Jake's Restaurant & Saloon
2701 1st Ave N
Billings, MT 59101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Jake's Restaurant & Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jakesbillings.com/
- Phone: 4062599375x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two separate rooms that can accommodate up to 35 people.
Separate bar that can be reserved for groups of over 50.
Jake's has the ability to accommodate parties of up to 80 people for lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Berube 4062599375x
A word from Jake's Restaurant & Saloon
Jake's Restaurant and Saloon is Montana's Premiere Steakhouse. Located in the heart of downtown Billings, Jake's has been recognized by the community as the best restaurant in Billings for 2012 and 2013. Known for its mouthwatering steaks, Jake's also offers a wide range of menu items ranging from seafood to duck, or enjoy our casual bar menu served in both of our bars. You will find a great selection of wine, domestic, import, and local craft beers as well as the most popular spirits. Let Jake's give you a dining experience to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Jake's Restaurant & Saloon - Best Restaurants in Billings ›
Jake's Restaurant & Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Yummy go to PlacePowellishomeDined on 9/11/2014When in Billings Montana this should definitely be on your list of places to eat. Its a sure fire delight for taking friends and family when in town. My friends and I all had delicious meals and definitely enjoyed our experience. Highly recommend the dining room or for a more casual experience have a FANTASTIC buffalo burger in the bar.Special Features:
- Don't goJimMDined on 9/8/2014If you visit Billings, don't go to this location. the place downtown is so far above this location it isn't worth talking about. The server was surly, prissy, and down right rude. It took over 50 minutes to get dinner. This was after a chat with the manager. All I heard was apologies, and no action. The server ignored our table. The management fell down when she didn't come over to check on the situation. The only thing that was semi-decent was they comped the food. I repeat, do not go to this location. Go the one downtown. You will not be disappointed. Much better atmosphere, setting, and service. The food was also better. I had the "ballpark" sirloin. what ever that is. The steak almost had a gritty texture.
- Jakes fine diningJRsteakDined on 9/8/2014The dinner & service was excellent. Well worth the time & really resonable cost. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureZancansDined on 8/29/2014We look forward to a special meal here when we come to town for annual car show, sometimes with a group and sometimes just us but always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakzippleDined on 8/23/2014By far the best Ribeye steak in Billings for flavor and cut of meat. The Dungeness crab appetizer was to die for. The waitress was quirky and fun and made the evening a success.Special Features:
- Not great for anniversary dinnerAlhart10Dined on 8/8/2014We went to Jake's for our anniversary dinner, which was a mistake. Seating in even one of their smaller rooms is very loud if there is a large or loud group in it. Our food was fine and service is good, but you know it's loud when you walk out through the bar afterward and think it's quiet and you should have just eaten there!Special Features:
- great locationnorbertDined on 8/4/2014very good Restaurant, fantastic Baby ribs, like to come backSpecial Features:
- DisappointedSaltnPepperDined on 6/28/2014We had heard about Jakes for some time but honestly for an upscale steakhouse, it was a disappointment. The service was exceptional but the food was below average. I had an appetizer that consisted of Serling deep fried in some sort of batter. Frankly, all I tased was the batter. It was straight out of a county fair. My wife had a filet. The quality of the cut was excellent but it seemed there was absolutely no seasoning. I've had as good of a steak coming from my own grill at home. Based on this visit, I would be hard pressed to recommend it to anyone.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Jake's Restaurant & Saloon reviews archive.
- Definitely a come-back placespike59101Dined on 6/14/2014Really enjoyed dinner @ Jake's. Food was great, our waiter, Peter, was phenomenal!Special Features:
- 44th anniversaryPapawDined on 6/6/2014A great meal and excellent service. Five stars go to our waiter (Pete) and the chef. Wish they had a place in our home state.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet ever!Wine7RomanceDined on 5/20/2014My boyfriend ordered the chef's favorite- the baseball sirloin, and I ordered the bacon wrapped filet-blackened. The filet was the best I had ever tasted and my beau tasted it and agreed that my steak was so much better than his (although his was good...) The blackened filet had so much flavor and was melt-in-your-mouth tender. Absolutely, hands down, the best ever. We shared a bottle of "Feather" Cabernet Sauvignon from the Columbia Valley ($84), decanted, and it was perfect as well.Special Features: