18905 W Capitol Dr, Ste 110
Brookfield, WI 53045Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jakesburger.com/
- Phone: 2627811110
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Jake Replogle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Jake's Burger
Jake's Burger - Genuine Food and CocktailsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's Burger reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- topgunDined on 7/10/2014Great sandwich. look forward to trying other offeringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hambuger HeavenDinner4fiveDined on 7/8/2014Good service, great burgers and onion rings. The Brie burger was fantastic. Will come back again soon.Special Features:
- sloppykilnmasterDined on 6/25/2014I came here for the first time. sat at the "bar", just a stale feeling. In a strip mall, no character to the place at all. The bar was full of torn and "wet" paper menus that looked more like used place mats. Place was a mess. Not to mention the bar (if you can call it a bar) was sticky and wet. So I did not eat. had a beer and left. I will not go back.
- Excellent BurgersMarkMarzDined on 6/14/2014We tried Jake's Burger on a Saturday 'date night'. We had a Truffle Burger and a Port & Blue Burger. These two Burgers were worth every penny of the $10 - $11 you will spend. Nice beer and wine selections. Everything is ala carte - which makes it kind of pricey...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Interesting food selection. Wisconsin grass fed beef is a nice tuch, though I wish I did not have to pay extra for it. Burgers are pricey to begin with. $50 or two hamburgers and drinks just seems to be too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's Burgers is going DOWNHILLOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014We used to enjoy this restaurant. The last two times the food has been bad and service terrible! We went with another family. We had 5 kids total with us. It took an hour to get our food. The excuse? The grill broke. No attempt to discount anything until we asked. They did cut our bill in half, but we will not be heading back anytime soon.
- First time is not the last timeDiningMavenDined on 6/6/2014We began with a reservation for 3 and then expanded to 5 (only 45 minutes prior to our reservation time) and Jake's Burger was very accommodating. We got our table promptly at our reservation time and the service was stellar! Our burgers were substantial and we ordered onion rings, coleslaw and French fries as sides to share. There were not any leftovers! This was our first time at Jake's Burger, being regulars at Jakes and our experience was fantastic. We all agreed we will return - often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BurgersgoingoutforlunchDined on 6/3/2014We had a large party and made reservations. We were seated right away. Drinks and refills came quickly. It took a while for the food to get to the table, and the size of our party may have had something to do with that. It would be great to be able to place orders ahead of time if that would help get the food on the table faster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 166 reviews are from the Jake's Burger reviews archive.
- Delicious burgerSillygirl15955Dined on 5/31/2014Shared a burger with my fiancé and we were very fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burger2ndJakesDined on 5/30/2014This was the second time we ate at Jake's and enjoyed both our burgers and the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedenjoysDined on 5/21/2014Went to Jake's for the lemon meringue shake, it sounded so yummy. It's off the menu! We stayed anyway and ate the burgers. One was so tall it was too big to bite. Bigger is not always better. Less meat? Beef was very good, beer was cold and delicious. Server was pleasant. Why can't restaurants provide a smaller serving for people who don't want such a large portion? More flavor, less size.Special Features:
- Service and food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014The main thing - the service and the food - were very good. A couple of people commented about the music. It was a bit loud and techno pop for lunch time.... Even the two young people in our group thought the music was too loud. We should have said something....but we didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The burgers are amazing! Sides are separate and after ordering our food, we realized most of the tables around us stuck with just ordering the burger (no sides or fries). On that note, we had left overs! The menu is very small so decision making is easy, we came strictly for the burgers so it was exactly what we wanted. We also made reservations, which I recommend because the place is a little bit smaller and was hopping when we came in on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. AND they are only open until 9 or 9:30, so this is not a good late-night find! Overall, we loved the atmosphere, loved the location, loved the food, and would definitely come back in the future!Special Features:
- YummyLoveumDined on 5/10/2014Great service even though they were busy and our reservation time had been overbooked , we were offered a free drink at the bar. Burgers were delicious though be aware if you order yours medium it may be very pink/red throughout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in TownFoodJaggerDined on 5/9/2014Insanely delicious burger. This might be blasphemy, but it's better than AJ Bombers in downtown Milwaukee, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014The burgers are great! But that's all the good, I can say. The service was slow, and very unfriendly. The girl behind the bar was rude, and the waiter we had must have been new or not trained.
- Good and Fullout2eatDined on 5/3/2014My sister and I split a Wisconsin Burger and loved it. We also split a small Caesar salad which was plenty enough for the two of us. She ordered a small fry, and I ordered a small order of haystack onion rings (which was definitely enough for 4 people), and took most of them home. The food was very good. I was surprised when our waitress brought out our salad with the rest of the meal instead of serving it to us first, but all in all the service was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique food in a comfortable settinPT925tDined on 5/2/2014Food was excellent. Service staff a bit over whelmed do plan extra time for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty burgersBurgerLuverDined on 4/26/2014Burgers were very good. Egg ordered on the side was over cooked but server remedied that quickly. Out of alot of types of beer that night we were there...Sat. April 26. Excuse not really believable....a big crowd in the morning??? Server very efficient and nice. Sweet potato fries and stacked onion rings were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best....KarenDined on 4/26/2014Best burgers in SE Wisconsin...and possibly ALL of Wisconsin.Special Features:
- JRPMDVIPDined on 4/25/2014They serve very good burgers at Jakes. I'm still a little irked they offer fries ala carte. This last visit, we found out Jake's has a reasonably priced fish fry and it was great, except for the slaw that wasn't exactly creamy or vinegar based, so no definite flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerfireoneDined on 4/23/2014Great place, reasonable prices and awesome food! Great place for a casual dining, urban trendy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service...okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/20144 out of 6 orders wrong. Little apology from the waitress. Burgers were just okay...inconsistent how cooked each burger was, one rare, other was close to well done... .those who ordered the grass feed burgers liked theirs better.
- One and Done - DisappointingDaniDined on 4/12/2014Food was fine but the rest of our experience was a let-down. Cocktails at the bar were very pricey; did not have the one Riesling wine selection offered on their drink menu. Restaurant is small and very loud and hectic, with a pub atmosphere. We took our cocktails from the bar to the table. Seconds after our server greeted us, she asked if we had paid yet for our drinks! First things first, I guess. We won't be going back.
- Great burgers and...ChuckDined on 4/10/2014The food, service and atmosphere were great for a 'burger joint'! Menu a but confusing and when we got our burgers, the second waitress said to all of us, "oh, you should have ordered that with bacon". So look at the options closely and don't just order blindly like we did thinking the pre-fix burgers are fine they way they are designed; then ask the staff for their recommendation! Dah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mocha caramel milkshakeCCMarieDined on 4/4/2014The mocha caramel milkshake was outstanding as were the sweet potato fries. They were hot and crispy and slightly sweet. Yum. The Wisconsin burger was also quite good. I opted to pay the extra $2.50 for the grass fed beef. Not sure it was worth the extra cost. With the cheese sauce, bacon and onion strings it was too much to actually taste the difference.Special Features:
- I can not recommend the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014I can not recommend the food because we did not stay to have any. We had reservations for 6:30. We arrived at 6:20. The hostess told us we would be seated in 10 minutes. We had a party of 5. 20 minutes later we were told they were waiting for our table. The party that was there was finished but they were talking. We were offered at table for 4 on barstools in the noisey over crowdwd bar. I reminded the hostess that we had a party of 5 and we had reservations. We waited 10 more minutes and left when it became apparent we were not going to be seated any time soon because no one was exiting the dinning room. By the time we left the bar was packed in like sardines. The stand up bar we were standing next to was dirty and sticky.
- Great Burgers!JohnnyDined on 3/29/2014This place had a great rustic feel with the used wood on the walls and the glass all around made it seem open and provided a great view. Every burger that our group ordered was presented very well and tasted amazing. No let downs here. Also, Grass-fed beef is available for a couple dollars extra but that is totally reasonable and worth it.Special Features:
- Delicious BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014The meat is high quality, you get a wonderful choice of not so average toppings. Haystack onion rings are so good. The French fries with the beer cheese sauce is a must.Special Features:
- Not up to Jake's standards!ColeenDined on 3/22/2014I visited Jake's Burger with my mom and daughter. Two of us ordered turkey burgers but one was delivered as beef. Had to send it back and it did not come until the rest of us were done eating. The beef burger I ordered was raw inside and the haystack onion rings on top of all the burgers were cold. Our sweet potato fries were served warm and were soggy, not crispy. Most expensive burger that I have had lately that lacked taste and proper cooking. This is my third visit to this restaurant and it will definitely be my last!
- Great Place for a Burgervalkrie778Dined on 3/15/2014If you are looking for a big, juicy burger cooked just right, Jake's is a perfect place to go. I got the Carolina Burger, which had a nice, tangy BBQ sauce and a slaw with just a hint of spice on top. My wife and I went with another couple and it was a perfect atmosphere to talk and enjoy a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were sat by the kitchenBurgerme2Dined on 3/8/2014We were sat by the kitchen and had to listen to the cook yell out waitress names over and over and over to pick up food. It took forever to get our food. The waitress was not very attentive and we sat for a very long time to have our table cleared and get the check. The fries were advertised as house made but were definitely frozen. The patties on the burger were so huge they overwhelmed the tasting of all the other toppings. Could barely take a bite.
- Best burgers in townPamelaDined on 3/7/2014They are definitely the best burgers I've had by far. Milwaukee isn't exactly a "foodie" scene but this places feels like it came straight from one. Amazing flavors in the burgers. Amazing sauces. Very easy going place and laid back, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2014Good burgers and fries. Super filling. Come hungry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We had a reservation for 4 at 7:00 & were seated right away. Our waitress came & introduced herself & seemed frazzled. The burgers were good though a bit pricey, the onion rings flat & soft, not crispy. Had to ask our waitress 3 times for a glass for my wife's beer & 4 times for water for our table.. Our waitress brought out 3 of our 4 dinners but not my wife's with no explanation. When I could finally get her attention, she said my wife's burger would be out shortly as the kitchen had put their special sauce on that my wife requested not to be out on her burger. I'm pretty sure we won't be going back to this restaurant.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Nothing special especially for a place that specializes in burgers; burgers were nothing great.
- Delicious!JudyDined on 2/8/2014First time experience. We shared a salad (plenty for both of us), each had our own burger and shared friers. Our burgers were done as requested and had lots of flavor. Can't wait to go back and try one their other burgers.Special Features:
- Fantastic place, off nightBurgerLoverDined on 2/4/2014I've been to Jake's several times, and this was the first time I was at all disappointed in the food or service. I believe they were understaffed, so I'm giving them a pass, but our burgers were all cooked at least one level more done than requested and the bartender asked me to order a different drink when she realized she'd need to cut an orange for my Old Fashioned. Then she offered to make my vodka tonic a double for no extra charge, but turned around and charged me anyway. The food was still good and the service was still friendly (if frazzled) and prompt. I love this place, so I have my fingers crossed that they were just having an off night. The Wisconsin Burger is heaven in a bun and I love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best Burgersrjl53Dined on 1/25/2014The grass fed beef is great. I had the classic and by wife had the Cali. We split an regular order of onion rings. I would suggest getting either fries or onion rings, but not both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good burger, fair serviceCkressinDined on 1/11/2014I had a reservation for 4 at 6:45 on a Saturday. Burgers were fabulous - and large. I would recommend this restaurant. Only two things that could have been better: 1. We made a reservation but were seated at a hi-top in the bar area. Not a problem since the restaurant is really small and the bar stools were very comfortable. I can't gaurantee that my mom would have appreciated that though - fortunately she wasn't along. 2. Because we sat in the bar, we had a bartender instead of a waiter/waitress. Could have been better service.Special Features: