Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
601 S Harbour Island Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jacksonsbistro.com/
- Phone: (813) 277-0112
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Keith Williamson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday Night Happy Hour- Live Entertainment
Saturday Night – Tampa’s Biggest House Party
Jackson’s sexiest night brings a South Beach vibe to Tampa. The music is provided by local and guest DJ’s who mix up the hottest and most current trends. Jackson’s sleek and swanky style is the perfect place to get your house music fix. VIP tables and cabanas are available nightly.
Saturday Latin Nights are sure to get you dancing! The music starts at 10pm and plays inside the Backjack's Lounge and outside on the Terrace.
- Special Events: PRIVATE DINING
Whether you’re organizing a business lunch presentation, rehearsal dinner or a memorable event, let Jackson’s do everything to create an unforgettable experience for every one of your guests. We combine the perfect venue with our attention to detail and offer a waterfront location with spectacular views- making Jackson's the ideal destination for all your event needs.
- Cross Street: Franklin/Channelside
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the garage below the restaurant and we can validate for the first two hours. Each additional 1/2 hour is $1 or maximum of $6 with the ticket validation. (Parking garage is owned by a separate company.)
A word from Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
Jackson’s Bistro Bar & Sushi opened on Harbour Island in 1997 and has been witness to a rapidly changing downtown Tampa. Because it is locally owned and independently managed, Jackson’s can keep up with the demands of an ever evolving Tampa and deliver the upscale experience and tremendous value that our Guests demand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)great for outdoor dining (76)good for groups (48)special occasion (44)romantic (35)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (21)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Service and location great. The food was poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Jack sons has such great possibility. The staff was good and the location perfect. Unfortunately, the food was anything but remarkable. The fish tasted far from fresh. Come on Jacksons! You can do better than that.Special Features:
- Another great evening!LambiePieVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a lovely, earliy dinner before a show at the Straz. The appetizers were great, especially the crab ravioli and molten aged provolone. My snapper and scallop entree was excellent and my BF enjoyed his crab and grouper entree. The wine list is short, but still has some good selections. We were too full for dessert, but hopefully next time. Excellent service as well. I almost forgot to mention - the waterfront view is really lovely, especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place - So so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014I made a reservation with a window view, thinking it would show the water. Only problem between water and window is the outside dining area, so our view include a group table. Ordered calamari and the sauce was a lime Thai, which I didn't really enjoy and the calamari tasted quite rubbery and old. The Lobster Bisque was quite good. We ordered a cappuccino and it came cold, the waitress had to find a hot pot of coffee to heat it up. The shrimp and scallops with sauteed spinach and fresh tomato scampi sauce was quite watery and didn't have that much tomato. The chicken was good. The crème brulee was the best thing served. Our waitress was very good and kept coming to the table to check on us.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerKevinDined on 11/9/2014Great atmosphere out server Zoltan was attentive & full of suggestions. Highly recommend going here you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson's with friendsLuv2EatOutDined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation and arrived on time, but we were told to go to the bar and wait. The food was absolutely delicious!!! Three people at the table had scallops and they were a hit. I must also add the lobster risotto was fabulous! The Faust wine was yummy too! Our server needed a bit of training on pouring the wine. I would say the meals and wine were a tiny bit over-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect DateBekcabooDined on 11/8/2014I made reservations, it was close to the Straz. We arrive a little too early, they sat us right way and got our drink order before the kitchen opened. We ordered sushi and it was all amazing. The wine menu was great, including flights of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for friendsLuvditsoDined on 11/2/2014Recently I revisited a spot I had not been to in many years, Jackson's. Years ago the service was great and the food was wonderful and for the life if me I can't remember why I had not been in so long. The service was impeccable the food was outstanding and this time I brought 7 friends who made the brunch so memorable! We enjoyed so much more than the great scenic views if Tampa... Jackson's let us enjoy each other! I will me back soon!!! Thank you Jackson's !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceBeachlover11Dined on 11/2/2014We've had brunch at Jackson's several times and have never been disappointed. The selection of food is outstanding, catering to all different types of tastes and dietary restrictions. The outdoor seating is beautiful during most months of the year. It's a great place to hold special occasion celebrations. I highly recommend Jackson's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the Water is Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/31/2014Indoor bar, outdoor bar, indoor seating, outdoor seating - on the water. Even before you get to sample the sushi, which was fresh and done well, you are put in a great mood by the location and staff. We just stepped off the airplane and I wanted a waterfront location. Open Table reviewers were telling the truth about Jackson's. Wish I lived closer so I could make it a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaoticNeverAgainDined on 10/19/2014My dining experience was chaotic and disappointing, at best. It was decided by the restaurant that, in order to accept more reservations, the entire buffet area was relocated to the exterior of the restaurant. This resulted in a crowded, disorganized and chaotic environment with long lines and a cafeteria feel. Also, another consequence of relocating the food options was that the complete brunch menu was not offered. It was disappointing to know that the restaurant chose the quick dollar over customer service and consistency.
- Very NiceJacksonsDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed a great night out starting with our service....excellent! Food was perfect and ambiance was very classy. Will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Night OutPantherDined on 10/18/2014The service, food and night view was 110 % out of 100%. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantlisaluvsfoodDined on 10/17/2014Awesome dinning experience for a party of six business dinner. Amazing ambiance with outdoor dining on the bay. Food was tastey, fairly priced, and appropriate portions. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of the bayDeeBeeDined on 10/12/2014Great place to bring friends when they are in town to show off Tampa.Special Features:
- A good timehappywithitDined on 10/12/2014Happy with most aspects except my request for a romantic spot outside....our table was outside but not close to the water, instead it was next to a main walkthru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchivangDined on 10/5/2014Whenever we are near Tampa on a Sunday we try to visit Jackson's - they have a good Brunch buffet with lots of choice to suit most diets. This year it was a lot busier and I guess others now appreciate the value. Well worth a visit, but book a table if you want to eat after about 11.30 am.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Pros: Outdoor patio seating Best value brunch in the area Good assortment of breakfast and lunch items Cons: Service disappointing. Waitstaff came across as unfriendly. Slow to refill drinks. Dropped check prematurely. Path to get to buffet area from outside patio was congested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegolferproDined on 10/4/2014Will make this a favorite .....enjoyed the first time experience....Special Features:
- Great Evening at Jackson'sTravelingITGuyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We ate outdoors and couldn't have had a more delightful time. The setting was beautiful, the wait staff was attentive but not over-bearing and the food was delicious. We topped off an enjoyable evening with a few tasty desserts from their great selection. We'll be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Superb! I cannot think of one thing I would suggest to change. Excellent service, great food, beautifully view and enjoyable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGr8timeDined on 10/1/2014First time going to Jackson's was lunch, then went back for dinner the next night. Both experiences were outstanding, food wise as well as service.Special Features:
- Evening in TampaNewYorkerDined on 9/29/2014Very poorly run from hostess to server. Sat outside next to a giant blow dryer despite the fact that there were a few tables with a lovely view they refused to use all nite. 2 hostesses very confused. Waiter, terrible. Hour and a half to get dinner and not that busy..took 2 requests just to get napkins. Fish dishes were okay but severely overcooked. Waiter keep apologizing for everything but never changed.
- Great brunch!!JTowersDined on 9/28/2014I've gone twice in one month. The food is great! The selection is abundant and the views of Tampa are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceVickieDined on 9/28/2014I made reservations and they were immediately confirmed. There was no waiting for a phone call or wondering if there was availability to seat us at the date and time that I had selected. I received a confirmation email the day before. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess confirmed my reservation and they were ready to seat us immediately. The food, service and ambiance was perfect for our Sunday Brunch. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Date nightKIMBODined on 9/27/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the romantic atmosphere. The host staff and bar service was friendy. The wait staff was cold and rude. My grouper was over cooked and the steak we ordered was undercooked. I would go back for drinks- but skip the meal.Special Features:
- Love the ambianceVinoluvDined on 9/26/2014Outdoor seating and view is beautiful. Right on the water. The wine list is impressive and reasonably priced. For a celebration this is a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- js1228Dined on 9/17/2014our waiter clearly was given too many tables and we waited a bit longer than i would like to place our drink order, only to find out that they "don't always carry" the bottle of wine that we wanted. did not offer us something similar just asked what our "back up" would be. other than that i thought the service was good, waiter was very nice and helpful. the food was okay, i left feeling full but nothing i would write home about. will not be returning for dinner but maybe for a bar night.Special Features:
- World travelerwineisgoodDined on 9/16/2014Jackson's Bistro on Tampa Bay is a good place to dine, especially on the water. However, it is not exceptional, but perhaps some day it will be. The food and the service was slightly above average. The wine list was very good. Our party was four persons, and the table was small for our size group.Special Features:
- Good food!AnastasiaDined on 9/13/2014Lobster mac and cheese just amazing! Overall food is great and view is nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Down Town RestauranthosebDined on 9/13/2014Great view of downtown tampa bay, food was delicious, waiter was helpful with wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLambiePieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We arrived before our reservation and were seated right away. Service was attentive and not too chatty. There was a decent selection of wines by the glass, and our meals were delicious. We especially liked the crab ravioli and the molten cheese appetizers. We had the chocolate cake for dessert, with a scoop of gelato, and the cake was so big we had some to take home. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson's - IncredibleJacksonsthebestDined on 8/31/2014We visit Jackson's several times a year and are always pleased with our experience. Great wait staff, incredible food and the ambiance is worth pictures. In Tampa - Jackson's - Harbor Island is the place to go!!Special Features:
- OksanaDined on 8/30/2014We loved it for the atmosphere and service. We had sushi, but they also have a nice variety of other dishes. Great wine and cocktail selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Brunch Ever!MargoDined on 8/24/2014This is my favorite brunch spot. I have been to several restaurant all over this country. Jackson's brunch is the best!Special Features:
- losing its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014maybe the pending sale has spooked some but our server was picked off the streets of tampa and showed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBarrieDined on 8/23/2014We were greeted and seated right away outdoors under a large canopy. View of the water was so nice. Our waitress was very helpful with food suggestions. Had a great experience. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!sinkholeexpertDined on 8/17/2014You will not find a better brunch anywhere. Amazing. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchRicanDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at Jackson's. We had a reservation and were promptly seated even though the restaurant was crowded. The group of 4 all had the brunch. There were no lines in omlete bar or pasta bar. The food was good but not great. We sat outside and the views were amazing. We will go again.Special Features:
- Good date night spotTpafoodVIPDined on 8/15/2014As long as the weather is nice, dining outside at Jackson's is really beautiful! Gorgeous view and great food! We had the pesto chicken penne and tuna tartar and both were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but just ok foodLuvEatingOutDined on 8/15/2014I was really disappointed with the food. It is a gorgeous restaurant with a great view...but the food was bland. I will not be going back.Special Features: