Jack's Steak House
4868 New Broad Street
Orlando, FL 32814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Jack's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 896-2688
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Lacey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Available upon request contract required
- Private Party Facilities: Available upon request contract required.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Lacey 4078962688
- Entertainment: Thursday nights live acoustic guitar and vocalist playing feel good reggae pop mix, with a laid back atmosphere. Friday nights Jazz duo featuring saxophone and guitarist playing top 40 jazz twist Saturday nights we feature live guitarist and keyboardist playing southern rock with a blues feel.
A word from Jack's Steak House
Jack's Steak House features an all new food & Wine menu boasting only the finest steaks and greatest seafood dishes; Maine lobster and macadamian crusted grouper. Treat yourself to a unique appetizer at Jack's like shrimp & grits or the Lobster Macaroni, then try one of Jack's Big Boys, the 22oz USDA " Cowboy" Ribeye. You wont leave hungry and you will want to come TO relive the experience! Jack's Steakhouse also features ladies night on Thursday with $3 three olive vodka flavors, Bacardi flavors and complimentary champagne for the ladies. You'll love live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday featuring the most talented local musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ConstanceDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I and two other couples had dinner for the first time at Jack's. I had the surf and turf and my house had the salmon, both dinners were very good. Our waiter was very attentive and remembered all our special requests without writing them down. The music from the guitar and bass players was great. We all had a great time. The dinners are on the high side for my budget, but for a special occasion it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceCarolDined on 10/11/2014Great menu. Although the waiter was not familiar with the wine list he gave great service throughout the meal and was very pleasant. The steaks were great and cooked exactly as orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never got to goTomBVIPDined on 9/19/2014Thanks to the rude hostess, who basically let us know that the kitchen would be closing shortly after our reservation time, we felt as though our experience would be risky. Perhaps the staff didn't want to make any money on this night :(
- Good music, good foodMark4DiningVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went to Jack's on Friday evening, Sep 19th for date night. Hostess greeted us promptly and reservation was in order. Asked to change table to something more private and hostess quickly accommodated us with a window table near the live music. Was a bit worried about being close to the musician but he was so good, we ended up tipping him more than once. Lobster bisque was very good even without the chunks of lobster one would normally find in a bisque. Garlic chicken wings were meaty with just the right about of garlic. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and cut like butter. Our wine selection was not available but the manager gave us a second selection for a better price. Potato hash with mushrooms and corn was an outstanding sideSpecial Features:
- VanguardDined on 9/5/2014The food was good, and the service was better. There is nothing I would change to enhance the dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was great but nothing else.LovewineandchocolateDined on 8/9/2014Server chewed gum all night, didn't know the menu, hostess was screaming and flirting awkwardly with guests, like kissing on the cheeks of only men. We sat down at 6pm and didn't get to order until 6:45pm. Overall the experience was sloppy and not at all polished or professional. It's clear there is no leadership or oversight in the service BUT the food was great! The only good thing was the quality of food but not worth the messy experience.Special Features:
- See belowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was good; not great. When I had a questions regarding a wine selection, our server brought over the manager who was quite knowledgable of his wine list. Great wine recommendation! I would not rush back as the value for price paid could be found better somewhere else.Special Features:
- The following 168 reviews are from the Jack's Steak House reviews archive.
- Fantastic Restaurant!Lav3000Dined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful time at Jake's Steak House! Great food and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightucfbabeDined on 6/27/2014We had a great meal, service was great and live music was good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak, Beatrice is a gemPhilWVIPDined on 6/4/2014Found the restaurant by driving by, in wonderful area of Orlando. The steak was excellent for a very decent price. Our server Beatrice had a wonderful personality and provided incredible service.Special Features:
- Steve1Dined on 5/23/2014We went to Jacks on friday night, they had a live singer and a guitarist, great food, great entertainment, great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Solid but not a destinationJBTOpenTableDined on 12/31/2013The food was solid but not spectacular. The restaurant is good for groups or bar crowd but is not really suitable for intimate conversation. Service was polite and professional but the pacing of service was off as meal courses all blended together. Prices are reasonable but this is not a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SolidRDCPADined on 12/17/2013I went to Jack's with a group from work. Our orders ran the spectrum of salads to steaks to seafood. Everyone enjoyed the meal and felt the food was very good. No complaints at all. I had the Mushroom Bacon Spinach hash as a side with my steak. It was very good also, highly recommended. This restaurant is a much better alternative to chain steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful dinnerRobinTDined on 12/14/2013We had a wonderful dinner and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice ChangeBobnCarolDined on 12/8/2013This restaurant is in a quiet, lovely part of Orlando seldom seen by the average tourist. Food was wonderful with the exception of the Bananas Foster which was not prepared table side and therefore was like soup when it got to us. The waitstaff is very pleasant and knowledgable. Would definitely come back again and highly recommend to anyone who wants to avoid the unending borage of chain restaurants in OrlandoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps me coming backJeffeatshereDined on 11/13/2013Great food, exceptional friendly service and a vibrant scene, keeps me coming back. Great specials nights often with live music makes this place fun and the new menu is exceptional.Special Features:
- Never been disappointed. OnejpjpDined on 11/10/2013Never been disappointed. One of my favorite spots for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2013Had a wonderful time and the staff made it more memorable when we told them it was our 2 year anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't recommendDisappointedDined on 10/25/2013I was very disappointed, especially since I was going for a special occasion. My boyfriend didn't have the memorable experience I had hoped for and he even left hungry because the food wasn't cooked as promised.Special Features:
- Special NightPaulDined on 10/16/2013This restaurant is superb, fine dining, a nice variety of entrees, abundant selection of wines, service impeccable very nice specials and simply a delight for special occasion.Special Features:
- Did not disappointRockinRallDined on 8/17/2013Second time going and just as good as the first. Great food, service and ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Jack'sRobertDined on 8/13/2013The meal and service were great. A good place for dinner.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2013Our service was great from arrival to leaving. We were greeted with a smile and our table was waiting. Our server Daniel was a delight and very knowledgeable. He knew the wine list and the menu and was able to answer all of our questions. Our food was cooked to order and was absolutely outstanding, the best steak I have had in a while. The muscles and calamari were cooked to perfection as well. We left very satisfied :) I also have to say that the staff is very honest as well, we left a cell phone behind and didn't notice it missing for at least an hour. We called to see if it had been found and they had indeed found it and set it aside so we were able to get it with no hassles or stress. Great overall experience we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemRockinRallDined on 8/3/2013First time we ate at Jack's. Surprised they had live music with acousitcal entertainment, sang all the sangs we grew up with in the 80's and 90's. Good atmosphere. Great food. Excellent service. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013The calamari was great (as usual), the steaks were perfect! The waitress left a little to be desired and the volume on the music over the dining area was much, much too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a night!Tennisis1luvDined on 7/3/2013Delicious food! Great atmosphere! And I just can walk home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2013Very pleasant! Good food and nice service. Would go again.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2013Amazing combination of great service, sensational food and spectacular atmosphere - worth every penny!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceZadamsDined on 5/18/2013I made a reservation at Jack's to celebrate a graduation. There were 8 of us dining, so we had a pretty big group. We had plenty of space, the service was great and the food was excellent. Out waiter was attentive enough to take care of everything we needed without being overbearing. Several people said that the food was the best that they can remember having in quite a while. Overall very happy I chose Jack's for celebrating graduation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood steak houseSmithVIPDined on 5/10/2013Dinner on Friday was very noisy sitting next to the bar. I have been here several times, because I live in the neighborhood. The meat is ok. It's no prime. I ordered the ribeye and thought it was a little chewy for this kind of meat. The Veggies sides we ordered at extra cost were great, although the portions were small. Service was prompt and efficient. The martini was a generous pour, the wine a little meager.
- Nice place. There were someOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/28/2013Nice place. There were some outdoors diners with yapping, barking, small dogs that were a bit irritating but overall this is a great neighborhood steak house that is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013The food and service were great. The music, however, was way too loud. I'm a musician and so for me to say the music was too loud is unusual.Special Features:
- The worse mgr!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013This was our 2nd time there,Where do I start, 1-can not hear yourself think-could not talk to who was at the table-music was to LOUD!! 2-My wife and I brought my mom and dad there, 3-The waitress was slow at bring you your drinks!!! 4-when our meals came to the table,I noticed that my steak was not what I ordered,They butterflied my steak.so,I asked for the mgr, 5-while I was waiting for my meal,everyone at the table was eating,then they finshed eating. 6-my meal came and I asked the mgr if my meal was free since everyone was done,he said no,I told if I do not want my meal, 7-mrg comes back and tells me that since they cooked the steak,they did not want to wast it,so it is free. 8-so to some up everything,We will never go back again
- Great for EntertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2013When entertaining clients, we always go to Jack's. The food, service, and atmosphere are always spot on.I recommend Jack's highly.Special Features:
- Jack's is GreatJeffeatshereDined on 3/21/2013Jack's has it all. Great creative food. Friendly staff. Blake the bartender is a real standout.Special Features:
- Very expensive for what youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Very expensive for what you get. More sports bar atmosphere than fine dining. I sat in the bar area where the noise was very loud and there was a band in the small dinig area making conversation difficult. Service, although pleasent was inconsistent. Ten dollars for a side of scallops bought you 2 quarter size dollops...seriously?! Five dollars per scallop? My 25 dollar filet was similarly sized.Special Features:
- Food was average, had liveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Food was average, had live music inside and an area outside for the kids to run around. Service was below average as th waiter got 2 orders wrong at our table of 6.Special Features:
- I was a little bothered byOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2013I was a little bothered by the pace of our food being brought out. We had the fixed price three course meal with one drink for my wife and one for me. We were done in less than 60 minutes and had spent $100.00 including a tip of about 17%. Management did not seem disturbed about the 5 year old child dancing almost continuously in an area available for couples on a Saturday night, for the enitre time we were there.
- When my wife and I are inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013When my wife and I are in the mood for Steak and don't want a chain or to travel, this where we go. Good food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- While the food was EXCELLENT....TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013While the food was EXCELLENT....The service was NOT good. After chatting with my friends, we realized we had been seated for 40 minutes and the server had not come to our table! I will try Jack's again but I hope this time, our server is more attentive.