Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
601 S Harbour Island Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://jacksonsbistro.com/
- Phone: 8132770112x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Keith Williamson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday Night Happy Hour- Live Entertainment
Saturday Night – Tampa’s Biggest House Party
Jackson’s sexiest night brings a South Beach vibe to Tampa. The music is provided by local and guest DJ’s who mix up the hottest and most current trends. Jackson’s sleek and swanky style is the perfect place to get your house music fix. VIP tables and cabanas are available nightly.
Saturday Latin Nights are sure to get you dancing! The music starts at 10pm and plays inside the Backjack's Lounge and outside on the Terrace.
- Special Events: PRIVATE DINING
Whether you’re organizing a business lunch presentation, rehearsal dinner or a memorable event, let Jackson’s do everything to create an unforgettable experience for every one of your guests. We combine the perfect venue with our attention to detail and offer a waterfront location with spectacular views- making Jackson's the ideal destination for all your event needs.
- Cross Street: Franklin/Channelside
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the garage below the restaurant and we can validate for the first two hours. Each additional 1/2 hour is $1 or maximum of $6 with the ticket validation. (Parking garage is owned by a separate company.)
A word from Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
Jackson’s Bistro Bar & Sushi opened on Harbour Island in 1997 and has been witness to a rapidly changing downtown Tampa. Because it is locally owned and independently managed, Jackson’s can keep up with the demands of an ever evolving Tampa and deliver the upscale experience and tremendous value that our Guests demand.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)great for outdoor dining (86)special occasion (50)good for groups (49)romantic (42)great for brunch (33)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (9)Show More
- ChaoticNeverAgainDined on 10/19/2014My dining experience was chaotic and disappointing, at best. It was decided by the restaurant that, in order to accept more reservations, the entire buffet area was relocated to the exterior of the restaurant. This resulted in a crowded, disorganized and chaotic environment with long lines and a cafeteria feel. Also, another consequence of relocating the food options was that the complete brunch menu was not offered. It was disappointing to know that the restaurant chose the quick dollar over customer service and consistency.
- Very NiceJacksonsDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed a great night out starting with our service....excellent! Food was perfect and ambiance was very classy. Will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Night OutPantherDined on 10/18/2014The service, food and night view was 110 % out of 100%. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantlisaluvsfoodDined on 10/17/2014Awesome dinning experience for a party of six business dinner. Amazing ambiance with outdoor dining on the bay. Food was tastey, fairly priced, and appropriate portions. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view of the bayDeeBeeDined on 10/12/2014Great place to bring friends when they are in town to show off Tampa.Special Features:
- A good timehappywithitDined on 10/12/2014Happy with most aspects except my request for a romantic spot outside....our table was outside but not close to the water, instead it was next to a main walkthru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchivangDined on 10/5/2014Whenever we are near Tampa on a Sunday we try to visit Jackson's - they have a good Brunch buffet with lots of choice to suit most diets. This year it was a lot busier and I guess others now appreciate the value. Well worth a visit, but book a table if you want to eat after about 11.30 am.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Pros: Outdoor patio seating Best value brunch in the area Good assortment of breakfast and lunch items Cons: Service disappointing. Waitstaff came across as unfriendly. Slow to refill drinks. Dropped check prematurely. Path to get to buffet area from outside patio was congested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegolferproDined on 10/4/2014Will make this a favorite .....enjoyed the first time experience....Special Features:
- Great Evening at Jackson'sTravelingITGuyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We ate outdoors and couldn't have had a more delightful time. The setting was beautiful, the wait staff was attentive but not over-bearing and the food was delicious. We topped off an enjoyable evening with a few tasty desserts from their great selection. We'll be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Superb! I cannot think of one thing I would suggest to change. Excellent service, great food, beautifully view and enjoyable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceGr8timeDined on 10/1/2014First time going to Jackson's was lunch, then went back for dinner the next night. Both experiences were outstanding, food wise as well as service.Special Features:
- Evening in TampaNewYorkerDined on 9/29/2014Very poorly run from hostess to server. Sat outside next to a giant blow dryer despite the fact that there were a few tables with a lovely view they refused to use all nite. 2 hostesses very confused. Waiter, terrible. Hour and a half to get dinner and not that busy..took 2 requests just to get napkins. Fish dishes were okay but severely overcooked. Waiter keep apologizing for everything but never changed.
- Great brunch!!JTowersDined on 9/28/2014I've gone twice in one month. The food is great! The selection is abundant and the views of Tampa are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceVickieDined on 9/28/2014I made reservations and they were immediately confirmed. There was no waiting for a phone call or wondering if there was availability to seat us at the date and time that I had selected. I received a confirmation email the day before. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess confirmed my reservation and they were ready to seat us immediately. The food, service and ambiance was perfect for our Sunday Brunch. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Date nightKIMBODined on 9/27/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the romantic atmosphere. The host staff and bar service was friendy. The wait staff was cold and rude. My grouper was over cooked and the steak we ordered was undercooked. I would go back for drinks- but skip the meal.Special Features:
- Love the ambianceVinoluvDined on 9/26/2014Outdoor seating and view is beautiful. Right on the water. The wine list is impressive and reasonably priced. For a celebration this is a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- js1228Dined on 9/17/2014our waiter clearly was given too many tables and we waited a bit longer than i would like to place our drink order, only to find out that they "don't always carry" the bottle of wine that we wanted. did not offer us something similar just asked what our "back up" would be. other than that i thought the service was good, waiter was very nice and helpful. the food was okay, i left feeling full but nothing i would write home about. will not be returning for dinner but maybe for a bar night.Special Features:
- World travelerwineisgoodDined on 9/16/2014Jackson's Bistro on Tampa Bay is a good place to dine, especially on the water. However, it is not exceptional, but perhaps some day it will be. The food and the service was slightly above average. The wine list was very good. Our party was four persons, and the table was small for our size group.Special Features:
- Good food!AnastasiaDined on 9/13/2014Lobster mac and cheese just amazing! Overall food is great and view is nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Down Town RestauranthosebDined on 9/13/2014Great view of downtown tampa bay, food was delicious, waiter was helpful with wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLambiePieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We arrived before our reservation and were seated right away. Service was attentive and not too chatty. There was a decent selection of wines by the glass, and our meals were delicious. We especially liked the crab ravioli and the molten cheese appetizers. We had the chocolate cake for dessert, with a scoop of gelato, and the cake was so big we had some to take home. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson's - IncredibleJacksonsthebestDined on 8/31/2014We visit Jackson's several times a year and are always pleased with our experience. Great wait staff, incredible food and the ambiance is worth pictures. In Tampa - Jackson's - Harbor Island is the place to go!!Special Features:
- OksanaDined on 8/30/2014We loved it for the atmosphere and service. We had sushi, but they also have a nice variety of other dishes. Great wine and cocktail selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Brunch Ever!MargoDined on 8/24/2014This is my favorite brunch spot. I have been to several restaurant all over this country. Jackson's brunch is the best!Special Features:
- losing its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014maybe the pending sale has spooked some but our server was picked off the streets of tampa and showed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBarrieDined on 8/23/2014We were greeted and seated right away outdoors under a large canopy. View of the water was so nice. Our waitress was very helpful with food suggestions. Had a great experience. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!sinkholeexpertDined on 8/17/2014You will not find a better brunch anywhere. Amazing. Great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchRicanDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at Jackson's. We had a reservation and were promptly seated even though the restaurant was crowded. The group of 4 all had the brunch. There were no lines in omlete bar or pasta bar. The food was good but not great. We sat outside and the views were amazing. We will go again.Special Features:
- Good date night spotTpafoodVIPDined on 8/15/2014As long as the weather is nice, dining outside at Jackson's is really beautiful! Gorgeous view and great food! We had the pesto chicken penne and tuna tartar and both were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but just ok foodLuvEatingOutDined on 8/15/2014I was really disappointed with the food. It is a gorgeous restaurant with a great view...but the food was bland. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Good spotIwasjustokDined on 8/9/2014My daughters and I really enjoyed having some sushi for an appetizer, their first experience, and our overall dining experience was enjoyable. Our server was attentive without being overbearing; our entrees were well prepared and nicely proportioned. Overlooking the water during dinner was a nice bonus. I will definitely return the next time I am in town!Special Features:
- The Best Date SpotCasperDined on 8/8/2014Made reservations here for a date on a whim just to check it out and eat downtown (at a convention all weekend). Sat outside with an amazing view to look at as the sun set right in front of us, the food was so spectacular, our server was attentive and very friendly, and the overall atmosphere made it a great experience. The underground parking was an added bonus and convenience. We will definitely return and I would recommend for anything from date night to family dinner. Amazing experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!ClassyfoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014Jackson's has great sushi! The seafood is consistently delish and the dining is complimented by great service and a stunning view! Jackson's is a must do in Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was phenomenal!!JacksonsDined on 8/4/2014Food was average. My scallop dinner was very salty and scallops were just barely cooked. Two of us that ate this dish weren't feeling well later in the evening. I advised the waitress the food was salty. Appetizers were good. I enjoy this place mostly for the outdoor atmosphere and experience.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is AMAZING!VinceVIPDined on 7/27/2014SO much selections on the Sunday Brunch for a great price. Sit outside and you have a view of Tampa Bay directly in front of you!Special Features:
- FloridaDined on 7/27/2014Excellent food. Professional service. Beautiful view of Hillsborough Bay.Special Features:
- Great view!CMFG33629Dined on 7/23/2014Our group of three arrived early in the evening to celebrate an 84th birthday. The hostess found us a beautiful view after we turned down two others. Our server was knowledgeable and very pleasant. The birthday boy is an avid snapper fan and felt it was prepared impeccably. The parking is not convenient for dealing with limited endurance. Had we known the situation, we would have dropped him off in the front and then parked. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWaynevilleDined on 7/19/2014I found Jackson's to be a great place that's priced well for dinner. At first we thought we were over dressed, but around 730 the well dressed crowd started showing up :-). When we got there, we saw almost everyone in summer beach attire. Absolute nothing is wrong with summer treads so I am not at all knocking anyone. With that said, we plan to visit for Sunday brunch soon in relaxing summer attire. I will definately recommend Jackson's for your romantic night or anything else. Love this place !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EarlVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very nice. Great ambience and great view over looking Tampa bay. Food was outstanding.Special Features: