Jake's - Palm Springs
664 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakespalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mario Curci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering is offered on an event by event basis. Please call the restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Jake's - Palm Springs
This hip-yet-casual American bistro serves up fresh, innovative fare and comfort food favorites, along with beverages from a full bar. Dine alfresco in our charming courtyard or sleek dining room. Join us for lunch, dinner, or brunch (served Sat. and Sun.) Takeout and catering available for your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Jake's - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Jake's - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (70)neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (58)great for brunch (47)special occasion (44)romantic (39)great for lunch (39)hot spot (22)notable wine list (19)good for groups (13)scenic view (12)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- MichaelDined on 10/19/2014I love Jakes - - - it is such a beautiful place - - - very intimate - - - and excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- SteveraveRavesVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always awesome food and service. Patio is a great spot for enjoying the beautiful weather of Palm springs. Dog friendly place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014charming and quaint, like dinner at a friends house. a friend who can cook.Special Features:
- hobnobVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had the ginger encrusted mahi-mahi, with blackened potatoes and broccolini --- it was the evening's special and was delicious. Always love eating at Jake's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentpskatnipDined on 10/17/2014Some items good (but not great) other items just not good.Special Features:
- MillieDined on 10/11/2014Took and out-of-town guest for dinner and we all were exclaiming over our dinners...excellent fish which is not always easy to find here in the desert...with innovative ingredients....Thank you Bruce and Chris for continued great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a pleasant returnCanadiandinerDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my spouses Birthday there. Four of us for dinner and had an amazing dinner. Deserts to die for as well. We have been there several times and always is a treat to go back. Food as always been great. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- What a special place!NotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 10/10/2014The owner of Jake's has created a wondeful environment to enjoy a most delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 10/10/2014Finally experienced Jake's with a group of friends! We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Best Food EverElkhunterDined on 10/9/2014We went to Jake's instead of Copley's (glad we did)-Fabulous food and presentation. Very good service-long wait for our food, but they were busy, so it's no big deal; only criticism is that the tables are "jammed" together-very crowded and VERY noisy. However, the food was worth it and we will be back next month when we are in town for the Auction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Jakes!hobnobVIPDined on 10/8/2014I had 7 guests for dinner tonight at Jakes. The restaurant was full and really hopping when we arrived, but we were seated immediately and treated as though we were the only guests there. Rave reviews from my guests --- entrees ordered were the Steak/Wedge, Crispy Sea Bass (2) , Scallops, Sautéed Salmon (2) and Chicken Milanese. A variety of appetizers and some shared desserts. It was a great evening of food and conversation and I'm very pleased that my guests were so pleased with Jakes. Excellent.Special Features:
- A TreasureCallmlVIPDined on 10/7/2014Wonderfully small but elegant place for dinner. Very nice, unobtrusive service. The ahi poke appetizer is great!Special Features:
- hobnobVIPDined on 10/7/2014I was very happy to dine at Jakes for the first time since they re-opened for the season. One of the things I really look forward to when summer ends. Even better than last year. I'm told that they've upgraded the meat purveyor and based on the absolute best rack of lamb that I can remember, must have found the best supplier ever. My partner's sea bass, which was an occasional special last year and now a regular item on the menu this year, was as superb as ever. Welcome back Jakes!Special Features:
- dinner at jakesjillVIPDined on 10/4/2014I cannot even think about how many times I have eaten here, but it is always a treat.Special Features:
- My first "Wow" restaurant in PS!Out4foodDined on 10/4/2014I have owned a vacation home in Palm Springs for over 12 years and have never found the food to be great. I've tried all the hip and trendy places only to be disappointed. I must admit I didn't have high expectations going into Jakes. I now have a new favorite. To start the menu is eclectic, although not long it was very hard to decide...so many great options. I chose the Eggplant Stack. It complemented my Hendricks gin cooler perfectly! It was a hearty portion but even better was the taste...absolutely fantastic. My partner had the ribs which resembled the stack put on Fred Flintstones car which caused it to turn over! They were huge. By the look on his face they too tasted great. You will not be disappointed at Jakes!Special Features:
- It Was a Fantastic RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food, desserts, patio, atmosphere, vibe, design were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at a reasonable priceReviewsByBabsDined on 10/3/2014We each had chicken, one Marsala, one Milanese. The chicken was moist and tender and attractively presented. The garlic mashed potates were yummy. The dinner was dressed up with small additions from the chef--brussel sprouts as an appetizer and brownie bits for dessert.Special Features:
- Rudest manager on earthMalMDined on 10/3/2014I'm not here to talk about the food or the service, both of which were very good, I'm here to tell of our interaction with the manager, which still has us fuming. At check time, we three asked for separate checks, as our totals were very unequal. We were told Jake's didn't do that, so we figured our own and told our server what to charge each of us. Two minutes later, the manager comes flying to our table to inform us we're short. I say there's no tax figured in and can they do that for us. No, they cannot. I ask what the tax rate is and his exact reply: "9%. Are you going to argue over 20 cents? Do you want a pen and paper?" And he was not quiet about it. Humiliating. Shame on Jake's for being represented by such a vile little man.
- The teriyaki ribs!!!!! Yum!143DoublesVIPDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I frequent this small local restaurant monthly at least and find the service and quality of the food always exceptional. And don't forget the homemade desserts! They are outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014My lamb chops were excellent, but my husband's ahi was slightly overcooked. He likes it really rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good timexxxxxVIPDined on 9/30/2014return visit after a time was very good...will not wait so long for next evening...is a PS gem...Special Features:
- MisterTDined on 9/28/2014We have been going to Jakes ever since they opened. It strikes the right note with us. Cozy surroundings, respectful attention from the staff and the food is always excellent and presented in a most aesthetic fashion.Special Features:
- hobnobVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's a happy time when summer ends and Jake's opens for the season. Have been thinking about the crispy striped bass all summer and it was so delicious to have again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionDesertVIPDined on 9/27/2014If I had only five restaurants to pick from in the CV, this would certainly be one of them! Really love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty StartDineAwayVIPDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner on second night after opening for new season. Table incompletely set, wine menu missing, drinks intended for others served to us, and slow service. Staff breaking in an electronic ordering system, which slowed service. Service uncharacteristically ragged. We will wait for several weeks to return. I'm sure Jake's will service back up to speed with more practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal at JakesCitygirlDined on 9/25/2014We found Jakes in Sept 13 and the food was great. We re visited again this week , twice and were not disappointed. Food and drinks are consistently good. Only negative point for me is the most they spray from the roof of the patio, it's intrusive and unnecessary . That's only a small negative though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesRichRMVIPDined on 9/25/2014We have been to Jake's several times, but for special occasions and just a dinner out. It never fails to be a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in palm springs!BBBudDined on 9/25/2014I've had dinner here many times. They never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!DesertDaveDined on 7/5/2014Jake's never disappoints. I was there for the third time in the past 6 months; I got the exact table on the patio as requested; our table was ready upon arrival. We were promptly greeted and service continued to be crisp, attentive without ever being too intrusive. There are always a few new dishes along with some great standards. I had the chicken piccata which was perfectly cooked, well-flavored and beautifully plated. While the special desserts were as tempting as ever, I passed. It's amazing to me that those spectacular sweets (especially the coconut cake) are only $8. Jake's never disappoints; on of Palm Springs GREAT restaurants.Special Features:
- Allways a great place to dine!PSPLocalDined on 7/5/2014Every time I dine at Jake's the consistency with both the food quality and service amazes me. I recommend Jake's to our hotel guest all the time.Special Features:
- An off the street OaisisOutdoorfoodieDined on 7/4/2014Jake's is a great addition to the Palm Springs vibe of small, cozy, interesting, and consistantly good food offerings in the design district of North Palm Springs. Always inventive and classic with a twist but never sacrificing quality. Presentation is charming and inviting. Lunch is a real deal but dinner is not to be missed. For dessert lovers this is definitely the place. Service is right on and casual with some of the friendlliest servers in the valley. Always a go to place for guests from city dwelers who don't know what PS has to offer.Special Features:
- Nice Brunch at JakesJCCLACAVIPDined on 7/4/2014Good food and service. The bacon/cheese omelette was actually ham, but it was good. Chicken curry wrap very good! Gerardo was our server. He's friendly and efficient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect EveningBigBoyBobVIPDined on 7/2/2014The cocktails, food, and service made our gathering of friends superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!LamakingDined on 7/2/2014I was greeted accordingly with warm smiles and hospitality from the get go. Our server although I don't recall her name was top notch. She had a great knowledge of the menu and the specials for the day. She checked up on us at all the right times and made our dining experience one to remember. The food was very good, I would definitely come back for more. The ambiance, and look of the place was very sheek and tasteful. A small but great place to dine.Special Features:
- Another Outstanding ExperiencepsguyVIPDined on 7/2/2014This was our second visit in a week. This time we brought another couple. All 4 of us had a great experience. The sea bass special was outstanding. I ordered the swordfish and the flavors were amazing. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another top notch experience.DaltonDined on 7/1/2014Jake's is always on the list when I come to town. This time I had the sea bass which was a daily feature. It was outstanding. Given I am from northwest and get great fish routinely, I don't offer this accolade unless deserved. Plan a return trip before leaving the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FabuloushappygolightlyDined on 6/28/2014We have been to Jakes numerous times and have never had a bad experience or meal. The menu has a great selection, the service is fast and the waiters are beyond friendly!Special Features:
- HOMESusanDined on 6/28/2014This is my "go to" restaurant. Owners, Super, SuperSpecial Features:
- Awesome restaurantBdubDined on 6/28/2014The staff was helpful and friendly and the food was amazing for brunch. I loved the french toast!!Special Features:
- Hidden gem in Palm SpringsAlexHoveDined on 6/27/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at Jakes - the food is fantastic, well presented tasty and excellent value. The house white is also very drinkable and a steal. Friendly and efficient service and a gorgeous setting in an open air patio completed the experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.