Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant (Downtown, Providence)
200 Exchange Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant (Downtown, Providence)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackyswaterplace.com/
- Phone: (401) 383-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Lin, Ming Liang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater all special events Eastern and Western style.
- Cross Street: Stillman Street
- Public Transit: We are located at 200 Exchange Street, Providence, RI. Our restaurant is directly under the Luxury Waterplace Condo spaces.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For Lunch time, customer can park at the open parking lot (Citizens Bank Parking Plaza) we offer parking at a discounted rate. In the evening starting at 5pm everyday, we offer complimentary valet parking service.
A word from Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant (Downtown, Providence)
Jacky's offers classic and contemporary Asian cuisines, including Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean and more. Revamping traditional Szechuan, Hunan and Hong Kong style cuisines from a fresh perspective, along with the ingenious marriage of Chinese traditional and modern culinary cooking techniques, and presentation styles from the West make for a unique and eclectic dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant (Downtown, Providence) - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant (Downtown, Providence) reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)special occasion (60)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (50)romantic (47)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (18)late-night find (9)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best sushi I ever had!FoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014Jacky's was a really great experience! I made a reservation on opentable and when we arrived the place was packed, but we were seated right away. The waiter was very attentive, accommodating and helpful with choices on the menu. We had the best sushi of our lives! So fresh and clean and the presentation was impeccable! I will definitely go back and I will certainly recommend this to all friends, family and fellow opentable members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeDavidDDined on 11/7/2014Ideal place for a special occasion, great food and drinks. Wide variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Asianluveatingout1Dined on 11/1/2014I've travelled to Asia extensively and Jacky's is definitely the next best thing to being there. Fabulous Peking Duck! Excellent Tempura, terrific Sushi! The best!Special Features:
- Great serviceGracie17Dined on 10/28/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent! While making a reservation on line, I mentioned in the comments section that we were celebrating my husband's promotion. When we arrived the hostess congratulated him and at the end of our meal he was presented with a beautiful complimentary dessert. I appreciate so much that they took it upon themselves to do that. It made our celebration that much more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group experienceRhodylannDined on 10/28/2014I have a group of 8-10 friends that meets for dinner once a month, and has done so for more than thirty years. In the past we have visited and been pleased with the Galaxie restaurants. Since Jacky's Waterplace opened we have dined there several times. It is slightly more pricey than the Galaxies but is well worth the extra for the experience, ambience, and convenient location in downtown Providence. It is such fun to order a variety of dishes to share. As always, we especially appreciate that Peking duck does not have to be ordered in advance, and is as delicious as ever. I believe Jacky's is probably among our group's top three favorite Rhode Island restaurants.Special Features:
- Awesome!andreagrace48Dined on 10/25/2014Decided on this restaurant because of the great reviews and the location to WaterFire. Did not disappoint! The food was incredible and the service was even better. We felt important and valued and that means so much to me.Special Features:
- Delicious DiningpaquetDined on 10/18/2014This is just the greatest place for any occasion. The food and service has always been amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerHungrySurgeonDined on 10/18/2014We dined at Jacky's prior to the RI Philharmonic concert. Had a very romantic dinner, two of us enjoyed a private table. Each course was artfully prepared and served. Delicious seafood egg drop soup, outstanding sushi and entrees. Definitely will be back for another special meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Spectacular SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Some of the best sushi rolls that you'll have. Great ambiance, good service, reasonable wine bottle pricing and overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration!ManfredDined on 10/11/2014We had a party of 14 for my sister's birthday party and the restaurant accommodated us beautifully by giving us a private room and a very attentive waiter. Food was consistently very good. Everyone...EVERYONE at the table had a great meal. How often does that happen?!? We were there for Water Fire and enjoyed the view from our table. High recommend. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Dinner before a showCarmenDined on 10/10/2014This was my second visit to Jacky's Waterplace. Both times the food was great, the ambience is nice and the view of Waterplace is beautiful. My complaint is with the hostess and waitress. Both times, when ordering the "house wine", the wait staff serves the most expensive wine on the wine list. During my first visit, the hostess refused to seat us at a window table for a 4:30pm reservation. I had made the reservation a month ahead of time and called twice to confirm a window table. We were the only ones in the restaurant and it took asking to see the manager to be seated at a window table. When we left, there were still plenty of empty tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I came here for the first time this past weekend with a few friends for a birthday, and I was blown away at the quality of the food, the service, and the ambiance of the establishment. Excellent experience all around. The restaurant is located just in front of where the WaterFire events in Providence take place, which must be beautiful to look out to at night when they are taking place. Our waiter was friendly and provided us with great service! I Also loved the complementary valet parking which was a major relief that I didn't have to worry about parallel parking into a tiny space a couple blocks away like usual with inner city dining. I highly recommend Jacky's Waterplace to anyone who enjoys great tasting, high quality Asian food!Special Features:
- Awesome!MeliDined on 9/27/2014Awesome food, drinks and atmosphere! I've been here for a romantic dinner and for a night out with the girls. Jackie's is great for all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yellyDined on 9/27/2014great food , love the place, my wife favorite place, eat and see the water fires, had outstanding night- thank for the table, will go back again,Special Features:
- Great place for lunchluv2dineDined on 9/26/2014I took a group here for lunch and it was great. Food was very good and ambience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marilyn14VIPDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I enjoyed a very relaxing and enjoying evening at Jacky's Waterplace. We sit outside on the deck which was not as noisy as inside. Our waitress was very pleasant and enjoyed joking with us, but at the beginning at little slow, in that it took us awhile to get our drinks. The vegetable pad thai was very good, flat iron steak with Chinese broccoli also excellent. My girlfriend and I had the prawns dish with varied vegetables in a mild, light sauce. I would definitely order that again. A sushi dish was also ordered and did not disappoint in presentation or taste. The four of us agreed that we would definitely come back to Jacky's.Special Features:
- Stick with the sushiFoodSnotDined on 9/20/2014My husband loves sushi and I don't, but we gave it a try because the menu had a lot of variety. We had early reservations and as we were being seated we walked through the staff all sitting around eating edamame (very unprofessional). The cloth chairs were filthy and the window sills had dust and grime on them. I ordered soup and my husband ordered sushi for our appetizers. The soup was nice but way too large and the sushi was excellent. We both ordered an entrée with steak, requested medium. They both came well done. My husband's was very fatty and his daikon radish was so raw he could not bite into it. The waitress seemed annoyed to have to serve us throughout the whole dinner. This place is fine as long as you only go for sushi.Special Features:
- hip place, great view, good foodWMColmes14VIPDined on 9/20/2014nice staff, very good choices. we have noodles, apps and sushi and we liked it all. nice view on the water, good for a group or a date. modern dishes but also classics. the DUCK appetizer is a great way to sample some decadence and a Chinese classic.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCamerontDined on 9/19/2014We had excellent service here and lived the food. We're vegetarian and odered cucumber and avocado rolls, veggie spring rolls and the Pad Thai without the egg . All were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Sushi consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Can get crowded with large parties on a weekend night so the kitchen can get quite busy. But worth the wait. I find the good and Sushi consistently yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local fancy AsianprovidencefoodieDined on 9/12/2014Jacky's puts Pf Changs to shame, though I like Changs as well (for a chain restaurant). I enjoy Jacky's every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerMaxdadmarkDined on 8/29/2014I had nime chow and the crab & salmon sashimi. Excellent choices, very fresh. Service was cheerful, but moderately slow. Cocktails did not come until the waiter was reminded, and just before the appetizers arrived. Also not made to my companion's specifications. Actually, the bartender seemed tired and not friendly. Beautiful atmosphere, very elegant and cosmopolitan. This was my first visit after 8 PM, and I was very disappointed to see several children there, which kind of spoiled the mood. Still, highly recommended.Special Features:
- perfect meal with waterfireEatsWithFriendsVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting from out of town to see waterfire, what a great find. They have windows overlooking the river and basin. We could be outside and experience the festival and they texted us exactly when the take was ready. Service was a tad slow but understandable on such a busy night, and frankly we did not mind given they accommodated our window request. I'm normally skeptical of places that offer up multiple cuisines under one roof, but it worked here. The sushi was fresh and well crafted, the Chinese food was excellent also. I didn't attempt dessert but my daughter said the banana tempura chocolate thing hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glitzy decorspanglesDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is reasonable but is rather over the top in its glitzy decor. No complaints about anything but probably not somewhere we would return to. The menu is also quite pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackie's WaterfrontCarmenDined on 8/23/2014I had made my reservation for 8 at 4:30pm 2 months ahead of time because it was a Waterfire night. I called 4 times to confirm the reservation and to request to sit near a window. I was told we couldn't eat outside because they didn't allow parties larger than 6 outside. We were the first people in the restaurant and were told there were no window seats available! There was nobody else in the restaurant! I reminded them I had made the reservation 2 months ago and they asked us if we wanted to sit outside after I had been told several times we couldn't. They wanted to put us in a small room in the back of the restaurant with no windows. Finally, they sat us at a window. When we left, the hostess was rude and wouldn't even acknowledge us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rpleoneDined on 8/15/2014We always have a good experience. Food and menu are excellent. Their wait staff leaves a little to be desired, not top notch. Red wines by the glass that are offered are terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time. The food was great, the service was wonderful. The only thing that would deter me from going back is the price of each item. The cost is almost double what you would pay even on the east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregDined on 8/11/2014I held a business/ lunch meeting and the atmosphere was favorable for such a meeting. The food was wonderful and decor is beautiful! I would go back for business or personal dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious, but disappointingitterfamVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was our second time here. As always, great food and service. However, my Open Table request for a window table was not fulfilled. It was Water Fire night, but I requested it so far ahead. If you are going to ask for requests on the site, then you should do your best to fulfill them. To top it off, after our wonderful meal, we handed in a discount card from The Marriott, which was supposed to be redeemed for one appetizer or glass of wine per entree (up to a $12 value). We had four meals, and they only took off one appetizer. After I told her we ate here before and got four, showed her the wording and told her we got 2 appetizers at Zooma, they took off one more --still not all four (2 appetizers and 2 wines). Disappointed.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!!!lovedgalaxiewaterplaceDined on 8/9/2014I can't tell you the last time I ate in the city of Providence...I try to avoid the city at all costs..it was so easy to get there...but at Jackie's everything was perfect..immediate easy valet parking...the staff, the service, the food, the atmosphere, food presentation, our table (#38 to be exact) ....after our dinner we were able to go outside and have a spectacular view of the waterfires.......we will be visiting again.....oh forgot to mention using open table for our reservations was convenient also.........thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experiencekbennett219Dined on 8/9/2014This was my second visit to Jackys. We were celebrating my father's 50th birthday. Jacky's truly made it special. They seated us by a window overlooking the river, and were perfectly attentive. The food was incredible, beautiful presentation. What a great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixedht68Dined on 8/9/2014Been here before, really liked ambience, food, service. This time, service was very slow & we were only one of 3 tables there, with only 4-5 people at bar. Service would have been rated lower except they were very accomodating when we wanted to switch tables twice because of the sun - although they shouldn't have seated us in way of the sun the first place. The French crunch roll was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really off, off, off night - why??AiredaleVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have always enjoyed Jacky's (have been to this location multiple times and regularly get Sushi from their location on Metacom Ave.), but they were WAY OFF on the Thursday night we dined there. They were "down a bartender" which delayed our drinks 10+ minutes. Then the blender was broken, so some drinks couldn't be served. Then they were out of mint, so other drinks could not be served. Then drinks finally appeared and one of them had an insect in it. At this point we waited through the rest of dinner for the next thing to go wrong. Really spoiled it. And I think there was some loose tile outside bathroom, which wobbled, and you felt like the place was slowly being neglected. Would not recommend if we only had this outing to go by.
- Love the sushiGeiorgieDDined on 7/31/2014we had a great waitress and the sushi and sashemi were top notch! I ask for a quiet area for conversation and we were placed in a area away from the crowded a parts of the restaurant with a nice view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 185 reviews are from the Jacky's Waterplace Restaurant (Downtown, Providence) reviews archive.
- Service IssuessecondtryDined on 7/28/2014My only objection to our evening was that my appetizer was forgotten, so it arrived late to the table. While everyone was still eating appetizer the main courses were brought to the table and sat for a significant period of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!tobyDined on 7/26/2014My husband does not like Japanese or Chinese food and there were more than enough choices for him to choose from! Service on the drinks a little slow.....very clean....enjoyed it all....prices....$$$...especially the drinks!Special Features:
- enjoyed food and ambiencelisawezzDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed the food, especially liked the flat iron steak with asparagus and the oriental fried rice with chicken, beef and shrimp. The decor of the restaurant is very nice. Service was friendly and relatively quick.Special Features:
- Awesome!!MeliDined on 7/22/2014My date and I were looking for a restaurant with an intimate setting, good Sushi, good drinks, outside seating and nice decor. Jacky's Waterplace has all that and much more! Our waiter was super friendly and funny. I definitely recommend this restaurant. It is perfectly situated during Waterfire evenings as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is wonderful. ulLeeannDined on 7/19/2014Decor beautiful wonderful food great for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pvd experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Delicious cuisine! This was our first experience and it was exceptionally worthwhile. Excellent staff, food, scenery and overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.