480 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackson20.com/
- Phone: 7038422790x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11am, Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:15pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Brian McPherson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Brian McPherson brings his seasonally inspired American cuisine, hand crafted cocktails and the best of local waters and farms from Jackson 20 to all our private events located in the stylish Hotel Monaco Alexandria. Beautifully appointed event space, seating 10 – 150, play host to a myriad of events including intimate wine dinners, swank cocktail parties, elegant rehearsal dinners and beautiful weddings. Our brick lined interior courtyard is ideal for receptions or dining, from Jackson 20 cook-outs to garden-style receptions.
A word from Jackson 20
Jackson 20 is a modern American tavern featuring regional American food inspired by traditional recipes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Jackson 20 - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Jackson 20 reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (64)fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (62)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (46)special occasion (41)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (27)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (18)romantic (14)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Hit or MissOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014I've been to Jackson 20 several times and usually find the food to be very good. I always save room for the Banana Pudding. However, this time it was a little off -- tasted powdery, perhaps thickened with cornstarch instead of traditional method. Additionally, I had the cheese plate as my entree and was disappointed that the waitress or kitchen staff (not sure who packed it up) didn't include the accouterments from the cheese plate. Given the price and that I ate only a bite of each cheese it would have been nice to have all the components. There were several large parties and it was Saturday night, so possible that the place was just understaffed. Still worth trying out.Special Features:
- Great Old Town Standard for brunchirishnd02Dined on 10/25/2014Saturday brunch? No problem at Jackson 20. With great lattes (strong!), delicious mimosa creations, and amazing B.E.L.T. (bacon, egg, lettuce, fried green tomato) sandwiches, Jackson 20 is sure to have something for everyone. Our service was a little slow this past week but I usually haven't had that problem.Special Features:
- Perfect Choice3SistahsVIPDined on 10/24/2014I want all to know how great the food and service is....our waiter Justin was awesome and he deserves this shout out. He kept me and my sisters entertained and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.ArlingtonianDined on 10/20/2014The ambiance is pleasant but that's where it ends. The wine selection was lacking and while the menu looked promising the food didn't deliver. Although our waiter was nice enough, he mumbled. Overall, I'd recommend it for cocktails.
- Good mealHoosiersusDined on 10/19/2014We dined here because it part of the hotel we were staying in. I ordered trout and it was well prepared and delicious. My husband had the ribs and said they were good. For a Sunday the bar looked lively. If your looking for atmosphere, this is not the place.
- Great brunch spotOldTownLoveVIPDined on 10/19/2014My girlfriends and I had a fantastic time catching up over brunch (with mimosas, of course) this weekend. Great ambiance in a cute neighborhood. Our server Justin was terrific, and I enjoyed my beef brisket dish. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The four of us recommend and throughly enjoyed and will surely dine at Jackson 20 again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crphillyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Too bad when they redid the menu they took off the great fried chicken dish. The special was a brined double cut pork chop that was outstanding. Nice wine prices by the glass or bottle.Special Features:
- EAB1Dined on 10/17/2014Great first impression! Our waitress was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch changes are not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014No more bottomless mimosas. My food was also underwhelming this time, but that could have been the residual effects of being told the depressing news about the mimosas...
- DisappointedEdTj3Dined on 10/12/2014I have been coming to Jackson 20 for a couple of years now, but my last visit was a terrible experience. I arrive for Sunday brunch with a friend (I bring new friends here all the time because I like the food and brunch is usually very good)and we were taken to our table. When the server arrived, we ordered mimosas but he informed us that there are no longer unlimited mimosas on the menu. He told us that we could order a bottle. He failed to informed us the size of the bottle or what other options we had available. The server was moody because he treated us as if we were bothering him. I ended up only ordering buckwheat pancakes and my friend egg whites.We did not want to order a meal because we felt unwelcome. Pity, I used to love it.Special Features:
- Will come againCappyDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I will come again the next time we are in Old Town. The goat and bison were great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional southern cuisineDCLawyer68VIPDined on 10/11/2014Next door to the Hotel Monaco, Jackson 20 provides a superb take on traditional southern cuisine in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. Some menu favorites includes an excellent bison hanger steak, and a massive charcuterie board. Ham and corn fritters are an excellent start. They also have a nice menu of cocktails heavily focused on bourbon based drinks. Finally, their "little Presidents" menus accomodates children very well.Special Features:
- BrunchTheMimosasGirlsDined on 10/11/2014We loved our brunch at Jackson 20! The atmosphere was inviting. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The kitchen staff was on top of things and not only was our food prepared in a timely manner but was absolutely delicious! The presentation was fantastic! Hands down the best omelet I've ever had! We also had the eggs benedict, which was equally delicious. We will definitely be back and look forward to our next visit! One of the best dining experiences we've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic Neighborhood FindtommyvvVIPDined on 10/9/2014With so many historic and notable restaurants in Alexandria it must be hard to stand out, but this one certainly does. The ambience is reflective of the historic charm of the Hotel Monaco and the food matches that high standard. The local seafood and old world recipies are of the highest quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2014Things were good but not great. Hoped for more quality and refinement, but it was okay. I would not seek it out again but I would go there if I happened upon it or someone suggested it.
- Food and ambiance don't mixGKRKVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was outstanding with a definite southern flair. There were a lot of nice touches and wonderful combinations of mains with sides. Our waitress was terrific. It was our first time here and I thought the restaurant might match the ambiance of the hotel itself - upscale and interesting. The restaurant decor was bland at best and over the top in the noise category with both bar and piped in music that we had to shout over. I'd go again for the food - or maybe just get it as carry out!!Special Features:
- Great for birthday brunchmeredith230Dined on 10/4/2014Came in for brunch on my birthday with a party of 7. The whole group enjoyed the food, drinks, service, and ambiance immensely. The staff was great and brought out many birthday surprises without previously knowing it was a special occasion for our table.Special Features:
- overpricedastroaliceDined on 9/30/2014slow - food not hot - limited menu - 2nd visit - will not return - $13 bucks for a small bowl of onion soup will not cut it
- Amazing brunch!RachelLDined on 9/28/2014I've come here a few times for lunch and dinner but hadn't checked out brunch - it was delicious! The fritters were definitely our favorite, but my friend LOVED the B.E.L.T. It was almost big enough to share between 2 people. Even though it was crowded, the server was always right on top of things. Our mimosas were never empty! The management and staff is always friendly and helpful. Since it was pretty busy it's definitely necessary to make reservations in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Not at all what we expected. Too loud for us to carry on a conversation. The brunch we remember when the Holiday Inn had one in the rooms behind the bricked patio was gracious. Could have gotten this food at many resturants. Sorry, I was not happy.
- LOVE LOVE LOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014This place is an absolute gem. I always recommend Jackson 20 to anyone wanting a great brunch location. Good food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- CrowdedglennoDined on 9/28/2014If you like loud and crowded this is the place. Great atmosphere for brunch. Menu is great service and cooking needs help. Ordered drinks and they never came at the same time as the food. Food took forever to get to us. When it came the Bagel was burnt and the bread on the turkey sandwich was burnt too. The sandwich was toooo big to eat with your hands. No charge to split it. Tasted very good without the bread. I'd go here again just be patient on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll definitly go back!FoodieNYCDined on 9/26/2014Our dining experience was complimented by our excellent waiter. He really knew the menu and helped us pick two delicious appetizers and unforgettable entree's as well as drinks. I had the beet salad and Pan Roasted Amish Chicken and I'd order them both again! The portions were appropriate and the bill reasonable. I'd like to try their brunch the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceAnneVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent - really unique takes on traditional foods. The deviled eggs and spaghetti and meatballs were superb. The staff were just perfect - helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meals, excellent winesBrianDined on 9/20/2014Had very good service this particular occasion. Food was good, and loved the 20 wines for $20 page of the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014All was excellent except the desert which was only fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable good service - great fooddacjfhDined on 9/14/2014never disappointing - sometime too noisy - but this Sunday brunch was just great and the wait staff catered to our guest's special requestsSpecial Features:
- Gem!!!!lambpeteyDined on 9/7/2014Excellent ambiance, food and service. Will definitely be going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TanariogoDined on 9/7/2014This place was great! The service staff was on point, and we had several conversations with the manager, about the restaraunt and life in general. These guys know their stuff and were very freindly. They also made us feel very welcome with our 1 year old son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable Sunday BrunchSundayNightDinerDined on 9/7/2014Had brunch on Sunday September 7 with a 12:15pm reservation. A table was available. Noise level was so high that we had to shout to converse with our guests across the table. Could work with the noise level but the food was pedestrian. French toast good. Eggs benedict--bland. Three eggs w/ hash browns--hash browns were tasteless and had the consistency of cardboard. Have had very good evening meals when the noise level and quality of food was much better in each case. Would not recommend nor return for brunch.
- so-so breakfastContentVIPDined on 9/6/2014having been to the bar several times and having had dinner once, I had confidence I could entertain several old friends for breakfast at Jackson 20. I was disappointed from the minute coffee was served, and the cream was curdled, all the way through to finish. The presentation was poor and the food was so-so. One of my friends ordered poached eggs and was served fried over hard. They joked that next time they would select the breakfast place.
- Very DisappointingrespecttableDined on 9/4/2014After reading the reviews we decided to try it again because past experiences were disappointing. Started with the tomato salad and it was terrible. It could have fed a party of 3 and while a good idea with red pepper jelly - their seemed to be half a jar of it on my plate. Bigger is not better - the chef should go for delicate and subtle. My husband ordered the goat - but the ravioli that came with it was uneatable. The service was great - but the food miserable - we will never return. Looks like that is the feeling from many as the place was not even half full when we arrived and even emptier when we left.
- Love coming heresusanismVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great salmon dish..love the menu concept. Good service.....a place to keep coming back to enjoySpecial Features:
- Great service!RachelLDined on 8/31/2014The servers and bartenders always have a smile on their face, and that makes me smile! I've been here a few times and I've never been disappointed in their food. The squash blossoms are my absolute favorite. Great mixed drinks too.Special Features:
- Not too impressedCman923Dined on 8/31/2014Went to this resteraunt for a special occasion dinner with my girlfriend. I was hoping to go somewhere fancy for a special weekend. First impression was that it was warm there especially for us since we were in dress clothes. The hostess was very nice but spoke softly and was hard to understand. We got there almost an hour before our reservation but they took is in early anyways. Once we got seated our waiter came out to take our order and was also very quiet and hard to understand. He was foreign and did not show much personality at all. I ordered the Amish chicken which was great but the steak my sig other got was unimpressive and very fatty. Overall I think it was overpriced for the entire experience, but not completely awful.Special Features:
- Middle of the roadNayfromLADined on 8/29/2014The waiter was not very enthusiastic. We sat outside. He did not offer all the menus to us, did not mention happy hour deals and only came to our table when we called to him. We had to ask other waiters to help us. We saw food items on tables that were not on the menu. He told us they were on the bar menu......silence. UH, may we order them too? Yes......silence. 'May we have a bar menu? 'Ok'. You get the picture. Food was good. Drinks were potent! Loved eating outside on the street people watching. Dogs were everywhere at the tables outside. The greeter kept them happy with dog biscuits and water bowls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunchkathulahDined on 8/24/2014Best brunch, with indoor and outdoor options. .................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great morningusedtorecommendJ20Dined on 8/24/2014Made resevations early in the week, waited for our table, was sat in the back by the kitchen and bathrooms, traffic central made the morning seem like we were in an alley way, corn fritters, gummy,grits expensive and zero flavor other than water,everyone was afraid to say how bad it was from the past. the saving grace was the endless mamosas boy did we need them that morning, which are not in the meus anymore Will not recommend again
- Yum Yum YumjustbeckyDined on 8/21/2014Came here for dinner the other night and service was absolutely amazing! My friends and I could not get enough of the Tomato Salad with the creamy cheese, spicy jam and sweet candied onions... yum! We will be back for sure, maybe we will do one of the private pig parties before the weather gets too cold.Special Features: