Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
12 Brant Street
Toronto, ON M5V 2M1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jacobssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4163660200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Thursday - Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Piano Bar: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Danny McCallum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For any special occasion Jacob’s and Co. guarantees the highest level of service and cuisine that will ensure your event is a success. We are very flexible and will tailor-make each event to suit your individual requirements. We are happy to offer private dining for 8 to 32 people in our private state-of-the-art AV-outfitted dining rooms, featuring a flat screen high definition television. The main dining room can accommodate 74 people for a sit down dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Therese Savoie 4163660200
- Entertainment: Piano Lounge
- Special Events: Corporate dinners, wedding receptions, birthday celebrations, wrap parties and launch parties are some of the events we have hosted. Please contact Chris Loizou at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can book your next meeting or special event.
A word from Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
In the elegant King West village, Jacobs & Co. is the mature Steakhouse of the next generation. Our décor is sophisticated and timeless and moves away from the stuffy old steakhouse, while retaining the core elements of comfort. The piano bar adds a classy element to the neighborhood and is the perfect compliment to pre or post dinner cocktails. USDA Prime Beef and American Wagyu Beef are sourced from specific ranches across North America and are then finished in the Dry Aging Room in the middle of the dining room. Our menu is reminiscent of a wine list allowing guests to choose beef by age, region, and ranch. Jacobs & Co. also features a raw bar with fresh oysters and marinated chilled seafood. Join us for cocktails after work or a more intimate dinner in our main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (77)notable wine list (72)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (41)hot spot (29)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014The service was fantastic. We were talking when the tableside salad was being created, so I wasn't watching and they put the tabasco sauce in the dressing (great for my husband, not for me!). When I took a bite and realized it had the tabasco sauce, our server made sure to get things resolved for us, having another salad made up for me (not as spicy this time!). The cheese popovers were a delicious start, and the champagne toast for our anniversary was a great touch! Our server took the time to review the menu with us, giving us information on the different farms that the steaks came from, and went out of his way to ensure everything was how we wanted our meal.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service were absolutely impeccable. Everything we expected. We highly recommend this restaurant for those looking for a high dining experience.Special Features:
- It was so soahcowDined on 8/21/2014I wrote a long review but before I submitted, my stupid iPad decided to refresh my page. So I am just going to write a shorter version. Apps - good quality, no real complain Steaks - had 3 kinds. Bone-in ribeye was so lean and full of gristle. For $80, it was garbage. Bone-in black angus striploin was best of the bunch, juicer than the ribeye, great taste. A5 Japanese Waygu was basically butter. Not a fan personally but definitely good quality if you like it. Dessert - alright, overly sweet. Service - so so for a so-called high end restaurant. Lack of wait staff. Price - high for what I got in terms of food quality.Special Features:
- Devine!!stardientDined on 8/20/2014The swinging rib we ordered was so good! I live how they come with different conditments and let you choose how you like it. GREAT JOB!! Highly recommended! Not to mention the excellent dessert and the muffin take away at the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A--Mazing!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Absolutely amazing! Perfect for a special occasion. Service was impeccable. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in the CityGoodgutDined on 8/18/2014You really can't beat the selection or quality of th steaks at Jacobs. Not to mention their sides are out of this world. They haven't missed even the smallest detail. Try it outfit yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- filippo47VIPDined on 8/18/2014Dinner was good, although terribly expensive. The quality of the steaks was excellent, our waiter very friendly and professional. Overall a good experience, although I think that the Restaurant takes itself a little bit too seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTaraDined on 8/16/2014All I can say is it was great experience. I would go back there for sure. Also i will recommend it to whoever is in love with stake. Make sure you order the ceaser salad as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had an amazing evening!solieroDined on 8/16/2014We got the Japanese wagyu streak which quite literally melted in my mouth. Wine and service were also top. Can't wait to cone back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in Toronto in 21 yearsyummyDined on 8/15/2014We have lived in Toronto for 21 years and have basically given up any hopes of having a fantastic meal in a Toronto restaurant that equals what we have had in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Portland. The meal at Jacobs ends that long streak. The food in Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse may be even better than one of the highest rated steak houses in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Excellent!LYdzDined on 8/13/2014From the minute we arrived to the moment we left everything was excellent. I recommend starting off with the Caesar salad which is made table side. We had a steak for two and the duck fat fries which I found to be too rich for my taste. Service was great. Waiter very attentive and best part was they give you delicious muffins for breakfast! A definite must when in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak and service I ever had!Mom2TyDined on 8/8/2014We had a fabulous time at Jacob's steakhouse! From start to finish it was phenomenal. Our food was spectacular. Our waiter (Victor) took the time to explain the different steaks and we took his recommendations. Every one of us was thrilled with the choices. My steak melted in my mouth. They asked if they could cut it for us so that it was cut properly and we enjoyed every bite. The caesar salad was great. The mushroom risotto, potatoes gratin and braised onions were all fabulous. The cinnamon bun dessert was scrumptious. The service was incredible. My water glass was never empty. Everybody who worked there truly seemed to care about our dining experience. We enjoyed everything about our experience at Jacob's and we can't wait to go back..Special Features:
- Search for great steak no more!winofoodieDined on 8/5/2014It is simply the best PERIOD. Wine list is also outstanding.Special Features:
- Great spot!!TheLivingFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I took my lady out for our 2year anniversary and the evening was exactly what I had hoped to have to make her feel special. The ambiance, food, and attention we experienced was a delight and we practically went into a state of catatonic bliss over the coffee cakes we got to take home (and ate the next morning). Dinner was wonderful, dessert was perfect. Time flew by as we arrived at 730 and left at around 930. We definitely we be planning to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The host was awesone and the place had a great feel. Sever screwed up a few things which all would have easly been over looked if the food was as good as it should have been. My medium rare steak was closer to medium well in parts which I found to be very suprising. Im not really the type to complain but when you expect something great and you get something that is ok it is a let down. At the end of the evening our server could not even settle his own bill, the buss boy did. Our server could barley blurt out a thank you for us as we left. My friend was a lot more upset about this than I was, thought it was worth mentioning though. I give the server a 2 out out 5 overall (more like a 1). All the other staff was pleasent and on point.Special Features:
- Jacobs & Co. SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Everything was good, but the washroom was disgusting. I can't believe they allow males and females to share a washroom, clearly males have no sense of cleanliness and its disgusting that women had to use the same washroom. It would be good to have separate washrooms. I couldn't bear the smell of the washroom. I was impressed with the service and the food, but the washroom just completely turned me off. I don't know if i want to go back there due to this experience with the washroom.Special Features:
- JacobsXojmac1990Dined on 7/27/2014Has an excellent evening, the oysters and steak were superb. Our waiter was wonderful: fast, funny and attentive. Had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014We really enjoyed our night here. The steak was spectacular, the service was excellent and the wine list is extensive. We had 2 wines by the glass, both excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Knowledage staff, excellent food lives up to the hype, great strak and wine selection. A great meal and worth the every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great.TrentonDined on 7/26/2014Everything was great. Everything was great. Everything was great. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++ Great for special occasionsDineInTheCityDined on 7/25/2014Attended for our 3 year anniversary, service was fantastic. Greeted at our table with complimentary champagne which was a nice touch. Caesar salad was made table-side and was delicious along with the pop overs that were delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedBluNoserDined on 7/16/2014This place has become too popular for its own good. It was always expensive. Now it's unmercifully expensive. You're hard pressed to find a bottle of wine under $200. The steaks are good, but again, very pricey, and the sides not as good as they once were.
- SatisfactoryCCEatFoodDined on 7/15/2014Overall it was ok. Quite pricey, nice atmosphere. I took my gf for her birthday and they didn't really do anything special after they said they would. We ordered 1 of the expensive steaks and 1 of the cheap steaks, the cheap steak is pretty bad. The bread is really good. The overpriced caesar salad was nothing special, but everyone appears to have ordered it. Poutine was overpriced and was not good, get better poutine from burger joints. The expensive steak was really good. For the price of their cheap steak I expected the cheap steak to taste better than the kegs at the very least.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFood77VIPDined on 7/13/2014First time at this restaurant. I will return. The service and food were great. Servers were attentive, very friendly. Food was great, very tender steak, flavourful, they got all the marbling bang on. The duck fat fries were awesome, the potatoes au gratin were amazing! Desserts were A+! Worse part of the meal was the ceasar salad and even that was pretty good! All around a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The truthPandabehurDined on 7/12/2014Jacobs is the absolute best steakhouse in Toronto. Many people have used "best" for many other places, but I will confidently say this is THE BEST. From the Caesar salad made at the table, to the impeccable and memorable service, Jacobs has been, and will continue to be the best! My boyfriend and I now find it difficult to be satisfied at any other steakhouse after being blown away by our meal. Love love love Jacobs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodsabzDined on 7/12/2014Our server made our experience a truly excellent one. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was impeccable!AndraVIPDined on 7/4/2014What an absolutely perfect evening! Came here for a celebratory dinner date and had a really special and romantic time. Arrived a little before our reservation to grab a drink in the piano bar. The service was impeccable, the wine list was extensive, and the meal was top notch. We are both gluten sensitive and they were exceptionally accommodating. Had everything to share- Caesar salad made right at the table, rib eye, lobster tail, ½ order of mashed potatoes, ½ order of brussel sprouts and a ½ order of an onion dish. For dessert, GF almond cake that was one of the most amazing desserts I’ve ever had. We’ve talked about the meal for days after! Made for a very special evening and will definitely be back to celebrate more milestones.Special Features:
- Well Above AveragekaryannDined on 7/4/2014A very customer-focused place. GREAT service, no attitude. Welcoming and classy. Our server was really knowledgeable and friendly, but not overbearing. I learned a lot about steak. Yes it is pricey, but this is NOT the Keg. I would consider it a "special occasion" destination. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Large portions, great steak.Special Features:
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014Fois gras and bone marrow sides were not good at all. Definitely ignore all sides and stick with the steak. Steak was definitely good. Second best steak, can't compare with WAGYU from Japan though. They were all sold out of their Japanese beef that day unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at JacobsBOODOAMDined on 6/28/2014My first time at Jacobs has resulted in a picture perfect Anniversary dinner. I had asked for as intimate a setting as possible & after being seated, our special evening was acknowledged & we were promptly treated to a glass of champagne each. Service was exceptional, always ready to perform their duties, never giving the impression that they were hovering. Steaks were outstanding, as were the sides we easily shared of baked potato, beefsteak tomato and Caesar salad. My partner fell in love with the bread. At the end of the evening, we were brought a plate with 2 desert treats & Happy Anniversary written in chocolate. Amazing! We were sent home with some delicious muffins as well. Thank you Jacobs, we will be back for our next Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleErnieDined on 6/28/2014This was the best experience I've ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak at its best!SteakDined on 6/26/2014Great steak. 6oz medium was mouth watering. Had wine I asked for ready. Nice touch. A little loud. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SammersDined on 6/26/2014Simply the best steaks in the city! Shared a 40 oz Porterhouse with three others. For the table, we also ordered two Caesar salads, three sides, and one dessert. Our server, Daniel, was superb! Would highly recommend Jacobs to friends / family for a special occasion (we came for Father's Day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightgoodfood1Dined on 6/25/2014It was our anniversary and they made it a fantastic night.Special Features:
- Fathers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Five of us had an excellent dinner at Jacobs & Co. This was our first time - and we were really impressed with both the service and the food. Our lead server did a great job on helping us select several different steaks which were pre-carved so that we could share. Fairly pricey, but an excellent place for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Last Minute DecisionGreatPlaceDined on 6/9/2014We were so happy to have chosen Jacobs on a last minute whim. Great food, impeccable service, and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Steaks and ServiceSportsmanDined on 6/8/2014Jacobs continues to offer excellent and attentive service and the largest selection of great steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite steak houseSmurfDined on 6/8/2014High quality steaks, done to perfection. Wine recommendation was good, place is classy, staff take pride in explaining the difference between various types of beef and help you to select the right cut according to your preferences. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks and Great ServicegcbramDined on 6/7/2014Steaks were the best in TO. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Waygu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014We have tried US Waygu Strip loin steak and it is fantastic! it was juicy and tender. It deserves the taste. The Jacob Caesar salad with special sauce is perfect match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.