847 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jaipurchicago.com/home
- Phone: 3125263655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday:5:00PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3125263655
A word from Jaipur
We at the Jaipur try to make each dish a distinctive refined preparation. Our food is a representation of the many and varied regional cuisines of India. Jaipur looks forward to assiting its guests in every need through thousands of years of traditional indian cooking. Please relax and enjoy our freshest preparations from our traditional Indian Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jaipur reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- No wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014This restaurant really gives bad name to Indian food. Service is really poor. Their buffet was horrible. I would say NO way pls dont' wast ur time and money :(
- Great food, a little priceyPurefoodistDined on 8/4/2014Loved the ambiance. The food was delicious but seemed a little pricey given that the price of a curry doesn't include rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffed on a Friday NightEmdoc1VIPDined on 7/18/2014We eat at Jaipur and also order delivery from there on a regular basis, as it is one of our favorite Indian restaurants in Chicago. The food is always outstanding. We were disappointed that on a Friday night they were clearly understaffed, so our group of 5 people including two out of town guests, had to wait long times to order, to have our water glasses refilled, for the waiter to come back and take a desert order and then to get the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodGreatVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is bad food and service and is very over priced
- Bad serviceExpertDinerDined on 6/25/2014Service was a serious let down for our group of 9. We had to wait 20 mins for someone to come to our table and ask for order. This was after calling them twice. Tables were really cramped. On a positive note, the food was good.
- Good lunch *buffet*, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/23/2014Lovely restaurant, very good food and service. The lunch special is a table-delivered buffet service. A few concerns with this style - the table becomes overwhelmingly crowded with food, and it's also very wasteful, as you can't take anything to go due to the buffet-style (all-you-can-eat) presentation. We had one round of service for three adults and there was plenty leftover, which we were very sorry to see go to waste. We all thought that if you don't ask for a second round of food it would make sense to allow the first round of food to be taken home (rather then just thrown out). Otherwise it was a very nice lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my favorites listPleasantDined on 6/18/2014My husband has NEVER had a favorite restaurant, but Jaipur has changed all of that. I'm am shocked and super excited that now we can partake in his favorite on date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and disorganizedIamdd441Dined on 6/14/2014They were ambushed by several large parties that night but we had our reservation for two months. Still our table took 20 minutes to set up, they did not have clean glasses to give us water, and they were out of papadum. The place was super noisy which was not what I was expecting. I had booked it for my graduation dinner. We couldn't even talk to eachother at the table. The good came out fine. When it came time to pay for dinner they charged our credit card twice. Now we have to wait to be reimbursed. This place is more hip/trendy, not classy like the other places on Randolph.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Jaipur reviews archive.
- Will be back soonbonappVIPDined on 5/13/2014Great food and service. The lunch special for $17 is served family-style (their less cumbersome version of a typical buffet) has a great variety of classic Indian fare and they do not skimp: the Chicken Korma was perfectly curried with medium spice and the Mutter Paneer had a subtle mild curry (that alone could have been my dessert!). The garlic nan was light, hot and fresh off the fire. The Bengan Bhartha was also delicious, but I saved room for the small and sweet dessert of Gajar Halwi (was the sweetness of the carrots boosted by a tad too much brown sugar?). Others at my table ordered off the menu and concurred - this place is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom liked iti8thewholethingDined on 5/11/2014Took my mother here for Mother's Day. Family enjoyed food immensely. Drawback- cleanliness- food smeared on the white booth where we were seated; food stains on menus; dishes were dirty (!hair found on my plate!) Waitstaff seemed more attentive to outdoor patrons since it was a nice day outside.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Jaipur is a city in Rajastan known for its own unique cuisine, menu looked very generic. It has raves and rants about how great this place is on Yelp, be it decor, service, ambiance or food, none of it held up. Now to the most important aspect of an Indian restaurant, FOOD - I would say it was fair. i wonder if India food can be made without using a freezer.Special Features:
- Just an OK restaurantharryiitDined on 5/5/2014India house is way better than Jaipur .. So good to always try this place, but if you want the best .. This is not the one.
- Michelin Bib GourmandHonestDinerVIPDined on 5/4/2014A nice Indian restaurant in the Randolph St. restaurant row area. Though the Devon area has some Indian places with better food, this place has a nicer ambience and is one of the better Indian restaurants in the downtown area. Saag paneer was pretty good, as was the sauce for the mulai kufta. The appetizers were not very good. We got the sampler and were not happy. The yellow dal and lamb rogan josh were okay. This place did make it on to the Michelin bib gourmand, so it's worth checking out and is a good Indian option in its area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian Food, Reasonable PriceUpNorthDined on 4/19/2014Very nice. About quarter of patrons were Indians. Extensive menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding butOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was outstanding but the service was not. The table bussers seemed too quick to take our plates and the waiter too quick with the check. Even so, the food is worth going back for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service IssueKimberlyHDined on 4/4/2014The customer Service was bad at the end. They made us beg for a little piece of pita bread with our packed up meal. I believe it was racial.At first everything was going well. The service form our waiter was good and the food was good. When we were getting our food to go at the end of dinner Only ONE of our meals had a pita left so we requested a piece of Pita Bread with one of the meals. 1 little piece of Pita bread. They went back and forth and fought us on giving it to us. It was ridiculous and I was really annoyed.
- Service was dismal, food was OKchicdinerDined on 3/22/2014Service, for a restaurant in this district, was shockingly bad, we got served by 3-4 different waiters, some speaking little or no English and had bad manners. Food was OK, not better than your neighborhood Indian place.Special Features:
- On the listKrvtDined on 3/17/2014This was my second visit and it was even better than the first. The service was very good and the servers helpful with the menu choices. Lots of good food and a nice inviting dining room. On my list for places to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - great; Service - badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014The hostess was incredibly rude, and immediately after we were seated (we didn't even have water yet) a waiter ran up to us and said, "Do you know what you want to order yet?! I'd really like to get that in now." Uh, no we don't we literally just sat down. How about fill our water first and wait till we've had one second to look at the menu? So odd/rude and the service really colored our experience, despite the fact that the food was great.Special Features:
- Unfortunate choiceLambchopsDined on 3/8/2014Upon recommendation of friends who loved it - four of us went for dinner. One tandorie plate was over-done to the point of dried out chicken - left much uneaten. My lamb chops were tender and flavorful - but greasy. I had asked for "medium", they came well done but still very tasty. The service was terrible. Main courses were brought to the table before we had finished our appatisers...so I had a choice - finish my good soup and let my chops get cold, or skip the rest of my soup and eat my main course. Everyone at the table had the same experience as servers tried to remove half-eaten first courses. We had the feeling of being rushed throughout the meal so they could seat other customers.
- Best Indian food I've hadBmisDined on 2/22/2014Best Indian food I've had in Chicago. Never was my water glass left empty. Dim and quite, nice for a relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014The food was delicious and the server was helpful with selecting dishes, but the server did not come back after the food was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBarbDined on 2/15/2014We had been here once when they first opened and thought we should try it again. Walking In, the ambience was very nice--the decor, the lighting, the music. The service was very good too, but I found the most important thing, the food, lacking. We had samosas and another appetizer. The samosas looked pretty, but were dry. I can't remember the name of the other appetizer, but it was very tasty. My biggest disappointment was my tandoori chicken. I have had it many places and it's always very tender and delicious. Here it was dry, that shouldn't happen. The naan was also dry. It tasted more like a overcooked flour tortilla than naan I've had at other restaurants. My husband said his chicken curry was not bad, but nothing special.
- Romantic, cozy and funlynnl1006Dined on 2/14/2014First time ever having Indian food and this restaurant definitely made a wonderful impression. I highly recommend Chicken tikka masala and garlic cheese naan. The chicken tandoori was really good but a little dry for me, however the 2 sides of sauces were fantastically amazing! Will definitely be back. Alsp, Taj Mahal premium beer was yummy too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful wait staffDinerDined on 2/14/2014Our server was very helpful and recommended some dishes for us. The food was very good, especially the onion pakora appetizer. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful find!sshapirVIPDined on 2/11/2014With the ambiance of the Pink City, Jaipur is a lovely spot with very good Indian food. I had a fairly "proletarian" meal of chicken korma and a vegetable biryani that was delicious and appropriately seasoned for my tastes. The service was attentive without being cloying. We never felt rushed; the timing was perfect. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Devon on RandolphOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014The food was on point. We had the lunch buffet which included more food than we could comfortably eat...so we stuffed in as much as we could and rolled out. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaipur is a Neighborhood gemBoz2Dined on 1/24/2014We took my vegetarian parents here while they were visiting. There were so many delicious options that we tried many of them. The Jaipur sampler was perfect and a great way to share some appetizers. We eat got our own entrees and shared a rice side. Everything we had was great. I great place to share food and the scene was lively. I would recommend to anyone that wants a great food experience.Special Features:
- Extremely tasty but awful serviceelisagDined on 1/18/2014I think this restaurant has the best indian food of chicago. it is authentic and in each dish, you feel the taste. it is so good! i went for lunch with my boyfriend. we both loved it! also, because the lunch menu is very cheap and abundant! BUT, the service was extremely poor. The waiter that served us he water spilled the water all around the table and didnt even offer to change our table given that the restaurant was empty and there was still no food on the table... then, he started talking loud with the other employees in spanish. honestly, he ruined all the experience! i would give 5 stars to this restaurant, bc the food is amazing and the environment is cool but i really think that you should pick better your employees...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfoodjunkieDined on 1/15/2014Everything was good. Service was great. They were patient with us ordering. Large selection of food. There's something for everyone at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Indian Food Done RightJennyTDined on 1/4/2014Indian is one of my favorite cuisines. BUT, so often when we eat at Indian restaurants the food is over-salted which completely ruins the meal for me. Usually we prefer Indian food prepared by home cooks. However, we all found the food aug Jaipur to be delicious, with no over-salting problems. We also enjoyed the ambiance. We had a small child with us and, like all Indian restaurants we have visited, Jaipur was kid friendly. At the same time, the decor and lighting are upscale enough to make this a suitable date venue. We highly recommend it. (One surprise: the Vindaloo was very mild; usually it is one of the hottest dished on the menu. Wonder why, especially as the waiter specifically noted that it was a "spicy" dish.)Special Features:
- Food delicious - ambiancesexxyVIPDined on 11/7/2013Food delicious - ambiance lovely - service delightfulSpecial Features:
- Tasty Indian Food Served QuicklyChicagoCarynVIPDined on 11/1/2013They have a nice menu and the staff seems willing to help you make selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2013Dined at Jaipur twice in the past week to celebrate Diwali with my co-workers from India. They assured me Jaipur is authentic and the food was delicious. The lunch "buffet" is a treat. Not your standard walk-up buffet, but a broad menu of dishes (curry, dan, tandoori, naan, etc) brought to you at your table and replenished (quickly) as you dine. The assortment of lunch "buffet" dishes changes daily. Dined with 4 others, as well as with a group twice that size - both times, the service was sharp. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FindSkibumzzVIPDined on 9/24/2013I have not really eaten a lot of Indian food but I will be sure to go back to Jaipur. Very good meal.Special Features:
- Great food, poor servicesansuVIPDined on 7/20/2013Everything we had was delicious. We had lamb and shrimp curry, we also had the tandoori mix grill. The only issue was the poor service. Although our waitress was very nice, she was busy with other customers. They really need to get more wait staff, especially on Saturday eveningsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Food, Fantastic ServiceJulzBDined on 7/14/2013We had a dinner reservation for 10 on July 14 and picked Jaipur based on good reviews in TripAdvisor. We are so happy we picked Jaipur. The food was authentic, perfectly cooked and there was a great selection for all the vegetarians in our group. We especially liked the chicken korma, lamb kebabs and lamb vindaloo. Mandy and all the staff were simply the best--warm, welcoming and accommodating! They kept the restaurant open for over an hour after closing (we felt bad when we found out because we didn't realize the time!) but the staff were very very nice, didn't rush us out and our whole group appreciated it! We will highly recommend Jaipur to our friends and colleagues visiting Chicago for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2013The food at Jaipur speaks for itself + the staff here is very kind + I really dug the relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Interesting Dinner!FunLady50Dined on 5/25/2013I am not very knowledgable about Indian food. The waiter was VERY accommodating and helpful without being obtrusive. He explained food pairings and different dishes. Nevertheless, we ordered too much food; however, it was delicious. I would recommend it and also go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made reservations for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013We made reservations for a team lunch and had the family style buffet lunch -- it was great! Got to try a lot of dishes for a moderate price. I wish they would serve less of each item to begin with so we wouldn't waste as much food and get more of what we really liked.Special Features: