Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
601 S Harbour Island Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jacksonsbistro.com/
- Phone: 8132770112x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Keith Williamson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday Night Happy Hour- Live Entertainment
Saturday Night – Tampa’s Biggest House Party
Jackson’s sexiest night brings a South Beach vibe to Tampa. The music is provided by local and guest DJ’s who mix up the hottest and most current trends. Jackson’s sleek and swanky style is the perfect place to get your house music fix. VIP tables and cabanas are available nightly.
Saturday Latin Nights are sure to get you dancing! The music starts at 10pm and plays inside the Backjack's Lounge and outside on the Terrace.
- Special Events: PRIVATE DINING
Whether you’re organizing a business lunch presentation, rehearsal dinner or a memorable event, let Jackson’s do everything to create an unforgettable experience for every one of your guests. We combine the perfect venue with our attention to detail and offer a waterfront location with spectacular views- making Jackson's the ideal destination for all your event needs.
- Cross Street: Franklin/Channelside
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the garage below the restaurant and we can validate for the first two hours. Each additional 1/2 hour is $1 or maximum of $6 with the ticket validation. (Parking garage is owned by a separate company.)
A word from Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
Jackson’s Bistro Bar & Sushi opened on Harbour Island in 1997 and has been witness to a rapidly changing downtown Tampa. Because it is locally owned and independently managed, Jackson’s can keep up with the demands of an ever evolving Tampa and deliver the upscale experience and tremendous value that our Guests demand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (93)scenic view (88)good for groups (49)special occasion (46)romantic (43)great for brunch (38)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (18)notable wine list (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014our waiter clearly was given too many tables and we waited a bit longer than i would like to place our drink order, only to find out that they "don't always carry" the bottle of wine that we wanted. did not offer us something similar just asked what our "back up" would be. other than that i thought the service was good, waiter was very nice and helpful. the food was okay, i left feeling full but nothing i would write home about. will not be returning for dinner but maybe for a bar night.Special Features:
- World travelerwineisgoodDined on 9/16/2014Jackson's Bistro on Tampa Bay is a good place to dine, especially on the water. However, it is not exceptional, but perhaps some day it will be. The food and the service was slightly above average. The wine list was very good. Our party was four persons, and the table was small for our size group.Special Features:
- Good food!AnastasiaDined on 9/13/2014Lobster mac and cheese just amazing! Overall food is great and view is nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLambiePieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We arrived before our reservation and were seated right away. Service was attentive and not too chatty. There was a decent selection of wines by the glass, and our meals were delicious. We especially liked the crab ravioli and the molten cheese appetizers. We had the chocolate cake for dessert, with a scoop of gelato, and the cake was so big we had some to take home. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson's - IncredibleJacksonsthebestDined on 8/31/2014We visit Jackson's several times a year and are always pleased with our experience. Great wait staff, incredible food and the ambiance is worth pictures. In Tampa - Jackson's - Harbor Island is the place to go!!Special Features:
- OksanaDined on 8/30/2014We loved it for the atmosphere and service. We had sushi, but they also have a nice variety of other dishes. Great wine and cocktail selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Brunch Ever!MargoDined on 8/24/2014This is my favorite brunch spot. I have been to several restaurant all over this country. Jackson's brunch is the best!Special Features:
- losing its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014maybe the pending sale has spooked some but our server was picked off the streets of tampa and showed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBarrieDined on 8/23/2014We were greeted and seated right away outdoors under a large canopy. View of the water was so nice. Our waitress was very helpful with food suggestions. Had a great experience. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!sinkholeexpertDined on 8/17/2014You will not find a better brunch anywhere. Amazing. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchRicanDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at Jackson's. We had a reservation and were promptly seated even though the restaurant was crowded. The group of 4 all had the brunch. There were no lines in omlete bar or pasta bar. The food was good but not great. We sat outside and the views were amazing. We will go again.Special Features:
- Good date night spotTpafoodDined on 8/15/2014As long as the weather is nice, dining outside at Jackson's is really beautiful! Gorgeous view and great food! We had the pesto chicken penne and tuna tartar and both were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but just ok foodLuvEatingOutDined on 8/15/2014I was really disappointed with the food. It is a gorgeous restaurant with a great view...but the food was bland. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Good spotIwasjustokDined on 8/9/2014My daughters and I really enjoyed having some sushi for an appetizer, their first experience, and our overall dining experience was enjoyable. Our server was attentive without being overbearing; our entrees were well prepared and nicely proportioned. Overlooking the water during dinner was a nice bonus. I will definitely return the next time I am in town!Special Features:
- The Best Date SpotCasperDined on 8/8/2014Made reservations here for a date on a whim just to check it out and eat downtown (at a convention all weekend). Sat outside with an amazing view to look at as the sun set right in front of us, the food was so spectacular, our server was attentive and very friendly, and the overall atmosphere made it a great experience. The underground parking was an added bonus and convenience. We will definitely return and I would recommend for anything from date night to family dinner. Amazing experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!ClassyfoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014Jackson's has great sushi! The seafood is consistently delish and the dining is complimented by great service and a stunning view! Jackson's is a must do in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was phenomenal!!JacksonsDined on 8/4/2014Food was average. My scallop dinner was very salty and scallops were just barely cooked. Two of us that ate this dish weren't feeling well later in the evening. I advised the waitress the food was salty. Appetizers were good. I enjoy this place mostly for the outdoor atmosphere and experience.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is AMAZING!VinceVIPDined on 7/27/2014SO much selections on the Sunday Brunch for a great price. Sit outside and you have a view of Tampa Bay directly in front of you!Special Features:
- FloridaDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food. Professional service. Beautiful view of Hillsborough Bay.Special Features:
- Great view!CMFG33629Dined on 7/23/2014Our group of three arrived early in the evening to celebrate an 84th birthday. The hostess found us a beautiful view after we turned down two others. Our server was knowledgeable and very pleasant. The birthday boy is an avid snapper fan and felt it was prepared impeccably. The parking is not convenient for dealing with limited endurance. Had we known the situation, we would have dropped him off in the front and then parked. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWaynevilleDined on 7/19/2014I found Jackson's to be a great place that's priced well for dinner. At first we thought we were over dressed, but around 730 the well dressed crowd started showing up :-). When we got there, we saw almost everyone in summer beach attire. Absolute nothing is wrong with summer treads so I am not at all knocking anyone. With that said, we plan to visit for Sunday brunch soon in relaxing summer attire. I will definately recommend Jackson's for your romantic night or anything else. Love this place !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EarlVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very nice. Great ambience and great view over looking Tampa bay. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Tampa in JULYSBfoodie71VIPDined on 7/17/2014Large venue, indoors or out. Food was surprisingly good--seemed odd to have sushi on a large menu--but friend had two rolls and said they were fine.Special Features:
- Fab Dining ExperienceiluvjacksonsDined on 7/16/2014The calamari and tempura lobster roll were wonderful. The grouper fresh and cooked to perfection. The crème brulee' the perfect dessert. Henry is the most attentive waiter, gave us excellent wine choices and made our dining experience extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehls55VIPDined on 7/14/2014I dont recommend the sushi. I got the spicy tuna which was fine but nothing special. My other roll was tuna but wrapped/topped with salmon. The salmon was quite chewy and I really couldnt finish it. Dont get the sushi.Special Features:
- The brunch was excellentWonderful1Dined on 7/13/2014I would recommend the food on Sunday. We had a wonderful time as a couples group of three. The setting was prefect. We set outside under the bestow and enjoyed ourselves. It was a great day in Tampa Bay for friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Execellent!!rmoore47Dined on 7/13/2014Overall an Excellent resturant!! My family of 5, just moved to Tampa and was looking for a Sunday Brunch buffet. Jackson exceed all requirement with their variety of food and kid friendly atmosphere - a plus having a 7, 4, and 3 year old. I highly recommend it. Bring your eating stomachs. There is plenty of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Requested quiet table for business lunch. Staff was most accomodating! Food was excellent.Special Features:
- A Must Do BrunchMargoDined on 7/6/2014Awesome brunch! The best I've been to in this part of the country. Absolutely something for every taste.Special Features:
- Try it You'll Like itZeekerDined on 7/6/2014Anytime we want a nice variety of food, well prepared with nice views and good service we, think of Jackson's Bistro for Brunch. Food was pretty much well prepared. The service staff was attentive and was there anytime we needed something like more coffee or clearing plates. They had a nice omelette bar but the only negative is they did not have fresh eggs for another choice, which was a bit unusual.Special Features:
- Great Harbor Island RestaurantTeddyPDined on 7/4/2014Made a last minute reservation on July 4th. Great food & Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4th - up in smokeEmbrassingDined on 7/4/2014From the moment my party arrived and was "greeted" by the hostess to the end of meal waiting to finally leave this place it was a horrible experience. Arriving at Jackson's early for a reservation at 8:15 to find the place in complete havoc, the hostess all 3 of them looked lost and confused, one even had flip flops on which just screamed "unprofessional". Due to my reservation name being under a my father's I was called he and sir just for reference I am a woman but I suppose that was confusing. The server was awful, completely overwhelmed with tables, unknowledgeable about the food and drinks. Food was burnt and small. I was completely embrassed that my father had to pay for such a meal.
- Almost perfectPaulKaramDined on 7/4/2014The only negative was parking. The parking attendant did not accept our validated ticket for our 4th of July dinner stating they don't accept validations on special occasions. Otherwise it was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flafishermanDined on 7/4/2014A very pleasant evening, we will definitely return.. A good time was had!Special Features:
- reserved42Dined on 7/4/2014The evening was a birthday celebration a well as the 4th of July. The place was packed due to a gymnastic conference and the holiday. They seemed prepared. All staff was polite. Food was excellent, especially the crab sushi. Dinner portion was a bit small for the price but very nicely prepared. Bistro was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed! We were charged $10.00 to park on the way out, contrary to being told that it was free for under 2 hours, when we parked. That ended things on a bit of an annoying note. Otherwise a great evening meal and fun.Special Features:
- Bad service, too many kidsAvidDinerDined on 7/4/2014I brought a friend from out of town there and we both thought it was really average. The restaurant decor is nice and a little more upscale, but there were so many kids running around. The service was very average. We had to ask for everything, water, bread, more water, our drinks that we had ordered, dessert menu. The bread knots were hard. I had the chicken Marsala which wasn't very good. However, on the positive side, my friend had the sushi and said that was very good.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2014We went for an early dinner on the 4th and stayed a while but left in time to see the fireworks just across the channel. The food and drinks were all served timely and were very tasty. Don't skip the dessert as the key lime pie was some of the best I have ever tasted. Inside dining is an option but I always enjoy outside patio dining when available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but sketchy experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014First off came here Thursday which was a calm night there I'm assuming which was great. However my wife and i for some reason were stick in the corner with horrible view and over booked section because easier had no time for us. Bigger party must have been priority. Had to ask twice for drink menu. However when drink arrived, it was great. Lobster tempura roll amazing. Wife had steak which was great but ravioli came out cold due to waiting on steak to be finished I'm guessing. Overall experience was lacking so hard to decide of food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemama73Dined on 7/1/2014Jackson's has friendly service and solid food. Had a great experience. The views on the water are beautiful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hank you for a great anniversary!DinnerDined on 6/29/2014We were there for our 23rd wedding anniversary. Sunday night, so it was a little quiet, nice to sit out by the water. Food came out of the kitchen a little to quickly, probably due to the quiet Sun. night, my husband got his bisque only minutes after our calamari came out. My filet was cooked perfectly, my husband enjoyed his scallops. The lobster risottos he was not a huge fan of,I think that was more risotto in general. My only wish was that you offered a smaller cut steak- 4 or 6 oz filet would have been nice, although my husband did enjoy finishing it off! Our waiter was wonderful, was helpful with wine and dinner choices. Dinner was quick so we sat after paying to enjoy the sunset, and he kept us supplied with fresh ice water. TSpecial Features: