Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
2506 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksonfillmoresf.com/
- Phone: (415) 346-5288
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jack Krietzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jackson Fillmore Trattoria
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria is a local favorite for a relaxed, neighborhood meal. Jack has been cooking up great Roman and Southern Italian food at Jackson Fillmore since 1985. We have a small, intimate dining room with a dining counter for those who drop by. Our wine list is primarily Italian, representing all of the great regions in Italy. Our Tortellini al Forno and Tiramisu are legendary. We have a sister restaurant in Marin County, Cucina Restaurant & Wine Bar in San Anselmo. Check out our website to view samples of the menu and wine list, or for more information about us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Pacific Heights ›
Jackson Fillmore Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (17)hot spot (11)romantic (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- One of my favorite neighborhood restaurantsCleanairgalVIPDined on 11/16/2014I've been dining here for ever and it is always an excellent experience. The staff are fabulous, the food is excellent, the space is cozy and the wine is superb! This hidden gem is tucked away in upper Pacific Heights. Reservations are recommended unless you don't mind waiting for 20 minutes or so for a table to open up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014The food never fails to be delicious, and the wait staff is courteous, friendly and fun. The restaurant is small, lively, and a little loud...and you need a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pastaNormanDianaDined on 11/13/2014We made sure to have our last dinner in the city here. The pasta is fabulous and the sauces excellent. Be sure to make a rese cation as people are waiting to enter at the 5:30 opening time and is is full by about 6:15!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally decent Italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014There was nothing on the menu that was outstanding with the exception of the tortellini in a cream sauce with proscuitto. Otherwise it is just a local neighborhood diner with a decent eat at the bar option.
- Needs LOTS of workJulietVIPDined on 11/5/2014I Had not been to Jackson Fillmore in 15 years and was hoping to find a great neighborhood italian restaurant. Overall the food was terrible. The 3 pasta dishes that we ordered were swimming in butter, cream, garlic and cheese. Even my 7 year old thought the tortellini was too cheesy. At $18 for a small bowl of tortellini I expected much more. I ordered a salmon special which was much better than the pasta. With that said, the salmon was on a bed of arugula and beans which were so garlicky as to be almost inedible. The salmon was the one bright star as it was perfectly cooked and was a very generous size. I don't think we will make a return visit to Jackson Fillmore unless there is some serious revisions to the food preparation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/1/2014We made a reservation for 6 but there were no tables for 6 available. Therefore, we were stuffed in a table for 4. Since we had a 92 year old and 89 year old, this was very difficult. Since we made a reservation, we were very disappointed that no table for 6 was available.
- Never fails to disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014We live nearby and go frequently - always a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncomfortableDesertFoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014Table was right in front of the entrance door. It was very unpleasant. And neither the food nor the service were compensation enough for the awful atmosphere.
- DeliciousyummmmDined on 10/11/2014This is a small neighborhood gem with traditional and DELICIOUS food. We celebrated a birthday dinner and it was lots of fun. The wine choices are great and the menu provides "drinking well" and you should take their advice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncochran1011VIPDined on 9/21/2014Unfortunately, I have only had ONE dish at this restaurant (although tasted many yummy others) because I LOVE it. It Zuppa de Pesce (sp?). Like a really good cioppino.....The only thing I would suggest is some nice fresh sourdough bread to soak up all the good sauce. I asked and they did give me toasted bread, but fresh would be better. Cant seem to break away and have anything else.... yummy. And the bruschetta they give you to start is to die for. We will be back (been there three times in a month since my daughter moved two blocks away).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem, and Great WineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I love this place, and love the waiters and waitresses here. Half the fun is describing a wine I would like, and letting the servers do the rest! The food is always good and reasonably priced. It's a great value, and I recently just referred a coworker, who by the way, also loved it!Special Features:
- wonderful casual restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014Cozy neighborhood place on a great street. Warm welcome from the moment we walked in. Very nice service and very delicious Italian food and wine. Would highly recommend. I had an amazing seared tuna dish and my husband loved the bolognese with spicy sausage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealBakingBreakfastDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant continues to shine. It seems improve each time I go. Only criticism is service is always been very rushed. Waiters hover around the table anxious to take your order as soon as you sit down. I know it's busy, but this kind of service is a little stressful.Special Features:
- NYC Stylediner123Dined on 8/16/2014While crowded with tables close together, you don't feel cramped, but rather, lively. The food is wonderful, fresh, with a revolving menu. We had four different entrees from fish to pasta, all were amazing. We have been here twice now, the second being before a concert at the Filmore. It is easy to park and dine here and then walk to the Filmore for a show.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My family and I had a GREAT dinner here on a Friday night. At first glance it seems a little small and outdated (handwritten signs on doors) but the food was phenomenal and our waiter Casey was awesome!!! My whole family was raving about this place for days. Delicious!Special Features:
- 29 years of deliciousness!6footblondieDined on 8/7/2014Never miss a chance to visit one of my favorite restaurant's in all of San Francisco. .so wonderful that it never changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/201425th year enjoying the great food & service at this neighborhood restaraunt. The Contadina Mista and the Tortelloni al Forno were incredible. A bit on the noisy side but a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Great food! Great service!! Great wine!!! Nice people!! Comfortable, fun!Special Features:
- FilllJackEBfoodieDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant lacked atmosphere/ambiance, however the food and service was solid. The meals are hearty, basic and good.Special Features:
- The following 507 reviews are from the Jackson Fillmore Trattoria reviews archive.
- Come a casaChoosyVIPDined on 7/23/2014If you long to relive the nights at the local trattoria in that hillside village on your trip to italy, this is the place...or if you want to experience that same feeling. Ok, it's not Mama Lionni at the stove, but the crew is part of the neighborhood, there are plenty of regulars and while they do turn tables (we san franciscan's generally don't linger at tables), they're not in a hurry to rush you out (go on the later side if you don't want to feel rushed by the crowd at the door). The menu is decidedly..."fresh" in a California-good way; expect and try some unexpecteds--you'll be very pleased. I had the seared tuna atop faro and avocado; delicious, fresh and hearty. Plenty of choices for both carnivores and veggie/pescetarians.Special Features:
- Always the bestcrimsterDined on 6/28/2014You can always count on Jackson Fillmore to be an amazing , delicious fun place to eat. My go-to for special occasions or just a impromtu family get together. Casey and Kelly always make us feel so welcome and take great care of us. And of course the food and wine are the best! Thank you!Special Features:
- favorite Italian food in sftao45Dined on 6/25/2014delightful! warm service tasty food 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a big hug from grandmaCathyVIPDined on 6/14/2014I use to dine here 15 years ago, and then haven't till recently. Have gone a handful of times this past year, and every visit has been excellent. Love the neighborhood feel and service is always warm. All guests are welcomed warmly and feel like a part of the big JF family. Can't go wrong starting with the zucchini carpaccio, and the salad verdure is spot on. Carbonara is excellent. Highly recommend it, just don't expect a quiet intimate tetatet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed everything about the experience. The food was delicious and we look forward to going back to try some different dishes. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnAllEarsDined on 6/13/2014Food was salty otherwise tasteless, noise level unbearable. Service slow. The vegetable salad had lots of cheap olive oil and and no acid and it was bland.
- A nice gem of a placeFoodie321Dined on 6/12/2014Surprised to only learn of this restaurant recently after having lived here in SF for 30 years. It was good and our group of 11 enjoyed ourselves. Noise level was very very high, so it was hard to have a conversation without having to shout out loud. Food was good and did not disappoint; yet nothing stood out as a "must have". Their price point was average - not cheap; not terribly expensive either. If you are on a budget, you can probably find similar food for less. The place is small and everyone was sitting very closely together.Special Features:
- DinnerTm21Dined on 6/11/2014Complimentary bruschetta was very good. Appetizer, stuffed artichoke was great, as was the tortellini. One of the specials, yellowfin tuna, was overdone however. It wasn't bad but it wxcept for the center it was white and chewy. Good meal overall. Should have stuck to the main menu.Special Features:
- Great spot!Elknight66VIPDined on 6/5/2014Food is amazing and the vibe us wonderful - love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The StandardSFInnycVIPDined on 5/24/2014Jackson Fillmore is the standard by which I judge all restaurants. It blends the perfect amount of casualness, civility, good service, incredible food and hospitality that one hopes for with any special night out. It's our "go-to" spot for out of town guests.Special Features:
- Great as per usualLocalTBobDined on 5/24/2014Absolute gem in Pac Heights... Regular staff know the menu inside and out and can always help with a great wine pairing. Nothing but love for this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placepete2cyndeDined on 5/24/2014I have been going to Jackson Fillmore for 25 years or more. Love the food. I can always bring friends or family, and it never disappoints!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HEIDIDined on 5/11/2014We were 1st time dinners at the Trattoria, and the food was wonderful! Neighborhood vibe. The waiter's recommended the Salmon Piccata, not on menu, excellent! Calamari with garlic aioli, excellent! My husband asked for a bigger wine glass to simple the wine, and the other waiter said "it will not make any difference"!! Rude, not the right thing to say to someone who knows wines. We had a 5:30pm reservation, as it fills quickly! We would return to try other menu favorites! Heidi CasaleSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food, a bit noisyDDSanFranciscoDined on 5/4/2014We came with some friends after a concert at the church across the street, so we knew it would be busy - and it was. The staff were very helpful in describing the specials and other dishes, and we all enjoyed our meals and wine very much. Some dishes arrived out of order (one salad was very late, and the complimentary bruschetta came after the other salads), which was confusing, although we wrote it off to the very busy house. We'll be back, with or without friends, because the food is so good, prices appropriate, and it's a good experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian comfort food!BerkeleyBobDined on 5/3/2014I havde been a regular at Jackson Fillmore since their opening nearly 30 years ago and at the end of the day, when you're looking for a truly great, authentic trattoria one is hard pressed to find anything better in this town or any other around the world. Every appetizer and entree is delicious and ultimately satiating. Portions are generous and served piping hot. They DO get very busy and sometimes the staff has issues keeping that cup of coffee refilled but otherwise service quite good. I always recommend this place.Special Features:
- What Italian Can BePaulVIPDined on 4/25/2014There are lots of Italian restaurants in San Francisco, and I love several of them. But then Jackson-Fillmore opened, and I go and try one thing after another, and each is better than any of the other Italian restaurants do that item! This is a great gourmet restaurant with a very creative chief.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!SuperNaturalMomVIPDined on 4/19/2014It's been 20 years since I ate at Jackson Fillmore and the food is still as good if not better than before. The use of fresh herbs was a real plus. The portobello mushroom appetizer and verdure salad were delicious. Had the snapper and asked for a green veggie (not on the menu) but they created asparagus in garlic and olive oil. Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian placePdemoreVIPDined on 4/17/2014Amazing Resturant that I visit in San Francisco. Need reservations so open table connection was great. Up in the hills off of the tourist scene it is a wonderful meal and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful find!AprilConquestDined on 4/10/2014We popped in on a Thursday night (thanks to OpenTable) to find a lovely, intimate space filled with great food and a lively yet relaxed atmosphere. Our party consisted of my 80-something mother-in-law, my middle-aged sister-in-law and myself, and my teenaged daughter. We all found menu items that tempted. Portion sizes were perfect. We found no fault in the appetizers, the salad, the main courses (mostly pasta, but one fish), and the dessert. I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014I was looking forward for good food in a nice restaurant environment but was very disappointed. The food was definitely over priced for the food quality. The restaurant was very cramped with no space in between the tables. So basically you can hear all your neighbor's conversations.....it was just too noisy for my taste.
- Great Food, Great Value, but LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/27/2014For me, when I go to a restaurant, it is all about the food. Jackson Filmore Trattoria certainly satisfies that criteria. The food is excellent at a reasonable price; however, you have to ready to put up with tables placed closely, and high noise level.