Jack's Restaurant & Bar - Pleasant Hill
60 Crescent Drive Suite A
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Jack's Restaurant & Bar - Pleasant Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilovejacks.com/
- Phone: 9258496195
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Jack's Restaurant & Bar - Pleasant Hill
We’re here seven days a week. We want you to feel comfortable coming in any time. All of those days. For breakfast, lunch or dinner. We want to be the place you come to for an omelet and coffee before work, a cocktail and appetizers after, a quick bite for lunch or dinner, or a burger and a beer before or after the movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Restaurant & Bar - Pleasant Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
- I must say I was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013I must say I was a little dissapointed when we were showed to our table. I had made reservations and specifically stated that this lunch reservation was an important occasion because it was bank executives that flew up from LA. We were having a lunch meeting. We were a party of 9 and our tables were split apart, also, we were seated at the corner of the restaurant where one of the tables actually curved. Quite honestly, I was dissapointed.
- We take alot of clients toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2013We take alot of clients to Jack's Pleasant Hill for lunch as it is across the street from our offices.Special Features:
- Jacks is a good reliable meal.EaterVIPDined on 3/11/2013Jacks is a good reliable meal. We were very disappointed this visit as they ran out of lamb chops at 6:45pm and three in our party wanted to order it. Not smart when this is your highest priced entree. Other than that, food and service was good and the waiter was very apologetic.Special Features:
- Great food, more then enough.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Great food, more then enough. Service was above average. Birthday celebrationSpecial Features:
- American Bistro - full menuSanFranFoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2013Jacks is a great restaurant. In the most positive way, it is an American Bistro - a hugely upscale Denny's with breakfast, lunch and dinner on a plastic coated, multi-page menu. All set in a California version of a Paris bistro. To my long-lasting surprise, the fish is consistently good and done is nice variety of styles from Thai to Creole to Mom's kitchen. Parking is a problem, keep circling the shopping center and you'll end up at Safeway or Ross nearby. Updating the outdoor seating area overlooking two fountains that drown out most of the street noise. Not much of a wine list or bar.. well, just like Dennys...Special Features:
- My first time at this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2013My first time at this place. We made a reservation and were seated in about 10 minutes. The ambiance and decor was very modern. For a Tuesday night they were very busy and there were numerous families with little children as well. Great place to have a group or large family meal together. The food was served timely and our server was cordial. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Food was good to very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2013Food was good to very good. The portions were generous, without being excessive. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals and salads. The Tuxedo cake for dessert was very tasty, and a good portion that two could easily split with good portions for each. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Service was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Service was not very good. Waitress forgot my drink 3 times. The put my food order in wrong. She did offer to thave them remake it, but it was so crowded in there I knew it would take forever. They did take it off the bill. I asked for a shot of Jack with a coke back, and The coke was warm. Too loud to even hear the person next to you.
- Extensive breakfast menu.MojooVIPDined on 3/2/2013Extensive breakfast menu. Good selection. Great service. Corned beef hash tasted awful! I had hash that have been made from scratch.It was recommended by the server because it was made fresh. It was mushy. Didn't see any chunks of corned beef .Strange taste. Rather have the can hash then. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- I detest being told I willRobbyVIPDined on 3/1/2013I detest being told I will need to wait past my reservation time while my table is being prepared -- only to see many open tables and the wait was a ploy to get me into the bar. Then waiting once seated, and waiting, and waiting. I'm not a demanding diner, but such occurrences don't encourage me to hurry back for another visit. Our server (once she appeared) treated us well. The Mediterranean mixed appetizer was excellent, and I enjoyed my "Sunset Blvd Burger" w avocado and two cheeses on toasted sourdough. Good food, not great; a busy place at 9 on a Friday night.
- Great food and great service.FyrflieDined on 2/27/2013Great food and great service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Okay....QuietVIPDined on 2/24/2013Well, Jack's is okay; not great, just okay. On the plus side: the choices are varied and the servings were large. On the minus side: the service, while friendly, is inconsistent and forgetful. There's not much more I can say....
- Nice overall decor, despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Nice overall decor, despite the TVs playing with the sound and the diners' attention both turned off. A bar in the dining room was tacky. Long rows of carefully aligned 4-person tables were boring. The service was polite, friendly and prompt. When my wife's salad arrived with dressing on it, it was 4 minutes before a waiter came near enough to get his attention-the server grabbed the wrong plate. My turkey club was tasty, but the meat was piled in the middle instead of evenly distributed. A sandwich and a bowl of coleslaw on a bare plate rated near zero for presentation. My wife's Thai salad looked like a wad of cabbage run through a shredder with nothing added for character. Coffee refills by request only. We won't return.Special Features:
- The weather was great andMangiataVIPDined on 2/23/2013The weather was great and we ate on the patio. We thoroughly enjoyed our salads. Looking forward to dining there again - soon.
- Loud, but very nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Had dinner there recently....place is VERY nice inside...makes you wanna stay....food was pretty good..I hear they are famous for breakfast, so I will try that soon....only bad mark is the noise level...pretty hard to have a conversation without yelling....other than that...I give it good marks!
- We were a group of four womenHappydiner18Dined on 2/22/2013We were a group of four women enjoying a late morning brunch at Jack's Restaurant in Pleasant Hill. We were very pleased. Our meal was delicious, and our waiter was quite attentive. We had requested a quiet table and the hostess did honor our request mentioning that she saw our request on the Open Table reservation. That was reassuring that they read the special requests.Special Features:
- Great dinner! Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013Great dinner! Our waitress was outstanding - kept our drinks flowing and brought more salad dressing as we requested.Special Features:
- Service for group lackingTable4twoDined on 2/17/2013We were a party of 10. They gave us a private room, which was great, and quiet. They even offered piped in music, twice, which we declined. And everyone was happy with their food. Those were the good parts. Unfortunately the service wasn't up to par. We had to keep getting up and asking them to come "service" us - take our order, bring more coffee, clear the dishes, etc. The manager eventually helped out the server. We've been there twice before, on the main floor. It was more noisy but the service was more attentive. And, they added an 18% tip which they didn't deserve. We usually tip 20-25% but the service warranted less this time. Overall it was just okay. Too bad, as this was a large group that could have provided future return traffic
- We have been going to Jack'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013We have been going to Jack's since they first opened in the old Left Bank. Not once have they disappointed us. The service is very attentive, the food spectacular and the atmosphere cozy albeit a tad loud for me. The place has been booming since it the first day of business and one understands why the first time that they visit. Super, super friendly and did I mention that the food was delicious?Special Features:
- Great for gatherings with friendsmstargirlDined on 2/14/2013Went with friends for dinner on Valentine's Day. Food was delicious and we had great service!Special Features:
- Valentines Day what can ITann2VIPDined on 2/14/2013Valentines Day what can I say .... Seated timely .... but we asked to move as teh window was not air tight and it was about 45 degrees out ... that might have been our mistake as I needed to ask the Hostess if she could help find a waiter for us ... clearly we were in no mans land this night for waiters ,,, the food was goodSpecial Features:
- It being Valentine's EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013It being Valentine's Evening it was very busy, we knew that would be the case and arrived 45 mins. early. They were able to sit us within 15 mins which was nice since the bar area was crowded and noisy. The upstairs area was rather plain but very quiet which was nice. The food was great and our waitress appeared that she wished she was somewhere else - polite but distant. Over all, though, a nice night.Special Features:
- The food is always consistentlyendoexpertDined on 2/14/2013The food is always consistently very good. Service is also very good. Outdoor dining is very pleasant when the weather is warm.Special Features:
- So Jacks is a neighborhoodJenraDined on 2/14/2013So Jacks is a neighborhood gem! I am so glad we made reservations, because once we sat down it started to get PACKED! Remember this place is always packed... The food was good however my chicken piccata was a little tangy this time which I didn't remember from the last time I ordered it. My husband LOVES their Fried chicken, and yes it was GOOD! The only complaint I may have is that we were looking forward to having their EARLY bird special that night ( an early bird special is a menu they offer until 630 pm that offers certain meals which include soda/ice tea, salad, and meal for only 14.95) but our waitress told us they were not offering it that night because it was a holiday!!! Hello it was Valentines day NOT a holiday!Special Features:
- This was our first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was our first time eating dinner at the restaurant. It was Valentine's Day. I made reservations for 5p a week in advance because I knew it would be crowded. I am disabled and use a walker. We arrived 15 minutes early and to our surprise, there were many empty tables. My husband asked if we could be seated early but the hostess told us no. She was a young girl with an attitude. When we were seated at 5pm, there were still plenty of empty tables. She wanted to seat us in the middle of the floor, which would have been a tripping hazard for people walking by my walker. We asked her if we could be seated next to the window so that I could have my walker out of the way. She gave us a look and told us she would have to ask if that was okSpecial Features:
- Beware if you are gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/11/2013Food is average but wide selection of salads/sandwiches to suit a variety of tastes for business lunch. Breakfast is served until 2pm which is nice for a change. Parking is always a challenge. **Beware if you are gluten free - my colleague ordered a gluten free pasta (from the gluten free menu) but was served regular pasta. He didn't know until he asked again after tasting the difference. Unfortunately too late. The waitress didn't appear to care/understand what she had done. The manager came out (without us asking) and apologized profusely and told us he sat her down and explained how serious an issue it was and comped the entree. I doubt we will return.Special Features:
- We were having dinner priordjshaferVIPDined on 2/6/2013We were having dinner prior to a movie across the street and the service was so accomodating to make sure we got there in time that we actually got out early!Special Features:
- Only problem was trying toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Only problem was trying to find parking for a Saturday lunch. Took 15 min of driving around. But meal was worth it.Special Features:
- Downright disappointingoaklandeaterVIPDined on 2/2/2013So disappointing this time! I've been here numerous times. I ordered the sole and asked very clearly, politely, specifically for no oil, no butter, substitute toast for the mashed potatoes, etc. It came smothered in cream sauce, toast was buttered, and vegetables were swimming in oil. I don't understand how the server could have mistaken my order at all, and again, I was very polite and clear about it. I'll never go again if I'm on a restricted food plan, as they can't get it right.Special Features:
- Jack's has an unusual menuexplorerVIPDined on 1/30/2013Jack's has an unusual menu and each time we've been there the food has been excellent and served hot, just the way we like it. We love the restaurant!!!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013We enjoyed the food and the service attentive. It was ver noise for our taste however definetely I will go back.Special Features:
- We've been to Jack's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013We've been to Jack's several times and always have a great experience. My grandson, age 3 loves it!Special Features:
- After reading reviews andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/26/2013After reading reviews and seeing the crowds most times we went by this place, we were set for a pretty good meal. Our food was decent, but mostly it's diner food quality. The service was abysmal. Our server got nothing right, not our drinks nor most of the food. Some of his errors he never corrected. I might try this place again. I'm sure the bad service impacted my opinion. But I probably won't be hurrying back to do it. We were there when it was actually pretty empty and they had plenty of staff working, not sure what happens when they are actually busy.
- We were seated promptly whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2013We were seated promptly when we arrived. Our waitress was very quick with taking our orders and bringing our food, which was appreciated since we had our two toddlers with us. The Jack's omelet was satisfying and the pancakes are huge, one was plenty for our three year old.Special Features:
- Servers were excellent. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Servers were excellent. Only complaint was we were celebrating 4 birthdays and they didn't even offer a free desert. We did order a cake piece to share that did have 4 candles. Nice touchSpecial Features:
- Homemade Yankee Potroast a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Great service and great food choices. Something for everyone. My favorite is the Homemade Yankee Pot Roast!!Special Features:
- My husband and I dine outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2013My husband and I dine out every week. We were particularly impressed and extremely pleased. The food was fantastic! Generous portions! Service OUTSTANDING!!! Truly a find and will definitely return. Thanks for the privilege to brag about our fantastic experience. Brian and Bonnie WalkerSpecial Features:
- Jack's is a great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/21/2013Jack's is a great neighborhood staple. They have an extensive menu with everything from pasta to fish. This includes many specialty items like multiple varieties of mac-n-cheese and their homemade avgolemono soup. There is a Greek flair to some of their dishes which makes your dining experience even more fun. The staff is accommodating and the owners can often be seen greeting guests and helping out. Reservations are a good idea since they're often busy. The bar area is a bit small and seating is first-come, first-served so you can wait awhile for that bar seat. All in all, Jack's is one of my favorite restaurants so I'll keep going back!Special Features:
- Came here for a girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2013Came here for a girls night out and had a fabulous time. Ambiance was great for talking, laughing, and having a great time without feeling like we were a bother. Food and drinks were excellent...desert was wonderful (mocha cheesecake)! Our server was also amazing. Great experience!Special Features:
- Great Business Lunch Option!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Great food and service. I was seated at my requested reservation time and given a relatively quiet table as requested. My reservation was for noon, and menu provided lunch or breakfast options. My guest and I both loved the food and out waitress was prompt, attentive, and genuinely friendly.Special Features: