Jackson's Food and Drink
2041 Rosecrans Ave #190
El Segundo, CA 90245Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jackson's Food and Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jacksonsfoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 3106065500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11am - 3pm
Happy Hour - Monday- Friday 4pm- 630pm
Dinner - Sunday - Thursday 5pm-9pm
Dinner - Friday - Saturday 5pm - 10:30pm
Late Night - Friday and Saturday 10:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Outside catering available as well as In-Office business lunch catering.
A word from Jackson's Food and Drink
Jackson’s Food + Drink shares the plaza with the ArcLight theater on Rosecrans Avenue on the border of Manhattan Beach and El Segundo. The menu focuses on New American Cuisine – a low-key gourmet style with authentic robust flavors using the best farm to table ingredients. The restaurant includes a full bar and features abundant seating including a heated outdoor dining area and is open for Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner, and Late Night. Both valet and self parking are available on the west side of the building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jackson's Food and Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not up to the HypeluvgoodfoodDined on 10/18/2014Went to Jackson's expecting more based on their excellent web site. The food was generally so, so with the exception of the fries which were excellent. Service was good until the restaurant became busy. Will give it a second chance. Patio was better than most but loud.Special Features:
- DinnerL0723VIPDined on 10/17/2014Always have a great time here. Great food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promises More Than It DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2014We really liked the dining rooms, bar, outside dining areas - very cool, very hip. Bartenders and service was excellent. But the problem was with the food. I had a steak -- very fatty, not very flavorable. The Brussels Sprouts were ok but lacked zip. The French Fries were excellent - no hint of oil whatsoever. My friend had a cod and said it was good. Overall I thought the food was mediocre, certainly could have been better. We probably won't go back unless we hear it improves.
- Good for pre or post movie diningVinerunnerDined on 10/4/2014Went with a friend to celebrate both our birthdays on a Saturday night. Chairs a bit uncomfortable - hard wood seats. My salad was not impressive only had one tomato and two shaved slices of parmesan and was wilted with dressing and had a dried hard root mixed in which was an indication not cleaned well or checked in the kitchen. Our salmon was delicious with the couscous.Special Features:
- DisappointedRBDiner2014VIPDined on 10/3/2014It was a great place then they allowed people to crowd the back area where people dine. They stood drinking and hanging over us at our table which was not enjoyable. We finally asked to be moved. Sad- we used to love it there.
- Great for all occasionsMsagmanVIPDined on 10/3/2014Many think of Jackson's only as a pre or post movie (Arclight next door) spot....they are soooo wrong...with respect to the "only". Yes, it is great to grab a drink and some appetizers or meal before or after the movie....we usually do the appetizers, as I gotta have my popcorn in the movie. The menu and drinks are great! We often share a variety of dishes. Must trys - Oysters Rockefeller, Filet Mignon Risotto, Miso Black Cod, Seared Pork Belly, Pizza,....ok, I gotta stop...getting hungry just thinking about it...and I just ate lunch!Special Features:
- Girls night out After Yoga ClassjachristieDined on 9/19/2014I had the special Sea Bass and it was prepared beautifully and a generous amount, it was served with Fennel and Quinoa. One friend had the Asparagus side with an egg- great protein injection and very delicious. Another friend, had a pizza, thin crust, rustic generous portion- she was very pleased. And the last entree was the short ribs, generous slab of meat, no sugary sauce, served with parsnip potatoes. We were all please with our meals, the waiter was attentive at the same time never hovered-we did not feel rushed. We went on a Friday night at 8:00pm. It is a great neighborhood gem, casual enough we came after yoga (with a nice cover-up).Special Features:
- Can't go wrongdisappointedDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Nice wine list. Always delicious. We went with family and our good friends at another table with their family. Good taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceDukeVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is one of our favorite places to go to. Consistently excellent food, perfect happy hour selection- a great value no matter what you order on the menu. A favorite is the chili of course. But the filet steak just melts in your mouth as does the salmon.Special Features:
- One of my favorite spotsHeidiDined on 9/1/2014I always love the ambiance on the patio and the delicious food. This last visit was not up to the typical service we've come to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson's is Great!joenetDined on 8/30/2014Great food, good cocktails, great service. My only complaint is the noise level - it can be really loud sometimes when it's crowded. Luckily most people filter out by 9pm so if you take a later table it should be moderately easy to hear people.Special Features:
- Great foodSusieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Love it when figs are in season...great salad with figs. Also had the honey-chipotle glazed chicken breast with spicy black beans and plantains. One of the best dishes of this kind I've ever had!Special Features:
- Great casual diningFashionLALADined on 8/30/2014My fiance and I decided to try this resteraunt to celebrate our engagement after hearing from friends what great food they have. Based on the location, menu and menu prices, I expected the place to be nicer. I understand rustic charm but the table was wobbly and there were only 1/2 booths (with chair on other side of table) and overall very casual. The tables are very very close to each other so there is absolutely no privacy. With that being said, the service was great and the food was amazing. My fiance had the petit filet and it was perfect! I had the chipotle honey chicken breast with plaintains...they were nice enough to let me sub out the beans for polenta cake. It was fantastic and perfect light portion.Special Features:
- Good as always.CharlieDined on 8/27/2014Wednesday lunch special is the grilled cheese sandwich with a tomato soup. Both items are really good. We also had the chili, which we've had many times and it never fails to be meaty and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterVIPDined on 8/20/2014Unusual menu items, all prepared well. Small place, patio seating larger then the dining room. Noisy, like a competition between the bar noise and the music, each trying to outdo the other. Not a place for a quiet relaxed dinner. Flavors were good with the food, though not all items on the plate were hot. Vegi's & Potatoes sit on the plate waiting for the main dish and cool down before being served. The menu items and the preparations do warrant a return visit when in the area and possibly trying the patio area to see if it is quieter. Great corkage and wine program, Wednesdays no corkage fee and wines under $50 half price, this alone makes it worth going back to try again.Special Features:
- Great after LAX!kwarmingDined on 8/18/2014We were looking for a place to get a bite and a drink near LAX airport, and we found a gem! Perfect spot to unwind, decent beer and wine selection, great small and large plates to choose from. We will NOT be sitting in traffic anymore now that we've discovered this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improving!DiningDocsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Jackson's has improved, and we are glad to see it! The service has gotten better but still could be better (it's hard to get servers' attention). The first time we went the food was truly disappointing; but we gave it another shot and overall the quality was better. The preparation is still TOO heavy on SWEET and on BUTTER. Some dishes feel like a dive into a sugar jar (notably the pomegranate dressing) or a butter dish (e..g, pasta tasted dipped in butter). A lighter touch on the sugar and a turn to olive oil over butter would likely help them continue to improve. The ambiance is fantastic and we'd love to be able to go back regularly. Will try again in a couple months and see how it goes.
- Trendy but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Vibrant place; bar was small but full, great feel w mixed woods and stones. Food was good, presentation was missing and wow the price,expensive, it was $100 for me and my date w only one glass of wine each.
- Service OK, food makes up for itTx1234Dined on 8/8/2014Food very good, we couldn't decide what we wanted since it all sounded great, so we went with 6 different apps. Miso cod and risotto were the two standouts, but the Mac and cheese was also delish. One star off for service...never received the straw I asked for twice and my husband had to go find us silverware since our waitress was nowhere to be found and there wasn't any at our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan Beach GemVivSVIPDined on 8/5/2014We went to Jackson's for lunch for the first time. We were so impressed with everything there. The lunch was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMB1677VIPDined on 8/4/2014Food was bland on this visit but service was exceptional...as usual!
- Pleasant experience- Great RisottoItalianSpouseDined on 8/2/2014Jackson's is has steadily improved since their move to the new location a couple years ago. The newness has worn off and the restaurant is not as crowed and noisy. You can actually have a very present meal of great food. The wine list is filled with reasonably priced selections so there is no need to bring your own. Jackson's is really a nice and friendly place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort food, done well.SouthBayAceDined on 7/30/2014Jackson's is a great place for great food, done in a "comfort food" style. Excellent dishes, great service, etc.Special Features:
- Food was really goodDelishVIPDined on 7/30/2014The service however, super slow, interruptive and he didn't listen well. We don't drink wine so, that fact seemed to take the wind right out of our servers sails. From that point on he seemed not very interested in taking care of us. the Black Cod was amazing and so was the Sashimi salad and brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- Amazing food!kishmoDined on 7/25/2014The food was amazing-brussel sprouts and miso cod were so tasty. Hubby had the rib eye, which was pretty huge. Table service was a tad slow, considering the restaurant was only half full, but the wait staff was very friendly and tended to be chatty with the guests, which was pleasant. Hostess was very sweet, and seated us immediately for our reservation even though we were a little early, while she was also moving tables and distributing menus. Parking in valet is convenient and only five dollars with dinner which lets you also shop or go to the movies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014service was just ok. Food was average. I think overpriced for what you get. I know several other places in the south bay to go for much better food and service at the same or better prices. however, this is very convenient if you're going to Arclight to see a movie and have about an hour to eat.
- Good food without good servicepickyVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was pretty good here but the service is very slow and lack a great deal. The server we had seemed like he was not pleased doing his job. I always try to be friendly and polite with my severs but that doesn't always seem to help and it's starting to be more of an issue. I spoke to other friends who went here and they felt the same way.
- nice surprisehonestanddirectVIPDined on 7/23/2014we are at the Marriott quite often for business and always do the staples like M&S or Fleming's. the 1000 point table got us in the door and it was quite enjoyable. good menu, great staff. Small issue with an under-cooked steak, but they remedied it. My only bad review would be of the chocolate mousse dessert. We all agreed it was the worst we have ever had so I would avoid it. Other than that, we will be back.Special Features:
- Filet Mignon RisottoXtinaMcCrazyDined on 7/15/2014Everything else I tasted was good, too. Caesar salad, fries. Those dining with me raved about the macaroni and cheese with bacon. Someone had the Cuban chicken and was very satisfied. Overall, the food was really good.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 7/13/2014Came to celebrate 3 birthdays.. The waiter (red hair) was very helpful and appeared to be knowledgeable about the menu. The food was hot went received. The drinks were flowing and if it was to take longer , the waiter explained the wait. The french fries and the pizza was very good. Even though I requested well done, my meat was close enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 268 reviews are from the Jackson's Food and Drink reviews archive.
- Met my food allergy issuesMamaRVIPDined on 6/24/2014I have severe food allergies (admitted to the hospital 2 weeks ago from swelling in my throat) and explained this to the waiter. Jackson's was VERY accommodating to my needs and very understanding of my situation. I had a great meal that they made specifically to order, meeting my requests and needs. I was very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray144VIPDined on 6/15/2014This is a lovely little restaurant next door to PF Changs and directly opposite the Arclight theatre in El Segundo. While it's not a fancy place décor-wise, the food is very good and there's a nice assortment. I had the pork belly polenta which was excellent and the rib eye steak which was perfectly cooked. The sauces they serve with the fries are also a nice accompaniment. My son had the pepperoni flatbread pizza, which he raved about. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Jackson's is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Jackson's is a small restaurant with pleasing decor. It offers quick, quiet, and relatively upscale food in a convenient location. Parking is easy. It is especially fitting for dinner if you're going to a movie at ArcLight, don't want o madly rush, and will take a little time (45m+) to enjoy a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Short Rib Tacos on TuesdaysRedondoBeachDined on 6/3/2014Tried one taco and because it was so GOOD, I made them my main meal and just had a salad to go along. The beat and goat cheese salad was done well. Very tasty!Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceSKLAVIPDined on 6/2/2014Went for an early dinner on a Monday and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was Happy Hour all night. The chili was EXCELLENT (I wouldn't typically order it but my date wanted it). The waiter had the best suggestions and was very attentive and the kitchen was quick, too.
- Girls night outHappydinerDined on 6/1/2014Celebrated a birthday at Jackson's. First time dining there. Dinner was very good and so was the service. Honey-Pomegranate Salmon with Raisin-Almond Couscous was delicious as well as braised short ribs and bread pudding dessert was awesome. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fathouseDined on 5/31/2014We were excited to try Jackson's but the food was just not up to the price. My steak was over cooked and very tough. The side dishes were just okay.
- Almost lost a friendLive2eatDined on 5/30/2014The filet mignon risotto with truffle oil is to die for. Shared it with a friend and we fought over the last bite. Dreaming of it since Friday. Spinach flatbread was also delicious. Cocktails were perfection in liquid form.Special Features:
- Always great!mojogirlDined on 5/22/2014Fourth time at Jackson's. Have never had a disappointing meal. Also love that they have a "quick menu" at the bar for patrons who are on their way to the ArcLight Theater.Special Features:
- Can't Wait to Go BackwundrlandDined on 5/22/2014In addition to the food being spectacular - the miso cod, the roasted chicken, the tomato and burrata salad, and the butternut squash soup - and the dessert being out of this world - blueberry pie and chocolate pot de creme, the owner himself was great to talk with. He spent a lot of time at our table sharing his history with us, which we really enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.