21445 West Gumina Road
Brookfield, WI 53072Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakes-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2627817995
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 5pm - 9 pm
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
4:30 pm - Close Monday- Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jake Replogle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jake's specializes in creating custom experiences in a unique setting. Our staff and 3 dining room options can accommodate your next birthday party, family celebration, wedding reception or business event. Please contact Dan Wustrack at 262-781-7995 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Jake's offers three distinct private dining options. Ranging in size from the intimate Rustic to the granduer of the Great Room. The crackle of the fireplace will welcome your guests to an unsurpassed dining experience. Custom menus are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Chanclier 8779255059
- Entertainment: Entertain your guests at Jake's restaurant. We offer 3 private dining rooms plus a great patio. Our rooms can accommodate from 8 guests - 80 guests. We can even cater gatherings in the comfort of your own home.
Monday Nights at Jake's has become a tradition with "Roll Back the Clock.". We offer Our Original 8 oz Filet with choice of our famous onion rings or potato.
Looking for that perfect holiday gifts? Purchase $100 in Jake's Gift Cards and receive a $20 bonus gift card. at Jake's Gift Cards can by purchased at Jake's Restaurant, via phone at 262-781-7995, or at jakes-restaurantgroup.com.
A word from Jake's Restaurant
Opened in 1960 by Jake Replogle, Jake's Restaurant has been a standby classic American steakhouse restaurant. Over the last 10 years, Jake Jr. has elevated the offerings by updating the original American steakhouse cuisine. Jake's Restaurant offers warm hospitality and genuine service in an historic 100 year old barn with a natural burning fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Jake's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Jake's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (55)romantic (53)notable wine list (41)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Steaks were above average, drinks were a bit below average, tables need covering, ie tablecloth, not a bare table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night SpecialLindaDined on 9/15/2014Jake's has one of the most reasonable tenderloin specials in town...would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- JakesmikeDined on 9/13/2014a long time patron of Jakes, we looked forward to going, after this last visit we are rethinking that. Seated promptly and greeted warmly. drinks were ordered along with appetizers. this was when things began to go south. the pace of the meal was just too fast, before we even got half way through our appetizer, the main course arrived. Dinning companions plates had very nice presentation, while mine was just meat with potato thrown on the plate.With the waitress seeming to hurry us along once we finished, very comfortable. we were at the table an hour from seating to when the manager asked us to move to the bar. I understand the need to move us if the place was packed, but it was not. In all ,food was great but speed of the service too fastSpecial Features:
- This place is okDinner4TwoDined on 9/12/2014The last few times that we have been to Jake's, the food & service have been disappointing. A place that charges like a 4-star restaurant ($150-200 for two people on average) should have 4-star service, and not consistently over cook their steaks. This time, our server had too many tables to take care of and was visibly frazzled. Left us to sit for 15 minutes at the table, forgot our drinks, read through specials on autopilot, etc. The food is always pretty good (minus the over cooked steaks). Hoping this place can turn it around though, it has potential if they can tighten up the service.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary at Jake's...againCityVinnyDined on 9/12/2014We had another wonderful steak dinner at Jake's Restaurant (The one on the hill) in Brookfield. Their steaks are always aged to perfection and melt in your mouth tender. We love the vinegar drizzled Brussels sprouts as a side. The wait staff is attentive and accommodating. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014I find anytime I dine at Jake's it's always worth it. Everything we tried was very good with the exception to the oysters which were dry. That tells me they were left over, or pre schucked at the beginning of service. Salads, and entrees were fabulous. Wine was a little overpriced, charging more than a lot of high end places downtown. Service was very good. Overall, I would recommend to anyone. Love the ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - drop in service?rickDined on 9/8/2014Food was great as always, but service was poor compared to past experiences. Bar service was bad - two bartenders ignored me & dried glasses unless the manager prompted then. Dining service was slow - waitress was clearly overstretched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealFoodiesDined on 9/8/2014We are regulars at Jakes, and always enjoy the food, waitstaff and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceShevakDined on 9/6/2014Most knowledgeable, attentive server we have ever had, we had a lot of questions about different menu items and though the restaurant was quite busy he took time to answer all our questions and made our experience very enjoyable. Rob was amazing, if you can request him; do so. We had a group of 6 and had a private room with chalkboard and chalk that we had a lot of fun with. Bartender was not on par with the level of service that is expected in this upper priced end restaurant. He was s-l-o-w and greeted us 3 times which means he was unaware of who was in his bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- docbjDined on 9/6/2014Very disappointed! We have been going to Jakes over 50 years. Not the same place anymore! We thought something was up when we got a rather late in the day ok for a reservation. Must have new owners or managers, will not plan on going back. Too bad, we had such fond memories of "good ol' Jakes>
- JBeNDined on 9/3/2014Food was superb. Steaks were excellent. Service outstanding.Special Features:
- pricey, but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Pricey but great food! Great place to eat, great service. Bar area very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatDaveDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants that we travel an hour to visit. Unfortunately, everything went wrong this time. We were seated 15 minutes late, which was no big deal. From then on everything was late and service was horrible. 40 minutes to get a burger and the fish fry from the time of ordering. No refills of water or opportunities to get ketchup (none served with a burger) or a second cup of tartar sauce. Fish was soggy. A hot fudge sundae ordered without nuts (food allergy) took 15 more minutes and when it finally arrived was coated in nuts. Sure hope they get things straightened out.
- Not worth itfoodiefamilyDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted warmly and seated right away with our reservation. However, the waitress was very forgetful and when she did bring things they were greatly delayed. We asked for water for our daughter and never got it. The host asked how many kids menus we needed and then never gave us one. Our wine was too warm and our appetizer of bacon wrapped water chestnuts was burnt and chewy. We waited over 30 minutes between our salads and entrees while people who were seated after us were almost finished. Every time my son made any noise at all, we were glared at by the people next to us. Definitely not the best place to take even well-behaved children. The main course was just average for the price but the brussel were delicious.
- Too bad, so sadelytheeelDined on 8/28/2014We have been Jake's fans since 60th and North. The host and bartender were scattered from the beginning, seating us 40 mintes after our res. The brussels sprouts salad lacked interest, the twice baked potatoes were dense and unseasoned, and the wine list was laughable, including several bottles in the $250-450 range, fine in a more upscale foodie joint, but not here. Burgers overcooked and sent back. My wife and her sister always hit Jake's when she visits, celebrating birthdays and such (and they DO give the celebrant a nice sundae), and they will probably return, but I will be following the words of Taylor Swift: never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again...I am too old to waste my time and money on so-so food and horrible service.Special Features:
- Diner from SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A larger table and a more comfortable chair would make this restaurant fit for the extended meal and conversation spot it is. Our server, the Colonel's daughter, knew her role was to make it light and fun for us and she excelled. Food and drink were memorable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food for a great price on Monday night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Good food for the price. Nice to know one restaurant can be consistent with all of the competition and the need to be hip and trendy. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- gabby1Dined on 8/25/2014We have always had great service, and the food is ALWAYS delish!!!Special Features:
- Thanks!Praise789Dined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful meal!! Our server, Rob, was just amazing! My husband and love dining at Jakes! We have yet to be disappointed in anything! Thanks tons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!LeonaDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant called prior to thank us for our reservation and were looking forward to seeing us! The bar staff was very friendly, attentive and educated about their offerings. They had some nice innovative drinks on their menu. Our waitress was amazing, remembering every little special request that we asked for. She made suggestions and did a check back to see that everything was as we had ordered. Someone in our party ordered the duck and it was perfectly cooked - very crisp skin and superbly moist and tender. It was served on top of a bed of apricot wild rice which was the perfect side for it. Others had steak and while cooked as ordered, there was a seasoning that seemed to be missing. The double baked potatoes are decadentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOnday night dinningliketodineoutDined on 8/18/2014We believe Jakes steaks are among the best served in the Milwaukee area and we wanted to see if the steak special priced at $12. was equal to their regular steak. I can report it is every bit as good and we were very pleased with the Monday night dinning experience. I would not hesitate to recommend going on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findBauerDined on 8/16/2014We came across Jakes last year on accident and what a find it was. 12 of us completed the Dirty Dirl challenge and I was in charge of dinner reservations. The entire group was simply amazed at the quality of the good. And the service was to match! Thank you so much! You will have us coming back again and again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRichfieldDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Jake's several times and have always been extremely satisfied… this time was not such a good experience … our server was not very accommodating and as in the past we were not given our choice of potato (we had the fish fry), as a side choice we asked for a small portion of the onion strings but were told they could not do that because it was not part of the side choice selection, when in the past we were given that choice. The fish was just ok, not the meaty fish loins we are use to. The food was good but not up to par with past experiences at Jakes.Special Features:
- Long time customerluv2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014I have been eating at Jake's for a long time. Always a fantastic meal with great service. Thanks for a great night again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014Fantastic food and bartender!!! Very rustic inside . Wonderful steaks and seafood!!! Must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sparkyDined on 8/13/2014It was our first time to Jake's and what a find. We took very good friends there and we were all impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterKimboDined on 8/11/2014We've been going to Jakes for several years. Four diners, ordered Kansas Strip, bone in ribeye, duck, filet. Duck and filet were very good. The strip was not tender and was gristly, not great. The bone in ribeye had so much garlic on it that you couldn't taste the flavor of the meat and , it also wasn't very tender. The sides were great as were the appetizers. Hate to say it, but the meat is better at Flemings. Jakes should have stuck to the good ole' steakhouse menu that they had for years and stop trying to match the 'foodie' places, now they are no better than Mr. B's. I doubt I'll be heading back to Jakes for a long time.Special Features:
- You Can't Go Home AgainJudithKayDined on 8/11/2014My ex and I had fond memories of eating at Jakes back when it was on 60th & North. I took him there for his birthday on a Monday when they have a good deal to offer on the 6 oz. steak and onion rings. The steaks were ordered medium and medium rare and looked exactly the same. The onion rings were cold, and about half the amount we expected. We realize that it was a busy night, but that's no excuse. We all are expected to do 100% on days when our jobs are busy. The worst part was that the drinks were 75% of the price of the steak. Come on! $8.00 is steep for a CC and water, even in 2014. And there certainly isn't a romantic ambience... not even a table cloth.Special Features:
- jcoolyDined on 8/9/2014presentation was unimpressive. Steak served on a bare white plate. even a sprig of some kind of green would have helped.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 8/9/2014I never have a bad meal when I visit Jakes. I had the duck and it was very good. And the waitstaff is always so nice . It is our go to place for a good and comfortable meal with our family.Special Features:
- Great experiencemarypDined on 8/8/2014Always a treat to get out to Jake's and enjoy their fabulous food. The halibut special was phenomenal as well as all the sides and appetizers.Special Features:
- Wonderfulluv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have to say this is a great restaurant. The service and food were amazing!! I really enjoyed our experience and will come back again.Special Features:
- BACK TO COLLEGE DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014WE ENJOYED THE SPECIAL ROOM FOR EIGHT PEOPLE. EVERYONE LIKED IT AND THE CHALK BOARD WAS ENTERTAINING. OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN CHOSE JAKE'S FOR GRANDMA AND GRANDPA TO TAKE THEM TO DINNER FOR GOING BACK TO COLLEGE DINNER. SEVEN OUT OF EIGHT ORDERED THE MONDAY NIGHT SPECIAL WHICH WAS VERY ENJOYABLE AND AFFORDABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have known it for yearsmayorDined on 8/2/2014Honestly, our family group that went to dinner spread 12 years in age with me as the oldest at 60. We were recalling our past visits to Jakes and remembering the high school Prom and Homecoming visits. Jakes was always a favorite of my late Father-in-law, so through the years, we had been there many times. We were very plesently surprised on this visit. The new ownership was seriously on their game. They had openned up windows, new table tops, new lighting, revamped bar area and created a delightful looking outdoor dinning area. The menu was familiar, but current and a bit more upscale. The staff was very cordial and accommodating. The manager stopped and chatted. The food was awesome. To a person, no one could come up with a fault anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Tod65Dined on 8/2/2014Salads, Filet Trio and sides were all good. Nice wine list and offered some "special" wines as well. Dining room was comfortable. I noticed a small side by side booth in the corner. As we were celebrating our anniversary, I asked to move over and the server was happy to accommodate us. This was our first time to visit Jake's and we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- You've never failed me yet!Praise789Dined on 8/1/2014Thank you for your awesome service and amazing food! I have yet to receive less than awesome service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonameDined on 7/31/2014The service was the worst ever at any restraunt we have gone to. The menu did not say everything would be with garlic,which ours was so bad we could not eat it. The waiter disappeared for ten minutes at a time ,and at the end of our meal never showed up to close out our bill,another server had to finish.
- Shadow of itselfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I am not sure what happened to the. Old Jakes But this is not even close and has lost ground to the many steak houses that serve steaks that are far superior to the food at Jakes. I won't go back Too many better options
- hansahnDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food, fair service on the night of my visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.