Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Royal-Pacific-Resort/dining/lounges
- Phone: (407) 503-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for lunch at 11:00am, with food service until 11:00pm and a late night menu until 1:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next occasion tropical-style at Jakes American Bar. A blend of delicious New American cuisine and comfort foods along with the casual ambiance of the islands will make your event a memorable one. Jake"s American Bar features a private room that accommodates up to 65 guests. Special menus are available upon request for groups of 15 or more. If anyone in your group has special dietary requests, such as gluten-free, vegetarian or specific food allergies, our chefs will be happy to accommodate them. Fixed menu prices do not include beverage, tax or gratuity. Non-alcoholic drinks, full bar service and a wine list are available.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Kuritz 4075033445
- Entertainment: Jake's American Bar features karaoke every Thursday from 9:30pm – 1:30am and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings with a soloist or DJ from 8pm-12midnight. (subject to change)
A word from Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Through a collaborative effort of his friends and co-workers, Jake's American Bar celebrates the life of Royal Pacific Airways most beloved pilot, Captain Jake McNally. Jake's is the perfect place to meet for drinks, food and lively entertainment after your day's adventures. Featuring a variety of appetizers, salads and sandwiches, plus entrees such as the Pacific Style Skirt Steak Skewer, Hickory Smoked Salmon and Jake's Seafood Pasta, there is something for every member of the family to enjoy. If you're searching for the perfect cocktail – look no further than Captain Jake's favorites including Pacific Paradise, Blue Hawaiian, Island Fantasy and many more, plus frozen specialties and after-dinner drinks. Jake's American Bar is open daily from afternoon until late night with entertainment on select nights. Join in the celebration of this larger than life character and help bring Captain Jake back!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Ugh-can I have my money back?WastedMoney160Dined on 11/9/2014Not worth the money. Very disappointing. Wasted $160. This character breakfast was very disappointing,especially for the price. This was our first visit to Disney/Universal. This $160 could have been spent on MUCH, MUCH better things. Very disappointing. Would never do this again and would not recommend.Special Features:
- Scoobyd266Dined on 11/2/2014Had the character breakfast for our daughter's 3rd birthday. It was awesome!!! Good was delicious, service was great & the kids had a blast with the characters. We would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Surprise for Hotel DiningZKBatesDined on 9/12/2014We were pleasantly surprised by how good the food and service was at Jake's. The calamari was excellent, as was the crawfish chowder! My only complaint would be that they do not serve bread. Our waitress was able to get some from the restaurant next door but it was not freshly made, just store-bought rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner to end vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Last night at Universal at the end August and decided on Jake's for dinner in our hotel. Sitting down I began looking around half expecting Indiana Jones to grab a seat at the bar. The service was outstanding: friendly and attentive. The food was excellent American fare. We had the soft pretzel twists for appetizers and burgers for the main course. Next time we visit we won't wait until the last night to eat here. I also took notice how great the service was toward a table of our fellow patrons who had with them three small children.Special Features:
- Good time.MatthewDined on 8/10/2014We ate here for the Minion Brunch and had an excellent time.Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Jake's American Bar at Loews Royal Pacific Resort reviews archive.
- Great Resort RestaurantRobertsTravelsDined on 7/12/2014The service was great, the food was delicious, even the kids loved it. We had a great experience here and will return when back at Universal Studios Orlando area!Special Features:
- just okayluvgoodfoodDined on 6/29/2014Food was just Ok. Service was disorganized. Ordered the cheese fries which are supposed to come with hamburger meat. Didn't come meat, told the waiter and then they just brought an bowl of hamburger meat to mix it in. Ordered the sampler beers, tried them and then he couldn't tell me which one it was. Like I said not horrible, but they're plenty of restaurants within walking distance that are a lot better for the same amount of money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We had a great time with the characters, especially the Minions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Very expensive for what you get. Would have liked more characters. Need better coffee. Would be better if it were 25 less for group of 4Special Features:
- Good bar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014Had the fish and chips and liked it a lot, although I wish they had offered malt vinegar with it along with the tartar sauce. Checking in was slow, but I think it was due to a large group with all kinds of requests ahead of us that slowed it down. Overall a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character DiningShawnDined on 6/8/2014Character Dining was great. The characters really took their time at each table and were very friendly. We never felt rushed and the prices were reasonable. The food was very fresh and very good.Special Features:
- Awesome Experincecjack83Dined on 5/25/2014The experience was awesome. The waiters were extremely nice and patient. The food was great and the pictures with the characters were cool. Everything was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience with Disney JrOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We had breakfast and we got to meet Jake, princess Sofia and other Disney jr characters. They also make a show every 30 min where kids get to dance and interact with them and then they get back to work and meet everybody at their tables. Food is ok but not great. This is a very good idea for breakfast or lunch if you want to skip lines inside the park for meeting them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the Character Breakfast!MarcBDined on 5/11/2014We were seated fairly quickly upon our arrival at Jake's American Grille and the server was excellent. It was buffet style food that probably would have been okay if it wasn't cold. The first characters from the movie Hop were very attentive even though my girls had no idea who they were. We had all finished breakfast but no Minions in sight for our kids to meet. After 30 minutes of waiting, a manager asked us if they could help us and we told them we were waiting on the Despicable Me characters. She rushed them over at that point for about 90 seconds of picture taking in an attempt to get our 5 top table cleared. Nice...to add insult to injury, an hour and a half breakfast ended up costing $130 including $23 for parking?! NEVER AGAIN!
- sarahlu20Dined on 5/11/2014We had breakfast here on Mother's Day 2014. Buffet was very good and characters were great too! We met Gru, a minion, EB and the pink beret bunnies. It was quiet and atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Easy returned from the park abd went right to dinner casual relaxing funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Character Dining ExperienceThuSenseDined on 4/13/2014We had breakfast here during our Universal Orlando Resorts vacation. Food was good, desserts even better. Our family of 5, including 4 kids, was visited by Hop and Despicable Me characters (we scheduled during a Character Dining time). It was a vastly better experience than the Character Breakfast we had inside the Universal Studios park, where we had to wait a long time even though we had reservations and the food was awful. I would recommend Islands Dining Room to other families looking for a relaxed family dining experience and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Service was slow. Charged a 18% service charge for 4 adults a child and an infant so had to complain and had it reimbursed. Had booked for the Minion character breakfast having seen an advert. However, only one Minion present which was another disappointing aspect of the visit.
- Far too loud and expensiveKatePerry2014Dined on 4/13/2014This character breakfast was booked as a surprise treat for our family however it paled in comparison to a similar Disney experience. The music was ridiculously loud for Sunday morning breakfast despite asking for it to be turned down. The food was fair but not worth the cost and there wasn't the range of characters advertised, nor did they interact as hoped. Being charged $20 for parking added insult to injury. A friend is waiting to hear my experiences before booking but I shall advise her to save her time and money. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Splended - BrunchHop2cuteDined on 4/6/2014We had a wonderful time the characters spent quality time with my daughter and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining and drinkingHeliPeteDined on 3/30/2014Enjoyed a great night at Jakes restaurant with some amazing food and great drinks. As a big Craft beer fan, I really enjoyed their excellent selection of Craft beers and found some new favourites. Was also impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of our waiter, Phil, with regards to details of the Craft beers Highly RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014I would like you to know from first walking in no one and the hostess stand for a good 5-10 minutes. Then she check for the table came back after 5 minutes And she had a table but needed silverware.Which it took another 10 minutes which the line was getting so long.finally came back to seat us which she sat us and took off quickly so we didn't know what to do to stay seated and wait for a waiter or get food.10 minutes went by and no waiter or anybody to say hi to us or tell us what to do and believe a lot of workers walking around and the place really not busy. We ended up getting up and getting our food.. We'll after our meal almost done still waiting for someone to come and give us drinks and never did. Food bad everything gone of almost.
- Agradável e delicioso café da manhãElianeDined on 3/23/2014Local bonito, agradável, de bom gosto, confortável e comida muito saborosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedDisney2014Dined on 2/23/2014They say it's character dinning and that's why we went and they only had 2 of the same! Totally not worth the 130.00 I paid for it !! Lucky the food and service was good but not what they promoted!!!Special Features:
- Terrible Character BreakfastnotafoodieDined on 2/23/2014Don't waste your money on the Despicable Me Character breakfast. The food is ok - just what you would expect from a hotel buffet/breakfast, but the service and characters were dreadful. It took 30 min to see our first character and it was a rabbit that neither of my kids knew and when we asked our waiter who it was he did not know either. By the time Gru came out we wanted to leave to try and get to the parks when they opened. We did not even stick around to see a minion b/c it was so slow. They should take a page from Disney's book and figure out how to make a character breakfast work.
- Not worth it at allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014It says on the website that you can choose a la carte as well but that is NOT true. The buffet is the saddest I have ever seen, runny eggs, cold and hard French toast not worth it AT ALL. the service was rushed and not attentive although the place was almost empty. we had 2 characters come to our table.
- very disappointed with charactersmamadawgzDined on 2/16/2014The food and service were very good. However, we dined here for a Character Breakfast and were VERY disappointed. The characters were initially 2 rabbits from "Hop". Next, was Gru from "Despicable Me". There were no Minions, as was advertised. I've been to several other character breakfasts/dinners, not at Universal Resort, and were able to see all the characters that was advertised. They normally have all the characters rotate throughout the dining room so every seating is able to visit with a character. I'm not sure if Jake's only has 2 people to play all the characters, but they really need to work on that. We were very disappointed, especially since we spent well over $100 on breakfast. It definitely wasn't worth the money.Special Features:
- Went for the characters. ThatGabHDined on 2/9/2014Went for the characters. That was the only good part. Terrble service, shouldn't call it a buffet, not impressed with the food. nothing like Disney character breakfasts we've experienced. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- nice character breakfastDenize2014Dined on 2/2/2014My grandson FRANCO, who was celebrating his 7th birthday, loved to meet with GRU and one MINION. The wole family enjoyed the happy atmosphere of the restaurant. It was a very nice character breakfast! After that, we stayed at the Portofino hotel where I had reserved two minion suites for my 4 grandsons. Thank you! Denize Araujo and family, from BrazilSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 minutes to get a drinkDominickDined on 2/2/2014Food was good. Meeting the characters was fun for all but it was about 10 minutes before someone came to table and greeted us and only after I visited host stand.Special Features:
- Character Dining BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014Took the kids for the character breakfast and was very happy with the whole experience. The breakfast was great; the hawaiian pancakes are the best pancakes i've ever had! Our server was very-friendly and attentive. My kids were thrilled to see Gru and his minion, and the characters spent a good amount of time at each table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2014Reservation was ready when we arrived. Food great, and special birthday treat for our 16 year old was perfect. Thanks to our waiter and staff for a nice family dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's Beer DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014I attended the recent beer dinner on Jan 17th. The food was great and so was the service. And we were given a gift of craft beer and glasses at the end. I would recommend this event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Beer DinnerScottHDined on 1/17/2014Was great! The food, beer and the service were all outstanding. Hoping to go to more of these in the future. We live in Michigan however, we may consider cashing in some miles and attending this down the road. We were told there was an event in May that would be good to attend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character DiningTBytesDined on 12/29/2013Kids really enjoyed Sunday Brunch with fun characters from Despicable Me and Hop. Characters were funny, friendly and engaging. Food was very tasty and plentiful!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Character BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013We were expecting an overall awesome spread you would expect for an expensive Sunday brunch. Jake's was a sad disappointment. Not only was the food terrible, service extremely slow and our food cold, but they only had two characters walking around taking photos and mainly scaring the kids. We were the only table there at first then two other tables were seated 15 minutes later, but they somehow were served their food way before us. We could have had better breakfast at cheap motel. I will never go back here again. We should have just had breakfast at the Portofino where we were staying without the characters, but we thought it would be fun for the kids.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2013Universal should be embarrassed to feature this as a character breakfast. I wouldn't even let the Minions eat here. The food is terrible. The restaurant is dark, dated and dismal. We spent close to $200 there and wish I could get a refund. I was very disappointed by the terrible food quality and dingy atmosphere.
- Meh...OnceinalifetimeDined on 12/5/2013I was really excited about eating here. From what I had seen and read it seemed like a night time hot spot and lively bar with American eats and draft beers. When we got there the restaurant was nearly empty (at 6:15pm) and the people who were there were mostly over 50 or 60. The only beer they had on tap was ale and lager. The only burger they had was a regular cheese burger with 1 onion ring for 14 bucks. Not worth the money or the time really. I got the chicken parm sandwich....dry, no sauce, and really almost inedible. The fries were good. The service wasn't terrible but really he wasn't ever really around. I would never go back and wouldn't recommend it.Special Features:
- adequatesocaldineDined on 11/17/2013nothing special, was pricey for the quality of food. Service was lacking. THey seemed to be short on servers. We had to ask a different server on multiple occasions to bring my son ketchup, to bring silverware to the table, to bring our check, etc
- Not worth itninakVIPDined on 10/20/2013went there for character breakfast but everything about it was pathetic and food was over priced and bad.