6005 Jericho Turnpike
Commack, NY 11725Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksonsrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 6314620822
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch 7 days, 11:30am - 3pm
Monday - Thursday 3:00 - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 3:00 - 11:00pm
Sunday 3:00 - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Harry Poole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-premise catering menus are custom created for each event. Off-premise orders range from single dish trays to multi-course meals.
- Private Party Facilities: On-premise events can be hosted for 20 to 150 guests. Private party room accommodates 70 guests, and can be divided. Room has separate entrance, private restroom, iPod hookup, television with AV cables & choice of round or banquet tables. Parties range from cocktail hours to fully coordinated multi-course meals. Brunches and luncheons can be booked between 11:30am and 3:00pm. Dinners may be booked any evening. Please contact us today for any event or occasion!
- Private Party Contact: Shelby Poole 6314620822
- Entertainment: TRIVIA NIGHT every Thursday at 8pm!
Free to play, win free beer, appetizers & a $25 Gift Card!
Two big screen TVs in the bar area playing sporting events.
- Special Events: We routinely host beer dinners, pop-up restaurants and cooking classes. Contact us to plan your next corporate event or night out.
A word from Jackson's Restaurant
Jackson's is a lively neighborhood gem serving up fresh, seasonal American cuisine, craft beers and handcrafted cocktails. It's the perfect spot for a first date, birthday bash or night out with friends. Private party room and daily happy hour.Continued
Enjoy a cozy neighborhood setting that's perfect for any day of the week.
Enjoy a cozy neighborhood setting that's perfect for any day of the week.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Jackson's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Commack ›
Jackson's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (14)good for groups (11)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Terrible service waited 2 hours to be served - we had the worst service on saturday and a long wait over 2 hours to be serviced by your waiter who never came back to the table to ask us if we need anything - rediculous
- I would go backEatcheapDined on 9/12/2014Even though we had a reservation we still had to wait 15 minx waiter was very nice. They have a big beer menu. The steak fries with garlic and Parmesan were delicious! For dessert we ordered the hot fudge French toast which was burnt so the waiter took it off the bill. Some issues but our entrees were good so I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedDrCynPizzulliVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our last two experiences with Jackson's were about 1 1/2 years ago. Excruciatingly slow and inattentive service and the food was so-so. But we decided to try it again and WOW were we surprised...First, the menu was revamped. The food was DELICIOUS and fresh. I had a wonderful salmon which I believe is an old menu item but tasted much better than it was last time. The biggest change was in the service. Our waiter was FANTASTIC and we didn't wait very long to be served. It was one of the best meals we've had lately in general. We will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:
- Drove a long way to try it...gofar2dinewellDined on 9/7/2014Drove from Ronkonkoma to Commack just to try the Marinated Skirt Steak. Worth the trip! Tender, juicy and flavorful, and a generous portion. Both of us selected it even though I also wanted to try the pecan-crusted chicken -- maybe next time. The sides (mashed and fresh spinach) were unremarkable, but still good. Lobster Roll Sliders on fresh biscuits were outstanding! Carrot Cake and Chocolate Mousse Cake were very good, but not special. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Not worth the tripjpalDined on 8/3/2014Honestly, heard good things about this place but not sure why. The waiter couldn't answer questions about the menu. Burgers were brought out raw, ribeye was overcooked. Rather go to Texas roadhouse
- Stay awayLuv2eatwellVIPDined on 8/3/2014Horrible food. Over cooked burger. Undercooked fish tacos.
- Awesome brunch!RussVIPDined on 7/13/2014Went here for brunch with the entire family ranging from 5 months to 65 years old. Food and service was great and we all had fun. The atmosphere was perfect for a Sunday brunch with the whole Family and I definitely Reccomend Jackson's for your next family brunch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arlgoalDined on 7/12/2014First time there and really enjoyed my meal. Entire staff very friendly and attentive.
- OptionmavenDined on 7/12/2014I hadn't been to Jackson's in for over 4 years, & I didn't remember my last experience as being all that good. But I gave it another chance, and I am glad I did. My dinner was delicious, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson'srgttouchDined on 7/11/2014Excellent Dinning experience. Been come here for years, since they opened under the old name. Also excellent is the other restaurant by same owners, Morrison's in Plainview. Have enjoyed that one since it's beginnings at Fat Artie's and then Redfish before now. All excellent food and service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyFoodieDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, the service very good, but it does not state on open table that it is kid friendly. We ate almost our entire meal with a young child crying at the table next to us. So all in all not recommended for older people who want a quiet pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Went for Father's DaysandiesDined on 6/15/2014We are from out of state and were visiting our daughter for Father's Day. We found Jackson's on the web and decided to take a chance. We were very happy with out choice and will be going back.Special Features:
- Not your typical tavern.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Jackson's presented as more an more upscale local tavern than anything else, but the food was very good and had some interesting options to counteract the standard pub fare. For instance, the spicy lobster eggrolls were amazing! My wife is pregnant and had a number of concerns regarding certain ingredients but the chef and our server were very accomodating and kept her well informed. I took my family there, including two children under the age of six, and there was no issue with having the kids there on a Saturday night. The craft beer list was substantial and offered a number of great choices. We'll be returning to Jackson's in the future.Special Features:
- The following 207 reviews are from the Jackson's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Consistency is their hallmarkLovetoeatDined on 2/11/2014I'm never disappointed in the food or service, and they have great micro brews on tap.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE ExperienceIvanDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I LOVED this restaurant when we moved to Commack. We went regularly. We took a hiatus for a few years as we had kids and although it is kid friendly preferred other restaurants with them. We have come back twice recently. Last time the service was awful. Food took forever and the menu was not nearly as good as it was years ago. On our last visit we had a horrible experience. We made a 7:30 reservation. Upon arriving we were told by the manager (after waiting for a hostess that didnt exist for 20 minutes) that he cancelled his opentable system because it cost him a lot of money. We would be seated as soon as he could. We waited an hour and were seated well after others came in. After that entire experience was ruined.
- We were greeted warmly, andReviewerDined on 1/31/2014We were greeted warmly, and had an elderly family member - they placed us not too far in to avoid them walking too much. Our server Tom was at our table in no time. He offered the nightly specials and immediately took our drink order. Fish tacos were superb and fresh, the French onion soup never came but I am no upset because the quality of the food and the kindness of the staff was excellent. The coffee and tea was piping hot on a cold night the perfect drinks to consume. We were given crisp chips with a perky green salsa like sauce for dipping. The burgers are the best in the area...cooked perfectly. Salads were fresh, crisp, and crunchy with a delightfully sweet yet tart mustard ... a must try! Commack neighborhood gem.Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceLove2dineDined on 1/16/2014Food was very good. Service was excellent. Restaurant was too loud. They had trivia night and there was no escaping the noise of the host yelling into the microphone. This maybe ok at the bar but it was not pleasant when dining and trying to have a conversation with others over dinner. It was a real turn-offSpecial Features:
- Good food good seeviceEatcheapDined on 1/3/2014Food was good. The have a pre-fix menu. Good drink menu as well. Waitress didn't tell us the special though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceAlexDined on 1/2/2014Came to Jackson's with a few friends the past week. Everything we had was delicious (definately recommend the pasta of the day and the French Toast dessert). Will definately be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchMrhistoryVIPDined on 12/31/2013the 12.50 combo lunch is a bargain. Large portions and great food.Special Features:
- great foodHollyPDined on 12/25/2013Food was great, service was great, but picked the wrong night to go. Everyone was there on Christmas Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas night treatroyella2013Dined on 12/25/2013We made a reservation for Christmas night thinking it would be slow (most people have company, etc.). It was mobbed - glad we made a reservation. Arrived a few minutes ahead - had to wait about 45 minutes but we were given a great little table for 2 by the bar. Our wait person was the bartender who was very pleasant and accommodating. Food and drinks were great and we enjoyed our Christmas dinner immensely. Always enjoy this restaurant - truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open for ChristmasHotStuffDined on 12/25/2013Although the restaurant was very crowded being one of the few open for Christmas, I felt they handled the situation well. They opened at 4 PM, which was great as at that point Christmas is "kind of over" in many respects, and quickly were packed. We had a 4:15 reservation and did not get seated for a while, but we were understanding due to the large crowd they had. The food was very good and our waiter was very attentive despite being pulled in a hundred directions. We would definitely recommend Jackson's, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food won't break your walletcindyrellaDined on 12/25/2013I found the food extremely good with extremely generous portions. The dishes were not too pricey. I enjoyed the restaurant and would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good bar food with aJustinThyme2013Dined on 11/30/2013Very good bar food with a twist. Twists like jambaylaya, shrimp po boy, and shredded pork. Full kids menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night, Great FoodhappilyeverafterDined on 11/23/2013We were seated immediately at a lovely booth in the corner by the window. Both the steak and the salmon we ordered were cooked perfectly. It took a while to get my glass of wine, tho.Special Features:
- Always greatMrBlzVIPDined on 11/23/2013Never disappointed. The menu has nice variety and everything has nice flavor and presentation. It's our go to place when we really can't decide what we would like to do.Special Features:
- Even though we had reservationsbry278Dined on 11/8/2013Even though we had reservations we had to wait a half hour to be seated.
- Not a pickle lover but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2013Your angry pickles are to die for. Would love and make a meal out of them.Special Features:
- Great food & service!jpg71Dined on 10/15/2013I had previously been at Jackson's for a private holiday party and decided to give their restaurant a try. I was not disappointed. Service was friendly, courteous, and prompt. My wife and I both had the 3 course dinner and everything was very good from appetizer to dessert. We'll definitely be back to try other selections from the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were happy that we usedcuriouserDined on 10/5/2013We were happy that we used Open Table to reserve for our group of 8 because we were seated right away. Another family who arrived without a reservation were told that it would be a 45+ minute wait! Our server was attentive and helpful and the food was good. It was a fun, lively dining room. We were a little disappointed that the menus on the restaurant's website weren't the menus we were given, as they had recently been updated but not uploaded to the web. Most at our table were meat-eaters so the menu had plenty of delicious choices for them. For our vegetarian, the only option was a salad, but it was a tasty salad (pear and gorgonzola) so it all worked out well for our group. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Quick dinnerJoluDined on 10/5/2013The apps were great! Dinner was ok! Bar area too small! Very noisy! We had reservations but they kept telling us a few more minutes we ended up waiting half hour. : (Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointed2galsandaguyDined on 10/5/2013The room was VERY noisy! It took a long time to get our food. The sweet potatoes were not crispy. I will not return.
- LEE2013LEE13Dined on 10/4/2013Exactly the place we were looking for! Wonderful variety! We enjoyed the salad entrees. Delicious and many to choose from! The pear & gargonzola salad was terrific with skirt steak which was cooked to my exact liking. We hope you bring back the mushroom & goat cheese salad as it's a favorite as well. Our waiter was attentive, friendly and most accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night with the girlspandemoniumboutiqueVIPDined on 9/30/2013We went there to celebrate a friend's birthday and everything was perfect. From the moment we walked in everyone was freindly and very good at their position. Food and drinks where all prepared perfectly and delish.
- Second time not a charmdoolessVIPDined on 9/2/2013The host was the beginning of my end at Jackson's. He did not respect Open-Table. Made us wait a long time after our reservation. Was not apologetic about it either. I believe the owner or manager of the restaurant was there as well. He thought he was doing you a favor by having this establishment. All I can say is, I gave the place a second chance and it was as bad as the first time! Food equivalent to TGIF or Applebee's at best. People who rate it well don't get out much. Slow service, mediocre food, bad management ,equal, no more Jackson's! An hour and a half of my life that I wished I had back!
- Neighborhood GemMrBlzVIPDined on 8/28/2013Never had a bad experience here which is why we keep coming back. Service and staff are always very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Nice AtmosphereLinguineDined on 8/19/2013This was my fourth time at Jacksons and I have never been disappointed. The menu has a great selection and every item that I have tried was very good. I especially like the Ahi Tuna and the Jambalaya. The prices are reasonable and the place is comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was veryMistyDined on 8/16/2013The food and service was very good as stated above. The noise level was so bad. We could not hear any one at our table talk unless they were right next to you. The people at the next table were so loud -quite disrespectful. Yes, I would recommend this restaurant for the food. But most people that I know would not tolerate the noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and ClosebytjoyfulVIPDined on 7/13/2013My husband and I have been here a couple of times. We seem to forget its close by and good for a casual dinner. I had the roast turkey sandwich with avocado and bacon. It was packed with turkey and was delicious. My husband had the burger and although he liked the burger he did not enjoy the roll it was served on. He actually removed the top half. Just too bready, I had an apple martini which was one of the best I've ever had. The bar was busy and by that one drink I can see why. I would use the term "loud" rather than energetic. We would go back a third time for a casual dining experience. I wouldn't consider it a romantic restaurant. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.