Jack's Sliders and Sushi
171 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Jack's Sliders and Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://jacksny.com/
- Phone: (212) 466-2828
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 9:45pm
Friday & Saturday: 12pm - 10:45pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Tse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: At Jack’s, we understand that daily planning for business operations can be overwhelming, difficult, and time consuming
A word from Jack's Sliders and Sushi
Our concept is to present the best bites from the East and the West. We offer delicious eats from sushi and sliders to hibachi and ramen. The setting here is relaxed and cozy. A great place for a date or for a group to meet after work. Check out our website for special events. We also cater for business, private event and more. Check us out on Instagram #jacksnyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Sliders and Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Jack's is worth a visitLiv2EatDined on 11/7/2014Jack's sushi was pretty good. I would skip the chicken nuggets as they didn't taste like chicken. Blue Point pumpkin ale in bottles and a short wine list makes for basic essentials. The old bay fries are a must as are the American sliders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for great pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2014Surprisingly good quality. Innovative dishes. They try to please every request. Not much on the ambience side but in the heart of gramercy this place is a keeper.Special Features:
- Nice enoughD00dDined on 8/9/2014We found this place on the OpenTable search list as a location to satisfy those in our group who wanted Asian fare and those who did not. The menu had a variety of things from sushi to sliders to classic ramen to potstickers. Warning, there are only 8-10 tables in this place and most are 2-tops..it's very small. I think there are tables out back as well though we never saw them. The wait staff are very friendly but the service left something to be desired. A couple people in our party did not receive their meal until we reminded the waitress that we were still waiting for others to be served. This was 10 mins after everyone else got their food. My ramen was excellent but my pork belly slider was meh.Special Features:
- Yummy and VarietyBiklesVIPDined on 8/5/2014If you are looking for a nice relaxing place for tiny burgers and/or sushi, beer, wine or saki, with reasonable prices, try Jack's. Best fries! Love the sliders - pork belly, salmon, chicken and jack's! The waitress is super nice and will make suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Jack's Sliders and Sushi reviews archive.
- Great spot with delicious bitesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Hidden gem with great food and great service. It's a really cozy spot with an intimate feel to it. I had the Jack's and Kimchi Sliders, my fiancé had an assortment of sushi and we both shared the incredible fries. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- not a huge fanalisVIPDined on 6/13/2014the place is in my neighborhood which I love- and its really tiny- which I don't mind. it is cluster chaos in there. there are really only about 6 tables and a few servers and yet everything seems very all over the place. I got sushi- which I think I should have stuck with the sliders as that is there specialty. everything was fine- nothing tasted bad (except the miso soup which was super salty). the service was not great and I think given the tininess it should have been much better.
- ZumoeDined on 6/5/2014Non-sushi items were mediocre at best. We shared small plates and sampled a good portion of the menu items and nothing stood out. Garden wasn't nice.
- neat menu ideaJeffsterVIPDined on 5/30/2014too many times I have been faced with dinning with people who don't like sushi. It's a nice concept to have a menu with both sushi and other fare. We came on a night that was raining so we could not experience the back yard. If you are looking for great / top shelf fish, this is not the place. I had sashimi that was mediocre at best. Others at the table had sliders and enjoyed them.
- I love this placerosewaterDined on 5/16/2014If I can give a 6 starts I could. The food is AWESOME!!! It's not the top notch food you find in a 6-star restaurant, yet, the food was made just right, just delicious enough that everyone on the table went like: "ummm... soooo good.." Great for groups, the best beer selection I've seen!! I love this place!!!Special Features:
- Mother's DayiamrdaVIPDined on 5/11/2014The crunchy curry slider.... SUBLIME. The process were spry on as well. My the children and I ate well for under $60.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time AgainkramDined on 5/1/2014This was our second time there as a group of nine guys, and once again everything was awesome. This place is comfortable, not pretentious and has something for everyone. They have great sushi and some pretty imaginative sliders. They also have vegeterian choices, delicious ramen soups & make sure you get the rock shrimp app....Special Features:
- Great apps! Not for large parties.Brooklyn0822VIPDined on 4/16/2014Good food, good service. Small place, not for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mix of foodsOverseasFoodieDined on 3/18/2014Really good idea to mix these food types and was really good tooSpecial Features:
- Unique menuAwesomePossumDined on 3/9/2014Sushi and sliders! What a unique combination. Really enjoyed the wide selection of sushis and sliders, most with an asian twist. The service was also quick and on point.Special Features:
- disappointedBrooklynDined on 3/7/2014This spot was a last minute reservation due to another place being full. We ordered the top recommended sushi dishes which were ok given the price which was too high. I had the veggie ramen and it was really bland and flavorless. There was one piece of tofu at the bottom I found! The service was annoying. The woman who waited on us did not have any patience and the tone of her voice was irritating. I felt horrible for spending so much money on a lousy place.
- Really interesting and differentKetchDined on 3/7/2014Really interesting and different burgers. The crunchy curry slider was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am officially obsessed withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014I am officially obsessed with this restaurant. The food is awesome and there's lots of variety which makes it a great place for many occasions. The sushi was so fresh, the shrimp appetizer was so good and my favorite was the chocolate bread pudding and green tea ice cream. Fabulous and definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowkramDined on 1/16/2014This tiny place serves food with gigantic taste! The concept is great and our party of six couldn't be happier with the menu and food. The staff (Tang) couldn't be more pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks better online than in personTommyBoyDined on 12/31/2013I was surprised when we arrived to find the restaurant could only seat about 20 people in one small room. Many people were cold from the door constantly not shutting....it was December. The wait staff was friendly but quite annoying. The drink selection was very limited and the overall impression of the food was mediocre. Not worth coming back given all the options in nyc.
- Small inviting restaurantDeweyDined on 12/24/2013Cute little restaurant (has about 10 tables) and very friendly waitress. My husband doesn't like sushi so this place was perfect for us. I ordered some specialty rolls and he got a slider and some gourmet ramen. The sushi was good but my husband couldn't stop talking about how amazing his food was. Next time I would definitely order some of the ramen, it really was unlike any you've had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick bitecmktDined on 12/21/2013Not bad for a burger and sushi fusion. The mini-burgers were satisfying and the sushi was OK. The ambiance caters for two or a small group of friends. Nothing too fancy or plain.Special Features: