Jake's - Palm Springs
664 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakespalmsprings.com/
- Phone: (760) 327-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Curci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering is offered on an event by event basis. Please call the restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Jake's - Palm Springs
This hip-yet-casual American bistro serves up fresh, innovative fare and comfort food favorites, along with beverages from a full bar. Dine alfresco in our charming courtyard or sleek dining room. Join us for lunch, dinner, or brunch (served Sat. and Sun.) Takeout and catering available for your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Jake's - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Jake's - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (104)neighborhood gem (97)fit for foodies (84)great for brunch (62)great for lunch (61)special occasion (61)romantic (53)hot spot (28)notable wine list (24)good for groups (17)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- FAVORITE NEW RESTAURANT IN PS!MichelleMDined on 11/15/2014Jake's is my hands-down new FAVORITE restaurant in PalmSprings. The food quality is amazing. Be sure to save room for their icebox cake! It is to die for! HIghly impressed diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinning Experience in Palm SpringsDonjsVIPDined on 11/14/2014Jakes's has to be the best fine dinner resturant in Palm Springs. The outdoor patio is not fancy but has a lot ambiance in the evening. The food was the outstanding. We brought friends and they were very impressed. Not easily to get reservations so book early. The owners Chris and Bruce are always there and ready to take care of guests. My favorite dishes crispy sea bass and the tempura lobster with the crazy good sauce. I had a evening special of Cioppino - it was amazing. The lamb is outstanding too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed RestaurantUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 11/14/2014We really enjoyed Jake's. The food was very good especially the lamb and the crispy sea bass. The calamari was tasty. The coconut cake and amaretto was memorable but do not pour too much amaretto on cake or it becomes overpowering. The prices are quite reasonable, too. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal on the patio with friends.FoodieLifterDined on 11/12/2014Everybody enjoyed their meal. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's Palm Springsisg0428Dined on 11/7/2014We had major traffic issues driving to Palm Springs and had to call ahead that we would be unable to keep our intended reservation at 7:30 on Friday November 7th. Jake's graciously moved our reservation to 9:30 that evening. We selected Jake's because all of the other serious restaurants either wanted to recreate the ambiance of the 1930's, or were fussy by putting too many ingredients on one plate. Jakes food was simple, straightforward and fairly priced. The small wine list was chosen with care. We found the service to be friendly, yet professional, and the courses were well paced. We recommend Jakes to any one who travels to the Low Desert for golf, and other desert activities.Special Features:
- A tasty, beautiful dinnerDiningdivaVIPDined on 11/7/2014Dining at Jake's is such a pleasure. We sat outside (our preference) and were given prompt service. My favorite carb cakes were taken off the menu but I had the Tower of Eggplant and it was superb! Go hungry!!! My husband had the grilled striped bass (his usual) and it was anything but disappointing. The owner always checks in a few times during the meal and he makes everyone feel welcome. The meal always begins with a treat from the chef and it ends with one as well. This is a treasure but there are few tables so book ahead on Open Table so you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestPSLocalDined on 11/6/2014All around one of Palm Springs finest! The food is exceptional, great service, and dining outdoors is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alway goodNolandVIPDined on 11/6/2014I love Jake's there was a hickup this time with wheather I kept my resevations or not, but it was repaired and I will certainly continue to enjoy Jake's for many years to come I hope. Great salad selection.Special Features:
- Great experienceeatoutalotDined on 11/5/2014My experience dining at Jake's was outstanding...from the outdoor ambiance to the drinks to the food...oh, and did I mention how good the service was. I look forward to going again.Special Features:
- greta food and servicesteveportmoodyVIPDined on 11/4/2014one of our favourites. Few complaints. Serving bread one roll at a time is a bit effete. Wine by the glass is pricey, but bottle prices are fair. Prices have certainly risen over the last year, but packed houses reflect value for money. Cake desserts are fabulous, one is plenty for 2 people. Service was terrific. When booking ask for patio table if weather is OK - inside tables are small and a bit crowded.Special Features:
- Palm Springs surpriseMarcelloDined on 11/4/2014After five visits in Palm Springs, at last we found out a good restaurant where we can eat fresh food and drink respectable wine.Special Features:
- Local gemSNAFlyBoyDined on 11/2/2014Jake's is a neighborhood favorite, and one of the few "trendy" restaurants in Palm Springs that offers egg dishes for weekend brunch. On this occasion our server was not as attentive as he should have been, but the bus staff is excellent and the owners take an active part in making sure everybody has a positive experience. Food is largely healthy and always tasty. Desserts are decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsBigBoyBobVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our Saturday evening dinner with friends was superb. We loved our seating location and the food and service were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayRickyBVIPDined on 10/31/2014Always have a superior experience when dining at Jake's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Palm springsBBBudDined on 10/30/2014This is the best restaurant by far in Palm springs...just sayin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunchinthebizDined on 10/30/2014My friends and I enjoyed 3 great lunches. two of us had lamb sandwiches and one had the Ahi salad. All were very well done. For desert we shared the Citrus cake….a great 3 layer cake ..1 layer was orange, the next lemon and the bottom was lime, topped with a great icing..sweet, but not too sweet. We also had a peanut butter pie to go. It was spectacular as well. A little pricey for everyday lunches for me….68.00 for the three of us…but great food and service and the owners were very helpful.Special Features:
- Jakes is the top.clarkissimaDined on 10/28/2014We have spent a week in Palm Springs and dined twice at Jakes--the first time at the manager of our B&B's recommendation, and the second time because we couldn't wait to go back. The service is excellent, the food is amazing and the ambience is lovely. Co-owners Chris and Bruce are gracious hosts. When Bruce stops by to ask how you're enjoying your meal, he is genuinely interested in the answer. DO NOT skip dessert. The cakes are out of this world. I bought several slices of the heavenly Meyer Lemon layer cake to take back to drooling friends in Santa Cruz.Special Features:
- Best so farcoxyDined on 10/28/2014We are in Palm springs for a week, have been here twice and are going once more before we leave. I guess we LOVE it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's PSRustyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great restaurant for outdoor dining. Service and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home run!coxyDined on 10/25/2014We were tired from traveling and felt instantly better after experiencing the hospitality here. The food was way beyond our expectations. My Chilean sea bass and my husbands filet were the best examples of both dishes we ever had. Already made another reservation during our one week stay. Oh, I forgot to mention the cakes. You'll see for yourself. Awesome meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and friendly bothjakiVIPDined on 10/25/2014We love Jakes. The food is always good, fresh, and surprising with at least 1 or 2 new dishes. And the wait staff are both friendly and efficient! Cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Fab again in all waysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014As usual, Jakes is a foodie find. Our only disappointment at dinner was that we did not get to dine on the patio. But the food overcame our disappointment and the waiter was a gem. We retuned later that week for lunch on the patio and I had forgotten how fab the sod shell crab BLT was! Both our meals were outstanding. This is perhaps our favorite place in the desert.Special Features:
- always a joyNolandVIPDined on 10/22/2014Jake's is small and intiment with very good food. I had out of town guests and they were very impressed and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- MichaelDined on 10/19/2014I love Jakes - - - it is such a beautiful place - - - very intimate - - - and excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- SteveraveRavesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always awesome food and service. Patio is a great spot for enjoying the beautiful weather of Palm springs. Dog friendly place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014charming and quaint, like dinner at a friends house. a friend who can cook.Special Features:
- hobnobVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had the ginger encrusted mahi-mahi, with blackened potatoes and broccolini --- it was the evening's special and was delicious. Always love eating at Jake's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentpskatnipDined on 10/17/2014Some items good (but not great) other items just not good.Special Features:
- MillieDined on 10/11/2014Took and out-of-town guest for dinner and we all were exclaiming over our dinners...excellent fish which is not always easy to find here in the desert...with innovative ingredients....Thank you Bruce and Chris for continued great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasant returnCanadiandinerDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my spouses Birthday there. Four of us for dinner and had an amazing dinner. Deserts to die for as well. We have been there several times and always is a treat to go back. Food as always been great. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- What a special place!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 10/10/2014The owner of Jake's has created a wondeful environment to enjoy a most delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 10/10/2014Finally experienced Jake's with a group of friends! We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Best Food EverElkhunterDined on 10/9/2014We went to Jake's instead of Copley's (glad we did)-Fabulous food and presentation. Very good service-long wait for our food, but they were busy, so it's no big deal; only criticism is that the tables are "jammed" together-very crowded and VERY noisy. However, the food was worth it and we will be back next month when we are in town for the Auction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Jakes!hobnobVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had 7 guests for dinner tonight at Jakes. The restaurant was full and really hopping when we arrived, but we were seated immediately and treated as though we were the only guests there. Rave reviews from my guests --- entrees ordered were the Steak/Wedge, Crispy Sea Bass (2) , Scallops, Sautéed Salmon (2) and Chicken Milanese. A variety of appetizers and some shared desserts. It was a great evening of food and conversation and I'm very pleased that my guests were so pleased with Jakes. Excellent.Special Features:
- A TreasureCallmlVIPDined on 10/7/2014Wonderfully small but elegant place for dinner. Very nice, unobtrusive service. The ahi poke appetizer is great!Special Features:
- hobnobVIPDined on 10/7/2014I was very happy to dine at Jakes for the first time since they re-opened for the season. One of the things I really look forward to when summer ends. Even better than last year. I'm told that they've upgraded the meat purveyor and based on the absolute best rack of lamb that I can remember, must have found the best supplier ever. My partner's sea bass, which was an occasional special last year and now a regular item on the menu this year, was as superb as ever. Welcome back Jakes!Special Features:
- dinner at jakesjillVIPDined on 10/4/2014I cannot even think about how many times I have eaten here, but it is always a treat.Special Features:
- My first "Wow" restaurant in PS!Out4foodDined on 10/4/2014I have owned a vacation home in Palm Springs for over 12 years and have never found the food to be great. I've tried all the hip and trendy places only to be disappointed. I must admit I didn't have high expectations going into Jakes. I now have a new favorite. To start the menu is eclectic, although not long it was very hard to decide...so many great options. I chose the Eggplant Stack. It complemented my Hendricks gin cooler perfectly! It was a hearty portion but even better was the taste...absolutely fantastic. My partner had the ribs which resembled the stack put on Fred Flintstones car which caused it to turn over! They were huge. By the look on his face they too tasted great. You will not be disappointed at Jakes!Special Features:
- It Was a Fantastic RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food, desserts, patio, atmosphere, vibe, design were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at a reasonable priceReviewsByBabsDined on 10/3/2014We each had chicken, one Marsala, one Milanese. The chicken was moist and tender and attractively presented. The garlic mashed potates were yummy. The dinner was dressed up with small additions from the chef--brussel sprouts as an appetizer and brownie bits for dessert.Special Features: