Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
12 Brant Street
Toronto, ON M5V 2M1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jacobssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (416) 366-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Piano Bar: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Danny McCallum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For any special occasion Jacob’s and Co. guarantees the highest level of service and cuisine that will ensure your event is a success. We are very flexible and will tailor-make each event to suit your individual requirements. We are happy to offer private dining for 8 to 32 people in our private state-of-the-art AV-outfitted dining rooms, featuring a flat screen high definition television. The main dining room can accommodate 74 people for a sit down dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Therese Savoie 4163660200x
- Entertainment: Piano Lounge
- Special Events: Corporate dinners, wedding receptions, birthday celebrations, wrap parties and launch parties are some of the events we have hosted. Please contact Chris Loizou at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can book your next meeting or special event.
A word from Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse
Jacobs & Co Steakhouse blends the timeless steakhouse experience with the sleek modernity of a new generation. The elegant piano bar is a nod to the past, while streamlined yet comfortable décor ensures the experience of every guest is warm and modern. Executive Chef Danny McCallum sources select cuts from the best ranches throughout North America, Australia and Japan, adapting the menu each evening to ensure each guest’s culinary experience reflects the standards that Jacobs is renowned for. A key feature of the dining room is the Dry Aging Room, where each cut is finished to its most perfect state. Guests delve into the fascinating world of steak, selecting their cut by region, age and ranch. Meals are complete with classic choices such as Caesar salads prepared tableside, a raw bar of oysters and chilled seafood, and unpretentious and knowledgeable hospitality. It is no wonder the restaurant is one of Zagat’s top rated in Toronto. Dining at Jacobs & Co never goes out of style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (57)notable wine list (54)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (32)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Jacob'sWolffmannDined on 11/22/2014Steak was excellent, had a 31 once bone in rib eye, but had them cut out the bone. Wife had a sirloin. Liked the option of different types of steaks from different farms and areas. Different salts was definitely a nice touch. Caesar salad was very good. Tuna appetizer was average, should have had more flavour. Wine was very expensive, please scale back the mark up as the wine price increases. Service was friendly and attentive. Would it kill a higher end restaurant to have table cloths. Definitely would add to the dining experience, help deaden the back ground noise (very loud place and I had to talk loudly to have a conversation with my wife across the table). Not sure why everyone has to follow everyone dumbing down the dining experience to save a few dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSteakieDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I often go to Jacob's for special occasions. It's certainly not cheap, but the steak and sides are so amazing, it always feels worth it. The wine list is extensive and excellent, and the servers never fail to impress with their knowledge and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourites!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014I have been here a number of times and Jacob's never disappoints. The "wine list" of steaks is the best part of the meal. Usually here with good friends so we all pick a steak and have them cut so we can all take a sample of each steak,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was overcooked, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014The medium-rare wangyu steak was overcooked and it taste bitter outside, ceaser salad was fancy and tasted good. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top in Toronto59burstDined on 11/10/2014My meal at Jacobs was definitely the best meal we've had in our four years living in Toronto, and my wife said the same. Incredible attentive and friendly service by David ... I asked if root beer was on the menu, and he said unfortunately not. Five minutes later, he said I could have root beer if I wanted. Someone apparently went out and procured some! The Japanese steaks are sublime. There are no words to describe the first bite of the ribeye. My expression must have been something because all my table mates asked if I was OK right after I put the first piece in my mouth. It was a revelation, I kid you not. Side dishes were outstanding as well. The pace of the evening was very relaxed - dinner was over three hours.Special Features:
- OverbookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014Place overbooked and had to wait 40 mts for a table that was reserved. Poor form. No recognition from management.Special Features:
- Best Steak to DatePeopleEatingTastyAnimalsDined on 11/2/2014Upon entering this fine restaurant, you'll note exemplary service right away. From the atmosphere of the restaurant, to the training their staff receive, everything was top notch - 5 star treatment, worth every dollar! In regards to their food - they had numerous cuts of steak, and I wish I could try it all. My GF had a 10 oz striploin from Lindsey On and I had the ribeye from Alberta (60 day aged) - both were superbly cooked, with a perfect thin subtle crunch to the exterior with a perfectly cooked medium, juicy center as requested. The flavour in both steaks made every part of you tingle in excitement if you're a meat lover. I was in steak heaven and I wished I didn't come back. Oh - also def. try the Caeser salad! Will come back 100%Special Features:
- Steakhouse heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014This is an excellent steakhouse..We had the Wagyu beef from Japan...prepared perfectly..and melted in your mouth..simply heaven We had the potato au-gratin and that was also quite excellent.Service was impeccable.Staff was friendly and courteous Came to the table often to see if everything was ok. I would recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:
- Exceptional........ In every way!!!PPSARTDined on 10/17/2014Extremely knowledgeable staff, beyond accommodating with our seafood allergies and the only time we've ever felt assured that all precautions had been taken, a truly amazing experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Special Occasioncvt1Dined on 10/9/2014Though a bit pricey , a great place for a special night. It's a bit kitsch but go for the caeser salad prepared table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch steakhousebuzzzyVIPDined on 10/8/2014One of the best if not the best steakhouse in Toronto. Fantastic selection of different steaks, cuts, aging, and region. Tremendous appetizers including Caesar salad prepared at your table and beautiful U6 shrimp cocktail. Steaks were all amazing and done perfectly. Service was spot on and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the downtown Toronto area.Special Features:
- A perennial favouriteOrenWolfVIPDined on 10/7/2014This has been our go-to spot for Birthdays and Holidays for several years now. There is literally nothing on the menu not worth ordering, and the table-side-made Cesar salad dressing can't be beat - and the bacon! Oh my. Their steaks are, of course exceptional, but so also is the knowledge of the waitstaff. They are eager to explain the differences between the as many as ten (!) different sources of Beef on the menu, as well as an exceptional wine selection. Another wonderful sign of a great location is that they don't hide their dry-cured meat - it's right on display on one wall in the dining room, showing you all the meat that they age in-house, as well. I'm a huge fan, and I'll be sending people here whenever I can. :)Special Features:
- Gluten free and noisyBlondeabbyDined on 10/7/2014It was extremly noisy!! We could not hear each other at all! Need gluten free menu or options atleast. Server kept apologizing for all the wheat. Everyone enjoyed their steak and caeser salad. Benches were hard to get into for older people and 9 month pregnant women!
- JulieTheFoodieDined on 10/5/2014The Caesar salad prepared table side is simple divine as is the bread brought to the table. Melt in your mouth Porterhouse is a slice of heaven. The sides are quite good although I did expect better. (Spinach, baked potatoe)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceCTWatsDined on 10/5/2014Had a lovely dining experience! Made reservations based on a friends recommendation, service was amazing. Food wasn't as spectacular as our favourite steakhouse, but was delicious nonetheless! Would love to experience the piano bar sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingYummyDined on 10/3/2014I made a reservation just over 1 week ahead to be able to get in on a busy Friday night (a party of 4).We were right on time, waited about 10 min for our table,not a huge deal.I had the infamous Cesar salad,it had a bit of a sour taste.I ordered a steak medium,I'm not a steak connoisseur but it was cooked exactly like my husband's med rare steak.The problem was corrected promptly.Overall I found the experience average,and considering how pricey it is, and with so many options in the city, I failed to see the value or what the hype is all about.My husband ate here about 3 weeks ago,and also felt this experience was not as good as that one.Perhaps it was a one off thing.Still at this price point,I expected better.Special Features:
- Simply the best!!!!JoanneVIPDined on 10/1/2014Simply the best steak restaurant in Toronto! Amazing service!Special Features:
- YumTravellerVIPDined on 9/30/2014A pleasure again ( 2nd time to Jacobs ). My waiter made excellent suggestions on the food and wine. He seems to like to eat as much as I do. Enjoyable but a very expensive meal : )I would recommend this to a friend.
- special treatment for everyoneAnnieJDined on 9/28/2014We had the most wonderful dining experience at Jacobs & Co Steakhouse. The serving team made it so seamless, our glasses were continuously filled. The menu and types of meats were explained and our orders prepared perfectly. The cesar salad was prepared at our table expertly, it is all in the wrist. The steaks were delicious just as we asked. Save room for dessert, we had the 12 layer chocolate cake which was very rich. And my fav was the Almond flour cake and raspberry sorbet. To continue our experience we were each given a muffin for breakfast, which was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service At It's Best!mzlove2dineDined on 9/28/2014Amazing service from all staff. .. from hostesses to manager. Everyone acknowledges you and smiles even if you are just walking by. The food was great and flavorful. The place is nice and elegant. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!EatAlotDined on 9/27/2014It was wonderful! Food was yummy!!! Service was great!!! Couple of complaints...The Poutine was nothing special the taste was bland and not to the level we had expected so I wouldn't recommend to others. And it was uncomfortably hot in the restaurant. The Anaretto Sour is a must try!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!LittlecritterDined on 9/26/2014Jacobs and Co never disappoints! The quality of food and service is consistently impeccable! I highly recommend this restaurant for living in the GTA or visiting! Do not miss out on the Caesar salad and monkey bread, and of course all of the steaks are perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Ive always received personal and excellent service. Food is always top quality. The best caesar salad and its nice to receive a muffic we can take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestFansofMaineCoonDined on 9/25/2014While there are a few "good" steakhouses there is only one at the top: Jacobs & Co. If you think you know all about a great steak they will prove you the opposite. They even know what the cattle had as food and what makes the difference. Combined with a great service in the whole team (well trained) it makes a special evening. Our special thanks to Jose - we had a more than a great evening. A special note to the team making the Caesar salad - it was an unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- Too hyped up...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Their steaks didn't blow me away as expected from reading previous reviews. I had the California 8 ounce strip loin, which was tender, but lacked in flavour. I honestly could have made a tastier steak at home. This place is just above average and overpriced. If you are looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion, look elsewhere. I celebrated my birthday there and won't be returning. The best parts of my meal were probably the popovers and chocolates cheesecake. Even than the food was just above average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/18/2014Waiter forgot to being two items. Steak was ok, but not what you would expect for the price.
- great experience3steaksin1Dined on 9/17/2014I was overwhelmed with the service, attention and time given to me by the chef, who caught me looking at the meat ageing window display. He took his time to explain to me the various meats, origins, flavours etc.... and when he understood I was there for a meal and then to catch a flight and totally undecided on what I should order, he made a special plate of three different cuts and meat origins for which he carved to separate pieces from two separate T bones and a piece of a ribeye . On top of this I couldn't believe what he charged , much less than what it would have cost to have any one of the three cuts. Amazing overall experience. Was at Harbour 60 the day before, no comparison at all. J is no 1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Without a doubt the best steak I have ever eaten in my life, the service was impeccable and made for the perfect anniversary eveningSpecial Features:
- Worth it!BellasVIPDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant was beautiful, everyone was so wonderful and Carlo, our waiter, gave us such great recommendations. We were so pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and relaxesteakloverDined on 9/14/2014I took my girl friend from HK to the restaurant, we had a good time here till the end, when the bill came and the extra $20 valet parking being charge, don't think they should charged, spend $400 for dinner, i don't mind pay tip for valet, but being charged on top dinner is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Toronto !!!!steaklovingDined on 9/14/2014I went there on a date And the food was outstanding. Its a bit pricey but the portions are big. So u get what u pay for. U gotta get the Cesar salad ... Its a must !! They do it right in front of you and the side portions of mash potatoes and mushrooms were big as well. Service was quick and amazing. Overall this is the spot u wanna go to if u want her to remember that date for the rest of her life !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over60clubDined on 9/7/2014I took my spouse here for his Birthday. service was great and food was excellent. We were given great introduction to variety of steaks and enjoyed the Kobe steak - best ever! The wine list was extensive but too difficult to read in low lightening. Our waiter was most helpful in making suggestions. I would return but would be for special occasion as it was quite expensive but we did enjou 2 appetizers and dessert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinarykacz7Dined on 9/3/2014I've been to Jacob's three times now. Each time has been superb. Steaks are always top notch quality and cooked to perfection. Servers are always very friendly with the perfect amount of attention and care even when it comes to finding the best wine within your budget. Great food, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blake sees Jesus :)SusanDined on 8/30/2014My husband Blake decided to try the waygu beef after it had been described to him by our server David. He took one bite and told me he saw Jesus! He thought the waygu beef was out of this world. It was fantastic. I thought the while experience was excellent. The service, our server, the atmosphere, the menu - deserves more than five stars. It is well worth the extra money that you will spend on your meal but the service and the food is well worth it. Also they send you home with two cinnamon muffins that are excellent for breakfast. So not only have they ensured that their brand stays with you but while eating the muffin you remember the meal from the night before. Excellent branding and advertising. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- On the downhill?TimWVIPDined on 8/29/2014Frequent diner here, but this time there was a notable decline in food & service quality. This is the first time I've given 4 stars to them for Food & Overall. Appetizers - Bring back the classics in the Lobster Bisque and the old Oysters Rockefeller. The new Rockefeller is just spicy enough to overpower the oyster itself. The bisque is missed! Even the tableside Caesar wasn't the same. Steaks - Snake River steaks are my favorite and did not disappoint. Japanese steaks are too fat for my liking. Dessert - The 12 layer chocolate cake was average at best. The ice cream was good though. Service - Same server as another time, but they were stretched far too thin on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014The service was fantastic. We were talking when the tableside salad was being created, so I wasn't watching and they put the tabasco sauce in the dressing (great for my husband, not for me!). When I took a bite and realized it had the tabasco sauce, our server made sure to get things resolved for us, having another salad made up for me (not as spicy this time!). The cheese popovers were a delicious start, and the champagne toast for our anniversary was a great touch! Our server took the time to review the menu with us, giving us information on the different farms that the steaks came from, and went out of his way to ensure everything was how we wanted our meal.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service were absolutely impeccable. Everything we expected. We highly recommend this restaurant for those looking for a high dining experience.Special Features:
- It was so soahcowDined on 8/21/2014I wrote a long review but before I submitted, my stupid iPad decided to refresh my page. So I am just going to write a shorter version. Apps - good quality, no real complain Steaks - had 3 kinds. Bone-in ribeye was so lean and full of gristle. For $80, it was garbage. Bone-in black angus striploin was best of the bunch, juicer than the ribeye, great taste. A5 Japanese Waygu was basically butter. Not a fan personally but definitely good quality if you like it. Dessert - alright, overly sweet. Service - so so for a so-called high end restaurant. Lack of wait staff. Price - high for what I got in terms of food quality.Special Features:
- Devine!!stardientDined on 8/20/2014The swinging rib we ordered was so good! I live how they come with different conditments and let you choose how you like it. GREAT JOB!! Highly recommended! Not to mention the excellent dessert and the muffin take away at the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A--Mazing!!!!Lkarat7Dined on 8/19/2014Absolutely amazing! Perfect for a special occasion. Service was impeccable. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.