Jake's Del Mar
1660 Coast Blvd
Del Mar, CA 92014Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Jake's Del Mar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jakesdelmar.com/
- Phone: 8587552002x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Duvinh Ta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jake's Del Mar
Jake’s Del Mar brings new American cooking to the edge – to the water’s edge that is. Located right on the beach in Del Mar Chef Duvinh Ta uses fresh, seasonal products as the inspiration for updating classic preparations of fresh fish, shellfish and premium meats. The lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch menus showcase clean, eclectic flavors and local, sustainable products that are complemented by Jake’s jaw dropping location on the sand. The nightly Chef’s Special is a seasonal creation that features the best seafood, meats and produce available and through the Legacy of Aloha program, Jake’s donates a portion the proceeds from the Chef’s Special to the San Diego Food Bank.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Jake's Del Mar - Best Restaurants in Del Mar ›
Jake's Del Mar reviews from OpenTable diners
433 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (386)special occasion (261)romantic (187)great for lunch (144)great for brunch (121)fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (107)great for outdoor dining (100)hot spot (94)vibrant bar scene (91)good for groups (78)notable wine list (52)kid-friendly (42)late-night find (31)Show More
- Always love it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The view is stunning. The food is always very good. I am from the Midwest and try to eat there everytime in am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I went there for our 25th wedding anniversary. We wanted to do something special, since it had been a while since we went out to dine ALONE. We also wanted to be as close to the ocean as possible. We were not disappointed. The service and food was impeccable. Everyone who served us congratulated us on our anniversary. The serving staff was so polite and attentive! The food was perfect too! I'm glad we chose Jake's to celebrate this important event in our life!Special Features:
- Wonderful night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Food came quickly, and was cooked to perfection with premium flavors balanced textures, and fine garnishes. Lights are dim but not too much so that it is hard to see the variety on the menu. Windows leave an open view to the ocean, and the sound of waves crashing against the beach soothes you as you dine. Lovely night out, great spot. Reasonably priced as a higher class spot as well, no complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It was our 20yr anniversary we ate at jakes for our 10th our waitress Jessica really invested into our night. My husband was not that impress with his steak he said it had no flavor, but I got the filet it was amazing.Special Features:
- go earlyWONDERFULDined on 8/25/2014Jake's is a Del mar favorite with locals and tourists...recommend go early as it "fills up" quickly...if you sit at a window table be prepared for the flys to come and go...a little annoying...however, this can be tolerated as everything else measures up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The two in our party who had the surf & steak combo noted the steak as being rather flavorless. After a taste, however, they all agreed my Kobe burger was excellent! The one who had duck seemed to like it very much. We had 2 appetizers---mixed reviews on the ceviche with pear sorbet---I liked it, others not so much. They felt the sorbet overpowered the ceviche. The avocado shrimp was delicious. This was a birthday as well as 35th anniversary celebration so the Hula Pie was a special treat. Waiter staff was excellent--young, efficient, fun but not pushy or too prevalent. We recommend Jake's Del Mar and will definitely return.Special Features:
- good food but awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014We got right in to our table using this website. The view was ok, we didn't get out on the patio but that looks like the place you want to be during the day. Our table was nice though and the noise was average. the food was good but the service was awful! Our lady had another group come 10 minutes after us and they got there food first. We were about to walk out when the food came. It took 45 minutes to get food for brunch!!!! I will not come back due to the horrible service.Special Features:
- Aweome111Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent food, great service, awesome beAch location!!!Special Features:
- Too LoudmagicmanDined on 8/21/2014My only complaints were that the server seemed to forget about us for a while, and the ambiance was too loud to have a quite conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, not greatbbuckeyeDined on 8/21/2014We had lunch with another couple and while the view is terrific and the service was excellent, I was mildly disappointed by the food. I think they try too hard to be different and in the process the menu is less than outstanding. Also, we felt that the quantity was a little small.Special Features:
- We like the new menu itemsnotlobDined on 8/21/2014Refreshing new menu items and great ambience. Always a favorite for us for lunch before a walk on the beach. Retirement living!Special Features:
- Trip to DelmarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner food lacked taste. It was good but we are from Texas and like tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. So-so foodSeaski42Dined on 8/20/2014Go for the suset view at a window table. Nothing at our table was particularly memorable but desserts at other tables looked good.Special Features:
- Too EnergeticcodmeowDined on 8/20/2014View is great but in early evening with sun setting, windows are opened and very cool breeze blowing on certain seats at tables near windows. Food was good. It is noisy -- hard to carry on conversation. Great for the young crowd. They do honor reservation times which is much appreciated.Special Features:
- mcschnoodles03Dined on 8/20/2014I have been going to Jake's for years, but they have managed to improve. Finally a true veggie option, and more than just good fish.Special Features:
- Jake's for lunchnotafoodieDined on 8/20/2014Our first time at Jake's, it came highly recommended by our son and daughter-in-law and we weren't disappointed. The seafood trio with jasmine rice was outstanding. Jake's is high on our list when dining in San Diego. Wish we had comparable in Temecula.Special Features:
- Lunch recommendationAllicatDined on 8/20/2014Was recommended by a friend and well lived up to her high praise. Certainly the best beach restaurant we have seen in the San Diego area.Special Features:
- A Great SpotFoodieVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a super lunch, great view and very friendly service. Tough to beat.Special Features:
- ChipBobbiDined on 8/17/2014Great experience, third time here. From Nebraska and as you would guess Jake's beats anything we have in Omaha. We love it!!!Special Features:
- Jake's Never FailsJohnKVIPDined on 8/17/2014Always a good experience...and we love the new remodeled look. So much more Open and bright. The Kobe Burger was incredible (order it Medium to retain moisture) and the Pork Chop done to perfection.....same.....Medium. One of the best views ever.Special Features:
- Another great brunch at Jake'sEpicureanDined on 8/17/2014It is always such a pleasant experience when you are at Jake's, our food came prepared as it should, the sirloin steak was very tender and done as requested, the Salmon eggs Benedict and the breakfast potatoes were absolutely delicious! Our waitress and the hostess absolutely polite! and the view, well, what can I say, absolutely beautiful!Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014I love everything about this restaurant. Yes, I know it's part of the Duke's chain. The food is always wonderful and the staff the best. We go every time we're in the area. View is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food right on the beachNickNameVIPDined on 8/16/2014My brother and our wives had lunch at Jake's for a joint celebration of his birthday and our wedding anniversary. The Jake's crew were great, and gave us their best wishes. The food was really good and the service great. Valet parking was pretty tight, but we managed to get in before I think they filled up. We'll definitely go back, though we might try to pick slightly less busy times.
- LibertyDined on 8/16/2014Just redid the place looks great. Had a ocean table view fabulousSpecial Features:
- best I ever had catagory!ADNRDined on 8/15/2014The scallops and coconut risotto are so amazing that I was finished with my dinner before my date!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Club....xxxxVIPDined on 8/15/2014was delicious! Great view. Would defintely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!911zoom2dineDined on 8/15/2014Every time I visit Jake's Del Mar I am reminded of exactly why I love this testsurant! Great food, great service, amazing view of the beach and and overall wonderful experience. If I had to pick one negative it would be the lack of parking and the sometimes slowness of the valet but they do a booming business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stunning views of beachcottonDined on 8/14/2014this restaurant in right on the beach in Del Mar. A seat by the window gives you a front row seat to the beach volleyball game below. The food is good, I had the fish sandwich that was excellent, i tried the pork sandwich as well and it was good also. A Duke's mai tai set the tone for a wonderful afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake,s fanforeveryoungDined on 8/13/2014We've been coming here for 20 years and look forward to eating her every time. awesome sunsets, great Hula Pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful LocationDeedeeDined on 8/13/2014We were seated on time 7:15 and our view was amazing, sunset was perfect. Our waiter was extremely nice and the Ribeye steak was extremely good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's never disappointsCarlsbadLadyDined on 8/13/2014The food, the service, everything about Jake's is first-rate. Salads, entrees, and dessert were all outstanding. Service was attentive, but not hovering or rushed. Beautiful views of the ocean are a bonus!Special Features:
- Better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014We brought some visitors to Jakes and hadn't been there in a while. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Unbeatable experienceFinedine1Dined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere and food at Jake's was a great combination. Watching the waves roll in at sunset was the perfect end to an already excellent meal.Special Features:
- Not a good service experienceEmmettDined on 8/12/2014Packed but they comped our appetizers. While leaving the hostess approached me to apologize for the wait. I told her it worked out. A coworkers then told me she had been pulled aside by the same hostess to alert her that three staff had heard someone in my party refer to one of their staff as a “dumb a*s”. We were shocked. We marveled at a variety of things: 1) it wasn’t said by anybody in our party; 2) the place was so loud we had a hard time hearing each other; 3) there was never three staff near us at one time; 4) why weren’t we approached when the comment(s) were initially heard? Why wait until we were leaving; and 5) why I was never approached, since I owned the reservation? This odd experience equates to one less customer.Special Features:
- Great locationCardinalfanDined on 8/12/2014Beautiful beachside restaurant with magnificent ocean views. Food was good. My friends dinner came out cold so had to be sent back. Then it was perfect. The bar seen was packed and once the dinner tables opened for seating the good service there became fair at best. Waiter was overwhelmed taking orders from everyone all at once. I didn't like seeing people dressed in bathing suits while others dressed beautifully. It is too nice a place for that. All this being said, I really think the restaurant is a great experience and worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Anniversary Dinnermirwin858Dined on 8/11/2014Since this was our wedding anniversary, we were hoping to get a table with an ocean view, so that we could watch the sun set. I put in the request (which was not guaranteed). My wife & I were pleasantly surprised upon checking in with the hostess, when she congratulated us for our anniversary, thanked us for selecting Jake's to spend our special evening at, and immediately informed us that they had a special ocean view window table ready for us. The food was excellent, & our server was knowledgeable, pleasant & attentive. We both ordered non-menu specials that they were offering that night. Mine was surf & turf, and my wife had Cobia fish (which according to our server is from the Panama region). My wife raved about the fish.Special Features:
- Fits its descriptionFittingDined on 8/11/2014The food, service, and view were everything that was expected. We celebrated our thirtieth anniversary watching the sun go down. Other than a noisy child and inept parents at the table next to us, the evening was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerNYCvisitorDined on 8/11/2014They took extra care to make sure that our anniversary dinner was great!Special Features:
- BillDined on 8/10/2014great atmosphere, service and food! This is a great venue for relaxing after a tough day at the beach.Special Features:
- Come for brunch - Enjoy the viewPizzaDanDined on 8/10/2014Perfect brunch spot on Sunday. The breakfast burrito with egg, avocado, pork and cheese was excellent as was the Banana French toast. This place has great ocean views right on the waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.