Jack's Oyster Bar & Fish House
336 Water Street
Oakland, CA 94607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Jack's Oyster Bar & Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jacksoakland.com/
- Phone: 5102717952x
- Hours of Operation:
We take reservations everyday for Lunch and seat on a Walk In basis for Dinner
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Peter Villegas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Matt Detert 5104335059x
A word from Jack's Oyster Bar & Fish House
East Coast meets East Bay at this Jack London Square Restaurant overlooking the harbor. Focusing on sustainable seafood, an impressive raw bar, traditional & modern global influenced dishes. Handcrafted cocktails, Beer & Wine on tap & Champagne available by the bottle. We take reservations at Lunch and seat on a Walk In basis for Dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack's Oyster Bar & Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)scenic view (10)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Your cocktail charges.KahunapeteVIPDined on 9/16/2014I, and several of my friends, had lunch at Jack's earlier this week. Oysters were great but the food was just O.K. What really made us angry were martini's we ordered at the $11.00 menu price were actually $13.00 when we paid the bill. We asked our waiter and he said "that's the way it is." I've never experienced this before. Granted $2.00 isn't going to make or break me but I doubt we'll be coming back. I'll get my oysters elsewhere.
- Great startDianeDined on 9/15/2014Glad to have tried this new spot. Our favor it was the ciopinno. Outstanding.Special Features:
- OystersthedoctorDined on 9/9/2014Just went for the oyster deal, but the menu looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ridiculously good seafood!!!!Lobo28Dined on 9/8/2014This restaurant definitely exceeded my expectations! All of the seafood was fresh and perfectly cooked. The service staff were also very friendly as well as accommodating.Special Features:
- service needs practiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/7/2014Still early days -- great food but service quite off.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Giant crab cake was full of crab and very tasty but popcorn was unnecessary. Similarly, lobster roll had sufficient carbs without side of potatoes. Cole slaw was too vinegary and could have used a touch of sweet or mayo. $1.50 oysters were a good deal but prices were otherwise too high for what you got. $30 for a carafe of what was probably a half a bottle of chardonnay?? I will continue dining at Bocanova, which is one of my favorite neighborhood spots but Jack's, although long awaited, needs changes if it is to succeed.Special Features:
- Not bad for 1.5 weeksAcedVIPDined on 9/1/2014Some things need some work...no sparkling water, instead tiny glasses of soda water with ice for $4 and no free refills, please. The kimpachi and tuna poke appetizers and the lobster roll were phenomenal. I would come back for those. The oyster stew was very strange, the broth didn't work and 5 tiny oysters. The blue shrimp were beautiful but the sauce was bland, a basic spicy cocktail would have been great. The crab cake was OK, the sauce and corn were nice (popcorn wasn't needed and it was stale) but the crust was a bit heavy. Plenty of crab though. I would definitely come again, service was spectacular.
- Opening hiccupsJLS1Dined on 9/1/2014We dined at Jack's on Labor Day in the late afternoon and they were already out of many menu items. I know that this restaurant only recently opened, so they need to work out the kinks. Service was slow - we didn't get our oysters until after the entrees. Food was mediocre (crab cakes were good) but that could be because they were out of our choice. We'll probably give it another try in about a month.
- Kitchen not organizedGaryVIPDined on 9/1/2014Waitress was great, food was hit or miss. Chowder, salads, crab cakes and oysters good, lobster was not cooked!Special Features:
- LoLaGingLoLaGingDined on 8/28/2014Everything was fantastic & yummy, from the drinks, service & food !! I came with two friends, one had the oysters & mussels, one the oyster Rockefeller salad, and I had the soft shell crab, which sat on a bed of scrumptious kimchi. I ordered two sides, the coleslaw & fried potatoes, which were piping hot, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. When I took my first bite of coleslaw I was surprised to discover it had some jalapenos, which were too hot for me, so the waitress kindly brought me the roasted corn on the cob, which was delicious, and my dinner companions enjoyed the coleslaw. Both friends raved about their dishes. We shared the molten lava cake and had coffee to finish off our meal. I definitely will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Jack's Oyster Bar & Fish House reviews archive.