21445 West Gumina Road
Brookfield, WI 53072Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakes-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2627817995
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 5pm - 9 pm
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
4:30 pm - Close Monday- Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jake Replogle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jake's specializes in creating custom experiences in a unique setting. Our staff and 3 dining room options can accommodate your next birthday party, family celebration, wedding reception or business event. Please contact Dan Wustrack at 262-781-7995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Jake's offers three distinct private dining options. Ranging in size from the intimate Rustic to the granduer of the Great Room. The crackle of the fireplace will welcome your guests to an unsurpassed dining experience. Custom menus are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Chanclier 8779255059
- Entertainment: Entertain your guests at Jake's restaurant. We offer 3 private dining rooms plus a great patio. Our rooms can accommodate from 8 guests - 80 guests. We can even cater gatherings in the comfort of your own home.
Monday Nights at Jake's has become a tradition with "Roll Back the Clock.". We offer Our Original 8 oz Filet with choice of our famous onion rings or potato.
Looking for that perfect holiday gifts? Purchase $100 in Jake's Gift Cards and receive a $20 bonus gift card. at Jake's Gift Cards can by purchased at Jake's Restaurant, via phone at 262-781-7995, or at jakes-restaurantgroup.com.
A word from Jake's Restaurant
Opened in 1960 by Jake Replogle, Jake's Restaurant has been a standby classic American steakhouse restaurant. Over the last 10 years, Jake Jr. has elevated the offerings by updating the original American steakhouse cuisine. Jake's Restaurant offers warm hospitality and genuine service in an historic 100 year old barn with a natural burning fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Jake's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Jake's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (50)romantic (43)notable wine list (38)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014the food was very good but the drinks were a bit priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening!PianoladyDined on 10/13/2014My husband & I were celebrating our 30th anniversary. Shortly after we sat down, we were delivered 2 glasses of champagne! What a wonderful touch! The food was hot, delicious, and a good value for the quality received. Our server was wonderful, we felt valued and appreciated. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...seating & service bad!PoptartDined on 10/11/2014Service was horrendous!! Our "table" was a micro booth shoved in a corner & EXTREMELY uncomfortable for 2 people! I've never seen an arrangement like that before & hopefully won't ever again! We were bumping elbows & couldn't even look at each other unless we completely turned our head to the side. We took turns positioning our legs so 1 of us could stretch them out to keep the blood flowing. Bartenders were clueless but that was managements fault for throwing new employees on the floor on a Friday night with absolutely no training! People complaining drinks were horrible. My diet coke was so watery I could see through it! Refills took forever! Only good thing was great steaks. I'm sure I can find those someplace more comfortable next time!Special Features:
- Go for the steakFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Went on a Friday. Nice crowd in all dining rooms and the bar area. The ambience reminded me of a cozy supper club. Our server was very attentive, but over-marketed some of the side items (my "life-changing" brussels sprouts and sweet potato were just meh). My steak and the scallops (my date shared a bite) were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 10/10/2014Tasty fish fry is a great dinner. Service is always friendly and timely. We had a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!GastroDined on 10/4/2014Jake's never disappoints! Their expanded menu gives a nod to current trends, yet maintains their standard -and excellent- fare.Special Features:
- Gra18Dined on 10/4/2014The French onion soup is superb. I had the duck with an orange sauce that was very tasty.Special Features:
- Disappointed- Long time customerKTGtownDined on 10/3/2014Jake's reg for yrs. - steaks & standbys still great. However, in the past 3 years the prices have really gone up - 2 sides w/entree but 2 veggie optns- the favs (asparagus/salad not included) Wine servings small -$10 / 5 oz. Ambiance is very crowded/chaotic no table covering- waiters were understaffed and ill-prepared for Friday night. We were able to get a reservation no problem but they could not seat us until 40 minutes after our time and then at that time we had to wait 15 minutes for drinks, waiter forgot to put in appetizer order and food was even later. The host did offer us free desserts after asking how our meal was but I am just really sad that things have fallen off to such a large proportion. Not sure that we will be back.Special Features:
- Jake's - a Jack in the Box...JohnnyBDined on 10/2/2014A pleasant surprise that is! The steaks were among the best we've ever had...and we eat out a lot and love steaks......We have a more "mundane" palette, but the menu items seemed to have wide enough variety to please everyone! We had eaten out the same week at Fox and Hounds and another steak place....they paled by comparison even though the pricing at Jake's is quite a bit higher...if you want great food, Jake's is the place to go!Special Features:
- Best Steak1401Dined on 10/2/2014This was the best steak that we have ever had. Enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:
- donloiDined on 9/27/2014Excellent choice for our 57th wedding anniversary. Good food, good service!Special Features:
- Monday special!BrianDined on 9/22/2014Such a great deal! Jake's always delivers a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for the qualityDogsLovedLeftoversDined on 9/20/2014The food was okay, but given the price, the steaks should have been great. There were a number of other groups around our table who had cell phones that were continually going off and were very disrupting, especially given the closeness of the tables and the small dining room (which was rude and inconsiderate). Tables are very small, especially for our table of 4. It was our first time back in many, many years and we believe it will be our last.
- FabulousRkatDined on 9/20/2014Anniversary dinner at Jake's did not disappoint. From the truffle honey bacon wrapped chestnuts to to excellent wine recommendation by Jake's wife to the fantastic ribeye for two, this place is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice, good food, great atmosphere, can't wait to come back again when the fireplace is litSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Steaks were above average, drinks were a bit below average, tables need covering, ie tablecloth, not a bare table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night SpecialLindaDined on 9/15/2014Jake's has one of the most reasonable tenderloin specials in town...would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- JakesmikeDined on 9/13/2014a long time patron of Jakes, we looked forward to going, after this last visit we are rethinking that. Seated promptly and greeted warmly. drinks were ordered along with appetizers. this was when things began to go south. the pace of the meal was just too fast, before we even got half way through our appetizer, the main course arrived. Dinning companions plates had very nice presentation, while mine was just meat with potato thrown on the plate.With the waitress seeming to hurry us along once we finished, very comfortable. we were at the table an hour from seating to when the manager asked us to move to the bar. I understand the need to move us if the place was packed, but it was not. In all ,food was great but speed of the service too fastSpecial Features:
- This place is okDinner4TwoDined on 9/12/2014The last few times that we have been to Jake's, the food & service have been disappointing. A place that charges like a 4-star restaurant ($150-200 for two people on average) should have 4-star service, and not consistently over cook their steaks. This time, our server had too many tables to take care of and was visibly frazzled. Left us to sit for 15 minutes at the table, forgot our drinks, read through specials on autopilot, etc. The food is always pretty good (minus the over cooked steaks). Hoping this place can turn it around though, it has potential if they can tighten up the service.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary at Jake's...againCityVinnyDined on 9/12/2014We had another wonderful steak dinner at Jake's Restaurant (The one on the hill) in Brookfield. Their steaks are always aged to perfection and melt in your mouth tender. We love the vinegar drizzled Brussels sprouts as a side. The wait staff is attentive and accommodating. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014I find anytime I dine at Jake's it's always worth it. Everything we tried was very good with the exception to the oysters which were dry. That tells me they were left over, or pre schucked at the beginning of service. Salads, and entrees were fabulous. Wine was a little overpriced, charging more than a lot of high end places downtown. Service was very good. Overall, I would recommend to anyone. Love the ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - drop in service?rickDined on 9/8/2014Food was great as always, but service was poor compared to past experiences. Bar service was bad - two bartenders ignored me & dried glasses unless the manager prompted then. Dining service was slow - waitress was clearly overstretched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealFoodiesDined on 9/8/2014We are regulars at Jakes, and always enjoy the food, waitstaff and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceShevakDined on 9/6/2014Most knowledgeable, attentive server we have ever had, we had a lot of questions about different menu items and though the restaurant was quite busy he took time to answer all our questions and made our experience very enjoyable. Rob was amazing, if you can request him; do so. We had a group of 6 and had a private room with chalkboard and chalk that we had a lot of fun with. Bartender was not on par with the level of service that is expected in this upper priced end restaurant. He was s-l-o-w and greeted us 3 times which means he was unaware of who was in his bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- docbjDined on 9/6/2014Very disappointed! We have been going to Jakes over 50 years. Not the same place anymore! We thought something was up when we got a rather late in the day ok for a reservation. Must have new owners or managers, will not plan on going back. Too bad, we had such fond memories of "good ol' Jakes>
- JBeNDined on 9/3/2014Food was superb. Steaks were excellent. Service outstanding.Special Features:
- pricey, but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Pricey but great food! Great place to eat, great service. Bar area very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatDaveDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants that we travel an hour to visit. Unfortunately, everything went wrong this time. We were seated 15 minutes late, which was no big deal. From then on everything was late and service was horrible. 40 minutes to get a burger and the fish fry from the time of ordering. No refills of water or opportunities to get ketchup (none served with a burger) or a second cup of tartar sauce. Fish was soggy. A hot fudge sundae ordered without nuts (food allergy) took 15 more minutes and when it finally arrived was coated in nuts. Sure hope they get things straightened out.
- Not worth itfoodiefamilyDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted warmly and seated right away with our reservation. However, the waitress was very forgetful and when she did bring things they were greatly delayed. We asked for water for our daughter and never got it. The host asked how many kids menus we needed and then never gave us one. Our wine was too warm and our appetizer of bacon wrapped water chestnuts was burnt and chewy. We waited over 30 minutes between our salads and entrees while people who were seated after us were almost finished. Every time my son made any noise at all, we were glared at by the people next to us. Definitely not the best place to take even well-behaved children. The main course was just average for the price but the brussel were delicious.
- Too bad, so sadelytheeelDined on 8/28/2014We have been Jake's fans since 60th and North. The host and bartender were scattered from the beginning, seating us 40 mintes after our res. The brussels sprouts salad lacked interest, the twice baked potatoes were dense and unseasoned, and the wine list was laughable, including several bottles in the $250-450 range, fine in a more upscale foodie joint, but not here. Burgers overcooked and sent back. My wife and her sister always hit Jake's when she visits, celebrating birthdays and such (and they DO give the celebrant a nice sundae), and they will probably return, but I will be following the words of Taylor Swift: never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again...I am too old to waste my time and money on so-so food and horrible service.Special Features:
- Diner from SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A larger table and a more comfortable chair would make this restaurant fit for the extended meal and conversation spot it is. Our server, the Colonel's daughter, knew her role was to make it light and fun for us and she excelled. Food and drink were memorable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food for a great price on Monday night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Good food for the price. Nice to know one restaurant can be consistent with all of the competition and the need to be hip and trendy. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- gabby1Dined on 8/25/2014We have always had great service, and the food is ALWAYS delish!!!Special Features:
- Thanks!Praise789Dined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful meal!! Our server, Rob, was just amazing! My husband and love dining at Jakes! We have yet to be disappointed in anything! Thanks tons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!LeonaDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant called prior to thank us for our reservation and were looking forward to seeing us! The bar staff was very friendly, attentive and educated about their offerings. They had some nice innovative drinks on their menu. Our waitress was amazing, remembering every little special request that we asked for. She made suggestions and did a check back to see that everything was as we had ordered. Someone in our party ordered the duck and it was perfectly cooked - very crisp skin and superbly moist and tender. It was served on top of a bed of apricot wild rice which was the perfect side for it. Others had steak and while cooked as ordered, there was a seasoning that seemed to be missing. The double baked potatoes are decadentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOnday night dinningliketodineoutDined on 8/18/2014We believe Jakes steaks are among the best served in the Milwaukee area and we wanted to see if the steak special priced at $12. was equal to their regular steak. I can report it is every bit as good and we were very pleased with the Monday night dinning experience. I would not hesitate to recommend going on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findBauerDined on 8/16/2014We came across Jakes last year on accident and what a find it was. 12 of us completed the Dirty Dirl challenge and I was in charge of dinner reservations. The entire group was simply amazed at the quality of the good. And the service was to match! Thank you so much! You will have us coming back again and again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRichfieldDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Jake's several times and have always been extremely satisfied… this time was not such a good experience … our server was not very accommodating and as in the past we were not given our choice of potato (we had the fish fry), as a side choice we asked for a small portion of the onion strings but were told they could not do that because it was not part of the side choice selection, when in the past we were given that choice. The fish was just ok, not the meaty fish loins we are use to. The food was good but not up to par with past experiences at Jakes.Special Features: