59 First Gulf Blvd.
Brampton, ON L6W 4P9Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jakesboathouse.com/
- Phone: 9054519695
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: George Deoram
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering services are available for personal or corporate functions. Whether it's a sandwich tray at the office or our famous "Tailgate Party To Go" we'll look after everything.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties go "swimmingly" in The Chart Room. Our private party room holds up to 50 people in a cozy and fun environment. We are fully wired with a 42" plasma TV, direct hook-up to your laptop for PowerPoint or video display and separate audio feed. In addition, Jake's is fully WiFi - free wireless is available throughout. Special menus, themed decorations and our famous "Jake's style" service are all available for your next private function.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Cuttle 9054519695
- Entertainment: Live music "lives" at Jake's Boathouse. Every Thursday, Friday & Saturday night, the best in Top 40 and classic hits played by some of the best "cover" bands in the GTA. Dinner & Show reservations are available.
A word from Jake's Boathouse
Jake's Boathouse has been a Brampton institution since 1979. Jake's is the home of great food and stimulating bar atmosphere, with a nautical twist. Jake's all day menu features a large selection of traditional favourites. Famous for our "Fall-Off-the-Bone" ribs, as well as fresh fish, steaks, homemade soups, tasty appetizers and traditional comfort foods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's Boathouse reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Decent FoodbozkinsDined on 6/14/2014A surprising find in an area where all the chain restaurants can be found. I was dining alone and sat in the bar area, which has many TVs and thus a sports-bar feel. There was a second level with more tables and a small outdoor patio (which wasn't open at the time). Food was good and not expensive. I had the Fish Tacos. No complaints there! If I was visiting the area again, I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's is AwesomeLuvtoeatDined on 6/6/2014We have been to Jake's Boathouse many times with friends and as a couple and it had never failed to please.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good service, Good band.MichyWestyDined on 5/24/2014Good food, Good service, Good band. Some of the patrons were a bit suspect. Don't know if I will go back ...kinda of like a thirty plus pick up joint. But the food, service and band was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Jake's Boathouse reviews archive.
- Disappointing this time.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014We have had better experiences at Jake's. This was an off night as I had to send my dinner back because it didn't smell right. Our server took it back without question and I ordered the ribs which are always great. The band wasn't to our taste either but they were entertaining to some of the crowd. We'll go back another time with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time.SUMODined on 4/4/2014Great place for the "older" crowd. Live bands every weekend get the patrons dancing and singing. Food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better servicegoodfoodbutDined on 1/16/2014Waited for food a little too long. Server was nice but not helpfulSpecial Features:
- Another memorable evening at Jakes!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013We have been going to Jakes since we met in 1993 and just love the place. The food and service are consistently great and the atmosphere is just a party waiting to happen! Do yourself a favour and check this established hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was OK but thereNicknameVIPDined on 4/13/2013The food was OK but there was surprising little seafood. The decor felt like we had stepped back into the 80's.
- Not that busy but extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2011Not that busy but extremely slow service placing drink and food orders. Some order mistakes and lukewarm food. Overall, unfortunately we were all disappointed.
- The place is a nice partyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011The place is a nice party type bar/grill. We were able to book through open table, unfortunately, after we showed up, and they had us in the computer, we were told that there was no table for us, and that they were fully booked. We had to sit 5 people at a high top bar table, and had to out in 45 minutes. I would not recommend booking through Open Table.Special Features:
- Had a great time with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Had a great time with our friends...loved the group that was playingSpecial Features:
- If you like pub type foodShirleyvsVIPDined on 2/15/2011If you like pub type food in a bar like setting this one is for you. A good guy or sports team spot for a burger and a beer. I reserved through "Open Table" which normally has a much higher calibre of food/restaurant in its listings, but this one was the only listing for Brampton where I needed to be.Special Features:
- Amazing bands! Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010Amazing bands! Great service and a fun place to wind down after a long week. I do the finger foods rather than a meal and there is a great selection and they are all very good.Special Features:
- Always a good time at Jakes.mikeDined on 6/19/2010Always a good time at Jakes. The band was great, the service staff are always friendly and fun.Special Features:
- I always have an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2009I always have an excellent time at Jakes. The bands are always very danceable, the patrons are pleasant and friendly, the food rocks, and the service is great ! Bonnie Renwick, Bell CanadaSpecial Features:
- I've been a Jake's customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2009I've been a Jake's customer for many years and appreciate the consistancy of good food and good service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2009Excellent food and service as always at this neighbourhood bar. Enjoy the people, the atmosphere and most of all the live musicSpecial Features:
- Newly updated bar area highlightsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2009Newly updated bar area highlights this Brampton mainstay where regulars frequent. Service is paramount and the reason for this 30 year success story. Food is great, upscale pubfare featuring specialty nights like Rib Monday's and Wing Wednesday's. Also one of the very few venues in the Brampton area for live music and dancing Thursday through Saturday evenings.Special Features:
- Good food and dependable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2009Good food and dependable service that allowed us to get to Rose Theatre on time.Special Features:
- I have been coming to JakesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2008I have been coming to Jakes for years. It has always been a great place. Food, atmosphere, music was great.Special Features: