Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant
200 Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackyswaterplace.com/
- Phone: 4013835000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Lin, Ming Liang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all special events Eastern and Western style.
- Entertainment: Every Thursday Night 3 piece Jazz band starting at 6:30pm to 10:30 pm
- Cross Street: Stillman Street
- Public Transit: We are located at 200 Exchange Street, Providence, RI. Our restaurant is directly under the Luxury Waterplace condo spaces.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For Lunch time, customer can park at the open parking lot (Citizens Bank Parking Plaza) we offer parking at a discounted rate. In the evening starting at 5pm everyday, we offer complimentary valet parking service.
A word from Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant
Jacky's offers classic and contemporary Asian cuisines, including Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean and more. Revamping traditional Szechuan, Hunan and Hong Kong style cuisines from a fresh perspective, along with the ingenious marriage of Chinese traditional and modern culinary cooking techniques, and presentation styles from the West make for a unique and eclectic dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (68)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (46)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (42)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- perfect meal with waterfireEatsWithFriendsVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting from out of town to see waterfire, what a great find. They have windows overlooking the river and basin. We could be outside and experience the festival and they texted us exactly when the take was ready. Service was a tad slow but understandable on such a busy night, and frankly we did not mind given they accommodated our window request. I'm normally skeptical of places that offer up multiple cuisines under one roof, but it worked here. The sushi was fresh and well crafted, the Chinese food was excellent also. I didn't attempt dessert but my daughter said the banana tempura chocolate thing hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glitzy decorspanglesDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is reasonable but is rather over the top in its glitzy decor. No complaints about anything but probably not somewhere we would return to. The menu is also quite pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackie's WaterfrontCarmenDined on 8/23/2014I had made my reservation for 8 at 4:30pm 2 months ahead of time because it was a Waterfire night. I called 4 times to confirm the reservation and to request to sit near a window. I was told we couldn't eat outside because they didn't allow parties larger than 6 outside. We were the first people in the restaurant and were told there were no window seats available! There was nobody else in the restaurant! I reminded them I had made the reservation 2 months ago and they asked us if we wanted to sit outside after I had been told several times we couldn't. They wanted to put us in a small room in the back of the restaurant with no windows. Finally, they sat us at a window. When we left, the hostess was rude and wouldn't even acknowledge us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rpleoneDined on 8/15/2014We always have a good experience. Food and menu are excellent. Their wait staff leaves a little to be desired, not top notch. Red wines by the glass that are offered are terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time. The food was great, the service was wonderful. The only thing that would deter me from going back is the price of each item. The cost is almost double what you would pay even on the east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregDined on 8/11/2014I held a business/ lunch meeting and the atmosphere was favorable for such a meeting. The food was wonderful and decor is beautiful! I would go back for business or personal dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious, but disappointingitterfamVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time here. As always, great food and service. However, my Open Table request for a window table was not fulfilled. It was Water Fire night, but I requested it so far ahead. If you are going to ask for requests on the site, then you should do your best to fulfill them. To top it off, after our wonderful meal, we handed in a discount card from The Marriott, which was supposed to be redeemed for one appetizer or glass of wine per entree (up to a $12 value). We had four meals, and they only took off one appetizer. After I told her we ate here before and got four, showed her the wording and told her we got 2 appetizers at Zooma, they took off one more --still not all four (2 appetizers and 2 wines). Disappointed.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!!!lovedgalaxiewaterplaceDined on 8/9/2014I can't tell you the last time I ate in the city of Providence...I try to avoid the city at all costs..it was so easy to get there...but at Jackie's everything was perfect..immediate easy valet parking...the staff, the service, the food, the atmosphere, food presentation, our table (#38 to be exact) ....after our dinner we were able to go outside and have a spectacular view of the waterfires.......we will be visiting again.....oh forgot to mention using open table for our reservations was convenient also.........thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experiencekbennett219Dined on 8/9/2014This was my second visit to Jackys. We were celebrating my father's 50th birthday. Jacky's truly made it special. They seated us by a window overlooking the river, and were perfectly attentive. The food was incredible, beautiful presentation. What a great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixedht68Dined on 8/9/2014Been here before, really liked ambience, food, service. This time, service was very slow & we were only one of 3 tables there, with only 4-5 people at bar. Service would have been rated lower except they were very accomodating when we wanted to switch tables twice because of the sun - although they shouldn't have seated us in way of the sun the first place. The French crunch roll was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really off, off, off night - why??AiredaleVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have always enjoyed Jacky's (have been to this location multiple times and regularly get Sushi from their location on Metacom Ave.), but they were WAY OFF on the Thursday night we dined there. They were "down a bartender" which delayed our drinks 10+ minutes. Then the blender was broken, so some drinks couldn't be served. Then they were out of mint, so other drinks could not be served. Then drinks finally appeared and one of them had an insect in it. At this point we waited through the rest of dinner for the next thing to go wrong. Really spoiled it. And I think there was some loose tile outside bathroom, which wobbled, and you felt like the place was slowly being neglected. Would not recommend if we only had this outing to go by.
- Love the sushiGeiorgieDDined on 7/31/2014we had a great waitress and the sushi and sashemi were top notch! I ask for a quiet area for conversation and we were placed in a area away from the crowded a parts of the restaurant with a nice view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service IssuessecondtryDined on 7/28/2014My only objection to our evening was that my appetizer was forgotten, so it arrived late to the table. While everyone was still eating appetizer the main courses were brought to the table and sat for a significant period of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!tobyDined on 7/26/2014My husband does not like Japanese or Chinese food and there were more than enough choices for him to choose from! Service on the drinks a little slow.....very clean....enjoyed it all....prices....$$$...especially the drinks!Special Features:
- enjoyed food and ambiencelisawezzDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed the food, especially liked the flat iron steak with asparagus and the oriental fried rice with chicken, beef and shrimp. The decor of the restaurant is very nice. Service was friendly and relatively quick.Special Features:
- Awesome!!MeliDined on 7/22/2014My date and I were looking for a restaurant with an intimate setting, good Sushi, good drinks, outside seating and nice decor. Jacky's Waterplace has all that and much more! Our waiter was super friendly and funny. I definitely recommend this restaurant. It is perfectly situated during Waterfire evenings as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is wonderful. ulLeeannDined on 7/19/2014Decor beautiful wonderful food great for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pvd experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Delicious cuisine! This was our first experience and it was exceptionally worthwhile. Excellent staff, food, scenery and overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014Very accommodating staff members. Attentive service. Went for the Sashimi and sushi exclusively. The menu caters to Americans and offers many Asian options, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese. It is a challenge to offer that many options and execute each well. Nice but not for the connoisseur of Sushi.
- Excellent place to dineLove2DineDined on 7/15/2014Never disappointed with Jacky's Waterplace. Always want to go back there all the time. Recommend people to try this amazing restaurant. Keep up the good work guys. The people work there are very friendly.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!Megaroo2388Dined on 7/12/2014Had dinner with three friends before watching the basin lighting at WaterFire. The food was delicious (had the Pad Thai and a Tuna/Avocado roll). The martinis were generous (Perfect Passion and Pomegranate). The atmosphere is the ideal combination of energetic, yet serene. It really is the best place to dine before WaterFire. However, my friends and I spent over $200 and felt very rushed by the wait staff, which kind of isn't cool when you're spending that kind of $$ and clearly going to tip well. We were only there for two hours and had appetizers, two drinks each, and full entrees. Settle down, dude. Other than that, nice experience!Special Features:
- Great menu selectionsWorldgrazerVIPDined on 7/9/2014Something for everybody. Unfortunately, the last time I was there, the waiter seemed to go missing and we had to walk to the front to ask for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday lunch3friendsDined on 7/8/2014Great ambience, but the service was poor. The waiter did not know the menu.Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice PeopleDR22650Dined on 7/3/2014At dinner, the service, the view, the ambience and the food were all great. Been here several times and it is all very good. Great and Fresh Sushi.Special Features:
- stekelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Jacky's is a great place to dine! The food is fresh and the service is great. If you love sushi, this is the place to go. The sushi chefs are tru artists!Special Features:
- Review of Jacky'sWhoops4Dined on 6/28/2014We all had sushi except for one. He ordered lobster surf and turf and unfortunately his meal arrived very late while the rest of us were already almost finished. The manager became aware and offered a round of drinks. Overall though sushi was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- city nightupscalefoodieDined on 6/28/2014went to Jacky's on waterfire night, great look at the city and the lighting along the river. Service a little slow, but they were very busy. Great drinks. We asked hostess for a seat at the window and she said she would try her best, she did come through with that, very nice. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian food with a viewFiddleDeeDeeVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a nice dinner overlooking the Riverwalk before a free concert. The waiter was very accomodating for our food needs (vegetarian and gluten and dairy free). The pad thai was fresh, the summer rolls were wrapped right, and the sushi roll was great!Special Features:
- foodieinpafoodieinpaVIPDined on 6/27/2014From the valet parking greeting on thru the dinner service, this place is a winner. We had the won-ton soup and the shrimp lemongrass soup - both delicious. We had the Peking duck which had a crispy crust, tender meat, and minimum fat - another winner. We tried the coconut shrimp which was greaseless, crispy, and not too sweet served with a mango sauce that hit the right degrees of hotness and again, not sweet. We finished with green tea and ginger ice cream, both refreshing. Our server was well informed on all the menu choices and the preparation, very attentive without being intrusive. The location is easy to get to and has great views of the river - the décor is lovely. Definitely a "come-back" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014A very nice afternoon lunch. Service was outstanding, but not over the top. Both the sushi and the cooked entrees were very nicely done.Special Features:
- AnnieLDined on 6/14/2014Food and service were excellent! Brought friends from out of town and a set of infant twins. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Nice prompt waiter, clean bathrooms. A little on the pricey side for the specialty rolls, but everything else was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & Tasty Get-Together SpotSteveBDined on 6/7/2014Six of us met on Saturday, where we enjoyed great appetizers at the bar, watched the Belmont Stakes and had great sushi, sashimi, cooked beef & cooked chicken. In all, there was something for everyone!!! The service was great as was the atmosphere. We've been here before & will continue to return!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!RichardDined on 6/2/2014Another terrific dinner at Jacky's. A nice touch occurred when the wait staff came to the table to sing happy birthday to my daughter, with a slice of delicious cheesecake. Our 3rd time there, and our third excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantpastaloverVIPDined on 6/1/2014This was our first time at Jacky's and the restaurant is absolutely beautiful. The food was very good as well as the service. I noticed that most negative reviews had to do with the service but we did not experience any problems. It was a little expensive compared to most Asian restaurants but the view is worth it. You must try it at least once.Special Features:
- Beyond DisappointingJadeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Extremely disappointing. Kept a guest without a chair for 15 minutes. Food came to the table completely cold. Manager was relatively unresponsive. For the multiple restaurant errors in a party of 10 the manager took off two vegetables. Never again. No wonder it was the only restaurant which had availability on open table after most had been booked for months due to college graduations.Special Features:
- Second time is as good as the firstvinnieDined on 5/24/2014Again I took guests to dinner and I was very impressed as were they. It was a Waterfire Night. It was the perfect spot to watch Waterfires. The restaurant was very busy but it did not negatively effect the service. The wait staff was great and attentive. We received very good suggestions from our waitress and help to suggest wine and drinks to complement our meal. I would highly recommend checking this place out. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- I always feel richerjnog88Dined on 5/13/2014I love going to Jacky's Waterplace because I feel like a different person when I go there. The staff are friendly and helpful, the linens are fantastic and the ambiance is just so rich and distinct. It just feels like a different caliber of restaurant. The food is always fantastic, fresh and prepared the way you ask. There was a slip up this visit though, instead of just Shrimp I got a variety of seafood in my Singapore Noodle. (which I was VERY okay with!) The sushi was fresh and delicious as always. The prices are reasonable for what you receive. All in all I've always had a good experience at this location. The other Jacky's locations pale in comparison.Special Features:
- Enchanting ExperienceMomDayDelightDined on 5/11/2014This is a beautiful setting for some spectacular food. You can enjoy a variety of appetizers, fun drinks, sushi and full meals while you're surrounded by gorgeous view and elegant decor. Albert, the Manager will make your experiwnce shine.... Love it!Special Features:
- always a great time and mealjoanie827Dined on 5/9/2014Always love going to Jackie's for sushi with friends. We just order a bunch and share. No pressure to get up and leave. Drinks are great too.Special Features: