Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel
8402 University Blvd.
Moon Township, PA 15108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksonsdoubletree.com/
- Phone: 4123291405x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: Everyday: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rick Davison
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquets can be hosted in the Doubletree Hotel with food that is catered by Jacksons Restaurant. Please speak to you hotel banquet contact for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Jacksons offers a private dining room that seats up to 16 people. A VIP lounge that offers couch seating and a flat screen tv. Covered patio that is open seasonally. Jacksons specializes in private parties and banquet events.
- Private Party Contact: Dennis Hopper 4123291413x
- Special Events: Jacksons Restaurant-Rotisserie-Bar is now offering wine dinners once a month. Please contact Dennis Hopper or Michael Cerbe at 412-329-1413 for more information.
A word from Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel
Jacksons Restaurant-Rotisserie-Bar is a sophisticated, casual neighborhood restaurant. From the open demonstration kitchen, Jacksons serves artfully presented American cuisine with an International influence. Jacksons features signature appetizer towers, martinis and an extensive and varied wine list that is updated with the taste of the times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always a pleasure at Jackson's!MaryAVIPDined on 8/7/2014I usually go to the Southpointe location, but decided to check out Moon since it was closer to where I was at the time. The restaurant was not very busy at all for lunch on a Wednesday. Service was outstanding--very friendly and attentive without being too intrusive. Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- unexpectedly awesomeJeanneDined on 7/25/2014I usually don't think of hotel restaurants as my choice forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INnewbieDined on 7/4/2014We were there on the 4th of July, so it was a slow and quiet night. Very nice, though not typical, I'm sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Retirement Party SpecialPMacDined on 6/18/2014Our visit to the restaurant was to bring someone to lunch who was retiring and the experience was good. We had good service, we had good food, and the staff interacted with her enhancing her celebration lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business DinnerEatLocalFoodDined on 6/9/2014Business partners were staying near the airport, I needed a restaurant that would impress without being over the top. Neither I nor partners can afford to pay extravagant dinner prices, but we do not want boring national chains, either. We needed a quiet place where we could talk and enjoy great food from a menu that offered something for everyone. Jacksons was a success! Partners loved it and we had a great dinner meeting! Calamari appetizer - heaping plate but it went down *very* well! Skirt steak - very nice presentation and delicious Only reason I did not rate it as 5-stars and outstanding is because I have very high standards. I recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a change from the usual without being extravagant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mwallace3544VIPDined on 5/7/2014it was a business lunch and very comfortable for having a private conversation. Had one of their salads with salmon. it was very good although not exceptional. My friend had the salad with Chicken. Again very good but not exceptional. While I wouldn't make it a destination place, if you're in the area it is definitely on my list of best places to eat that gives you a good variety of healthy choices.Special Features:
- The following 104 reviews are from the Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel reviews archive.
- Very disappointedDisappointedDined on 4/26/2014Only one server for a busy restaurant. I tried to speak to the manager when I was leaving but gave up after waiting for over 10 minutes. He was in the dining room helping the server which I think was a good thing. I order a beer. My server said that the keg was empty and was being replaced. It would be 3 minutes. When my entree was delivered, I asked about my beer and he told me "to be honest, I forgot to bring it". I told him I no longer wanted it. When he brought my soup, he said that Banquets had stolen all the soup spoons and all they had were teaspoons. I really liked my server. He was nice and understood the new menu. The food was excellent. But you can't run a restaurant with people at 10 plus tables with one server.
- Great Food Fabulous ServiceGr82eatVIPDined on 3/31/2014I brought a client here for lunch and was pleasantly surprised to find that we had the restaurant all to ourselves. The restaurant is nicely appointed and clean. We had a seat near a window and it gave us a nice view to the roadway. We had a wonderful waiter - Kevin. He was very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable about the menu. We both had Shrimp Tacos, recommended by Kevin and they were wonderful! I had followed lunch with the fruit tart and vanilla bean ice cream and that was quite good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant. It was right next door to the Doubletree and the Hampton Inn is right next door. This place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice dinner!WestonVIPDined on 3/28/2014We always have a nice dining experience at Jackson's. Between Chef Rick's wonderful dishes and the friendly service, you cannot go wrong. Jackson's in Moon Twp is a regular spot for us most weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKmonetDined on 3/13/2014It was OK. Happy hour t the bar was vibrant by a few. Dinner was OK, salad was nice, iceberg wedge. A bit on the high side of pricing.Special Features:
- Great MealWestonVIPDined on 3/7/2014Execellent food every time! Even though this restaurant is connected to the Doubletree Hotel in Moon Twp, it's not the Doubletree's restaurant - it's a restaurant that people in the Doubletree can also enjoy. Great gem of a place for Moon area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating the cold winterDNAfromCVDined on 3/1/2014We, like many in the Pittburgh area, are tired of the cold winter weather this year. So, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner on what was actually one of the warmer days of the winter so far. We've gone to Jackson's before and knew what the quality of food and service was so decided to make it our place for a little "tired of winter" celebration. Like always, the food was great, wine was good, service was great, and like always, we managed to take enough home to have steak and eggs for breakfast. What a treat and a great place for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Terrible experience. Never go back.TPDJDined on 2/14/2014I would never return to this restaurant so I would never recommend it to anyone. From the moment we got our table till the time we left it was one bad thing after another. Horrible service and bad management at this restaurant. This restaurant could not keep up with the amount of tables they had and every table looked like they were having the same horrible experience.
- under-staffedLocalSupportDined on 2/14/2014The food was good. Though it was not crowded, the staff was short. There was another event going on at the hotel that occupied the staff. There was a lot of confusion about who was the cover which table. This may have contributed to my streak being under cooked, medium-well came to me as medium-rare. They corrected the problem quickly but I don't like sending food back. I would recommend going on a weekday our when you know the hotel has no other events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliablePickyChefDined on 2/14/2014Had a really nice meal at Jackson's for Valentine's Day. Can't seem to go there without eating a crabcake appetizer, and I am extremely picky about my crabcakes. It was business as usual. Love the fennel slaw. My wife had a New York Strip with Gorgonzola and fingerling potatoes. Her steak was perfectly cooked and I had Salmon with sweet potato puree and pea shoot mini salad. All very tasty and prepared in record time by the kitchen staff. My server was noticeably inexperienced, which didn't detract from a great dinner. I was mildly displeased when my dessert took way too long to get expedited to my table. My server had vanished and not bussed our dishes, but other than that, we had a great time. Best kept secret in Moon, that Jackson's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jacksons - Moon's bestWestonVIPDined on 1/24/2014Jackson's Restaurant located at the Doubletree Hotel in Moon Twp is a great place for dinner and lunch. Awesome bar; a separate fine dining area or an expanded dining area in the bar. They've introduced a new menu and its terrific. They've worked on their prices too and many of the features are very reasonable. But the best is the food. Chef Ric Davidson oversees it all and he is one of the best. No wonder he gets the awards he does. Don't assume this is just another "hotel restaurant"…it's not. It's a great restaurant that just happens t share real-estate with a hotel. Check it out soon!Special Features:
- Excellent Thanksgiving BuffetArizonaPeteDined on 11/28/2013This was our first time at Jackson's and we opted for the $25.95 Thanksgiving dinner buffet and it totally exceeded our expectations. Not only was the food perfectly cooked and seasoned, but the decor and general ambiance of the restaurant was extremely pleasant. We totally recommend it and would love to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first experiencetejistaDined on 11/28/2013It was my first experience at Jackson's. Perhaps because it was a Thanksgiving buffet where the fare is the usual, I rate the food as good but no better. Next time I would like to try to order from the menú. It looks like a nice atmosphere and it seems they may have more interesting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALL OF THE FOOD WAS COLD,TURKEYDAYDINERDined on 11/28/2013ALL OF THE FOOD WAS COLD, THE BUFFET WAS NOT RESTOCKED IN ANY KIND OF A TIMELY MANNER AND THE SERVICE WAS SLOW. I ASKED FOR COFFEE AND THE WAITER SAID YOU CAN GET IT YOURSELF, THERE IS A COFFEE SERVICE NEAR THE BUFFET, ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT I WAS GETTING MY COFFEE FROM THE WAIT STAFF'S AREA. HE WAS SO LAZY THAT HE MADE ME GET MY OWN COFFEE. I WAS SO EMBARASSED WHEN A WAITRESS CAME UP TO ME AND SAID "MAME YOUR WAITER WILL GET COFFEE FOR YOU". I THINK IT'S PROBABLY OK ON A DAILY BASIS, BUT FOR A HOLIDAY SERVICE, I THINK THEY WERE OUT OF THEIR ELEMENT.
- Thanksgiving Buffet was pretty goodKellyDined on 11/28/2013Food quality was great esp the cranberry stuffing, turkey, salmon, salad bar. They also offered ham & roast beef. Would have liked some southern style greens. Green beans were almost raw. Desserts - plenty of variety, but just okay. Service was good except they made it difficult to get a cup of coffee. was afraid we'd be seated in a big crowded room with no privacy, but we were fortunate enough to get a nice booth in the bar area where all the food was available. Despite the negative comments I posted it was a very good experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Meal520SDined on 11/28/2013My wife and I enjoyed every bit of our buffet dining experience, multiple main courses were offered, everything we tried was tender and full of flavor. Deserts were never ending again multiple choices. Great service, all staff were on point and ensured they were attentive to anything we needed. Highly recommended!!! Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013My wife and I really enjoyed our experience at Jacksons. We liked their cocktail selections, definitely try the watermelon margarita. I got the shrimp chorizo chowder for an appetizer, this is a must try for chowder lovers, very unique. For dinner I had the bacon wrapped salmon and my wife had the flat iron steak, both delicious and looked beautiful on the plate. Our server was Tiffanie, she was very efficient and friendly, you can tell she really takes pride in what she does. We sat on the outside patio, which is nice and private, has great ambiance. Jacksons is not a cheap place to eat but for a nice occasion it is well worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our experienceNittanylionryanDined on 7/15/2013We really enjoyed our experience at your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night SpecialChloesBackDined on 6/21/2013"Party on the Patio" Fridays, starting at 5:30 p.m., at Jackson's is great. $2.00 Yuengling and Sam Adams drafts. The BBQ'd Buffalo Wings were the best we've ever tasted. The Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos were outstanding; you get three large tacos per order. And, the Flat Iron Steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Keep in mind that there is a juke box playing so things can get a little loud. But summer is a perfect time to eat on their patio and enjoy the music and great food. Thanks again Chef Rick for another fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Nice butJoJoDined on 5/31/2013Great food and atmosphere. Better if you don't have time constraints. Pleasant and can be slow.Special Features:
- AverageDineOutDined on 5/11/2013Used this restaurant as it was close to the Robert Morris University. We were not familiar with the area, so we were just looking for something close by for lunch after the graduation ceremony on Saturday. There wasn't anything special about the food or the restaurant that would make us want to go back.Special Features:
- Hats off to Jacksons!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2013We chose the patio and although it was too early for the fountain it was lovely. The noise level was perfect to visit with a former co-worker over her lunch hour. Service was excellent and food very good. It was interesting during the lunch hour that the waitress had her break. She was most attentive and came over to let us know and refreshed our drinks. Her replacement also checked on us. We were well taken care of. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was prepared perfectly.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013The food was prepared perfectly. It was delicious, and the presentation was very attractive. The raspberry torte was not only delicious, but beautiful and artistic. Service was adequate, but slow, and the server did not check on us very often, but seemed to disappear from time to time.Special Features:
- Decent food for a hotel restaurantFrankRVIPDined on 2/4/2013Decent food for a hotel restaurant / bar. Nice to have a pizza oven with hand made pizzas for a change from the usual bar food you find at other places. I also eat breakfast here frequently when staying at the hotel. The Healthy Choice breakfast is the best deal on the menu, tasty and very filling.
- Food was very good- they hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Food was very good- they had different selections and it was plated nicely. Our server was new, so she did know how to answer some of our questions about how the food was prepared. But very good place. My mother and her co-worker go there for lunch all of the time.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Nice Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2013We went to Jackson's on a Monday night for dinner. We knew we would have a nice dinner but were not expecting how fabulous it actually was. My husband had the short ribs, and I had the salmon. Both were outstanding--far beyond our expectations. Truly comparable to a much higher end restaurant. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- In respects to a four courseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012In respects to a four course meal the portions were to large. My dinner companion and I were stuffed half way through the second course and the food was only fair. The kitchen door was broken and continued to slam the entire duration of our visit.Special Features:
- Excellence in Moon TownshipChloesBackDined on 12/28/2012Executive Chef Rick Davison is always creating new dishes. His creations are always fresh and innovative. Most people would be quite surprised to find a restaurant of this quality and caliber in the Moon Township/Airport area. We’ve tried just about everything on the menu over the past several years and we can honestly say that we have always been extremely pleased with our meals. We’ve never been disappointed with any of Chef Rick’s dishes. Out of all of the restaurants in the Greater Pittsburgh area that we have dined at Jackson’s at the Doubletree Hotel in Moon Township is in the top three (3) for consistency, quality, freshness and flavor, presentation, and variety. Thanks Chef Rick for all of the fantastic meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never greeted by a hostess.jenjenVIPDined on 11/10/2012Never greeted by a hostess. Server had no idea of specials or the soup they had and then was she quoted as having didn't. The hostess that did not greet us, did stand the doorway watching tv in the bar and looking at us while we ate. I visited the Jackson's in Southpointe and that experience is exceptional service, decor, food. I think I was expecting that same caliber of dining.
- The food was excellent! LotsjhpennwvDined on 10/27/2012The food was excellent! Lots of rough edges in everything else, left me with a bit of sourness for the restaurant.
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012This was my first time at Jacksons in Moon. We made a reservation for a Sunday at lunchtime for a party of 8, but really didn't need it. We were the only ones there. All the lunch menu items are the same price which is kind of nice. The selection was limited to about 12 choices but each dish was a bit unique, not your everyday sandwiches that you get a most chain restaurants. They also offer a kids menu. Overall, it was a good experience and I will most likely go back.Special Features:
- Waiter did not know menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Waiter did not know menu. Waited forever for salad and bread. One entree was special #1 instead of special #2. Just not what I expect at a restaurant with $30+ entrees.
- Best near PITT airportOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Staying near the Pittsburgh hotel, this is the best restaurant in the area. The dining room and the bar are in the same room, but the noise level is not too bad. Oddly for this type of restaurant, a TV is installed on every table, but you can turn it off. The menu is varied and original. Our waiter mixed up our wine order, but it was quickly corrected. The food was beautifully plated and flavorful, but it could have used more seasoning.
- Dish of the Year honor well-earnedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2012Executive Chef Rick prepared the dish for which he won "Dish of the Year" in the Savor Pittsburgh contest: an oil-poached short rib that takes 72-hours to prepare. Absolutely amazing, and a must try. The service is great. Don't think of this as a hotel restaurant, just a great restaurant. Definitely an unknown gem.Special Features:
- Eight people, no one enjoyedAnnualTopsailVisitorDined on 8/5/2012Eight people, no one enjoyed their meal. No one would return.