Jade China Bistro
600 Elm Place
Highland Park, IL 60035Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Jade China Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jaderestaurant.biz/
- Phone: 8474330590
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm-9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm-10:30pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Jade China Bistro
Located adjacent to the North Shore of Chicago in Downtown Highland Park, Jade Restaurant represents Asian-Fusion cuisine with a focus on fresh, flavorful ingredients and world class wines. The dining room exudes classic elegance through a sophisticated blend of European art and traditional Asian style. Dark mahogany walls and plush leather boths set crisp, white linens and sparkling wine glasses just waiting to be filled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jade China Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a big crowd on eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/23/2013Not a big crowd on evening we went, so can't really make good call on service and noise, but they were very attentive and accommodating (we like to space stuff and also needed wine bottles brought to table as their wine list was in transition). The entree's are a step above the type of chinese dishes at other places (i.e. PF Changs), and the apps we had probably warrant a foodie label.
- We really enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2013We really enjoyed the food at Jade China Bistro -- the food that was provided, that is. Out of a party of 12 only 10 meals were served. After most of us were nearly finished, we found out that the other two orders hadn't even been placed with the kitchen!! The other major issue that we had with this restaurant is that the online menu is very misleading. The dinner menu did not look anything like the online menu. And the prices on the dinner menu were much higher than we expected from the online menu. I don't think there was an entree less than $17.00 on the actual menu. Online pricing was much less. For an upscale Chinese restaurant (which you couldn't tell from the online site), the food was quite good. Just be sure to watch the wai
- The restaurant must have changedGarlicVIPDined on 2/14/2013The restaurant must have changed ownership and all the wait-staff are new. So, service was uneven and not great. The food is still very tasty, and the portions and prices are proper. Hopefully, they will get organized, so that the experience is a positive one.Special Features:
- 1st visit - food was verywittyVIPDined on 2/9/20131st visit - food was very good- service ok-- prices just a little high.Special Features:
- Our party of 3 was genuinelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2013Our party of 3 was genuinely disappointed in the food. The atmosphere was nice and the service was attentive, but the food was just so-so. We enjoyed our evening, but I can't recommend it to others, as we would probably not return.
- We brought our two young grandsons,JudyLVIPDined on 12/30/2012We brought our two young grandsons, ages 7 1/2 and almost 5 to Jade and introduced them to fine dining and delicious Chinese cuisine. They tasted many new dishes and liked some and not others. The staff was polite and solicitous of them and we appreciated the service. The fortune cookies were a hit. They felt rewarded by this small treat for trying new foods and behaving like little gentlemen in a new restaurant. I think we will take them back again!Special Features:
- have taken out from here,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012have taken out from here, but never ate in, the menue prices for eat in are double or more than carry out, very expensive, and dine in menu is less than half of take out menu would carry out from here, never dine in.
- Absolutely the best chinesejerryDined on 10/9/2012Absolutely the best chinese restaurant on the Northshore!Prices higher than other chinese venues but well worth the price given the freshness and quality of ingredents.Also staff willing to adjust any dish according to guests wishes/needs.Special Features:
- Food was good and was servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/15/2012Food was good and was served in more elegant fashion then typical chinese restaurant. Food was not really any better then good carry out but that it ok. Good carryout it good. I enjoyed the meal and the decor was quite nice.
- Good Chinese food withoutNickVIPDined on 9/15/2012Good Chinese food without MSG in a conversation-friendly space. Friendly, courteous hostess and servers except for our server-in-training who first forgot, then subsequently messed up our cocktail order
- Can't comment on the foodcindersVIPDined on 9/8/2012Can't comment on the food because we never did get a waiter. We were seated and waited about ten minutes. My husband got up & found the hostess to tell her. Another couple, seated after us, got up and left. Even after telling the hostess, no one came. We gave it another ten minutes and left. We saw the hostess on the way out. No apology. She actually giggled.
- Perfectly good but not spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/4/2012Perfectly good but not spectacular Chinese food although it is the best in the area compared to others which are just horrible. The staff is attentive and the dining room is comfortable and more upscale than most Chinese restaurants but the mark up in "dining in" prices is too steep.Special Features:
- Sxcdllent upscale ChinesePackersVIPDined on 6/30/2012Sxcdllent upscale Chinese food. Great care in the preparation of the dishes. The best Eggrolls in the city, Really worth a trip.Special Features:
- The food is quite good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/17/2012The food is quite good. The service was very slow, and the restaurant wasn't crowded.
- pretty but overpricedopentableVIPVIPDined on 6/16/2012The service is impeccable. but in this writer,s opinion quality really nothing special. PF chang just as good or better 1/2 the price!!Special Features:
- Great chef who will prepareEdwardDined on 5/30/2012Great chef who will prepare authentic dishes (if asked in advance) as well as the more common American Chinese type menu items. Ambience is quiet with tasteful decor of a more elegant wine bar than an Asian style restaurant. Our favorite in the area.Special Features:
- Finally...a beautiful restaurantAlwaysHungryVIPDined on 5/29/2012Finally...a beautiful restaurant with fabulous food that you can actually carry on a conversation with the people you are dining with and be heard! Jade China Bistro is a gem with delicious, freshly prepared food, wonderfully attentive wait staff, and such a warm, inviting decor...especially the small room near the wine cellar. We LOVE going to Jade China Bistro...certainly not your typical Chinese restaurantSpecial Features:
- We were extremely impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2012We were extremely impressed with the service and the food. Very friendly and helpful staff. Not intrusive; there when you needed them. A really nice place for dinner. Conversation friendly. We will go back.Special Features:
- Pretty But Pretty BlandLFcoupleVIPDined on 3/10/2012We were slightly disappointed with our experience. While the setting is very pleasant and attractive, the food was rather bland (with the exception of the eggroll appetizer the hot & sour soup). The staff was very friendly, but they were short-handed. One entree arrived at least 5 minutes after the other, and the time between ordering and receiving a drink was longer than it should have been.Special Features:
- Food was great but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/18/2012Food was great but the service was horrible. It took a long time for a waiter to come to the table (at least 10 min.)to take our order and then it took almost 40 minutes to get our food. The waiter came to our table to say our food would be out in a couple of minutes and then 15-20 minutes later--no food. My husband asked for a soft drink refill and never received it. Finally, we had a coupon, which the waiter took at the beginning of the meal, and then never deducted it from our bill, so we had to ask her to readjust the bill. I would return here for carry out (and recommend it for carryout to others) but I would probably not come back to eat in (nor recommend it to others). This was the second time in a row that we had bad service.
- Portions were small, pricesVickiVIPDined on 2/11/2012Portions were small, prices high in comparison to the amount of food you received. Restaurant was lovely.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. MuGroovyTravellerVIPDined on 2/3/2012The food was delicious. Mu Shu was excellent. Great service. Particularly enjoyed that we could converse comfortably.Special Features:
- A New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/28/2012I picked this restaurant mostly because it had availability when we wanted to eat. Not only me, but the three others I was with loved the food. For me the standout was the drinks. It was perfect and sometimes you are disappointed when you order an alcoholic beverage. Nothing but good things to say about this place. It is very romantic for a chinese restaurant and had the kind of variety of choices that works with a group.Special Features:
- Chaotic Experience!PJC18VIPDined on 12/25/2011The service was chaotic at best. After waiting more than 30 minutes to receive our soup course, in response to our seeking him out, the waiter finally came by to tell us they had run out of soup and it would be awhile till the soup would be ready again. We told himm to skip the soup and bring our main courses. Two minutes later the table next to us was served their soup. It was another 15 to 20 minutes before we received our main courses. The restaurant was not crowded and had several empty tables while this chaos was going on. The Manager was not the least bit apologetic, but simply said that they were busy and that it was hard to please everyone.
- horrific service,inexperienced,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2011horrific service,inexperienced, unattentive waitstaff. Rude, terribly insulting managers, salted overpriced food
- Food was fine (pot stickers,TheodoreDined on 12/24/2011Food was fine (pot stickers, Gung Pao chicken and Peking duck) for an ordinary Chinese restaurant but the table cloths were not worth the extra 50% in cost. After we closed our menus to indicate readiness, it took more than 20 minutes to place the order. As this was our first time there, it may be that the kitchen was just having a bad night. We are from San Francisco and are applying that standard, not the North Shore's standard for food quality.
- We were a late reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 12/17/2011We were a late reservation, and had the restaurant to ourselves, and they were wonderful. No bums rush, food was fresh and healthy and perfectly served, a really good find. Also open to modifying your choice, as I wanted some celery in my dish and it was no problem to add it.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2011This is one of my favorite places for both dine in and carry out. Its expensive but is worth it.Special Features:
- A Northshore winner!CLO50VIPDined on 10/1/2011This is a well-run neighborhood restaurant with fine service; very good food; and one of the finest wine lists I have ever seen in a Chinese restaurant. The gentleman who supervises the wine program is very knowledgable and provides accurate assistance and information regarding the rather extensive list. Service is warm and friendly. This is the Chinese restaurant "minus the grease." A real palate pleaser.Special Features:
- Not Your Typical Chinese RestaurantMikeCGVIPDined on 8/20/2011This is not your typical neighborhood Chinese restaurant, but an upscale eatery with an excellent wine list, a wine tasting room and full bar, as well as well above-average cuisine, nicely served, and a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I think Chinese restaurant connoisseurs will be pleased, hence the "Three F" rating.Special Features:
- Avoid Saturday and the back roomEllenT1VIPDined on 6/11/2011We arrived at 7:40pm on Saturday night. We were seated in the back room which was very noisy. We were not given menus and a waiter did come and fill our water. We were then left until 8:10pm with no service. We asked for menus three times and asked to be moved to a quieter room around 8:00pm but by 8:10p we gave up and left. The host was rude and not too interested in our requests. They did offer to move us but by then, after multiple requests, we got fed up and left. I was disappointed because the food was good last time I eat there but it was early on a week day.