3067 Grand Avenue
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jaguarspot.com/
- Phone: 3054440216x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30Am - 5:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:30PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Oscar del Rivero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Chupe de Camerones is served on Wednesdays with a glass of Torrontes wine for only $27
Thirsty Thursdays: Start your weekend on Thursday! Come in between 5-9pm and for just $30 (including tax) you will enjoy 3 handcrafted cocktails such as our Pisco Passion or Caipirinha Ipanema or 3 Latin American import beers/glasses of wine, along with a 3 course appetizer menu including ceviche spoons, taquitos and churrasco skewers.
A word from Jaguar
Jaguar's unique philosophy incorporates menu items showcasing traditional tastes and textures throughout Latin America. Signature items feature traditional favorites with a contemporary flair from Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Chile.Continued
Jaguar’s menu offers a broad canvas of spices and ingredients with perfectly balanced presentation of each dish to showcase its individuality.
Jaguar’s menu offers a broad canvas of spices and ingredients with perfectly balanced presentation of each dish to showcase its individuality.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Jaguar - Best Restaurants in Coconut Grove ›
Jaguar reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (14)romantic (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- out with the familyDougDined on 10/12/2014We went with our two teenaged children (down from Boston visiting one of them at U Miami). The place has a good energy to it. It had just been raining so we are inside. The staff was friendly and had the right casual pace for our time out with our kids. The manager stopped by to check on us to which is always a nice touch. Everyone loved their meals. We had the grilled mahi, vatapa, and fish tacos, all of which was fresh and great flavors in each meal. My wife thought the tacos were some of the best she has eaten anywhere. I had been once before and had the ceviche spoon sampler which was also excellent. We will definitely be back and will recommend it to friends who are heading down here..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014I wish that I could say that my friends and I had a great dining experience, but unfortunately we did not get to eat at the restaurant. Although we arrived on time for our 8 p.m. reservation, we were informed that the restaurant doesn't actually honor its reservations! Instead, the restaurant informed us that we would be added to a wait list and that it would be another 30 minutes before a table opened up. Unfortunately, we already purchased tickets for a 9:30 movie (counting on the fact that we had RESERVATIONS) and had to leave. Why does this restaurant even have Open Table if it's going to disregard people's reservations?!
- Good foodAilyDined on 9/19/2014Good place to try out in the gables. Delicious food. I've been to talavera and it is just as good! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland ceviche.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Bland ceviche. The ceviche (fish) was fresh, but the spices and lime that make it flavorful and hot were bland. There is much better ceviche available in Miami.
- Fell Way Below Regular StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I frequent Jaguar, because he enjoys their ceviche. However, after this last experience we will probably be looking elsewhere when we decide on a restaurant. We brought a large group and the service was really bad and I believe 90% of us did not like the food. In fact, one returned the meal. As expensive as this place is, we were very disappointed and embarrassed for recommending it.
- Great selectionLetiDined on 9/6/2014I like this place because there are so many options to pick from. Their ceviche is great. As are their meat selections. Lots of drinks to pick from as well. Yum. And the service was pretty good too.Special Features:
- mariagonzaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing the ceviche vuelve a la vida was excellent and the service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceviche, Salmon, Scallops so goodbekrierVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love Jaguar for the scallops and seafood. So delicious. Good service and wine too.Special Features:
- DON'T SIT OUTSIDE IN THE SUMMERJan1987Dined on 8/23/2014THE SERVICE WAS GREAT, BUT THE TRAFFIC NOISE PLUS THE TEMPERATURE MADE IT UNCOMFORTABLE. OUR GUESTS SAID THAT THE RESTAURANT WAS TOO NOISY TO SIT INSIDE. NEXT TIME WE WILL SIT INSIDE. i enjoy highly flavored food. The ceviche seemed a bit too mild. More lime and cilantro with hot pepper flakes would have been an improvement, as the fish is so bland. Tell your Saturday Chef to "spice it up."Special Features:
- Best affordable ceviche in townFlutistDined on 8/21/2014We go for the ceviche spoon sampler every time. It's a must try. Brunch is also an excellent deal with a great variety of Latin American dishes. However, the noise level inside is sometimes unbearable. When the weather is dry and sunny, in the dry season months, sitting outside is fantastic, because you get to people watch and enjoy the bohemian atmosphere of the Grove.Special Features:
- Crear food!!!ManyDined on 8/19/2014Hard to beat price/value, one of the best ceviches I have tried and the parihuela of Mariscos is outstanding!!!! Nice place, good music, fine wine and superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and funmaynardDined on 8/18/2014The food was delicious, the variety was a nice change from the typical boring menu most restaurants have. The service, well, truly the staff strived for excellence. They were attentive and made every effort to assure a return visit.Special Features:
- OzilDined on 8/17/2014This was our second visit and the food was excellent. The tuna and salmon ceviche were delicious. The salmon entrée was cooked beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jaguar Coconut GroveYazuDined on 8/17/2014Good food. The ceviche is fresh. The bread pudding tree leches is to die for, it's a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BwelshDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was great. The food was delicious. It was in a great location. At first I was nervous to see where I had chosen to eat but after we saw how popular this location was it was great. There were so many shops/bars around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperMaola94Dined on 8/3/2014Delicioso.. Comida excelente... Ambiente unico.. Me fascinoSpecial Features:
- Food could be betterVicojr3Dined on 8/3/2014The service was very good, but the food could be better, specially the seafood, shellfish taste was poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I had a great experience at Jaguar. Waiter was helpful with options. Food was fast and came out fantastic! Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Nothing GreatGablesgirlVIPDined on 7/13/2014We have eaten here many times throughout the years since it opened and the restaurant has gone steadily down hill. The plates were not clean, the floor was sticky, and the food was barely edible. I think that was the last time for me.
- Highs and lows....Lja310Dined on 7/10/2014Spotty service was the downfall here. I'm not really sure who's fault it was. It took forever to even see our server. We sat inside but he was tending to the outside tables about 90% of the time. I'm not sure he was even aware we where there. Perhaps the host failed to tell him? Even after we ordered, things didn't get great. The table next to is with a different server (they ordered about 5 minutes after us) was being served their main course after salads while we were flagging down the food runner to see where our appatizer was. The food was great and our waiter was knowledgable when we saw him. This seemed more like a organization failure so I'm being lenient with our rating. Give the ceviche sampler a shot. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Always have a good experience at Jaguar. Can be somewhat variable at times. When owners are there, which is less and less frequent, it runs more smoothly. We go there with some regularity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING CEVICHE :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014From beginning to end I give Jaguar 5 Stars every time.... We love all the amazing Ceviches you can pick from and all the food! Service is always Great!!! We love love this place!!! Look forward to moving to the Grove so it can be a usual experience!Special Features:
- Great lunchToddVIPDined on 6/28/2014The service was exceptional and the food and drinks were perfect. Food was served quickly and the we appreciated the originality and preparation of all our dishes. I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they are looking for a pleasant Latin themed lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 317 reviews are from the Jaguar reviews archive.
- Local gemKennethDined on 6/15/2014I was invited to experience Peruvian cuisine at this local and popular restaurant in the Grove .. and would go back in a heartbeat! The food was delicious, service efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must dine here!catpDined on 5/29/2014We make a point of going to the Jaguar every time we're in town. It's definitely worth every penny and more!! We've haven't gone wrong with any dish we've tried. The combination of flavors is amazing! We've gone with a large group and with just the two of us and had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotHeadhunterDined on 5/19/2014Great restaurant with terrific food choices. Definately worth trying.Special Features:
- Just OKclauy2Dined on 5/18/2014I was a little bit disappointed that after making a reservation our tables were not set-up for a birthday party as requested. I think they were also having problems with their system and several servers came to our table to ask if we already ordered food. when the food came, servers didn't know who ordered what. Not very professional. Also please note that the restaurant is extremely cold. I've been living in Florida for 14 years and used to the A/C. it was too cold to enjoy a nice dinner. The food was ok. Overall, not fascinated with this place. I will not go back for dinner. Perhaps we will try brunch next time and will definitely sit outside.Special Features:
- Great cevicheManny32VIPDined on 5/18/2014awesome for the ceviche sampler! great lunch! We will be backSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/18/2014I went to the restaurant based on the recommendation of others and I was not let down. The food was good, the service was great. I even got a gift from the restaurant manager because I went on my birthday! Key Lime Creme Brulee was awesome! Crab cakes fantastic! Everyone had a good time. Just a little noisy otherwise very pleasant and enjoyable.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2014Service was a bit slow but sangria and pisco sour were good. My table was very happy with ceviche samplerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience at JaguarWPBgirlDined on 5/11/2014We had lunch at Jaguar on Mother's Day so the restaurant was fully packed. We had made a reservation (which just gives you "priority seating") on Open Table and we did not have to wait more than 15 minutes, so we were very satisfied with that. Service was fairly slow, but as I said it was Mother's Day. Our orders came out correctly and the food was delicious. The tuna ceviche was divine, as were the crab cakes. My only minor complaint was I thought the margarita and glass of house wine were pretty expensive at $9.50. On the other hand, I thought the price of the food was very reasonable. Altogether a very pleasant experience! Would probably have rated the visit 5 stars had it not been a holiday and thus very busy and noisy.Special Features:
- Best fusion cuisine in townOnsiteJuan36Dined on 5/11/2014Jaguar justified the long way from Broward to Coconut Grove. The menu is a patchwork of great dishes from Peru, Mexico and Brazil. Tiraditos, tacos and "Vitapa" coexist in peace...service is quick and professional and prices won't scare anyone. I made my reservation over the phone and the attention was outstanding. Parking is no a problem because the coco-walk parking lot is just right there and you don't have to deal with valet charges. Overall excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awefulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We went to celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary and we were sat at a great table where my husband was able to see the TV (the NFL draft was on) and then moved to accomodate a larger party. Then, the main reason we went to Jaguar, to try the ceviche, did not come to fruition as after a 45 minute wait our main course arrived. The ceviche never made it. Very poor service.Special Features:
- Steak in Coconut Grove? It's here!DaveinBurkeDined on 5/9/2014Best Churrasco in town! My daughter and her UM friends come here often for it. I also had a sirloin steak for the daily lunch/dinner special and it was perfectly cooked with a nice LatAm spice and accompanied by a nice portion of tasty rice. Service is top notch. Ceviche Sampler for a table of 4 was a very good appetizer choice along with the free chip and salsa. Over all a great place for lunch, and in this case, a graduation celebration!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/5/2014Jaguar is always and enjoyable evening. Service is good. Food is good. Great place in the Grove.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2014I hadn't been in some time but I was very happy to be reminded about how good the food is and the service is truly excellent. From the delicious margaritas made with fresh ingredients to the homemade salsa and chips our dinner was off yo s great start. Then we ordered a couple spoons of the ceviche, delicious, distinctly different and a great sized appetizer, I ordered carnitas which was good but huge for me and when I asked to take it home they packed it up and added fresh guacamole plus a whole new order of their super yummy rice and beans. Jaguar has definitely moved up to my top restaurant choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMikewDined on 4/29/2014The food was fantastic! Best quesadilla I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic different tasty cuisineleespecialDined on 4/26/2014A fabulous experience where you can enjoy quality fresh food. It was our second visit and I look forward to the next. I like the fact that there is only one Jaguar, it makes it all more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To Ceviche SpotcevichetastegoodDined on 4/19/2014Jaguar is my go to ceviche spot. When ever I have people who come into town who want authentic ceviche I bring them here. I also enjoy happy hour complementary spoons.Special Features:
- Jaguar in The Grove is Spot On !MarketRebeccaDined on 4/18/2014Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar and Latam Grill is a must visit restaurant in The Grove that is always "spot on." Jaguar serves a delicious a variety of freshly prepared ceviches and dishes from around Latin America such as the Mexico City Taqueria Platter, Brasilian Vatapa and Peruvian Chupe de Camaron. various grilled meats, seafood and vegetables, and thirst quenching drinks from a full service bar including Pisco Sour, Caipirinha, mojito, margarita, and house sangria. Happy hour specials include a free ceviche spoon sampler with each drink. Check out their other restaurant in The Grove - Peacock Garden Cafe, between the Sonetsa Hotel and Public Library.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.