Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Royal-Pacific-Resort/dining/lounges
- Phone: (407) 503-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for lunch at 11:00am, with food service until 11:00pm and a late night menu until 1:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next occasion tropical-style at Jakes American Bar. A blend of delicious New American cuisine and comfort foods along with the casual ambiance of the islands will make your event a memorable one. Jake"s American Bar features a private room that accommodates up to 65 guests. Special menus are available upon request for groups of 15 or more. If anyone in your group has special dietary requests, such as gluten-free, vegetarian or specific food allergies, our chefs will be happy to accommodate them. Fixed menu prices do not include beverage, tax or gratuity. Non-alcoholic drinks, full bar service and a wine list are available.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Kuritz 4075033445
- Entertainment: Jake's American Bar features karaoke every Thursday from 9:30pm – 1:30am and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings with a soloist or DJ from 8pm-12midnight. (subject to change)
A word from Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Through a collaborative effort of his friends and co-workers, Jake's American Bar celebrates the life of Royal Pacific Airways most beloved pilot, Captain Jake McNally. Jake's is the perfect place to meet for drinks, food and lively entertainment after your day's adventures. Featuring a variety of appetizers, salads and sandwiches, plus entrees such as the Pacific Style Skirt Steak Skewer, Hickory Smoked Salmon and Jake's Seafood Pasta, there is something for every member of the family to enjoy. If you're searching for the perfect cocktail – look no further than Captain Jake's favorites including Pacific Paradise, Blue Hawaiian, Island Fantasy and many more, plus frozen specialties and after-dinner drinks. Jake's American Bar is open daily from afternoon until late night with entertainment on select nights. Join in the celebration of this larger than life character and help bring Captain Jake back!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Breakfast with "Mr. Gru": DeceptionrtoscanoDined on 10/13/2013I went to this restaurant with my kids to see the character Gru, from "Despicable Me" movie, as the site promised. But when we got there, the waitress said me that he got cold. I paid for a breakfast with him and didn't got it. After 30 minutes, we went to Universal Park and who we meet? Him, Mr. Gru. I have to mention that the food was terrible for the price that I have paid. All the waitress was very rude, my and my wife order came wrong as the bill delivered to me. They got wrong at all that can do. Only the characters "Minion" and "HOPE" save the breakfast
- Poor service, 2 charactersmarubDined on 10/13/2013This was not what we expected. We've been at Crystal Palace and Chef's Mickey and expected rhis experience to be similar but NOT. The service was terrible (not even try ask for a caffe latte or grapefruit juice) and found only 2 Rabbits around (did not know them, neither my 3 year old boy (called Bit and Patch as we were told. Waste of money, not even try.
- The character breakfast wasSaboDined on 10/13/2013The character breakfast was disappointing. There were only two characters that came out briefly. The food was mediocre and there were limited choices. The breakfast was definitely overpriced for what it was.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!kikiDined on 10/6/2013My family and I celebrated my nephews 6th birthday at Jakes Character restaurant on Sunday and it was AMAZING! Service was great,character greeters were friendly,food was perfect! Thank you Andy (manager) and his staff for making my family and I have a great time and my nephews birthday wish come true with the minion dining!! :) We are definitely going to share this with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusiongingerfreakDined on 9/22/2013I was there with my family and it was total confusion! My dad's order was totally wrong and they brought out everyone's food but my husbands! When they finally brought his food they brought out a whole new tray a food that was out order all over again that was actually correct! since we had already started eating we didn't take it! Waste of money in my opinion, the only good thing was the characters came to the table for the kids!Special Features:
- Breakfast At JakesHalUDined on 8/25/2013The service and atmosphere were great. Kids enjoyed the character visits during breakfast. The food itself was not up to expectations. Lots of food, but lower quality than I would have liked. Rubbery pancakes and "funny" tasting coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch without MinnionsRestonDined on 8/11/2013I requested special treat for my son due to his birthday. Also, we mentioned that in the comments' section during the reservation process and others reminders during phone call confirmation and in person with the hosts. But, the restaurant staff paid no attention to our request, or make any comments to us how to make this day special for him during the brunch with the character. Actually, we selected this venue because our son wanted to share with a specific character that the restaurant advertised (The Minnions), as soon as we arrived, we received the bad news that the Minions would not appear and did not receive any apology for the inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good character breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Go to the one in Universal Studios. Thank me later.Special Features:
- Super settingHutchfan1Dined on 7/29/2013We stayed one night at Lowes Royal Pacific and chose Jakes for dinner in view of its lovely relaxed atmosphere and reasonably priced menu, which had something for everyone. I definitely recommend Jakes to anyone looking for good food in a nice casual setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character Brunch was a hit!Jojoba76Dined on 7/28/2013My four year old son is a picky eater, but we went specifically for him to see some of his favorite Characters. He loved seeing & interacting with Mr.Gru and the Minion from Despicable Me as well as the bunnies from HOP. The staff made sure each character stopped at each table. The food was good, but the service just okay. Environment was noisy but perfect for those with kids. Family friendly for sure. Just took our server a bit of time to acknowledge us, but once she did, it was a good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price: The only problempatlealnDined on 6/30/2013The only problem was the price, especially for the children who doesn´t eat very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Character brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2013Jakes has a special character brunch for the summer, Sunday mornings only. This is probably the best character brunch we have ever went to. It was myself, my husband and our six year old grandson. As we walked up to the podium to check in we could already feel the energy. EB and pink beret bunny from HOP were dancing with staff and kids right inside the door. We were seated immediately and drink orders were taken. Brunch explained, menus left for us to decide our entree. We really liked how this brunch was done. The pastrys/breads, fruit, pancake bar were help yourself. Gru and minion Bob were also there. Everything was outstanding. Wonderful character interaction. I hope they continue this after September, we would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on the patiocoevacation2013Dined on 5/27/2013we had a great family dinner out on the patio outdoor dining at Jakes. The food was fabulous and the service was fantastic. We were taking advantage of the discount given to active duty or retired military, my husband is retired Navy, it was for memorial day. It was a great way to thank him for his service. He was very appreciative. We are going back in Aug for our anniversary and plan on eating here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally poor food forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Exceptionally poor food for and extremely high price. Get a cab and go somewhere else you will have better food for less money.
- Seemed to be run by the unenthusiasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2013Seemed to be run by the unenthusiastic high school and college students of Orlando. Our waiter had no knowledge of the food or drinks menus. The meal was mediocre at best. We were disappointed to find such a failure in an otherwise lovely resort.
- Locals try Jake's, but ......OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We were locals and went to the hotel for a Christmas get together. We had 7:00 pm reservations and were seated immediately. The menu had just changed a few weeks before we dined. They seemed to still be getting used to it. Items were left off of plates when they were delivered to the table, but were brought after we requested them. The Buns for the burgers were of very low quality. Had the lamb burger and turkey burger. Both were OK. The lettuce was wilted. Also ordered sirloin steak. It was rather tough. The Buffalo chicken pizza was one of the worst pizzas that I ever had. It had no flavor. I have had better pizzas at a school lunch. The deserts were good. The service was good.
- We ended up not eating. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012We ended up not eating. You need to update your online menu because its completely different than the restaurant menu. Unfortunately we came in looking for specific things and those were no longer on the menu. We appreciate island food (from living in Kaneohe, Hawaii for 3 1/2 years), but it was too little of a menu selection for us. The waitress was amazing and kind. And the decor was great.Special Features:
- The best place to eat whileKash47Dined on 6/14/2012The best place to eat while you're staying at the Royal Pacific....sit outside by the waterfall...beautiful!!Special Features:
- Our family - two adults, twoHJNYDined on 4/8/2012Our family - two adults, two teens - was staying at the Royal Pacific Hotel, so we chose Jake's American for convenience. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We were able to sit outdoors, across from a waterfall in the hotel's garden - very pleasant. Menu had something for everyone. Service was VERY friendly and solicitous. Turkey burger with brie was excellent, hamburger was enjoyed by our 13 year old, grilled mozzarella w/tomato was a bit flavorless, though. An excellent choice if you're staying at the Royal Pacific or need a break from Universal Studios. It's just a short walk from CityWalk and did not have the long lines of CityWalk restaurants.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic. ArrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2012Service was fantastic. Arrived for our reservation 1/2 hour early because the kids were starving, an were seated within 5 minutes.Special Features:
- Great service we sat rightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2012Great service we sat right away beautiful restaurant!
- It was Valintines Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012It was Valintines Day and our aniversery. I asked for out door seating just for 2. They put us in the area we asked for. I requested a candel for the table and they supplied it. The food was awesome anad everyone one was so nice. Thanks for making our special night so wonderful. Ken and Judy DSpecial Features:
- GREAT EXCEPT IT COST 21.30OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2012GREAT EXCEPT IT COST 21.30 TO PARK AT T6HE HOTEL PARKING LOT ,IT SHOULD BE FREE IF YOU ARE EATING THERE LIKE WE DID.Special Features:
- We had a dissappointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2012We had a dissappointing experience. The food was good and they were VERY accommodating for gluten free guests, however the service was very lacking. There was no bus staff and we had to ask to have our table cleared.
- Great findbdaysmashDined on 12/31/2011Jake's at the Royal Pacific is a great restaurant to eat while visiting the Universal Parks. The restaurant is in the beautiful Royal Pacific, the setting is beautiful, the atmosphere was great, the waitress was outstanding, and the menu is not extensive but the food we ordered was great. Also the cost is very reasonable for the location.Special Features:
- food was just mediocre. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011food was just mediocre. There were 8 of us and we all felt similarly. Our waitress was great, however.Special Features:
- Have been to Jake's many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2011Have been to Jake's many times. Service and food was better in the past. Ordered a turkey burger that was not edible. The waitress did not ask me about it, just took it away. Will not recommend this place. I am a Gold Member of Loew's First. I have noticed a decline in Jake's this year over the last ten years. Especially in the quality of food and table service.Special Features:
- Overall a nice atmosphere...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011Overall a nice atmosphere... parking was difficult... although it was not very busy, service was very good... food was as expected... a bit pricy for my liking - not a restaurant issue, but I really wish Orlando in general would treat locals better than vacationer's that are only here for a few daysSpecial Features: