had another wonderful steak dinner at Jake's Restaurant (The one on the hill) in Brookfield. Their steaks are always aged to perfection and melt in your mouth tender. We love the vinegar drizzled Brussels sprouts as a side. The wait staff is attentive and accommodating. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014I find anytime I dine at Jake's it's always worth it. Everything we tried was very good with the exception to the oysters which were dry. That tells me they were left over, or pre schucked at the beginning of service. Salads, and entrees were fabulous. Wine was a little overpriced, charging more than a lot of high end places downtown. Service was very good. Overall, I would recommend to anyone. Love the ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.