Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub At The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
1203 N. 10th St.
Milwaukee, WI 53205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub At The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksonsbrp.com/index.php/home
- Phone: 4142767271
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch & Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: James Roca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: All catering by quote. Call and ask for our Director of Special Events & Catering
- Private Party Facilities: Jackson's does closed door events and private dining in conjunction with the Brewhouse Inn & Suites Hotel. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Zierath 4142767271
- Entertainment: We feature local acoustic musicians on weekends. Check our web-site for schedule and details.
A word from Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub At The Brewhouse Inn & Suites
Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub At The Brewhouse Inn & Suites is located in the historic Brewery District. This new pub is located in the former Pabst Brewing Company's Mill House building. 35 foot high tin ceilings, exposed cream city brick and many other historic architectural details makes this one of the most unique and prettiest bars in all of metro Milwaukee - but Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub relies on exceptional customer service, food and drinks to get you coming back. Service and value is at the core of what we do! Whether you are here for our gourmet pub food, a local brew or a classic cocktail we treat you like the VIP you are - our customer!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub At The Brewhouse Inn & Suites reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A bit crowdedFoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Came here after the Komen Race for the Cure - huge Packer crowd already there. Much construction in the area so parking was very limited - seriously I don't know how anyone even found their way into this place. Service was extremely slow as they were backlogged with the amount of people. There were 4 of us - all of our meals came out at different times. I would recommend not coming during a game or they need to get more staff on duty for game day.Special Features:
- does not honor open tableunhappyDined on 9/12/2014This establishment did not honor our open table reservation...you should remove them from your list. we needed to wait 45 minutes for a table
- Avoid going on nights with partiesHonestDined on 7/25/2014The night we went there was at least one large after work function that was followed by an even larger party for a reunion. The consequence was that there was no wait staff for individual diners. I had to get up to ask for our server, and we were seated by the kitchen. We waited a long time for our order to arrive, and when it did, the entre came at the same time as the starters. We ordered featured specials for the evening, and the fish fries were cold and greasy from sitting out so long. To be fair, the larger groups looked like they were having fun, but I did hear people from the reunion going to the bar because they could not find the servers for their event.Special Features:
- The following 27 reviews are from the Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub At The Brewhouse Inn & Suites reviews archive.
- Mother's Day treat50yearsyoungDined on 5/11/2014Had never been before but will definitely go again. Great atmosphere and friendly employees. Food was good too. Anxious to come again and order off the menu as we were there for the Mother's Day Brunch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food. Service fair to poor.BrewcrewAmy12VIPDined on 5/9/2014We came here cause I heard the cheese curds were great. The atmosphere was great. The cheese curds were very very salty. Hard to eat. The pizza was just ok pizza. As far as the sandwiches, amazing! Huge portions! The speciality cocktails were really good! Service was good at start, but we had to ask for our server to come back after like 30 min for another drink and she came back with the check! So we just paid and left.Special Features:
- First time to Jackson'sAmj1Dined on 5/9/2014We had a gift card for Jackson's but I'm sure we would have tried it at some point either way! Good food, service and loved the ambiance of the downtown location - lots of history. Their outdoor area looked great so we'll return another time to enjoy that. We went on a Friday night and parking was scarce - the only downfall.Special Features:
- Good FoodARB1968VIPDined on 3/14/2014There were five of us that dined, our favorite things we ordered were the fish fry beer battered shrimp, cheese curds, and the chili. The portions are large, and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Cheese Curds worth the waitPabstObsessedDined on 3/7/2014We had made reservations and were actually running a few minutes behind, but had called and let the restaurant know. they still had our table waiting - which was awesome!! there was some confusion between the staff and we ended up waiting a long time before anyone came over for our drink order. we weren't upset about waiting, but the manager paid for a round of drinks to make up for the mishap and was extremely apologetic even though we kept telling them it was alright - mistakes happen. the food was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC. the cheese curds alone were worth the wait. so melty and delicious. I had the Pizza Burger which was very delicious. My boyfriend had a b.y.o.burger and really enjoyed it. we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumMinaDined on 3/4/2014Best cheese curds ever! Great food with good prices. Nice place but still very casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day NightSooner4040Dined on 2/14/2014Connected to the Brews Inn and Suites, where we had a hotel for the night. Not all that romantic but if you drink (we don't) you would love this place. The food was good (the clam chowder was awesome) though not great (entrees) and the selection was so so. Would recommend trying for people visiting Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pub FoodjokamDined on 2/9/2014I had the blackened sword fish which was very good. My husband had the steak sandwich which was also very good but it came with a peppercorn sauce that was a little thin. Server did his job but could have been a little more friendly. We were there on a Sunday so it wasn't noisy but could possibly be on a Saturday because there were very tall ceilings. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JasonTDined on 2/6/2014Great food. Great taste. Large portions. Wonderful atmosphere. Overall great experience. We will be back to try other items on the menu! I forgot to mention great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just pub food. NothingDaveDined on 1/31/2014Food is just pub food. Nothing spectacular. Ambience is loud and energetic. Not your place off you're looking for conversion during your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday FunLizzyDined on 1/24/2014This place is close to the BMO center where sports events usually are going on so it can be crowded. Big screen TVs for watching these events. It was VERY NOISY the night we went, but we had a good time. I think the extremely high ceilings in this old converted building are the cause for the noise level to be so high. We made a reservation, which I would strongly suggest on a busy weekend night. The Nachos for two as an appetizer was HUGE. A ton of lettuce, maybe a little too much, could've used more chips and cheese - but tasty. The cheese curds are awesome, filling! And a nice mug of beer - mm good. This was our 2nd time here and both times were fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereFredVIPDined on 12/27/2013We continue to return for the Friday fish fry. My wife loves it. I enjoy the selection of beers. The bar area has a fun casual vibe with plenty of large screen televisions.Special Features:
- Great findJimZDined on 12/27/2013We had a great experience, our waitress was outstanding even offered to take a family picture for us, that is going over and above what is expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The renovation of the oldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013The renovation of the old Pabst brew house is absolutely amazing and Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub compliments this renovation perfectly. We went for lunch and found the ambiance very fun and inviting. Our server was delightfully friendly, very helpful and perfectly attentive. The food is excellent pub food and yes the cheese curds are the best I have had. My mother and Aunt, who was with us, had grown up in the area and their parents had operated a German restaurant, the Forst Keller, just a block away in the old Methodist Church. Our server informed owner Mark Zierath who had a great conversation with us about the history of the area. His genuine interest in hearing the history made an already enjoyable experience absolutely marvelous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatTomWDined on 12/6/2013My wife and I ate before theater and restaurant was half full so we were seated immediately. Quick service by waitress for drinks and dinner order. She also cleaned off table due to some sticky residue without asking. My wife's wrap was large and she took half home. I had the perch fry. Nice and crispy but cooked too long and was on tough side. Salad was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time.EaterDined on 11/22/2013Last Friday was my first time to Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub. I went with one friend, and we both had the fish fry. She chose the salad as a side, and I chose the potato pancakes with applesauce ($1 extra). All was very good. I think the cole slaw was a little skimpy, but the two pieces of fish plus rye bread, etc., were a good size. The waiter was very nice, although clueless about the food and drinks as he was brand new. I do want to go back so I can try some other food. The ambience was fun and the place was full. I also recommend taking a peek next door at the hotel. It's very cool with keeping the original brass drums. Each room is a suite with a kitchen. Upstairs has retro couches and a beautiful, original winding staircase.Special Features:
- downtown spothate2cookVIPDined on 11/16/2013Great before or after the game spot. better than your average bar foodSpecial Features:
- Another Terrific LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2013Our niece and nephew were in town from Idaho, and we wanted to take them to a cool place to show off Milwaukee. I have been to the Blue Ribbon Pub a couple of times before, and have never been disappointed. We had the jalapeno poppers, and they were fantastic! So was the flank steak sandwich, the French Onion soup, and the build your own burger. Great beer list as well. If you're looking for a sure hit, this is the place to go. Good size portions, so come hungry!Special Features:
- Bar FoodhippomkeDined on 10/5/2013Wide variety of bar food. Grade A burgers, delicious appetizers. Fresh PBRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop Interrupting!1nthebizDined on 9/29/2013Our server, I'm guessing as trained to do, repeatedly interrupted us to ask unnecessary questions. Within 2-3 minutes of being seated, when only 2 of our group 4 had arrived, asked if we would like to place our order before the other guests arrived. Asked how our cocktails were. While eating asked 3 times how the food was. Brought leftover boxes to 2 guests while other 2 guests were still eating. Then brought bill WITHOUT asking if we wanted coffee or dessert. We felt rushed in a very empty restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Place for Wisconsin BrewsbourbontrzDined on 8/21/2013Very good selection of local beers and bar food to match. The historic Pabst buildings provide great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad work in progress but worthyRebelDined on 8/17/2013Bar food done well. Good portions. Service a bit slow mostly on drinks due to bar being so far from outside patio. Hostess was tattooed and pierced and that creates an immediate negative impression on the place. Leaves one wondering where they are. There is a place for that but not with the customers first impression. Will return, food quality and portions very good and location is up and coming. I expect this will be a hot spot for some time. Would return.Special Features:
- great new restaurant in MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2013great food , reasonable prices, wonderful outdoor patio, fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great dinnereagl3sVIPDined on 7/29/2013We brought 2 new guests with us and they were very impressed with both the food and the ambiance. I'm sure they will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Old Building/Good Pub FareDaveandAveDined on 7/21/2013We took our grown kids and granddaughter to Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub after church last Sunday. The Bloody Mary bar was fabulous, boasting everything from cheese curds to slim jims to shrimp. We ordered 3 appetizers, the Jalapeno Poppers, Fried Green Beans, and Cheese Curds, all wonderful with great dipping sauces. Our entrees included Eggs Benedict from the brunch menu and four different sandwiches, served with a choice of sides and very tasty coleslaw. All sandwiches were huge, and several of us took home enough for Monday's lunch. Our server was mellow and helpful, and knew the menu well, helping us make wise choices. The building is a slice of Milwaukee brewing history, very cool! We will return soon and often!Special Features:
- Fun Night at Jackson's BRPMilwaukeeMarquetteDined on 7/19/2013Our party of four had a wonderful meal and fun two-plus hours at Jackson's BRP, tucked away in the new Brewery development at the former Pabst Brewing site (10th and Juneau) in downtown Milwaukee. The expansive outdoor patio and a live music helped to create a vibrant yet comfortable vibe. The Friday evening fish fries were well-prepared and moderately prices ($14 for a six-piece lightly fried perch dinner with the extras, at the high end). Service was prompt, attentive and unobtrusive. The indoor dining area also seemed well designed; with high-top tables and a few well-placed large-screen TVs. It had a higher-end sports bar feel without an overload of TVs dominating the space. Exposed cream city brick gave it all a historic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotDANMCDined on 5/31/2013We were there on Friday 6.01. It was a little cold outside so the music had to be moved inside which made it a little too loud. I can not wait to go back and listen to music on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.