21445 West Gumina Road
Brookfield, WI 53072Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakes-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2627817995
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 5pm - 9 pm
Tuesday - Thursday 5:30pm - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
4:30 pm - Close Monday- Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jake Replogle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jake's specializes in creating custom experiences in a unique setting. Our staff and 3 dining room options can accommodate your next birthday party, family celebration, wedding reception or business event. Please contact Dan Wustrack at 262-781-7995 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Jake's offers three distinct private dining options. Ranging in size from the intimate Rustic to the granduer of the Great Room. The crackle of the fireplace will welcome your guests to an unsurpassed dining experience. Custom menus are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Chanclier 8779255059
- Entertainment: Entertain your guests at Jake's restaurant. We offer 3 private dining rooms plus a great patio. Our rooms can accommodate from 8 guests - 80 guests. We can even cater gatherings in the comfort of your own home.
Monday Nights at Jake's has become a tradition with "Roll Back the Clock.". We offer Our Original 8 oz Filet with choice of our famous onion rings or potato.
Looking for that perfect holiday gifts? Purchase $100 in Jake's Gift Cards and receive a $20 bonus gift card. at Jake's Gift Cards can by purchased at Jake's Restaurant, via phone at 262-781-7995, or at jakes-restaurantgroup.com.
A word from Jake's Restaurant
Opened in 1960 by Jake Replogle, Jake's Restaurant has been a standby classic American steakhouse restaurant. Over the last 10 years, Jake Jr. has elevated the offerings by updating the original American steakhouse cuisine. Jake's Restaurant offers warm hospitality and genuine service in an historic 100 year old barn with a natural burning fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Jake's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
Jake's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (50)notable wine list (42)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- pricey, but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Pricey but great food! Great place to eat, great service. Bar area very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatDaveDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants that we travel an hour to visit. Unfortunately, everything went wrong this time. We were seated 15 minutes late, which was no big deal. From then on everything was late and service was horrible. 40 minutes to get a burger and the fish fry from the time of ordering. No refills of water or opportunities to get ketchup (none served with a burger) or a second cup of tartar sauce. Fish was soggy. A hot fudge sundae ordered without nuts (food allergy) took 15 more minutes and when it finally arrived was coated in nuts. Sure hope they get things straightened out.
- Not worth itfoodiefamilyDined on 8/29/2014We were greeted warmly and seated right away with our reservation. However, the waitress was very forgetful and when she did bring things they were greatly delayed. We asked for water for our daughter and never got it. The host asked how many kids menus we needed and then never gave us one. Our wine was too warm and our appetizer of bacon wrapped water chestnuts was burnt and chewy. We waited over 30 minutes between our salads and entrees while people who were seated after us were almost finished. Every time my son made any noise at all, we were glared at by the people next to us. Definitely not the best place to take even well-behaved children. The main course was just average for the price but the brussel were delicious.
- Too bad, so sadelytheeelDined on 8/28/2014We have been Jake's fans since 60th and North. The host and bartender were scattered from the beginning, seating us 40 mintes after our res. The brussels sprouts salad lacked interest, the twice baked potatoes were dense and unseasoned, and the wine list was laughable, including several bottles in the $250-450 range, fine in a more upscale foodie joint, but not here. Burgers overcooked and sent back. My wife and her sister always hit Jake's when she visits, celebrating birthdays and such (and they DO give the celebrant a nice sundae), and they will probably return, but I will be following the words of Taylor Swift: never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever again...I am too old to waste my time and money on so-so food and horrible service.Special Features:
- Diner from SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014A larger table and a more comfortable chair would make this restaurant fit for the extended meal and conversation spot it is. Our server, the Colonel's daughter, knew her role was to make it light and fun for us and she excelled. Food and drink were memorable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great food for a great price on Monday night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Good food for the price. Nice to know one restaurant can be consistent with all of the competition and the need to be hip and trendy. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- gabby1Dined on 8/25/2014We have always had great service, and the food is ALWAYS delish!!!Special Features:
- Thanks!Praise789Dined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful meal!! Our server, Rob, was just amazing! My husband and love dining at Jakes! We have yet to be disappointed in anything! Thanks tons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!LeonaDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant called prior to thank us for our reservation and were looking forward to seeing us! The bar staff was very friendly, attentive and educated about their offerings. They had some nice innovative drinks on their menu. Our waitress was amazing, remembering every little special request that we asked for. She made suggestions and did a check back to see that everything was as we had ordered. Someone in our party ordered the duck and it was perfectly cooked - very crisp skin and superbly moist and tender. It was served on top of a bed of apricot wild rice which was the perfect side for it. Others had steak and while cooked as ordered, there was a seasoning that seemed to be missing. The double baked potatoes are decadentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOnday night dinningliketodineoutDined on 8/18/2014We believe Jakes steaks are among the best served in the Milwaukee area and we wanted to see if the steak special priced at $12. was equal to their regular steak. I can report it is every bit as good and we were very pleased with the Monday night dinning experience. I would not hesitate to recommend going on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findBauerDined on 8/16/2014We came across Jakes last year on accident and what a find it was. 12 of us completed the Dirty Dirl challenge and I was in charge of dinner reservations. The entire group was simply amazed at the quality of the good. And the service was to match! Thank you so much! You will have us coming back again and again!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRichfieldDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Jake's several times and have always been extremely satisfied… this time was not such a good experience … our server was not very accommodating and as in the past we were not given our choice of potato (we had the fish fry), as a side choice we asked for a small portion of the onion strings but were told they could not do that because it was not part of the side choice selection, when in the past we were given that choice. The fish was just ok, not the meaty fish loins we are use to. The food was good but not up to par with past experiences at Jakes.Special Features:
- Long time customerluv2dineVIPDined on 8/13/2014I have been eating at Jake's for a long time. Always a fantastic meal with great service. Thanks for a great night again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014Fantastic food and bartender!!! Very rustic inside . Wonderful steaks and seafood!!! Must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterKimboDined on 8/11/2014We've been going to Jakes for several years. Four diners, ordered Kansas Strip, bone in ribeye, duck, filet. Duck and filet were very good. The strip was not tender and was gristly, not great. The bone in ribeye had so much garlic on it that you couldn't taste the flavor of the meat and , it also wasn't very tender. The sides were great as were the appetizers. Hate to say it, but the meat is better at Flemings. Jakes should have stuck to the good ole' steakhouse menu that they had for years and stop trying to match the 'foodie' places, now they are no better than Mr. B's. I doubt I'll be heading back to Jakes for a long time.Special Features:
- You Can't Go Home AgainJudithKayDined on 8/11/2014My ex and I had fond memories of eating at Jakes back when it was on 60th & North. I took him there for his birthday on a Monday when they have a good deal to offer on the 6 oz. steak and onion rings. The steaks were ordered medium and medium rare and looked exactly the same. The onion rings were cold, and about half the amount we expected. We realize that it was a busy night, but that's no excuse. We all are expected to do 100% on days when our jobs are busy. The worst part was that the drinks were 75% of the price of the steak. Come on! $8.00 is steep for a CC and water, even in 2014. And there certainly isn't a romantic ambience... not even a table cloth.Special Features:
- jcoolyDined on 8/9/2014presentation was unimpressive. Steak served on a bare white plate. even a sprig of some kind of green would have helped.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 8/9/2014I never have a bad meal when I visit Jakes. I had the duck and it was very good. And the waitstaff is always so nice . It is our go to place for a good and comfortable meal with our family.Special Features:
- Great experiencemarypDined on 8/8/2014Always a treat to get out to Jake's and enjoy their fabulous food. The halibut special was phenomenal as well as all the sides and appetizers.Special Features:
- Wonderfulluv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have to say this is a great restaurant. The service and food were amazing!! I really enjoyed our experience and will come back again.Special Features:
- BACK TO COLLEGE DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014WE ENJOYED THE SPECIAL ROOM FOR EIGHT PEOPLE. EVERYONE LIKED IT AND THE CHALK BOARD WAS ENTERTAINING. OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN CHOSE JAKE'S FOR GRANDMA AND GRANDPA TO TAKE THEM TO DINNER FOR GOING BACK TO COLLEGE DINNER. SEVEN OUT OF EIGHT ORDERED THE MONDAY NIGHT SPECIAL WHICH WAS VERY ENJOYABLE AND AFFORDABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have known it for yearsmayorDined on 8/2/2014Honestly, our family group that went to dinner spread 12 years in age with me as the oldest at 60. We were recalling our past visits to Jakes and remembering the high school Prom and Homecoming visits. Jakes was always a favorite of my late Father-in-law, so through the years, we had been there many times. We were very plesently surprised on this visit. The new ownership was seriously on their game. They had openned up windows, new table tops, new lighting, revamped bar area and created a delightful looking outdoor dinning area. The menu was familiar, but current and a bit more upscale. The staff was very cordial and accommodating. The manager stopped and chatted. The food was awesome. To a person, no one could come up with a fault anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Tod65Dined on 8/2/2014Salads, Filet Trio and sides were all good. Nice wine list and offered some "special" wines as well. Dining room was comfortable. I noticed a small side by side booth in the corner. As we were celebrating our anniversary, I asked to move over and the server was happy to accommodate us. This was our first time to visit Jake's and we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- You've never failed me yet!Praise789Dined on 8/1/2014Thank you for your awesome service and amazing food! I have yet to receive less than awesome service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonameDined on 7/31/2014The service was the worst ever at any restraunt we have gone to. The menu did not say everything would be with garlic,which ours was so bad we could not eat it. The waiter disappeared for ten minutes at a time ,and at the end of our meal never showed up to close out our bill,another server had to finish.
