24462 Del Prado
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jacksdp.com/
- Phone: 9494891903
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 8:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Jack's offers full service catering as well as party trays to go. We are a wedding specialist as well as home and office parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Jack's has a 40 seat banquet facility
for formal and informal sit down dinners as well as an enclosed patio which seats up to 30 persons.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Loconsolo 9494891903x
- Special Events: Jack's will be serving dinner starting at 1:00pm on easter sunday, we will be offering our full dinner menu and our turner new zealand all natural meats and fish menu including turner lamb!
A word from Jack's Restaurant/Bar
Jack's Restaurant is a casual dining experience offering Turner New Zealand all natural meats and fish as well as Italian cuisine. Dinner is served seven days a week starting at 5:00pm. Breakfast on Sundays 8:30-2:30 Catering and banquets are available. Great for business groups. Happy Hour everyday from 5:00pm until 6:30pm in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Jack's Restaurant/Bar - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Jack's Restaurant/Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (30)romantic (19)good for groups (14)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best Restaurant South Orange CountySCDinerDined on 9/27/2014As noted many times in the past; Jack's is the best restaurant in South Orange County. My wife and I have been to Jack's probably 100 times.Special Features:
- Great place!BongoVIPDined on 9/20/2014We dine at Jacks almost once a week and have been for for the last 16 yrs, a great go to place! Great food at reasonable prices. You just can't go wrong at Jacks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!!!SophieDined on 9/19/2014The thin crusted veg pizza is amazing. I cant say anything negative, except the place is too dark, we had to use flashlights on our phones to read the menu. Its an Italian restaurants, yet they donr have espresso machine. Otherwise, great food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SherriDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I loved this restaurant -- our first visit! Outstanding food and presentation, great service and lovely atmosphere -- at a reasonable price! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Third visitRickyracerDined on 9/12/2014We went with friends for dinner on Friday night. We had salmon, rack of lamb and beef medallions. All were very good. We had bread pudding and a creme brûlée for desert. Service was good and relaxed. Did not feel rushed! We all agreed we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda disappointedCurly64Dined on 9/12/2014We went there for a 50th birthday party and pick Jack's because of he reviews we had read. I had the seafood risotto, my girlfriend had the halibut steak, both were just ok. The risotto was spice-less and runny, the seafood that was in it was good. The halibut was overcooked and dry. After the previous reviews I would have to hope that this was an odd experience, but I'm not sure we would give it another chance.Special Features:
- Never failsBongoVIPDined on 9/8/2014We treated our neighbors of 20 years, who are moving to Texas, to a memorable and delicious meal at Jacks. We wanted to guarantee a wonderful dining experience and Jacks never lets us down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Jacksksb48VIPDined on 8/30/2014Ordered a bottle of Chianti and I had Salmon Montanara and hubby had Chicken piccatta. Both dishes delicious and come with soup or salad and a side of pasta. Food was HOT, fresh and delicious when it hit the table. We love Jacks....and will return.Special Features:
- Great for couples or small groupsLovetoeatoutDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed this place very much. She had the special Chilean Sea Bass and I had the seafood risotto. You get very good quality and quantity of food for the money. The salads that were included with the entree were also great and not too big. Our waiter was helpful and attentive. The noise level was moderate, which was fine. it seems harder and harder to find restaurants that you don't have to yell to your partner during dinner conversation. It's a little dark (but not too much), which can be an issue for people trying to read the menu. We would definitely come back and next time we'll leave room for the chocolate chip creme brulee.Special Features:
- FOODCarolynDined on 8/23/2014Both of us had pasta dishes and they were excellent.Special Features:
- Comfortable DininglocaleatsDined on 8/1/2014Our first time there, so no comparison to make. Service was very helpful and very attentive. Quiet the night we were there (we were lucky for that). Had caesar salad and lentil soup; then lamb rack and filet mignon; then specialty coffees as desert. Wife liked soup and steak without qualification, and was satisfied with portions though steak appeared a bit small for my appetite. Lamb came unseparated, and I should have asked kitchen to cut into chops before serving, to save the risk of a mess. Lamb was tender and correctly cooked, served with excellent mushroom risotto. The location is not too far for us, and this is now a new (extended) "neighborhood" find. We recommend Jack's as a comfortable option for a nice meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OCFoodiesVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a group of seven for a family dinner celebration, and everyone LOVED their dishes! Favorite picks were the Blue Crab Crusted Orange Roughy, Rainbow Trout Almandine, Petite Rack of Lamb, and the Chilean Sea Bass special that evening! Service was a bit slow and we had to self-bus our dishes on a couple of occasions during the course of the meal. Nonetheless, the waitstaff helped themselves to a 20% automatic gratuity when the check was presented -- a bit presumptuous for a party of this size!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!BongoVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have been dining at Jacks since 1998 and have never been disappointed. We have taken many employees and friends to Jacks and they all loved it and made a point to go back! Jacks offers organic, grass fed and gluten free options along with many other selections. There is definitely something for everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Bad Review - long time customerRandyJVIPDined on 7/29/2014Service was atrocious. My wife ordered a seafood pasta with an add-on Caesar salad, & I the Chicken Piccata with oil & garlic pasta. Our waiter writes down both orders. Only my salad is served, when asked the waiter said only my salad was included. I reminded him that we ordered an extra salad & waited for that service. Another waitress delivers the main course. My wife’s service is fine but then I was served as the waitress said Chicken Piccata with no pasta. I tell her, I had ordered the pasta but with oil and garlic. She said the order was put in with a no pasta request but would get me the side pasta right away. The original waiter never checked on our food service but sure showed up when the check came. Never did get the pasta!Special Features:
- It was just okayLambchopDined on 7/26/2014This was my second experience at Jacks. First time I thought it was too expensive ( ie not great value). This time, and it's been 3 yrs since first experience, I thought it was just okay. The food was okay, the service was okay ( but at first he did try to rush us), and that's all I can say. Oh, one more thing, the maître de was probably the best - most personal aspect of the non-event. I can walk to Jacks and I won't be going back for a third try. Sorry.Special Features:
- Always Brings ItJerseyGirlDined on 7/22/2014We went to Jack's for our One Year Anniversary, and as usual, the dinner was to die for. We ordered Orange Roughy Puttanesca over mashed potatoes and spinach and we both wanted to lick the plate. We also ordered a white pizza for an appetizer, and as often as I try white pizza at other restaurants (which is whenever I see it on the menu), Jack's is so far ahead of the others that I think it is time for me to throw in the towel and stop comparing. There just isn't a white pizza out there like Jack's.Special Features:
- Will give a second lookcapobeachboyDined on 7/19/2014We did have reservations and arrived several minutes early. This did not seem to help our wait time. The meal was inconsistent. My dates Sea Bass was superb; texture was perfect. We will return again for that alone. The Veal Scalopine was only so-so. A bit chewy and served on a bed of mashed red potatoes, layered with steamed spinach between. Sauced and topped with mozzarella cheese. Roasted veg on the side. The flavor pairings did not work for me. I will skip this next time. There were several large family groups at the same time we were there. The staff appeared to be very accommodating, however it did seem to be a distraction to our server. Overall a good evening, and we will return to sample more of the menu.Special Features:
- Just oklagunaDined on 7/19/2014Stuck us in inclosed patio area. Very slow service. Meat/Fish dishes good not great. Pasta dishes horrible. 4 of us had dinner so it was 50/50 on the food. Did have some nice wines available. Restaurant was old and needs updating.
- Dependable Jack'soutnaboutVIPDined on 7/19/2014Dining at Jack's provides nice atmosphere, very good service and fair food at a fair price. Diners will not be wow-d but also will not be disappointed. Service was particularly good and accommodating. The menu is broad enough to address different tastes and appetites, but not overwhelming. A few suggestions: order the Caesar salad with the dressing on the side, what I had was drenched with dressing and the romaine had lost it crispness. The dressing was pretty average and the Parmesan not the best quality. The salmon was slightly over cooked, so you may want to inquire about serving temperature to have it to order. Overall it was a good experience for the price charged, just not exceptional.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014The very best eggplant Parmesan! great ceasar salad and good veal piconteSpecial Features:
- Great lambNaranjaVIPDined on 7/16/2014We always enjoy dinner here. It's a favorite local restaurant and we go as often as we can manage it. The lamb is the best. But, we also enjoy the duck and trout.Special Features:
- Jack's is wonderful!!healthyfoodieDined on 7/15/2014There is something for everyone at Jack's. I love that he serves organic veggies and wild-caught fish. He has wonderful choices for meat, like grass fed beef, as well as pastas and pizzas. He has gluten free options and raw/vegan dishes. The variety is amazing. The food is fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not 5 starCathiDined on 7/15/2014The portions here are very large so if you have a normal appetite then share dishes. The signature eggplant appetizer was very generous, enough for 3 people. The sauce was very tasty & I would recommend it as a starter. The chicken piccata was good, but the side of pasta was overcooked. The Pasta Bolognese was very god with the pasta just right. Again it was too much to eat for one person. Service was very good & attentive, the wine, a Pinot Noir, was very good & complimented our meal. The roasted vegetable salad was too heavy on the greens which detracted from the veggies.Special Features:
- Excellent blind findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We had dinner at this restaurant knowing nothing about it as we are from out of town. Everything was very good from the salad to dessert. If I get back to Dana Point, I will definitely dine here.Special Features:
- Comfortable Neighborhood PlaceseafordinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Vacationing in the area, Jacks felt like the place locals go to get a solid meal. We enjoyed our meals and may have been the best Italian food we had on our SoCal vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BEST Italian in towncharDined on 7/3/2014Dinner at Jack's is always amazing. Helpful servers who have been with Jack for many, many years who know the menu, ingredients and are extremely helpful in choosing just the right thing for each individual. I love the HIGHEST quality in menu items and family recipes for several generations. It's my "classy" Cheers in the neighborhood and I can take any friend and/or family there to be delightfully surprised. I LOVE Jack's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRandyJVIPDined on 7/3/2014Long time patron. always enjoy Jack's. Food is always excellently prepared and the wait staff is attentive. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitMotherOfAChefDined on 6/29/2014I am in town visiting and needed to find a nice place to take mom for dinner for her birthday. I went on Yelp and this place had great reviews, I checked out the menu online and thought looks good. We got there early, they were able to accomidate us. Everyone was friendly, food was great. The owner came by to wish my mother happy birthday. I am very happy I chose this place, will definately go again. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Jack'sSandrajDined on 6/28/2014What a find! Food was outstanding! And great service. Best cannoli I've had in years.Special Features:
- A FavoriteDPtResidentDined on 6/21/2014We have been going to Jacks since they opened years ago and have never been disappointed. It is consistently excellent in all areas. Although it's easy to pass by this restaurant without ever noticing it, it is always busy which proves that if the restaurant really has something great to offer, people will learn about it. The manager even addressed us by our name when he said goodnight to us as we were leaving.Special Features:
- Always delivers!BongoVIPDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I have been dining at Jacks since 1998. We have taken numerous groups and friends to Jack's and everyone, with no exception, loves Jacks. Jack's offers a wide selection of meals and the quality, flavor and freshness is consistently excellent. Jack's prices are very reasonable, along with providing Gluten free and Organic choices. Jack's will continue to be our go to spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Food & service were very good. Fish was especially fresh & tasty.Special Features:
- Great diningLindaLeeDined on 6/14/2014We have been eating at Jack's for several years. Great food and service. Jack is very nice and friendly.Special Features:
- DonJDined on 6/12/2014Exception food and service. Ambiance is a plus. Never really loud even when crowded. Food quality is great, year after year. Same staff there for years, obviously a great place to work.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceJohnVIPDined on 6/11/2014Why is Jack’s one of our favorite restaurants? We love the friendly atmosphere, the personal touches by the staff, the great food, and a pleasant environment conducive to having good conversation. I could go on, but... You get the idea. It’s great!Special Features:
- Jack's - The Best in OCSCDinerDined on 6/7/2014This is simply the best restaurant in Orange County. My wife and I dine here almost every weekend that we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotJohnDined on 6/5/2014The decor is a bit dated but clean and comfortable. Waiter professional and prompt. Food very tasty and nicely presented, menu with nice variety of options.Special Features:
- The following 483 reviews are from the Jack's Restaurant/Bar reviews archive.
- Will someone please explain?highexpectationsVIPDined on 5/25/2014Ok so I read the reviews and either we are completly off base or most others are liars or family members. This place is tired and the food is really bad. Might be the worse dining experience we have had in years. Place is dark, the menu was ugly, our table had a big chip taken out of it and the prices are close to Andrea in Newport and that is a five star. Sorry
- Fantastic variety, fantastic tasteJustPeachyDined on 5/24/2014Jack's is as impressive for Sunday brunch as it is for Monday through Sunday Dinner. The menu carries a ton of options from unusual appetizers, to organic meat and fish dinners, to authentic Italian pasta dishes, to the best thin pizza in Southern California. That is just the food. Jack himself is another matter - he is your quintessential restaurateur. Always a hello with your name, always a nice little story to tell, and always glad to see you. His recipies all his and there is always a new dish to try. Jack's attracts a friendly clientele, many of whom are regulars. There are three dining room areas, but you can sneak into the bar at 5 if you're just dying for his yummy food and cannot wait for the proper dinner hour.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemFlaGalDined on 5/23/2014Our new favorite local restaurant! Very friendly staff, wonderful and delicious food choices. Good service and nice ambience. Tables were ample distance apart so nice for conversations. Wine affordable. Although appetizer order was delayed, entrees were timely. We sometimes had to ask for water to be refilled. Looking forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.