Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine
9401 Lee Highway
Fairfax, VA 22031Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://jaipurcuisine.com/
- Phone: (703) 766-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jaipur Caterings specializes in combining the most exciting and flavorful food with an unmatched eye for detail of our staff - a mix guaranteed to create a fun-filled and tasty gathering. We have hosted many memorable events over the past 11 years in various venues. Give us a call anytime at 703-766-1111 or email us at email@example.com. Let us plan your next special occasion. What we like most is seeing a group of people enjoying their time together!
- Private Party Facilities: Jaipur is available for intimate gatherings and small get-togethers. The restaurant has a private section for up to 18 guests. For large groups accommodations and special occasions or events we can cater to any Location of your choice. Give us a call anytime at 703-766-1111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Archana 7037661111
A word from Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine
Welcome to Jaipur, a Royal Indian Cuisine. Known as the Pink City, Jaipur is one of the jewels of Rajasthan, a northern Indian province west of New Delhi. The cuisine we present is rooted in the rich heritage of India it is a combination of subtle tastes where the flavors are as varied as India’s climate and as exotic as India's people. Fragrant, pungent and warm spices from all over India are delicately blended to create the dishes. The blending and preparation of spices is a centuries-old craft and indispensable to Indian cuisine. The decor includes rows of beads adorned with brilliantly colored birds and a contingent of elaborately dressed puppets, stunning paintings by Indian Artists and the interior design in accordance with the principles of Rajisthans Royal Palace.Continued
Our Dishes are authentically prepared in our restaurant, just as we would in our own home. Enjoy our hospitality, and consider our home yours!
Our Dishes are authentically prepared in our restaurant, just as we would in our own home. Enjoy our hospitality, and consider our home yours!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- tasty food at reasonable price.ShubhansDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed dining at Jaipur. Good food, good service and reasonable prices. What more do you need.Special Features:
- Nice discovery!thehappydinerDined on 10/24/2014I booked a party of at Jaipur Royal actually thinking it was a completely different restaurant. The lovely surprise was tht it was beautiful inside, a perfect gathering spot for our friends. They gave us a nice table in a corner of the dining area so we could easily talk. Everyone loved the food and service was attentive but not hovering. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Consistent and goodSoars55Dined on 9/20/2014We go with friends and share our dinner selections. The menu is extensive, and everything very good. We asked for medium hot and thought it a bit tame, still tasty. Could actually just have their excellent naan and beer, but ground lamb and tanroori chicken are favorites. Jaipur is our favorite in No. Va./Springfield/Fairfax for Indian food. Notable as lots Indian families also go here. One "caution" Pink City Combo is 3 large scoops of ice cream (pistachio, rose, and mango). Very nice, but after gorging on the main meal, it was too much! My friends manfully finished every bite but were really stuffed. You might share with others rather than to order it for each individual. Rasmalai (cheese dumplings) is smaller & excellent.Special Features:
- A Pleasant Re-aquaintanceViennaWeeneeVIPDined on 9/6/2014We hadn't been to Jaipur Royal for a few years but a coupon tempted us back. We were very pleased. It seemed that the menu had expanded and there were so many good choices we had a hard time picking. We noticed some items we have not seen on other Indian restaurants and had a lamb dish and a chicken dish, both very tasty. The onion naan was delicious. The wine list is limited but the prices are excellent compared to most other restaurants. Even with so many good Indian restaurants to choose from, Jaipur Royal will be on our rotation.Special Features:
- PerfectDCDinerDined on 9/4/2014I invited some colleagues who will be traveling with me to India this month, but who had never experienced Indian cuisine. Despite one being on a low carb diet and the other having aversion to spicy food we had a wonderful meal and experience. The waitstaff was very patient as we made our decisions. Lamb biryani, chicken tikka tandoori and saag paneer were wonderful. Samosas were large and well-spiced. The bread made me happy that I was not on a low carb diet :) The atmosphere was very nice too.Special Features:
- The Hundred Foot JourneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014Thanks to the movie The Hundred Foot Journey we decided to broaden our tastes. Very formal atmosphere, though I was wearing shorts and so were other patrons. The staff was very attentive and provided menu recommendations. Our kids joined us, ages 6 and 8, they did fine, but this isn't a crayons and kids menu type of place. Food was fantastic, the different types of bread are a must try. It was my first authentic Indian food experience and I would definitely return.
- A favorite!bajaVIPDined on 8/22/2014One of the best for Indian food -- the Murgh Makni is fantastic! We've been here several times, and will return.
- The decor has a exotic taste to itSergioDined on 8/14/2014This was mine 4th time eating at this restaurant. I can tell you one thing that their service and their food has always been delicious and done just right. The menu is expands itself into more that enough north Indian dishes so you have a lot of choices to pick from and you won't be disappointed with any of them. Even my vegetarian friend was quite surprise that so dishes can has that much flavor and richness to them. And after all the classic mango lassi is really good at this place with any spicy dishes..will definitely go back soonSpecial Features:
- Say yes to JaipurCandBDined on 8/8/2014We adore the food at this neighborhood restaurant. The dishes are second to none and the service is always top notch. The wait staff is always attentive and there to help with your every need. If you ask for it to be hot, they make it smoking hot - which is how we like it!! There is also a warm family feel here, with the owners bringing you your check and stopping by your table to see how things are. This is a restaurant not to be missed.Special Features:
- Really DeliciousJkiserVIPDined on 8/1/2014Went here because of the great reviews, and wasn't disappointed. The place was very quiet, so I wouldn't recommend bringing children. I was very impressed by the attentive service, on top of very good food. I never really get Mango Lassi, but I recommend saving some room for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Always GoodSeptemberVIPDined on 6/30/2014We dine at Jaipur with some regularity and find that the food and service are always very good. Had a beer with a good deal of flavor this time as well.Special Features:
- Excellent Menu - High QualityTheQuietDinerDined on 6/29/2014A truly excellent menu. All dishes well prepared. Service is cordial and professional. Decor is attractive. Nose levels are moderate. The dining experience here is pleasant and always reliable. Will continue to recommend to friends and to patronize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Indian food in the areaasdfVIPDined on 5/26/2014The food here was absolutely delicious, and reasonably priced. It's a little bit in the middle of nowhere, but the food is excellent.Special Features:
- The Pink City comes to FairfaxGU1965VIPDined on 5/24/2014Jaipur is known as "The Pink City" in India. Flash, the Pink City is alive and well and has been recreated in this neighborhood gem. With a quiet, subdued atmosphere, this restaurant has all the charm you would expect in a first rate restaurant. Even if you have never tried Indian food or have limited experience, the friendly and knowledgeable wait staff are able to guide you to a rewarding meal. This has to be one of the best Indian restaurants in the Metro area. It is worth a little travel time. You will be pleased and certainly not disappointed with the cousin and the attentive service.Special Features:
- Great dinner spotCandLVIPDined on 5/18/2014We have dined here many times and Jaipur never disappoints. The food and service are always top notch.Special Features:
- 10MAY2014SchtinkyDined on 5/10/2014Food was as great as ever; too many little kids yelling disturbed the ambience; over an hour between ordering and food was much too long.Special Features:
- A delightful eveningDoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 4/8/2014We took our 7 year old granddaughter on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was quiet, so we had truly outstanding service. Everything we ate tasted delicious, and the restaurant made sure to accommodate our request for mild (but very flavorful) seasonings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!JillDined on 3/12/2014My father, boyfriend, and I went to Jaipur last week, and we absolutely loved it. The food was great - I got the chicken and spinach curry, and the lamb stuffed naan was fantastic. The tandoori sampler was a bit dry and overcooked, but everything else was great and definitely made up for that. The mango martini was very good as well. The servers were also fantastic. They were friendly and were great about refilling our water glasses and making sure we had everything we needed. To top it all off, the decor in the restaurant is absolutely beautiful, which makes for a great ambiance and dining experience. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Indian food as good as i haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Indian food as good as i have had in England, best I have had in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delightful mealDoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 2/8/2014We enjoy going here. The food is good, and service is excellent (every time I took a sip of water or tea, the wait staff refilled my cup!) We are eager to try to brunch someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whenever we go to Jaipur weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Whenever we go to Jaipur we are reminded of how much we like it and how excellent the food is. Each dish has its own unique flavor and texture. The waitstaff is very attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- Great little find!DaleDined on 11/7/2013Jaipur doesn't look like much from the outside, but don't let that fool you, the inside is very nicely decorated and the food and wait staff are excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/2/2013We live just a few minutes from Jaipur and have always enjoyed it. There are a number of Indian restaurants nearby but this one stands above the rest. It's a very quiet restaurant, so it's not the best place for kids. We have two and only go to Jaipur when we're without them. Friendly staff, great food, quiet atmosphere = an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another pleasant eveningDoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 11/1/2013Service was excellent, and the food plentiful and easily shared to give everyone a taste of all dishes,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2013Great indian food all around. A little on the more pricey side, but surely worth the money. No Talis though, go elsewhere if you are looking for a good Tali.I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time but will be backdisappointed1VIPDined on 8/9/2013Great Indian food, especially liked the appetizers. Friendly staff, courteous service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Tasty food in an Indian atmosphereEricMgtVIPDined on 8/1/2013The restaurant is a pearl in Faifax. You feel as if you had travelled to Mumbay. The place is nicely decorated Food was very good, although the mildest dishes were already spicy. We were glad we did not order spicy entrees. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findFallingStoneDined on 7/30/2013Popped up on Open Table while I waited for my wife to arrive by Train. The place is very conveniently located near the Vienna metro station. The food was amazing. The naan was delicious. They cannot make a cocktail. Don't order one. Worst Manhattan ever. BUT they have a great wine list and beer selection. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise !DoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 7/27/2013We wanted some Indian food and found this restaurant on OpenTable. We were surprised and impressed!Special Features:
- Great Indian RestauratntiriscatVIPDined on 7/19/2013Jaipur Royal Indian Restaurant is wonderful. From the moment you step in you feel you are in another world. It is beautiful! Each dish that we had was aromatic, cooked to perfection and a delight to the eye. The spicy dishes were just the right spice the mild ones were truly mild but flavorful. The service was also wonderful. The service staff worked as a team and we never wanted more that a minute for anything we needed. I would go back to this restaurant again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/18/2013Excellent food, excellent service. You'd never know the beautiful restaurant awaiting inside Jaipur from the street, but it is an oasis in Northern Virginia. The food was outstanding and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but not last time visitingAlwaysHungryDined on 6/16/2013Went there for Fathers Day....the staff couldnt have been more friendly. We're not indian food experts so we needed some guidance which they were more then happy to do. Prices very reasonable, quality very high and portions are just right. My father is french chef and enjoyed his experience totally.Special Features:
- classic Indianvc136Dined on 6/14/2013For a friend's birthday we chose this restaurant as some of us had been to Jaipur before and were anxious to return. We were not disappointed. The appetizers and main courses came wonderfully spiced and the service was well-paced. There was no rush to see us to the door and we appreciated that the birthday guest could leisurely open gifts and chat with all of us. We look forward to sampling more Indian dishes at Jaipur in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2013We've been to Jaipur several times. The food is always excellent, and the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was quite enjoyable andSuzyVIPDined on 4/14/2013Food was quite enjoyable and tasty. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sumptuous food and decor.75bluejayDined on 4/13/2013We celebrated a birthday on a Saturday evening (4/13/2013). It was the second time we dined there. We love Indian cuisine and have sampled such widely in the U.S. and extensively in Great Britain and Ireland. The food at Jaipur is as good or better than any of the restaurants we've frequented. We had the vegetable kofta and chicken vindaloo and loved every bite. The service was courteous and attentive but not overly so. Our waiter was happy to answer any questions we might have had and, like the service that one might find in Europe, we were able to linger over the last of our beverages, seemingly forever. When we were ready for the check, it came quickly and the prices were a bargain for the quality delivered. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian Food!! ItSavvyLadyVIPDined on 3/9/2013Excellent Indian Food!! It is our favorite now that we tried it. Can't wait to go back.