Jake's - Palm Springs
664 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakespalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Curci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering is offered on an event by event basis. Please call the restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Jake's - Palm Springs
This hip-yet-casual American bistro serves up fresh, innovative fare and comfort food favorites, along with beverages from a full bar. Dine alfresco in our charming courtyard or sleek dining room. Join us for lunch, dinner, or brunch (served Sat. and Sun.) Takeout and catering available for your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Jake's - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Jake's - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (111)neighborhood gem (97)fit for foodies (83)special occasion (72)romantic (63)great for brunch (57)great for lunch (51)notable wine list (28)hot spot (21)scenic view (16)good for groups (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Consistently Great!DesertDaveDined on 7/5/2014Jake's never disappoints. I was there for the third time in the past 6 months; I got the exact table on the patio as requested; our table was ready upon arrival. We were promptly greeted and service continued to be crisp, attentive without ever being too intrusive. There are always a few new dishes along with some great standards. I had the chicken piccata which was perfectly cooked, well-flavored and beautifully plated. While the special desserts were as tempting as ever, I passed. It's amazing to me that those spectacular sweets (especially the coconut cake) are only $8. Jake's never disappoints; on of Palm Springs GREAT restaurants.Special Features:
- Allways a great place to dine!PSPLocalDined on 7/5/2014Every time I dine at Jake's the consistency with both the food quality and service amazes me. I recommend Jake's to our hotel guest all the time.Special Features:
- An off the street OaisisOutdoorfoodieDined on 7/4/2014Jake's is a great addition to the Palm Springs vibe of small, cozy, interesting, and consistantly good food offerings in the design district of North Palm Springs. Always inventive and classic with a twist but never sacrificing quality. Presentation is charming and inviting. Lunch is a real deal but dinner is not to be missed. For dessert lovers this is definitely the place. Service is right on and casual with some of the friendlliest servers in the valley. Always a go to place for guests from city dwelers who don't know what PS has to offer.Special Features:
- Nice Brunch at JakesJCCLACAVIPDined on 7/4/2014Good food and service. The bacon/cheese omelette was actually ham, but it was good. Chicken curry wrap very good! Gerardo was our server. He's friendly and efficient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningBigBoyBobVIPDined on 7/2/2014The cocktails, food, and service made our gathering of friends superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!LamakingDined on 7/2/2014I was greeted accordingly with warm smiles and hospitality from the get go. Our server although I don't recall her name was top notch. She had a great knowledge of the menu and the specials for the day. She checked up on us at all the right times and made our dining experience one to remember. The food was very good, I would definitely come back for more. The ambiance, and look of the place was very sheek and tasteful. A small but great place to dine.Special Features:
- Another Outstanding ExperiencepsguyVIPDined on 7/2/2014This was our second visit in a week. This time we brought another couple. All 4 of us had a great experience. The sea bass special was outstanding. I ordered the swordfish and the flavors were amazing. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another top notch experience.DaltonDined on 7/1/2014Jake's is always on the list when I come to town. This time I had the sea bass which was a daily feature. It was outstanding. Given I am from northwest and get great fish routinely, I don't offer this accolade unless deserved. Plan a return trip before leaving the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FabuloushappygolightlyDined on 6/28/2014We have been to Jakes numerous times and have never had a bad experience or meal. The menu has a great selection, the service is fast and the waiters are beyond friendly!Special Features:
- HOMESusanDined on 6/28/2014This is my "go to" restaurant. Owners, Super, SuperSpecial Features:
- Awesome restaurantBdubDined on 6/28/2014The staff was helpful and friendly and the food was amazing for brunch. I loved the french toast!!Special Features:
- Hidden gem in Palm SpringsAlexHoveDined on 6/27/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at Jakes - the food is fantastic, well presented tasty and excellent value. The house white is also very drinkable and a steal. Friendly and efficient service and a gorgeous setting in an open air patio completed the experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RikrasDined on 6/26/2014Palm Springs a small town – you have your favorites, Jake's one of them, but to be able to say, that after years of going, we have never been disappointed in anything! – not once!Special Features:
- hot night in PSOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014i got sea bass special. it was a huge piece of fish and seasoning was excellent. scallops were awesome although the salad that accompanied them was a but scary. we didn;t get it, but there is a pix fix menu for $30 wuth decent choices. several groups came and sat at the bar and ordered dessert - huge pieces of cake and cupcakes. we were stuffed but all the baked goods looked awesome. .Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayRickyBVIPDined on 6/20/2014We go to Jake's regularly and are never disappointed. The menu remains fresh and interesting thanks to incredible specials. I thought I didn't like seafood, but the server convinced me to try the special citrus encrusted Chilean Sea Bass. omg. I could eat that several times a week. Excellent service, excellent food. The owners are always on the premises making sure everything is perfect.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Palm Springs PlaceChazolsonDined on 6/17/2014We come to Palm Springs a couple of times a year and always make a point to come here at least once. Great food and wonderful deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A moment in time...lwaldron13Dined on 6/14/2014I booked this restaurant based upon reviews etc and wasn't disappointed! We had never been to Palm Springs before and this was our first dinner on the night we arrived. We sat inside for the air conditioning which was excellent. Delightful recommendation for the red wine and the menu selection was great! Very much enjoyed all that we tasted. Our Server was very busy but attentive and pleasant. The tables are close in proximity, however, that prompted conversation with the 4 gentlemen next to us, who supplied us with some great places to visit and endless "tales". Thank you for an enjoyable evening! We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a very nice experiencePSPRobertDined on 6/13/2014Always greeted with a smile when you arrive. The location along with both an indoor and outdoor ambience of choice. Food is very good and constant. I manage a hotel and refer guests daily to JakesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodbarbydollVIPDined on 6/11/2014I had the soft shell crab yummy ?? great omlelet!!Special Features:
- night at Jake'spattyDined on 6/7/2014Jake's was very busy the night we were there. It was during Restaurant Week which I love. Our table was down by the kitchen…….and we didn't like that. We should have asked for another table…..it was our fault that we didn't. We felt isolated and away from the nice feeling the patio gives you. Food was great and there was nice service even though the place was packed. The service is always good there. Everyone wants to help to make your evening special. Next time I will simply ask for a table that is in more in the center of the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014First time diner and we loved the foods, atmosphere and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGgirlsweekendawayDined on 6/7/2014Jake's was recommended to me by a friend who raved about the restaurant. I was looking for a good restaurant for a girl's weekend in Palm Springs. Wow, "good" does not describe the experience we had. Jake's is nestled into an area of Palm Springs; you would miss it it you didn't know to look for it. The service was friendly from the start. We got the window table I reserved and was immediately greeted by our server. We unknowingly dined during Restaurant Week and were surprised to find the prix fix menu to be much larger than expected. AND, we were not short changed on the portions! We could not believe what we got for $26! Make sure to try the coconut cake with amaretto...OMG! We will definitely be back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth looking forThomasYVDined on 6/7/2014This is a very good very hard to find restaurant on North Canyon (hint the double black doors). There is a “sandwich board” sign about 2.5 feet high on the sidewalk but no name on the building. Regardless; the restaurant has a 20 seat inside part and about a 50 seat patio in the enclosed area behind the black doors. We were there for restaurant week and ordered off the special menu. A petite fillet and a chicken marsala dish which both came “tall” style on a bed of mashed potatoes with long broccolini and asparagus below the meat. Both were very good. The desserts were outstanding!Special Features:
- Awesome!myssahallVIPDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant is fantastic. We lucked out and happened to be there for restaurant week, which included dessert. That was the best part. Buttercream frosting...YUM. Our dinner selections were also great and we were able to order a reasonably priced bottle of wine. Great experience! I even recommended to some friends and they went the following night. They loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Great food - a local secret. Restaurant Week in Palm Springs is awesome.Ribs were fabulous and filet was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallySarita50Dined on 6/6/2014Food was very good & service was great. Wasn't expecting much because to go fare at film festival is pricey & mediocre. Dining experience was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- phroggyDined on 6/5/2014The food was excellent and so was the service. We especially enjoyed meeting the owner and was impressed that he was not only visible, but actively working around the restaurant. We love finding new restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Food is deliciousgoodfoodieDined on 6/5/2014My salmon entrée was fantastic, simply delicious! I would recommend Jake's to all my friends, and I intend to be a regular.Special Features:
- OutstandingjamesVIPDined on 6/5/2014A group of eight traveled from Rancho Mirage to dine at Jake's, it was well worth the drive. All of us said we would be back. The ribs and scallops were over the top good as was everything else. What it lacks in ambience was made uu in the great food and frendly service.Special Features:
- The NOISE, The NOISE...randyDined on 6/5/2014We sat at a nice table inside, right in front of the front window. That was fine. But the table of 8 people next to us were so loud, I couldn't hear my table-mates. I asked the waitress if we could move to the table closest to the entrance (the east end of the banquet bench) and she sent back the manager or owner, I don't which, and he said no, that that table was set up for 4 people. we had 3 people. Basically said, too bad, so sad. While the food was very good, and the service was pretty good, the evening was ruined with all the noise from that party of 8. IF, and i mean IF, I ever go back there, I'll request an outside table...it had to be quieter than inside.
- Ok experienceLgyoungDined on 6/4/2014Our experience this visit wasn't the best we have had a Jake's. We have had some outstanding meals and service there in the past. Food was good, service seemed like an after thought.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To Place in Palm SpringsTandKVIPDined on 6/3/2014We make sure to eat at Jake's on every trip to Palm Springs. The food and cocktails are creative without being over the top. The food is delicious. Wide selection of yummy desserts, too. Loved the salted caramel vanilla cake. We like to sit on the patio. Restaurant Week menu was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014It was a fabulous evening, food was wonderful, service attentive, but not hovering. Loved it!Special Features:
- It's all great at Jakes2TravelingOmnivoresDined on 6/3/2014Loved it all. Wonderful food, the kindest service. Deserts are out of this world. Note to self: must eat every dish on menu!Special Features:
- just did not cut it !!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/31/2014they space looked nice and quaint but the rest fell apart- food -service and ambinace !!Special Features:
- Good food? Eat here!GooddinerDined on 5/31/2014If you are looking for good food with good service, Jake's is a place you will enjoy. Although the inside seating tends to be a little close quarters, the food was very good. The servers are extremely friendly as well and very efficient at their jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeTVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is the first time trying Jake's and were very impressed. The food was great. Great deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT gluten-free friendlyCaloriDined on 5/31/2014Waitress we had was not very much help with gluten free choices, telling me that anything without bread would be gluten free as the restaurant leans that way anyways. Ordered the Scallops which came on a breaded and fried potato thing. She was very sorry. Even though I asked about gluten free options on the restaurant week3 course menu first thing, she did not inform us that there were NO gluten free options for dessert course on the menu. So, dessert time.... and NOTHING for me. The waitress was very sorry. Still love the place, but I will have to work harder to get the information I really need to avoid gluten at Jake's and not count on a dessert from their amazing selection.Special Features:
- Delicious!BeingVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food = Delicious! Waiter= wonderful! Great place to celebrate a birthday w/ small group for intimate dinner! Love those scallops, cooked to perfection! This is my new fav restaurant for when we come to Palm Springs! Some of us all the way from Australia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRussinpsDined on 5/30/2014The food was excellent and the service was attentive. It is always a treat to go to Jake's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.