- Shadow of itselfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I am not sure what happened to the. Old Jakes But this is not even close and has lost ground to the many steak houses that serve steaks that are far superior to the food at Jakes. I won't go back Too many better options
- hansahnDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food, fair service on the night of my visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was ExcellentsuncatcherDined on 7/26/2014There is no question the chef and kitchen are tremendous. The food was excellent. No question there. Even at the relatively high price point, the food made the evening. My only concern was, perhaps, the bar staff and the pre-dining cocktail experience. I have been going to Jake's every couple of years for the past three decades. The atmosphere has changed. To be honest and forthright I'll just say: I am an over 50, conservative heterosexual. My party of four shared the same characteristics. We are clearly not the demographic target the restaurant is trying to reach with their bar staff (attitudes, personalities, bartender cross conversation, interaction style, etc.). I'll leave it at that.Special Features:
- HelloDined on 7/26/2014Everything was excellent. Food was outstanding and the cocktails were like none I have ever had before. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Manager Jason was great, always checking to make sure everything was perfect!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience this time621demoDined on 7/23/2014I have been to Jake's 10 + times. All have been excellent.....except for my July 23rd 2014 dinner. Took my sister and brother in law here for my wife's B-day. Should have known we were in for a subpar experience when the waitress returned and asked if we wanted to order appetizers. We had ordered them 10 minutes earlier. Sister ordered a 6oz filet, myself a 10oz filet yet when they were delivered they were the both 6 oz. size. Both steaks were not cooked to order. Both to be medium well, showed up medium rare. Wife's steak was suppose to be medium rare yet shoed up well done. Very disappointed in both the service and cooking of the steaks. Looks like we'll be going to the Butler Inn / Pewaukee next time.
- Summer eveningkmohoDined on 7/18/2014Food was great as always. Sat outside on the patio and enjoyed a nice summer evening. Just love Jake's patio! My husband had scallops, I had the filet. My husband had wild rice and Brussel sprouts and I had a baked potato and Brussel sprouts for sides. We started with bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Never disappointed! We will come again and again!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding All Around!marypDined on 7/18/2014We had such a wonderful dinner and the service was as amazing as the food - we ordered a ton of food, but it was all so amazing that we couldn't stop ourselves (steak, walleye, corn/crabcake soup, mushrooms, onion strings, wild rice, creamed spinach, sweet potato, brussels sprouts...every single one was delicious and we had plenty to take home with us). We've got a couple 'date nights' planned before end of summer so we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Dates-It's all about dates!JNealVIPDined on 7/14/2014Make an Open Table DATE at Jake's: You will have a wonderful time! Bring your DATE to Jake's for a romantic evening! Be sure to order the DATES for a true foodie, gourmet experience! And make the DATE memorable by asking for either Bill or Tina for outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattiDined on 7/12/2014The food and service was great as usual. The menu seems to have been updated and yet they kept the popular items they had before. We've been coming to Jakes since the 70's.Special Features:
- Really good foodRobLaDined on 7/8/2014This going to sound crazy, but we had the BEST brussel sprouts ever here! They are just delicious. The service was great amd the porterhouse for 2 was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014To While food is top notch, drinks are pricey, restaurant is noisy and service was slow. Overall experience was very good, however, since we were in no hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gabby1Dined on 7/7/2014This has been our second time dining on a Monday. The 1st. was to celebrate my father-inlaws birthday and my own birthday. The second was to celebrate my mother-inlaws 86th. Birthday. On both visits we had Dawn as our waitress, what a lovely, wonderful woman she is! She always has a nice smile on her face and is VERY on hands with us on both visits. Our food was excellent, both times. We are looking forward to returning soon. The Birthday dessert was out of this world, with those pieces of toffee in with the ice cream, delish!Special Features:
- Fit For Foodies!JNealVIPDined on 7/2/2014All items are tasty, but for starters the cheese plate and date appetizer are outstanding! The creamed corn soup is wonderful. The duck was delicious with crispy skin. Don't miss the baked sweet potato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!valheeheeDined on 7/2/2014The food was delicious, service was prompt and attentive, but allowed my group to relax and not be rushed. We had such a good time, that we stayed several hours. We will keep going back for many more years. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.